Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tre jones is average passing poor shooting pg.Wemby deserves a better pg then him.Getting a better pg will help wemby so much.At least a pg
    who can shoot.I expect wemby to get doubled team in the future,Gonna need a pg who can shoot and move off the ball to help wemby out
    when wemby does get doubled team.
    agreed about the fact that the spurs needs to improve the pg postion but like i said that's not the debate, tre jones will stay as a back up unless he's traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said way back in the season that they should start Mamu at PF. To me he‘s a better back up than Cedi. Tre Jones would be one of the best back up PGs in the league. We just need a better starter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cedi and Mamu are high IQ players; they both have a place here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said way back in the season that they should start Mamu at PF. To me he‘s a better back up than Cedi. Tre Jones would be one of the best back up PGs in the league. We just need a better starter.
    yea of sum of us were calling for mamu to get more playing time earlier...How did the coaching staff not see the potential.
    Yet some of us fans did.Crazy that only mamu only got play time cause sochan and barlow got injured late in the seasn.
    Maybe coaching change may be needed,Cause i thought granham was the best pg on this team,Yet never got a chance.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're clearly smart enough to understand sarcasm!
    That wasn't sarcasm. You were just telling the truth.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wasn't sarcasm. You were just telling the truth.
    I'll put it in blue just for you next time

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love Tre, i think his ability to adapt to the different role Wemby plays in a game is unmatched in this roster, he goes from corner wing to roll man to pnr ballhandler. He is like a smaller bruce brown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that Pop sat Mamu for 90% of the year knowing damn well he was capable of earning minutes means he's has no use for him and he's gone.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that Pop sat Mamu for 90% of the year knowing damn well he was capable of earning minutes means he's has no use for him and he's gone.
    yup,Mamu didnt deserve this treatment.And only got sum playing time cause sochan and barlow got hurt last few weeks.
    Hope mamu gets a decent pay upgrade and commitment to at least get a fair chance to prove himself whether its with us or
    another team.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Spurs should try to accomplish the following this offseason.

Cut the bottom four players on the team to make room for fresh blood: Barlow, Graham, Bassey and Wesley.

Bring in at least two new rookie prospects.

Shift two starters to bench roles: Tre & Champagnie. Bring in two superior vet starters through free agency or trade to replace them.

Try to trade two backups and replace with upgrades: Collins and Branham. Free agents Hartenstein and Malik Monk would be excellent upgrades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no problems with Mamu and Tre, but both are also easily replaceable. No one should “stay” other than Wemby unless we lose out on better options.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no problems with Mamu and Tre, but both are also easily replaceable. No one should “stay” other than Wemby unless we lose out on better options.
    im not sure about that.Our scouting and coaching staff couldnt even put a decent roster around wemby.
    Replacing tre would be easier,But not sure any decent fa pgs out there this offseason.And mamu can be
    what porter and gordon is to jokic.Smart role players that make it easier for their star players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love Tre, i think his ability to adapt to the different role Wemby plays in a game is unmatched in this roster, he goes from corner wing to roll man to pnr ballhandler. He is like a smaller bruce brown.
    He can't do a simple pick and roll, struggles to pass to Victor (got worse at it through out the season!) and is a liability on defense against elite guards.

He's an overachiever and deserves ton of respect, but he's not an NBA starting PG

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should try to accomplish the following this offseason.

Cut the bottom four players on the team to make room for fresh blood: Barlow, Graham, Bassey and Wesley.

Bring in at least two new rookie prospects.

Shift two starters to bench roles: Tre & Champagnie. Bring in two superior vet starters through free agency or trade to replace them.

Try to trade two backups and replace with upgrades: Collins and Branham. Free agents Hartenstein and Malik Monk would be excellent upgrades.
    I agree

PG, SF and back up defensive big are the 3 priorities this summer to me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hartenstein and Malik Monk both will command a decent pay day. Both play a position where our best players play, SG and C.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hartenstein and Malik Monk both will command a decent pay day. Both play a position where our best players play, SG and C.
    I should have taken away the last line

I was agreing on the starting positions (PG and SF) that need change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im beginning to really like Mamu, which means we’re going to trade him for like a late 2nd round pick and a player who we will waive immediately. Never seems to fail with this front office.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't do a simple pick and roll, struggles to pass to Victor (got worse at it through out the season!) and is a liability on defense against elite guards.

