Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming we get a top 3 pick, is there any player/players on the same team that you would want to trade the pick for?

Few names as I was just looking at teams, wanted to hear what you guys think:

Evan Mobley (Cavs)
    Cade Cunningham (Pistons)
    Lauri Markkanen (Jazz) (If pick falls below 5?)

Not really sure who else, league sort of sucks now LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those I don't believe are realistic targets. Mobley would also not be a good fit. One player that comes to mind is Trey Murphy, who is up for an extension but New Orleans' salary outlook seems rather tight, and they're looking for a rim protector. Maybe they could be interested in Alex Sarr as a cost controlled rim protector with upside to develop into far more than that, Trey Murphy isn't the highest upside wing in the league, but he's very solid defensively and as a shooter, and he's very young, it;d be a matter of how confident the Spurs would be on whomever is available on the board (Risacher?) and whether the cost controlled rookie deal and perceived upside is worth the risk of the pick failing to meet expectations or the time it'd take to do so. But him for a pick could be a rough framework for a deal I feel (give or take a few additional assets).

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those I don't believe are realistic targets. Mobley would also not be a good fit. One player that comes to mind is Trey Murphy, who is up for an extension but New Orleans' salary outlook seems rather tight, and they're looking for a rim protector. Maybe they could be interested in Alex Sarr as a cost controlled rim protector with upside to develop into far more than that, Trey Murphy isn't the highest upside wing in the league, but he's very solid defensively and as a shooter, and he's very young, it;d be a matter of how confident the Spurs would be on whomever is available on the board (Risacher?) and whether the cost controlled rookie deal and perceived upside is worth the risk of the pick failing to meet expectations or the time it'd take to do so. But him for a pick could be a rough framework for a deal I feel (give or take a few additional assets).
    Trey Murphy isn't nearly good enough to give up Sarr for. Wouldn't trade the Toronto pick for him either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bridges & Brogdon

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lauri Markkanen and Cade Cunningham are worth more since they are proven franchise players and this is a weak draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey Murphy isn't nearly good enough to give up Sarr for. Wouldn't trade the Toronto pick for him either.
    On paper, I also like Sarr's upside and I'd take him, but if the Spurs are looking for a wing rather than a big then it's not Trey vs Sarr but Trey vs. Risacher. And what are the chances Risacher is better than Trey Murphy? Maybe it;s not worth the gamble. Probably I'd ask for something extra, like another future pick or so. As for the Toronto pick... it'd be a no brainer IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bridges & Brogdon
    Brogdon is 31, injury prone, and on an expiring (next season). He was recently traded for a late first and almost traded again for one (the proposed trade fell through because of injury concerns). Don't get me wrong, I'd like him, but for 2/3 SRPs, not the Spurs' own first. Bridges will be a free agent, he;d be a MASSIVE talent upgrade, but with his rap sheet the Spurs won't touch him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming we get a top 3 pick, is there any player/players on the same team that you would want to trade the pick for?

Few names as I was just looking at teams, wanted to hear what you guys think:

Evan Mobley (Cavs)
    Cade Cunningham (Pistons)
    Lauri Markkanen (Jazz) (If pick falls below 5?)

Not really sure who else, league sort of sucks now LOL
    Cade is 'probably' the only one of those you could get for #3, but that's not a sure thing they'd do that trade. I think we just use the pick unless it's part of a bigger trade.

On Trey Murphy, I'd definitely rather have about 6 guys in the draft ahead of him (at least). If the Toronto pick is past that, I might consider it. Even then I'd have to give a little pause because he's about to get paid vs a cost control guy at the position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is trading those players for a top 3 pick in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're not getting any of those guys even for the #1 pick in this draft tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On paper, I also like Sarr's upside and I'd take him, but if the Spurs are looking for a wing rather than a big then it's not Trey vs Sarr but Trey vs. Risacher. And what are the chances Risacher is better than Trey Murphy? Maybe it;s not worth the gamble. Probably I'd ask for something extra, like another future pick or so. As for the Toronto pick... it'd be a no brainer IMO.
    The chance is Risacher is better than Murphy is pretty high, the chance Cody Williams or Buzelis is better than Murphy is pretty high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It might be a great trade piece in a package to get Trae

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It might be a great trade piece in a package to get Trae
    Don't think I'd give either of our 2024 picks for Trae considering Atlanta would be getting their own picks back in a Trae Young deal with the Spurs. I see no reason for the Spurs to bid against themselves because no other team will offer anything close to the value of those two picks and tearing up the unprotected swap that could be engineered into three top 5 picks for them, with two of them in what look to be very good drafts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd entertain trading down if Spurs get a top 2 pick. Sarr is overrated and doesn't fit what the Spurs need.

