View Poll Results: Who Should be the Spurs top Draft Choice?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex Sarr

9 10.23%
  • Reed Sheppard

8 9.09%
  • Zaccharie Risacher

27 30.68%
  • Nikola Topic

23 26.14%
  • Cody Williams

4 4.55%
  • Stephon Castle

2 2.27%
  • Rob Dillingham

9 10.23%
  • Matas Buzelis

4 4.55%
  • Ron Holland

2 2.27%
  • Ja'Kobe Walter or OTHER

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but who are the shooters in this draft without being a liability in defense?
    Sheppard has some defensive limitations but seems to make up for it through his effort and instincts on that end

Risacher supposedly is regularly tasked with defending the top options on opposing teams

im not that high on him, but Salaun is supposedly a compe ive/athletic defender who also has a promising 3 point shot

Devin Carter can shoot and play D

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Risacher, Buzelis, and Topic in that order. I’m having trouble accepting how below the rim Topic plays. Risacher shooting seems like one of our top needs. Buzelis looks great attacking the rim, not the shooter maybe he develops into a Sabonis type. Any of those players also available at 7, two of the three would be a nice haul for us.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but who are the shooters in this draft without being a liability in defense?
    The only realistic answer is probably Risacher who's decent at both.

Sheppard has less POA defense, Devin Carter has an ugly looking shot. Cam Spencer is really old but he fits the bill too.

I haven't watched any of these guys personally, but if you want to get into the weeds, may want to look into guys like Nique Clifford or Dylan Disu. Maybe Chad Baker-Mazara.

EDIT: Also Johnny Furphy is a good shooter and a passable defender
    Last edited by SpursBills; 03-19-2024 at 06:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imo theres reason for optimism that buzelis' shooting will come around, and he's already a solid defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of all the guys in this draft who can't shoot threes, Castle looks like the one most likely to be able to "fix" his shot(weird hitch in his motion). And if he does, he becomes an incredible two-way guy. This draft is so full of role players, might as well gamble on upside.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheppard has some defensive limitations but seems to make up for it through his effort and instincts on that end

Risacher supposedly is regularly tasked with defending the top options on opposing teams

im not that high on him, but Salaun is supposedly a compe ive/athletic defender who also has a promising 3 point shot

Devin Carter can shoot and play D
    Sheppard is really undersized for a SG and not athletic enough. If he could play PG full time, then I think that he would be my pick; his defense could be covered by Wemby. Risacher has some upside but I’m not sold. This is a difficult draft, I’m not expecting any of the draftees to be anything better than Branham or Wesley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheppard is really undersized for a SG and not athletic enough. If he could play PG full time, then I think that he would be my pick; his defense could be covered by Wemby. Risacher has some upside but I’m not sold. This is a difficult draft, I’m not expecting any of the draftees to be anything better than Branham or Wesley.
    i dont think you understand how poorly branham/wesley have played

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic should be the cleanest fit after Zacch. After that just swing away with a development guy.

Thread Information