Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    granham should of been playing over branham all season and maybe even tre jones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you for the grades Timvp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Duke is clearly the most developed of that clan.
    David Duke? clan? Yikes!

I always felt sorry for this guys name....

granham should of been playing over branham all season and maybe even tre jones.
    Well depends on your goals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Classic Spurs win! Reminds me of how championship Spurs still won regardless who was on the court! Everybody was giving their best efforts. It’s hard not to be excited what Wemby would become. The kid has that MJ “it” on him. He’s confident and shines brighter under pressure. He’s not the least intimidated by the pressure playing against the reigning MVP nor the NBA champions. It’s hard to believe he’s only 20. Damn!

Mamu has got to be back and with more significant minutes next season. The way Wemby talked about being excited playing alongside him, hmmm.

I like Champ better tonight. Those dunks reminded me of CoJo’s poster dunk on Serge Ibaka. I think he helped energized the crowd and the team tonight.

Collins was solid as the backup C tonight. I think that’s the best we could hope for him. People calling to trade him is crazy. Collins as a backup C is solid. He plays with passion and never hang his head down, just continues to work hard and even after a long drought. He just works hard. Likewise Wesley. He might’ve not played well tonight but another guy who doesn’t moped in the corner. He continues to work hard on his defense. People forget he’s just turned 21 and on his 2nd year.

if those 2 shots by Graham didn’t sink, people would be asking for his head! What was he thinking taking those shots and not passing to Wemby?? Wtf

But closing on a good note. ing Wemby is the real deal. This kid can’t wait to win. We knew he’s going to be good, but not this early. He’s so thin and needs 3-4 years to develop. Yes he will get even more stronger and will get even more dominant. The FATFO better not waste this off-season. Because Wemby is ready to win now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thx Timvp!

I don't get the concept of good games that "could carry forward into next season" tho, it reminds me the Sochan experiment lol

Different season different story and too many non NBA players in this roster. Last season players didn't carry anything into this season

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Spurs have won 6 of their last 10 games, and, with the exception of the OKC game, played tough in the loses. Definitely think there is something to build on for next season, even if just the internal growth of Vic. This isn’t the same thing as saying everyone on the team will be back or that this configuration for players will make the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Spurs have won 6 of their last 10 games, and, with the exception of the OKC game, played tough in the loses. Definitely think there is something to build on for next season, even if just the internal growth of Vic. This isn’t the same thing as saying everyone on the team will be back or that this configuration for players will make the playoffs.
    The same thing was said last summer and what happened? The core whom developement so many were excited to see were worse to start the season

I could get the logic if the Spurs already had the core to build on, but it's far from the case, at best Wemby + Vassell are starters

Sochan too small to play PF and can't shoot or handle the ball well enough to play SF

Tre overachieving undersized PG who can't pass the ball to Victor (he's litterally gotten worse at it through out the season )

Keldon, great heart but absurd low BBIQ

Brahman Collins Champagnie... WTF

I hope PATFO or some of you don't get fooled by recency bias

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same thing was said last summer and what happened? The core whom developement so many were excited to see were worse to start the season

I could get the logic if the Spurs already had the core to build on, but it's far from the case, at best Wemby + Vassell are starters

Sochan too small to play PF and can't shoot or handle the ball well enough to play SF

Tre overachieving undersized PG who can't pass the ball to Victor (he's litterally gotten worse at it through out the season )

PATFO was going to do what they planned regardless. And as stated in another topic, their main objective through decades is continuity. The roster is likely to be 70%-80% the same next year. That means 9-12 guys will be back next year. There is no fantasy overhaul coming that some fans are hoping for.

also, I think people misinterpret what a core is to the Spurs. I think it doesn’t have to be in a sense where a core is your top talent. It could be your 6th man talent that could be here for many years on a friendly contract. Guys like Tre and Champagnie could be considered “core” but not players you build around— just guys who are there for better players to compete with and for them to lead the team to a baseline performance to keep the team from bottoming out. There has to be role players on the team that raise the team’s floor at all times, period. Not every guy in the rotation has to be a top end talent. I bet everyone forgets who Christian Braun is from time to time, but he’s a bench player on the Nuggets and plays a key role. There’s guys like that on every team who are “forgettable” yet play important roles on and off the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mamu not sniffing rotation minutes (even 5-10 a game) during a season they won 21 games is coaching malpractice. So bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Devin is obviously a keeper. Tre is a good backup PG at a good contract and should be kept.

I don't understand people's hate boner for Sochan when this was his 2nd year (people wrote off Devin at the end of his 2nd year as well ) and his biggest flaw this season was that his coach played him at out of position for a 1/3 of the year.

I'm not losing a wink of sleep if we lose anybody else though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some additional thoughts:

-Thank god the old man didn't call a TO before that Graham game winner because we definitely would have lost
    -Sidy should have gotten playing time about 10-15 games ago
    -What a huge whiff by the Sniff Crew on Graham/Mamu this year. I guess the CIA Pop tanking is the narrative but I think it just comes down to coaching malpractice
    -Always nice to dad Denver when the games matter tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin is obviously a keeper. Tre is a good backup PG at a good contract and should be kept.

I don't understand people's hate boner for Sochan when this was his 2nd year (people wrote off Devin at the end of his 2nd year as well ) and his biggest flaw this season was that his coach played him at out of position for a 1/3 of the year.

