Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can do both, focus on draft and make a decent sized move. I honestly have a feeling of a DDR reunion.
    DDR would kill the spacing and he is only serviceable with the ball in his hands... He loses everywhere he goes because of that... This isn't 2k

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tanking for years sure helped the 6ers... How many of their drafted players do they still have?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheap ownership, a coach with no accountability and Wright doing our drafting....we're golden.

Post Count
    Trading for Trae in the middle of the season is cheaper than in the summer.

I’M A DAMN SPUR!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say it's a fair prediction just from a money standpoint. It will piss off a lot of people (again) but this could be another year of spending just enough to maximize profits for the owners before they enter a spending cycle.
    Does this preclude them from improving to 30 wins (+8 or 9?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And POP is right in the thick of it. His influence over the league through all his assistants has helped genize the entire league. And POP has become the definition of Woke. "Some guys didn't want to hear the history of Africa, they just wanted to play basketball." - Lamarcus Aldridge.
    It's so ing funny and appropriate that the guy saying this is a career loser with no rings to show for his playing days.

Maybe he should've been more open-minded to get it. Just like you.

Ford is the Best in Texas scottspurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Brian Windfart doesn’t know what the Spurs are going to do this off-season

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheap ownership, a coach with no accountability and Wright doing our drafting....we're golden.
    lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So

Wemby/Collins
    Sochan/
    Vassel/Keldon
    Branham
    Tre/Wesley

1-2 FRP

So 9-10 players

We need to fill the remaining roster slots with actual NBA rotation level contributors.

That's basically this years team. How'd that work out? You think they'll all of sudden get it together and be better? Or, you saying that's gonna be the team again, whether we like it or not?

Because that team...has flat out sucked. They, as a team, are horrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve listened to that fatass since he started that podcast- he doesnt know .

the next shoe to drop will be the lottery on May 12, lets see what pick(s) they have and then they can put together a plan.

this is all mental masturbation until then

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's so ing funny and appropriate that the guy saying this is a career loser with no rings to show for his playing days.
    LA was talking about Kawhi in that quote

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell you what, its going to be hard this offseason figuring out who isnt worthy of coming back next year. Yeah, the record sucks but these guys are so young. I damn sure would bring Mamu back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Addition by subtraction. Sochan, Johnson, Collins and Branham need to be gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR would kill the spacing and he is only serviceable with the ball in his hands... He loses everywhere he goes because of that... This isn't 2k
    I don’t think DDR will be brought back lol but you can’t kill spacing with a team that already has no spacing, this team has no spacing at least DDR is a threat to score

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's basically this years team. How'd that work out? You think they'll all of sudden get it together and be better? Or, you saying that's gonna be the team again, whether we like it or not?

Because that team...has flat out sucked. They, as a team, are horrible.
    its literally replacing half the roster slots and the worst half at that. Anyone hoping for something more than that is just fooling themselves. If we replace the bottom of this team with 4-5 actual rotation level NBA players then this team will be substantially better next year.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this preclude them from improving to 30 wins (+8 or 9?)
    Not at all; I just don't think that kind of improvement will come from spending a lot of money next season.
    Last edited by ChumpDumper; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:28 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its literally replacing half the roster slots and the worst half at that. Anyone hoping for something more than that is just fooling themselves. If we replace the bottom of this team with 4-5 actual rotation level NBA players then this team will be substantially better next year.
    It's not replacing the worst of the team...which are the starters. The Starters, sans Wemby...are responsible for this horrible record. And you're not replacing them.

What is it that Einstein said? "Insanity is doing the same thing, but expecting different results."

Replacing the non-starters but keeping most of the starters...is basically doing the same thing but expecting different results. The Bench is not our worst problem. In fact, I've been more happy with them than the starters as of late.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope this is all a smoke screen. Spurs will quickly have more firsts than they can realistically need. Go get Trae Young and make a run at Lauri too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope this is all a smoke screen. Spurs will quickly have more firsts than they can realistically need. Go get Trae Young and make a run at Lauri too.
    Nah, I’ll roll with the FRPs.

There is a possible scenario where they have two quality FRPs in each of the next 3 drafts, and then a lotto pick for each of the 3 after that.

2024: SAS & TOR picks
    2025: SAS & ATL picks
    2026: Best of SAS/ATL & CHI pick
    2027: SAS & ATL pick (SAS will to be good tho)
    2028: Best of SAS/BOS
    2029: Best of SAS/DAL

As good as Wemby is now, he is not a final product, but after those 3 drafts? He’ll be entering the beginning of his true prime, as scary a thought that is for the rest of the league. I’ll take as many draft chances to find quality around him, while replenishing having enough to replenish the ranks (either with those picks or cycling through prospects to get most assets for later ala DJ, White, Keldon, etc.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, I’ll roll with the FRPs.

There is a possible scenario where they have two quality FRPs in each of the next 3 drafts, and then a lotto pick for each of the 3 after that.

2024: SAS & TOR picks
    2025: SAS & ATL picks
    2026: Best of SAS/ATL & CHI pick
    2027: SAS & ATL pick (SAS will to be good tho)
    2028: Best of SAS/BOS
    2030: Best of SAS/DAL

As good as Wemby is now, he is not a final product, but after those 3 drafts? He’ll be entering the beginning of his true prime, as scary a thought that is for the rest of the league. I’ll take as many draft chances to find quality around him, while replenishing having enough to replenish the ranks (either with those picks or cycling through prospects to get most assets for later ala DJ, White, Keldon, etc.)
    One correction…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You replace the bottom of your roster with as good or better players as the top. That’s the general principle. Everyone has been a good Spur and we should not be happy to see them go. Wemby will want most his teammates back and that is the most important thing nobody seems to focus on. I’m not worried about who stays or goes, just looking to enjoy the ride and pull for the carryovers and new additions to the supporting cast. We have been blessed and we know where this is headed. I want to win now but I’ll take it when it comes and know it’s inevitable either way. We already showed Wemby and my daughter’s 4th grade church team can beat the top teams in the West on a good night. We got this!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winning franchises swing for the fences like the Yankees and Lakers,,,,you may not win it all the time but you take the chance. Spurs arent that type of franchise,,,,Wemby will be gone when his rookie contract is up. He has already said he wants to win now,,,,and his 1st season was wasted,,,,3 more to go on the contract and Spurs management on the clock. Kiss the phenom goodbye if they dont at least make the playoffs next year,,,,he'll just bide his time for the last two years of his contract. He wont be a Mike Trout and re-sign with a losing organization for a record contract,,,,no chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Should stay calm till summer. Indication „no move” is foolish.
    wait for end of RS/PI or PO and see who is going nuclear

pretty simple. Use assets for being first in the raid for two stars.
    Who knows?
    Golden? Hax? Cavs? Kings will be great partners. More deal with Raps? Bucks with Doc’s fiasco?

or make a deal with Hax Picks for Trae and forward and sending them in 3 way deal somewhere else.

Fox or Sabonis wants out. No problem. Shuffle with kings
    other team? Great.

go for Trae anyway. As a pit stop or new co-leader.
    Last edited by Ignazzz; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:25 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

spurstalk: „He‘s just making things up“

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Prayingdog.jpeg

Thread Information