He's an overachiever and deserves ton of respect, but he's not an NBA starting PG
    Tre Jones has the highest number of passes to Wemby for the entire year at 10.8

Broken down by months:
    Oct / Nov - 4.6
    Dec - 7.8
    Jan - 12.5
    Feb - 15.6
    Mar - 15.5
    Apr - 18.4

For comparison's sake, Giannis gets 16.6 passes from Damian Lillard (his highest number of passes received from a teammate) throughout the year.
    Embiid got 21.7 from Maxey
    Jokic 15.2 from Murray (Murray actually received more passes from Jokic at 18.2)

Clearly the number of passes improved over the year (due to more minutes), and to say Tre cannot pass to Wemby is absurd. The only way to consistently say that over and over again is either a lack of understanding of how the game is played, or you are essentially relying on twitter/X clips and highlights for your assessments.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre Jones has the highest number of passes to Wemby for the entire year at 10.8

Broken down by months:
    Oct / Nov - 4.6
    Dec - 7.8
    Jan - 12.5
    Feb - 15.6
    Mar - 15.5
    Apr - 18.4

For comparison's sake, Giannis gets 16.6 passes from Damian Lillard (his highest number of passes received from a teammate) throughout the year.
    Embiid got 21.7 from Maxey
    Jokic 15.2 from Murray (Murray actually received more passes from Jokic at 18.2)

Clearly the number of passes improved over the year (due to more minutes), and to say Tre cannot pass to Wemby is absurd. The only way to consistently say that over and over again is either a lack of understanding of how the game is played, or you are essentially relying on twitter/X clips and highlights for your assessments.
    If you really wanna play the Don Quichote learn to differenciate passes on the perimeter and passes inside the paint that leads to an easy(ier) bucket.

You really are a contrarian ready to fight the obvious

Edit

I've watched evey games except for the last one at okc, Tre deserves credit for imo overachieving, he's giving his best all the time and had been reliable in that aspect, he's clearly mature and high enough IQ to know what he can and can't do. I'm not hating on the dude nor am I relying on Twitter cliches

We's seen more reverse Pick and roll with Victor being the passer and Tre the receipient than the other way around. It's an issue no?

Nowadays they give an assist even if you just give the ball top of the key and the receipient does all the job to get the bucket, so you have to look further than the raw stats. I'm assuming you've watched the games as well, Tre struggles with lobs and never created any chemistry with Vitor. He did what he could pretty well, kept eveybody involved, gritty on D etc but hasn't shown any sign of a potential starter bc of his limitations on offense and the fact that any elite PG just ran on him this season.

Vassell is the closest to have at least worked on building that chenistry and his assist ratio to Victor was higher than Tre's after the ASG
    Last edited by Pauleta14; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:51 AM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mamu is a great bench guy. Still improving. I don't think I'm overrating him. Indirectly, his praise, for me, is more of a disatisfaction that KJ and Devin are in too large a role for their abilities. I think Devin is overpaid, and his contract gives him the license and expectation to play on the ball a lot, and he's sort of a ball stopper. So while he's not a bad player in a vacuum, he's actually made huge progress, but Pop and Brian (see what I did there, TD21) gave him too large a role that he hasn't earned.

And so for a team that loves to go slow, it's hilarious they put Devin in a role with so much freedom too quickly.

So I would include Keldon and Devin in trade considerations. Devin can't be our number two option. May not number three either.

Unfortunately, we will have to hope for more internal development, but I don't see any players other than VW, obviously, who deserve to be on ball frequently.

This is a tough situation that can be fixed with the draft assets, but our own draft picks as assets in potential trades will get worse as the team gradually improves, which suggests making moves before our assets worsen.

Anyway. Totally rambling here, but there are so many confusing scenarios when thinking of the next season while recognizing the FO's history of how they make decisions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you really wanna play the Don Quichote learn to differenciate passes on the perimeter and passes inside the paint that leads to an easy(ier) bucket.

You really are a contrarian ready to fight the obvious
    Read your own posts.

Also, Tre Jones is 76.6th %tile as a pick and roll ball handler (not great), and 96.6th %tile as the roll man on VERY low frequency. While he's not great as a ball-handler, he's top quartile.

Edit

I've watched evey games except for the last one at okc, Tre deserves credit for imo overachieving, he's giving his best all the time and had been reliable in that aspect, he's clearly mature and high enough IQ to know what he can and can't do. I'm not hating on the dude nor am I relying on Twitter cliches

We's seen more reverse Pick and roll with Victor being the passer and Tre the receipient than the other way around. It's an issue no?

Nowadays they give an assist even if you just give the ball top of the key and the receipient does all the job to get the bucket, so you have to look further than the raw stats. I'm assuming you've watched the games as well, Tre struggles with lobs and never created any chemistry with Vitor. He did what he could pretty well, kept eveybody involved, gritty on D etc but hasn't shown any sign of a potential starter bc of his limitations on offense and the fact that any elite PG just ran on him this season.

Vassell is the closest to have at least worked on building that chenistry and his assist ratio to Victor was higher than Tre's after the ASG
    Just because Vassell improved doesn't mean Tre regressed. Tre is a hard worker with limited physical gifts (NBA-wise) but he has clearly improved the floor of the Spurs and can be a valuable contributor to Wemby. Wemby as a passer to Tre is totally fine. As written earlier, Jamal Murray actually received more passes from Jokic than the other way around. I have no problems having Wemby as the hub of the Spurs offence ala Jokic. I am not sure if Wemby would be as good a passer as Jokic will be, but he clearly has the intelligence and will to do so. The Tre to Wemby two man game has been relatively successful, and teams are trying to shut it down, but Tre still manages to work well with Wemby throughout the year and the results and stats show that. The only thing that doesn't show that are twitter videos trying to get click baits.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read your own posts.