Two of:

- Cody Williams
    - Zach Risacher
    - Reed Sheppard
    - Rob Dillingham
    - Tidjane Salaun.

Id prefer Cody Williams and Reed Sheppard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather keep my top 3 and the same timeline with Wemby, unless it’s for Luka (part of a bigger deal of course). If the TOR pick, yes and I’d throw in Keldon too for Jaden Ivey or any young PG or defensive wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd entertain trading down if Spurs get a top 2 pick. Sarr is overrated and doesn't fit what the Spurs need.

Two of:

- Cody Williams
    - Zach Risacher
    - Reed Sheppard
    - Rob Dillingham
    - Tidjane Salaun.

Id prefer Cody Williams and Reed Sheppard.
    there's a fair chance Risacher and Dillingham are gone after 2 to 5 (maybe 2-3) so you're probably not getting the two or any of them, trading down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brogdon is 31, injury prone, and on an expiring (next season). He was recently traded for a late first and almost traded again for one (the proposed trade fell through because of injury concerns). Don't get me wrong, I'd like him, but for 2/3 SRPs, not the Spurs' own first. Bridges will be a free agent, he;d be a MASSIVE talent upgrade, but with his rap sheet the Spurs won't touch him.
    Mikal and not Miles Bridges. I would be willing to give up the Toronto pick plus one of the Atlanta picks and maybe the Chicago FRP as well, besides giving up on Keldon Johnson and Malaki Branham. Keeping the Spurs pick can net either of Risacher or Topic.. I actually wouldn't mind Reed Sheppard as well as a shot in the dark. Amazing clutch and high basketball IQ player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade the top pick for Lauri in a heartbeat. 7'0 foot PF with a great three ball who is one of the best off ball players in the NBA. A Wemby/Lauri/Young big three is a le contender day one. Too bad Lauri wont be for sale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The chance is Risacher is better than Murphy is pretty high, the chance Cody Williams or Buzelis is better than Murphy is pretty high.
    Damn, Risacher better be. You'd be paying him three time as much per year and taking him 14-16 spots higher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade the top pick for Lauri in a heartbeat. 7'0 foot PF with a great three ball who is one of the best off ball players in the NBA. A Wemby/Lauri/Young big three is a le contender day one. Too bad Lauri wont be for sale.
    Lauri will be an UFA after next season tbh. I bet the Spurs (among many other teams) will be interested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Risacher better be. You'd be paying him three time as much per year and taking him 14-16 spots higher.
    Was talking about Trey Murphy on the Pelicans who is a meh NBA player, not Furphy out of Kansas. Though I'd easily rather have Risacher than Furphy too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mikal and not Miles Bridges. I would be willing to give up the Toronto pick plus one of the Atlanta picks and maybe the Chicago FRP as well, besides giving up on Keldon Johnson and Malaki Branham. Keeping the Spurs pick can net either of Risacher or Topic.. I actually wouldn't mind Reed Sheppard as well as a shot in the dark. Amazing clutch and high basketball IQ player.
    Only way I could see getting Bridges would be if the Spurs got the #1 or #2 pick and then they'd have to trade it in addition to one of the Atlanta picks and the Chicago pick minimum. Otherwise they'd be better off trading with Houston if they're willing to let Bridges go.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is trading those players for a top 3 pick in this draft.
    The Jazz will absolutely give us Lauri for 3 and laugh in our faces about it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Jazz will absolutely give us Lauri for 3 and laugh in our faces about it.
    Good lord, if the #3 overall is all it took to get Lauri this year you pull the trigger on that no questions asked. Ainge would have to get checked for brain damage if he accepted that.

Thread Information