Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on bruh. I use Yao as the example, he was playing year round however. Wemby has been on a minute restriction a lot of the season due to his size, at 19. And if you look at history, not many guys that tall have had long careers. That’s a concern when it comes time for him to play 35 plus minutes a night.
    Wemby's body is nothing like Yao's. You like to compare Wemby to Shawn Bradley, that's a more apt comparisson in terms of body types (with Wemby being much more agile, coordinated and light on his feet) and Bradley played 16 seasons without major injuries. Wemby's injuries concerns are nothing more than wishful thinking by petty, jealous, people like you, tbh.
    Last edited by DAF86; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby's body is nothing like Yao's. You like to compare Wemby to Shawn Bradley, that's a more apt comparisson in terms of body types (with Wemby being much more agile, coordinated and light on his feet) and Bradley played 16 seasons without major injuries. Wemby's injuries concerns are nothing more than wishful thinking by petty, jealous, people like you, tbh.
    closest comparisons to wemby historically when it comes to height + fluidity/agility are probably ralph sampson, who himself suc bed to knee injuries, and kareem, who had as much longevity as anybody

freak injuries can always happen. fall at the wrong angle and poof. but wemby for a long time has had a regimen meant to improve his flexibility and reduce changes of some of the injuries that people have concerns over

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He’s 7’6 and on a minutes restriction. You’re an idiot if you think size can’t potentially play a factor in career longevity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s 7’6 and on a minutes restriction. You’re an idiot if you think size can’t potentially play a factor in career longevity.
    He was on minutes restriction for a little while during the season, that's it. Wemby playing 30 minutes per game is just Pop being Pop, nothing more. For the record, Wemby played 35 minutes per game (out of 40) while in France and played entire seasons, winning MVPs and getting to league finals. Like I said, Wemby's physical concerns are nothing more than theoretical so far.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Come on bruh. I use Yao as the example, he was playing year round however. Wemby has been on a minute restriction a lot of the season due to his size, at 19. And if you look at history, not many guys that tall have had long careers. That’s a concern when it comes time for him to play 35 plus minutes a night.
    He was on a minute restriction because of his ankle. His minutes are based on him being a rookie, him being big and the season not having the urgency to risk having him out there for more minutes. There's a lot of things that no one that size has done, he's doing them. I agree about the long careers, but I wouldn't trade prime Yao for prime Marcin Gortat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs added Victor and might actually win less games than the year before
    Different years. But I don’t see you ever understanding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. And it’s more about risk of chronic injury due to his size.
    What’s the injury risk of a no defense playing turk who moves like pistachios in Turkish delight?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    djohn would not trade Sengun for Wemby ?

never go full re tbh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was on a minutes restriction for a month. He plays 30 minutes a night because he's a rookie and this is an era where no one runs their players into the ground anymore and even stars in their primes typically play around 35 minutes a night (no more Michael Finley at 42mpg for example).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was on minutes restriction for a little while during the season, that's it. Wemby playing 30 minutes per game is just Pop being Pop, nothing more. For the record, Wemby played 35 minutes per game (out of 40) while in France and played entire seasons, winning MVPs and getting to league finals. Like I said, Wemby's physical concerns are nothing more than theoretical so far.
    but also based on facts that no one 7'4 or taller lasted long. only two people at that height range even played 800 games in their career, most flamed out early with injury problems (including those two).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but also based on facts that no one 7'4 or taller lasted long. only two people at that height range even played 800 games in their career, most flamed out early with injury problems (including those two).
    Including which two?

How many 7'4" or taller players have there been? Bradley played 16 relative healthy careers. Boban never had injury concerns that I know. Rik Smits the same. Eaton. Manute Bol I know playef quite a bit, I don't know if he was injury prone or not. The only two tall guys I know that were injury prone are Yao and Sampson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Including which two?
    mark eaton played 875 games

shawn bradley played 832 games

How many 7'4" or taller players have there been?
    15 players have been 7'4" or taller

Bradley played 16 relative healthy careers.
    he absolutely did not. first, he played 12 seasons. and he absolutely battled injuries in his mid to later 20s, leading to him retiring at 32 despite low mileage, only averaging 23mpg for his career

Boban never had injury concerns that I know.
    boban almost never plays, he has no reason to be injured

Rik Smits the same.
    he absolutely battled injuries in his late 20s, leading to retiring while only averaging 26 mpg for his career. and he was known for battling and struggling to play through foot problems his entire career.

while pretty healthy much of his career, he also retired relatively early due to injury problems he was battling later in his career.

Manute Bol I know playef quite a bit, I don't know if he was injury prone or not.
    um he barely played

he was in the league 10 years, averaging 18mpg and only played 19 games his last two seasons

The only two tall guys I know that were injury prone are Yao and Sampson.
    well now you've learned that basically anyone who averages more than 20mpg at that height battled injuries and at their absolute best, lasted 12 seasons before being forced to retire due to injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Different years. But I don’t see you ever understanding
    you're right.

last year they had a lot of rookies, injuries, and were obviously tanking for wemby.

this year they have been more healthy, more experienced, added wemby, and players are actually trying to win some games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're right.

last year they had a lot of rookies, injuries, and were obviously tanking for wemby.

this year they have been more healthy, more experienced, added wemby, and players are actually trying to win some games.
    Yup. You don’t understand the spurs don’t play in a vacuum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. You don’t understand the spurs don’t play in a vacuum
    lol wemby cant win 20 games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So your “argument” for my comeback to the spurs winning less games this year is that the spurs can’t win 20 games? Working on an infinite loop?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    people still taking chubbs trolls as serious basketball convo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockets aren’t losing damn near 60 games this year, so don’t ever make that comparison in my face again. They weren’t even losing 50 games before Sengun got hurt. But we know he made Wemby his personal and you disappeared.
    upset

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Did they lose 60 games? My bad. That was the Spurs with some generational talent they said.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Wemby didn’t even sniff the play in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby didn’t even sniff the play in
    He wasn't supossed to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did they lose 60 games? My bad. That was the Spurs with some generational talent they said.
    I'd never seen a guy so content with being bad after 3 straight years of top 5 picks and using all their cap space in the offseason.

Thread Information