Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thx Timvp!

My game time prediction was good B+ for Tre Jones lmao

Why tho???

He's supposed to be a PG but just ignores his franchise player most of the time

All he does is dribble dribble dribble and hustle. Thx but that's not what we're expecting from an NBA PG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nicely done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop was pathetic. It was the third quarter and Wemby/Vassell had barely even shot the ball. it's just another case of Pop letting them do whatever they want in the name of growth - only there's very little growth (from a team improvement aspect) happening. Pop is clearly on some kind of 4-5 year plan of contention (at the END of that window, to be clear) at this stage, I'd guess, and it sucks for everyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thx Timvp!

My game time prediction was good B+ for Tre Jones lmao

Why tho???

He's supposed to be a PG but just ignores his franchise player most of the time

All he does is dribble dribble dribble and hustle. Thx but that's not what we're expecting from an NBA PG
    Pathetic in the clutch.
    That dribble out for a 24 second violation was....i honestly thought he was throwing the game. Cannot see another logical explanation unless he just sucks that badly.
    Just prior to that on D he does some fake looking triple team, leaves his man 12 feet open for the trey.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pathetic in the clutch.
    That dribble out for a 24 second violation was....i honestly thought he was throwing the game. Cannot see another logical explanation unless he just sucks that badly.
    Just prior to that on D he does some fake looking triple team, leaves his man 12 feet open for the trey.
    I know the grades are related to expectations but if those are so low for Tre to get a B+ it confirms he has nothing to do as an NBA player

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I might be in denial, time will tell, but I still can’t believe Pop has become that bad, it has to be to avoid winning at this point.

But if I see Tre starting next season…

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pathetic in the clutch.
    In a season full of really ty plays, that might have been the worst of all. I’ve never seen anything like it. That was elementary school level basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree on the coaching by pop that night; it wasn't anything to write home about. and i could have gone for more wesley and less branham against the rockets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree on the coaching by pop that night; it wasn't anything to write home about. and i could have gone for more wesley and less branham against the rockets.
    Come on, Branham "turned a corner", man. Can't wait to see Pop pounds the rock and develop him into an HOF these next 3 years. Seeing him and Blake blossom right in front of our eyes is gonna be a thing of beauty. Wemby's gonna love every second of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pathetic in the clutch.

On that previous inbounds play, Smith was Champ’s man who he lost in the shuffle. Tre was correctly on VanVleet. That mess was caused by Champ.

Before the ball was inbounded, Champ was on Smith, Sochan on Green, Tre on VanVleet. When everybody started moving, Champ immediately lost Smith, so, when Green turned the corner right in front of him Champ took Green. Didn’t know what else to do, I guess. Sochan saw Champ take his man, and looked for who must be open. It obviously wasn’t a planned switch. Sochan stepped towards VanVleet first, then saw Tre on VanVleet. Sochan then looked around, wtf?? Who the heck did Champ leave unguarded? Well, it was Smith. Tre spotted that and ran towards Smith, too late.

There’s plenty to blame Tre for, on defense, but you can’t get him for that one.

The 24 second violation, oh man, that could be a signature lowlight for the whole stinkin’ season. Disgraceful, embarrassing. Choose a word.

It can’t be totally dumped on Tre, tho. He gets most of it, but there’s also the point that the Spurs don’t have an offense. They end up standing around, or running around at random. That’s on the coaching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The triple teams on Wemby were effective. Like everything else so far, I predict, he and the staff will figure that out.
    When's the last time a rookie saw triple teams in the NBA? That's a tough thing to sort out the first few times. He'll make teams pay eventually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The triple teams on Wemby were effective. Like everything else so far, I predict, he and the staff will figure that out.
    When's the last time a rookie saw triple teams in the NBA? That's a tough thing to sort out the first few times. He'll make teams pay eventually.
    when the surrounding cast has a few other players who can go off on a team when they decide to triple Wemby, that's when they'll think twice about using that strategy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just never happened in history.

because what the spurs are doing has never been done before contrary to what some in denial pretend. There are always a few veterans and talents that attracts opp team’s attention.

Not only Wemby is surrounded by immature, some low BBIQ kids, but the overall talent level is just bad.

That’s one of the reasons a lot of us don’t agree with THAT process with too many unnecessary handicaps.

Thread Information