My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Season / Losses

87-88 51
    88-89 61
    = 110 Ls

22-23 60
    23-24 56 currently with 10 games to play.
    = 106 Ls

What are the odds the Spurs will lose at least 5 of the final 10 games?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Positive thought.

Spurs can only get better from here.
    Right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I think one of the important factors to enhance that development is winning. So winning is as important this year as learning last year. So, they've got to continue to learn. But, adding more wins, I think, is appropriate, mandatory and helpful."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On tanking:

There’s a lot to unpack there. Part if it is, it’s just not who we are. It’s not who I am. I can’t operate like that. Which might not be the most intelligent overall philosophy to have, and I get that. But we are who we are. We’re going to go ahead and complete.
    “I think the young players gain a real understanding of a philosophically moral space where it’s the right thing to do, to continue to compete. Frankly, I don’t know how I would go to my team and say, ‘Ok guys, we’re not going to complete the way we should,’ or how you’d get that across, or with a wink and a nod. I think you do the players a disservice if they’re not able to go out and perform at the best of their ability.
    “I think the lessons to be learned are very important as their careers advance. You hope that in the long run, that value they game from that will help them compete at an even higher level later. I understand the opposite, I just can’t do it.

-Gregg Popplevich April 2022

Link
    Gregg Popovich on why the Spurs were never planning on tanking - Pounding The Rock

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will lost at least 7 of the last 10 games tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Season / Losses

87-88 51
    88-89 61
    = 110 Ls

22-23 60
    = 106 Ls

100%

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Season / Losses

87-88 51
    88-89 61
    = 110 Ls

22-23 60
    = 106 Ls

51+61=112

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On tanking:

There’s a lot to unpack there. Part if it is, it’s just not who we are. It’s not who I am. I can’t operate like that. Which might not be the most intelligent overall philosophy to have, and I get that. But we are who we are. We’re going to go ahead and complete.
    “I think the young players gain a real understanding of a philosophically moral space where it’s the right thing to do, to continue to compete. Frankly, I don’t know how I would go to my team and say, ‘Ok guys, we’re not going to complete the way we should,’ or how you’d get that across, or with a wink and a nod. I think you do the players a disservice if they’re not able to go out and perform at the best of their ability.
    “I think the lessons to be learned are very important as their careers advance. You hope that in the long run, that value they game from that will help them compete at an even higher level later. I understand the opposite, I just can’t do it.

-Gregg Popplevich April 2022

Link
    Gregg Popovich on why the Spurs were never planning on tanking - Pounding The Rock
    Silver warned teams not to tank. What the did you expect him to say? Silver, we’re tanking? Besides, he was intel. Those guys are creative liars.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    60 +56 = 116

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fairly high.
    What would i do without you guys?

Jeepers the current Spurs have already smashed the record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fairly high.
    What would i do without you guys?

Jeepers the current Spurs have already smashed the record.
    Maths are hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any social media platform?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whole thread was a failure

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    "I think one of the important factors to enhance that development is winning. So winning is as important this year as learning last year. So, they've got to continue to learn. But, adding more wins, I think, is appropriate, mandatory and helpful."
    "I didn't say winning what. Winning at checkers for example"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver warned teams not to tank. What the did you expect him to say? Silver, we’re tanking? Besides, he was intel. Those guys are creative liars.
    C'mon bro, you can't be this big of a sniffer.

That was a real belief of Pop at the moment, and it was the right belief. This team needed to win more than they did. He just completely mismanaged the start of the season with moves he thought were good but clearly weren't and everything went down hill from there.

As young and lacking in talent as this roster is, they could have had about 10 more wins if Pop would have done a good job.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Having Victor changed the plans I think. No one knew what the dynamic would be, now we do. It's not good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon bro, you can't be this big of a sniffer.

That was a real belief of Pop at the moment, and it was the right belief. This team needed to win more than they did. He just completely mismanaged the start of the season with moves he thought were good but clearly weren't and everything went down hill from there.

As young and lacking in talent as this roster is, they could have had about 10 more wins if Pop would have done a good job.
    Tha quote was from April of 2022. Wemby has been on the Spurs radar since he was 13. You’re ing delusional if you don’t think they were in the tank from day 1 for Victor. Pop was lying his ass off for cover from the league for their wildly successful tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tha quote was from April of 2022. Wemby has been on the Spurs radar since he was 13. You’re ing delusional if you don’t think they were in the tank from day 1 for Victor. Pop was lying his ass off for cover from the league for their wildly successful tank.
    I'm pretty sure that quote is from this year, if not, he said something exactly like that at the begining of this season. What I said clearly refers to this season, last season was an obvious tank job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure that quote is from this year, if not, he said something exactly like that at the begining of this season. What I said clearly refers to this season, last season was an obvious tank job.
    The exact quote is from April 2022. But you are correct, he said something very similar at the start of this season. I don't have that exact link.
    He went on to say that while last season was about *development or some other buzzword, this season with Wemby would be about winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The exact quote is from April 2022. But you are correct, he said something very similar at the start of this season. I don't have that exact link.
    He went on to say that while last season was about *development or some other buzzword, this season with Wemby would be about winning.
    I posted the exact quote from this year in the 3rd post of this thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the quote at the beginning of this year?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wait S.P.A.M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the quote at the beginning of this year?
    Did you expect him to lie last year, but not this year?

“Uh, yes folks, we’re in the tank again this year. Buy tickets anyway”.

Thread Information