Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SGA is a Canadian. He even played for canada last world cup.
    Now that you mention it, I knew that, but I completely blacked it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont know about doomed, but the door will definitely open for other countries. durant has been the easy button for the US team for the last 3 olympics. he dragged them at various points in 2021 when guys like lollard were ting the bed
    Yeah right.. thats why if lebron curry and durant retired from international games the US will struggle.

US cant count on lillard booker and tatum to lead team USA..lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, USA A Team is still scorching anyone. there were much more other talented teams in these past decades (Argentina, Spain, France, Yougoslavia)... the current teams are pretty mediocre, they're just more prepared but talent wise, there were much better euro teams in the past.

A Curry, Lebron, Durant, Tatum, Harden, Kawhi, Paul George, Butler, Devin Booker, Embiid, Chet, Adebayo, Brook Lopez (to name a few) US Team is destroying everybody. Nobody's beating that team.
    I don't see the US "destroying" everybody, tbh. Yeah, they would still be the heavy favourites, but the years of stomping everybody by 30+ points are long gone, tbh.

I would be highly surprised if the US don't have a couple of close games, even a loss, in these upcoming Olympics, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah right.. thats why if lebron curry and durant retired from international games the US will struggle.

US cant count on lillard booker and tatum to kead team USA..lol
    he's no durant, but i think Tatum is a pretty good replacement for that role, and he was the best US player other than KD last olympics and was consistent. he also just turned 26

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i still think the gap is massive, but depends on final rosters. if embiid plays its a huge difference maker and probably gives them a near guarantee imho. he would murder euro style of play in the interior
    Is that why we didn’t even Medal in the WC?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's no durant, but i think Tatum is a pretty good replacement for that role, and he was the best US player other than KD last olympics and was consistent. he also just turned 26

I dont think he can carry team USA like durant did.. thats why i think they naturalized embid so that they have a solid player for team USA in the future..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think he can carry team USA like durant did.. thats why i think they naturalized embid so that they have a solid player for team USA in the future..
    yeah he's not durant. durant has been a "win now" button for the US international team. the 2021 games were pretty hilarious. US would suck and pop would just let durant go score and thats how the US would pull away

they cant go with half-assed rosters without KD. the young crop is fine but not the heyday of lebron/wade/kd, etc. haliburton, holmgren, edwards, paulo, bane, jjj... nice players. but they need to load up and not send crap like keldon johnson and javale mcgee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that why we didn’t even Medal in the WC?
    WC team was select team level tbh. its like 2004 when a lot of the best players opted out or bailed on the team after dominating the qualifiers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron hasn’t played USMNT basketball since 2012. Not sure why people think this will be his last one, since that already happened a long time ago. Curry has never played for USA in an Olympics. He withdrew from the 2020 team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WC team was select team level tbh.
    Ant Edwards, Brunson, and Haliburton will likely be named All NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ant Edwards will shortly be named All NBA.
    2004 team had duncan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2004 team had duncan
    Which led to the reboot Redeem Team in 2008. They recognized a problem then, and there’s one now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which led to the reboot Redeem Team in 2008. They recognized a problem then, and there’s one now.
    the problem then was not that the US lacked quality players, its that players didnt give a and opted out.

which is the same thing that happened in the world cup, and has the same result of the big stars coming back

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Charania and Harper, the current U.S. Olympic team is comprised of 7 locks: James, Durant, Embiid, Curry, Tatum, Booker, Holiday.

Merit and need would seem to make Davis a logical eighth.

With Morant's and Williamson's recent off court transgressions and the fact that the current best five and next one are all foreign, Edwards is a logical ninth as he's the current desperate attempt to force a new captain America with James, Curry and Durant in their twilight.

I'm guessing Haliburton, Bridges and Holmgren fill out the team, with Brunson, Brown and Adebayo the toughest omissions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Charania and Harper, the current U.S. Olympic team is comprised of 7 locks: James, Durant, Embiid, Curry, Tatum, Booker, Holiday.

Merit and need would seem to make Davis a logical eighth.

With Morant's and Williamson's recent off court transgressions and the fact that the current best five and next one are all foreign, Edwards is a lock as he's the current desperate attempt to force a new captain America with James, Curry and Durant in their twilight.

I'm guessing Haliburton, Bridges and Holmgren fill out the team, with Brunson, Brown and Adebayo the toughest omissions.
    spurstalk still thinks anthony edwards is gerald green or somethin

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurstalk still thinks anthony edwards is gerald green or somethin
    Edwards is a low IQ, top 20ish player who's been getting the agenda driven push since last summer for the reason I stated.

He's an easy sell to casuals with a gregarious personality, freakish athleticism and playing a traditional glamor position.

Too bad the truth is his team has mostly won on the strength of their defense, which is led by Gobert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edwards is a low IQ, top 20ish player who's been getting the agenda driven push since last summer for the reason I stated.

He's an easy sell to casuals with a gregarious personality, freakish athleticism and playing a traditional glamor position.

Too bad the truth is his team has mostly won on the strength of their defense, which is led by Gobert.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First Echeverri, now Mastantuono. Let us enjoy our kids a bit longer
    1- City are the worst. They robbed you. At least they just extended their new gem with a 50M exit clause. Imo he’ll leave at 18yo

2- don’t get me started (already off topic ^^) I wish South American teams could keep their youngsters longer! Everybody would win, local leagues level would raise so overall players’s who often leave before finishing their development.
    European clubs would get more talent ready players like it was in the 90’

Football overall talent has never been as low as today. Just athletes now

3- the kid would be great in Paris (my team is PSG). We know how to take care of our Argentinians!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1- City are the worst. They robbed you. At least they just extended their new gem with a 50M exit clause. Imo he’ll leave at 18yo

2- don’t get me started (already off topic ^^) I wish South American teams could keep their youngsters longer! Everybody would win, local leagues level would raise so overall players’s who often leave before finishing their development.
    European clubs would get more talent ready players like it was in the 90’

Football overall talent has never been as low as today. Just athletes now

3- the kid would be great in Paris (my team is PSG). We know how to take care of our Argentinians!
    Except Messi, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What would that be, bro? He isn't lightskin nor his personality conforms to the white audience, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not picking a side as to Edwards superstar or not, but that dunk that got all the hype a few days ago.

Offensive farking foul. Asshat pokes Collins in the eye on the way up. Totally not cool. Gaymond Green level b.s. Should have been a flagrant.

Instead ESPN etc ing big time, over promoting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except Messi, tbh.
    That was on him tbh

From the get go it was a business decision on both sides but Messi was the 1st to break it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the problem then was not that the US lacked quality players, its that players didnt give a and opted out.

which is the same thing that happened in the world cup, and has the same result of the big stars coming back

Who are rhe best players for US Durant lebron and curry? Theyvar all old..lmao.. US best players are 35 years old and up.... it means they cant rely on young american players.. lmao..why they dont rely on tatum booker lillard morant kawhi?lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron hasn’t played USMNT basketball since 2012. Not sure why people think this will be his last one, since that already happened a long time ago. Curry has never played for USA in an Olympics. He withdrew from the 2020 team.
    Because young american players are in international games..thats wht they invite a 39 year old lebron to lead them to gold..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because young american players are in international games..thats wht they invite a 39 year old lebron to lead them to gold..
    What part of ‘He’s said no the past two times’ are you not understanding? LeBron is not walking through that door.

Thread Information