Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have the best 3PT% since the All-Star break, after being last in the league before ASB.

We are still 27th overall, currently.
    That basically explains the few recent wins, more than everyone "turning a corner". Spurs are shooting out of their mind recently on 3. But that's an abberation, and will cool down eventually... You just don't really go from worth to best in the NBA, just like that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously we still need a few more players but it’s nice to see the team scrapping and numerous players snapping out of the various slumps and funks etc they were in. Sochan, Branham, Barlowe that’s three 20-year old dudes right there, ballin’ strong!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When people complain about Sean it’s an immediate tell that they are casuals. As an analyst he’s not great but the broadcasts are entertaining, he inserts himself just the right amount and he’s the perfect amount of homer for a local broadcast. If I had to have Doris Burke or JJ Re in my living room for 2 hours three nights a week I’d put my tv through the drywall

sean is entertaining and knowlegdable- i enjoy the broadcasts he is on….

EXCEPT

when Mic e Beadle or another guest comes on as Sean becomes a talking fool and forgets there is even a game in progress…

mic e: “hey sean what kind of jockstrap did michael jordan wear- like what brand- what color what texture?”

sean: “well, dont get me started because michael had real good taste….rambles for 30 minutes…game goes to overtime while sean and mic e ramble about meaningless stats, old rivalries, etc….”

otherwise sean is ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Homer announcers are always annoying for the opposition's fans. It still beats listening to Reggie Miller and Doris Burke.
    100% agree

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometime I listen to the enemy announcers briefly, like to hear them marvel at Wemby and that sort of thing. Did not turn out too well when I tried to start the Houston game and they went on about Sengin driving the ball into Wemby, which of course I just thought they were being crazy homer fools at first…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That basically explains the few recent wins, more than everyone "turning a corner". Spurs are shooting out of their mind recently on 3. But that's an abberation, and will cool down eventually... You just don't really go from worth to best in the NBA, just like that.
    I haven't looked at the numbers, but by the eye it looks like certain players aren't simply making shots, they're much more confident than they were before. Champ has somehow realized he can shoot and make them, like he did at the end of last year. Vassel's game has gone up a notch. Keldon is shooting with more confidence. Most importantly, Malaki is shooting without thinking about it. He's hitting like 60% in the last ten. That will go down, but it shows a completely different feel for what he's doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn the warriors really do suck now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe it's Vassell and his chucking that's a problem

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, four 20 year old kids not named Wembanyama scored half the total points to beat Golden State on the road.

That's pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, four 20 year old kids not named Wembanyama scored half the total points to beat Golden State on the road.

That's pretty good.
    Therefore we must trade them immediately!! Or just cut them!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Caught up with the game since I wasn't able to watch last night, some good stuff.
    Need to see more of this on consistent basis.

Obviously Julian and Malaki hit their shots and we need more of that on consistent basis, but what impressed me more was how Blake looked way more composed with the ball and resembled an actual NBA point guard.
    Way better decision making on the fly, especially in transition.
    Hopefully he can have a similar trajectory to DJ, they both came in with defense as their best trait and non-existant jumpshot.

And yeah, Collins is probably the worst player on the roster at this point, which says something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs had to hit the floor cap for salary and the contract does that next year - Collins seemed like he was on his way last year, but this year has been a regression.

At least he is starting to look more healthy - hopefully next year will be better for him as the team looks to climb up the ladder.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fantastic team win . Everybody contributed.
    Warriors arnt the same but they still got some talent despite missing Curry. Spurs , no vassell , no Wemby. No problem.

Dom Barlow off the bench another stand.out performance.

Thread Information