I'm not losing a wink of sleep if we lose anybody else though
    No hate at all from me

I had a bad impression of him from the start but waited bc so many of you were praising his potential (I stoped following NBA since the bubble and didn't watch the previous season)

I admit he has something special with his grit and willigness to defend, his agressivity etc

But the balance between what he brings and costs has to be taken into account no?

I'd not try to get rid of him bc of his age and contract, but I'd challenge him to the bench until he improves his court visison, ball handling, passing and more importantly shooting.

Next season Spurs will start bein taken seriously and contrary to the last 2 will be scouted and teams will exploit match up to compensate what Wemby does to them.

Ime has already shown the blue print, it's not rocket science

As for Devin, he has a real elite role player potential once we get a proper starting NBA PG and has shown the most improvement in the roster after Victor, even becoming a better passer than Tre, so he's akeeper for now but the idea of involving him in a trade isn't absurd considering whatver team we trade with will want some value in return and Devin has the highest after Victor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No hate at all from me

I had a bad impression of him from the start but waited bc so many of you were praising his potential (I stoped following NBA since the bubble and didn't watch the previous season)

I admit he has something special with his grit and willigness to defend, his agressivity etc

But the balance between what he brings and costs has to be taken into account no?

I'd not try to get rid of him bc of his age and contract, but I'd challenge him to the bench until he improves his court visison, ball handling, passing and more importantly shooting.

Next season Spurs will start bein taken seriously and contrary to the last 2 will be scouted and teams will exploit match up to compensate what Wemby does to them.

Ime has already shown the blue print, it's not rocket science

As for Devin, he has a real elite role player potential once we get a proper starting NBA PG and has shown the most improvement in the roster after Victor, even becoming a better passer than Tre, so he's akeeper for now but the idea of involving him in a trade isn't absurd considering whatver team we trade with will want some value in return and Devin has the highest after Victor.
    I just fundamentally disagree with the notion that Sochan is too small to play PF next to Wemby. I think he's pretty much the perfect size for a frontcourt partner next to Wemby in the modern nba.

His shooting is still obviously suspect but that was a known question mark coming into the league and he's shown marked improvements in both FT and 3pt shooting (even if it's still below average).

I don't think he has All Star potential or even a Draymond ceiling but I think he's a core piece to keep going forward especially since he's only 20yo and has only been in the league for 2 years.

We've seen very real jumps from Year 2 > 3 from Devin and guys like Jalen Johson & Jalen Suggs. I haven't seen anything to dissuade me from thinking that Sochan can't have a similar progression next season tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf why are we winning?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf why are we winning?
    You really sweating ping pong balls in this trash ass draft?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just fundamentally disagree with the notion that Sochan is too small to play PF next to Wemby. I think he's pretty much the perfect size for a frontcourt partner next to Wemby in the modern nba.

His shooting is still obviously suspect but that was a known question mark coming into the league and he's shown marked improvements in both FT and 3pt shooting (even if it's still below average).

I don't think he has All Star potential or even a Draymond ceiling but I think he's a core piece to keep going forward especially since he's only 20yo and has only been in the league for 2 years.

We've seen very real jumps from Year 2 > 3 from Devin and guys like Jalen Johson & Jalen Suggs. I haven't seen anything to dissuade me from thinking that Sochan can't have a similar progression next season tbh.
    As I said I'm not willing to trade him and still on "wait and see" mode. I'd love to be wrong

But he struggled a lot this season with some PF match ups, and Ime has shown how to make him a liability.

I don't see how going to the bench and having to fight for a starting spot wouldn't be beneficial for him and the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This brings me no great joy to say but we don’t win this game with Devin-Sochan-Keldon

we were rolling bc everyone was moving and playing off wemby. How many dumb contested iso shots (devin) or head down drives to the rim with no plan (keldon) or driving into a crowd to throw up some bs or turn the ball over (sochan) did you see last night?

if the point of this season was to see what fits best with wemby its clear that smart players who move without the ball are what we need.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This brings me no great joy to say but we don’t win this game with Devin-Sochan-Keldon

we were rolling bc everyone was moving and playing off wemby. How many dumb contested iso shots (devin) or head down drives to the rim with no plan (keldon) or driving into a crowd to throw up some bs or turn the ball over (sochan) did you see last night?

if the point of this season was to see what fits best with wemby its clear that smart players who move without the ball are what we need.
    agreed

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is exactly it. The spurs did not take into account players’ fit next to wemby all season, and it was a huge mistake. We can’t have another lost season next year with that nonsense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you for the grades Timvp.
    You are very welcome

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the Spurs beat a team without Wemby fans fall all over themselves to call it meaningless. When they win one without anyone else, it's a sign or something. The reality is both games "meant something", just as beating OKC and Minny with a full(er) deck meant something. Tenured Spurs fans should know that teams have to be able to win games in multiple ways. Sometimes Wemby will dominate, sometimes other guys will come up big. That versatility is good.

The Spurs should absolutely try multiple roster combos around Wemby and mix in talent with experience and chemistry. But whatever stars fans want the Spurs to get over Vassell and the others, the Spurs won this game without them too. The team should not lose sight of the lack of talent on the floor last night. This was a fantastic win and a great experience for a short-handed roster. It was a glimpse at what Wemby's prime may actually look like. But it's not a template for roster construction.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really sweating ping pong balls in this trash ass draft?
    ummm, yes. I don't want any of the heads from the draft but a #3 pick is much more valuable to trade than a #7 pick

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Incredibly satisfying win. Haven't seen that level of basketball IQ sustained that long by a Spurs team since the beautiful game days. It was fun to watch.

Thread Information