Also, Tre Jones is 76.6th %tile as a pick and roll ball handler (not great), and 96.6th %tile as the roll man on VERY low frequency. While he's not great as a ball-handler, he's top quartile.

Just because Vassell improved doesn't mean Tre regressed. Tre is a hard worker with limited physical gifts (NBA-wise) but he has clearly improved the floor of the Spurs and can be a valuable contributor to Wemby. Wemby as a passer to Tre is totally fine. As written earlier, Jamal Murray actually received more passes from Jokic than the other way around. I have no problems having Wemby as the hub of the Spurs offence ala Jokic. I am not sure if Wemby would be as good a passer as Jokic will be, but he clearly has the intelligence and will to do so. The Tre to Wemby two man game has been relatively successful, and teams are trying to shut it down, but Tre still manages to work well with Wemby throughout the year and the results and stats show that. The only thing that doesn't show that are twitter videos trying to get click baits.
    You can make it even bigger or add some colours if it pleases you, it won't change the fact Tre has struggled to build a chemistry with Victor AND his assist ratio got worse (I've been following those stats closely, Vassell who was far behind Tre almost cought him before his injury bc he worked on it)

There has never been a "Tre Wemby two man game" . There has been a staggering number of missed opportunities

We can't change the whole roster anyway and Tre is far from the main issue as long as he occupies his real role which is back up PG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can make it even bigger or add some colours if it pleases you, it won't change the fact Tre has struggled to build a chemistry with Victor AND his assist ratio got worse (I've been following those stats closely, Vassell who was far behind Tre almost cought him before his injury bc he worked on it)

There has never been a "Tre Wemby two man game" . There has been a staggering number of missed opportunities

We can't change the whole roster anyway and Tre is far from the main issue as long as he occupies his real role which is back up PG
    What's your back up? You said he struggled to pass to Wemby, I have shown that he hasn't. You moved the goalpost to pick and roll, I showed that Tre's pick and roll game is at the very least decent, and now you are moving the goalpost to assist ratio?

You either back your up or shut up. Continuously moving your goal posts and throwing out random "building a chemistry" is just cowardly.

There was no Tre-Wemby two man game even though Tre had by far the most passes from and to Wemby throughout the season, and those numbers increased significantly since the all star break.

Tre Jones and Wemby have the highest two man combination on the Spurs with a +5.1/100 possessions. With the team having a +5.1 assists compared to the opponents during that time. Of the top 5 2-man combinations on the Spurs, Tre Jones is in four of the five.

Not saying that this it the best the Spurs can do, but Tre Jones and Wemby does play decently well together. I believe there are way better options out there, just not sure if those players are available. I would love to have Jrue Holiday on the team, or Paul George, but that is unlikely to happen, but to throw random assertions about Tre over and over again, with no backup, is lazy. And to double down when proven wrong, then continue to move goalpost just reeks of a lack of integrity.

EDIT:
    Staggering number of missed opportunities? Tre averages 12.1 potential assists per game vs. 6.1 delivered. compared to 6.4/3.9 for Wemby. Compared to, say Chris Paul, who has 13/6.8, or Trae Jones at 18.6/10.1. The ratios are ridiculously far off.

Tyrese Haliburton is at 17.8/10.9
    Luka 16.9/9.3

A ratio of about 2:1 is on the low end, but not outside of the norm, and comparable to players like Chris Paul Devin Booker, Tyrese Maxey, and DJM.
    Last edited by ambchang; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:39 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your back up? You said he struggled to pass to Wemby, I have shown that he hasn't. You moved the goalpost to pick and roll, I showed that Tre's pick and roll game is at the very least decent, and now you are moving the goalpost to assist ratio?

You either back your up or shut up. Continuously moving your goal posts and throwing out random "building a chemistry" is just cowardly.

There was no Tre-Wemby two man game even though Tre had by far the most passes from and to Wemby throughout the season, and those numbers increased significantly since the all star break.

Tre Jones and Wemby have the highest two man combination on the Spurs with a +5.1/100 possessions. With the team having a +5.1 assists compared to the opponents during that time. Of the top 5 2-man combinations on the Spurs, Tre Jones is in four of the five.

Not saying that this it the best the Spurs can do, but Tre Jones and Wemby does play decently well together. I believe there are way better options out there, just not sure if those players are available. I would love to have Jrue Holiday on the team, or Paul George, but that is unlikely to happen, but to throw random assertions about Tre over and over again, with no backup, is lazy. And to double down when proven wrong, then continue to move goalpost just reeks of a lack of integrity.
    of course tre has the most passes to wemby,Hes the ing pg lol.Im sure he almost has the most passes to everybody.Dude is
    stlll average and we can do better.Granham would shined with wemby,Shame he didnt get a chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course tre has the most passes to wemby,Hes the ing pg lol.Im sure he almost has the most passes to everybody.Dude is
    stlll average and we can do better.Granham would shined with wemby,Shame he didnt get a chance.
    https://www.nba.com/clippers/photos/...-school-visits

Thread Information