Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol beating suns without him
    lol according to spurs fans this is an 0-82 team that cant even compete among d2 colleges

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol beating suns without him
    lol according to spurs fans this is an 0-82 team that cant even compete among d2 colleges
    The sample size is much too small to come to a conclusion. Let's see what happens after say 2 or 3 more games. Then we can start talking about maybe not really needing Wemby to win a championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sample size is much too small to come to a conclusion. Let's see what happens after say 2 or 3 more games. Then we can start talking about maybe not really needing Wemby to win a championship.
    not what i said

but the supporting cast isnt quite as bad as spurfan make it out to be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are a whooping 2 and 7 without Wembanyama in the lineup.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are a whooping 2 and 7 without Wembanyama in the lineup.
    you realize thats the exact same winning percentage as they have with him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    winning 22% of games with wemby

also winning 22% of games without wemby

wemby officially a non-factor

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question I’ve been asking is why aren’t the Spurs better with Wemby and its integration and efficiency. The sum of the parts aren’t quite adding up yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns
    1-3 against this crappy spurs team
    Durbeta

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Just what the forum needs, yet another try hard.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dump wemby and start Sochan at center! This guy’s a genius

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question I’ve been asking is why aren’t the Spurs better with Wemby and its integration and efficiency. The sum of the parts aren’t quite adding up yet.
    But they are, by a laughable distance. Wemby's on/off splits are almost comical.

I don't know how many of these stats still hold true but I saw them not too long ago:

-After becoming the full time center, the Spurs have the 3rd best defense in the league with Wemby on the floor (I think the rating was around 114 pts) and the worst defense, not only in the league, but in the entire history of the NBA without him (around 124 pts).

-The lineup of Tre Jones, Vassell, Keldon, Sochan and Wemby has the 5th best net rating in the entire NBA.

-Wemby is 8th in the entire NBA in player estimate impact. He's amongst the likes of Jokic, Doncic, SGA, Giannis and Lebron James while playing on a 16 and 56 team.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/advanced-leaders

This whole notion that the Spurs aren't better with Wemby is simply not true. You asked for in-depth analysis, here you have it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they are, by a laughable distance. Wemby's on/off splits are almost comical.

I don't know how many of these stats still hold true but I saw them not too long ago:

-After becoming the full time center, the Spurs have the 3rd best defense in the league with Wemby on the floor (I think the rating was around 114 pts) and the worst defense, not only in the league, but in the entire history of the NBA without him (around 124 pts).

-The lineup of Tre Jones, Vassell, Keldon, Sochan and Wemby has the 5th best net rating in the entire NBA.

-Wemby is 8th in the entire NBA in player estimate impact. He's amongst the likes of Jokic, Doncic, SGA, Giannis and Lebron James while playing on a 16 and 56 team.

This whole notion that the Spurs aren't better with Wemby is simply not true. You asked for in-depth analysis, here you have it.
    yet the most important stat is

.222 win % with him

.222 win % without him

rofl

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Much better I knew you had it in you! The key to getting better as a team is figuring out why everyone can’t get clicking at once.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize opposing teams mail it in against the Spurs when Wemby is not playing. Bradley Beal admitted as much.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not what i said

but the supporting cast isnt quite as bad as spurfan make it out to be
    They're pretty awful. The defensive rating was 125.5 in the 8 games he missed before this one. The Spurs set the alltime worst defensive rating record last year at 120.0 to put in context how bad that 125.5 rating was. The Suns just played down to compe ion in a trap game and the Spurs didn't beat themselves tonight. It's a fair criticism to cite Wemby's turnovers as something that kills the Spurs some nights but watching a full season of this team things usually go to the second he comes off the floor, mostly because the defense is historically bad from the rest of the roster. As much as Wemby scares people off from putting up shots when he's around, Collins and Sochan typically invite it at the rim.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

.222 win % with him

.222 win % without him

rofl

You don’t understand stats nor the difference between correlation and causation.

Nice troll job tho ^^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    u must've been salivating to post this low hanging fruit before another troll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, a lot of guys step up when it's not a one man show...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are not so bad, eh?

No...they are that bad. They are horrible.

They can win a game every now and then...doesn't mean they aren't as bad as they are. They are.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

.222 win % with him

.222 win % without him

rofl
    That's actually the least important stat this season... but whatever..

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're pretty awful. The defensive rating was 125.5 in the 8 games he missed before this one. The Spurs set the alltime worst defensive rating record last year at 120.0 to put in context how bad that 125.5 rating was. The Suns just played down to compe ion in a trap game and the Spurs didn't beat themselves tonight. It's a fair criticism to cite Wemby's turnovers as something that kills the Spurs some nights but watching a full season of this team things usually go to the second he comes off the floor, mostly because the defense is historically bad from the rest of the roster. As much as Wemby scares people off from putting up shots when he's around, Collins and Sochan typically invite it at the rim.
    This has to stop. Last year's Spurs had the worst defensive rating in history by absolute numbers, but the entire league has made big strides in offensive efficiency in the last decade or so.

Relative to league average, last year's Spurs defense wasn't even the worst in the last decade let alone the worst in NBA history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh…reasonable try OP. I give it a C-. Could have been better. It’s like Tre Jones running the point and getting 8pts, 4 assists and 2 turnovers. It was ok. Pat yourself on the back for competing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    84 posts since 2008 and somehow you still post entirely too often.

Thread Information