Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point of his career, he’s more Cliff than Chris Paul. That being said, I wouldn’t be opposed to it if he came cheap. Best case scenario, he can help mentor them to win a series or two, because everyone knows he can barely get to the WCF. Worst case, he’ll help them win a few more games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we draft tpoic or dillingham there is mo point on getting a washed up cp3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on our draft choices

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he plays next year, it will be for a contender. I can’t see him wasting the last years of his career trying to get the Spurs to the 7th or 8th seed. But he would be positive here. Maybe not always on the court, but leadership, professionalism, and teaching vet tricks to young players would be beneficial. No one thinks he’d come here and play like an all start. It’d be more like McGrady or maybe Terry Porter when they came here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams just spent a whole season schooling us on veteran dirty tricks commonly used to draw fouls so while CP may have little in the tank he could still have some benefit even as an end of bench guy playing spot minutes almost like a player coach. He was the prototypical guy for pissing the other team off and remember the main knock on Manu for years was as a flopper. I do recall he was real classy in IIRC it was the 2nd to last season for Duncan and he cried, hugged TD and had mad respect for him.

Doesnt fit with the plan of course but putting more multi year development players around Wemby is also a dicey proposition seems like he could mentor a Tre Jones and rookie PG well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, not trying to be picky but I do not like any of the suggested established names linked to SA

not interested in CP3 on the Spurs outside of maybe him getting cut and coming at vet min as a mentor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People who want him assume he'd play limited minutes. Knowing Pop he'd have him playing 25+ mpg tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

CP3? more like C/PF cause you're my new reverse point Power Forward, Chris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't see the point for Paul to come here now, specially for the minimum... He's gonna try to ring till he retires and he's not even making the POs here. He wouldn't leave money on the table just for the privilege and unique chance at mentoring Tre Jones and Blake Wesley. And Wemby doesn't need a daddy.
    Last edited by JPB; 1 Week Ago at 06:07 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been one of my least favorite players in the league for years, and now he's old, so I'd have to vote no. Plus I'd add that the moniker of "mentor" is used too easily... Sure he's a vet, but it seems to me that many of his old teammates dislike him, so I don't know if he'd really be a good choice in that regard. Personally, I'd rather the Spurs spend a modest amount of money on vets like Delon Wright or Alec Burks, and if they want an undersized PG as a temporary undersized stopgap I'd rather spend modestly on someone like Jordan McLaughlin than on CP0.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want either him or Lowry. Both would be cheap. Just the knowledge he has is worth it. Dude helped Shay a lot in OKC. He also helped Booker too. There’s zero downside to it tbh, even if he is “washed,” he still played about as well as our starter anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point of his career, he’s more Cliff than Chris Paul.

No.
    Wemby does not need a cheap, unnecessary insurance policy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs and CP3 free agency rumors, name a better duo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would prefer Killian Hayes get a shot. Big PG who plays good defense and is fair passer and shooter.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at least someone would finally pass good balls to Victor... CP0 could average 15 assists.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steins opinion. Nothing really more.

Spurs didn't do it last summer and they had every opportunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate CP but this makes sense for the Spurs. He can mentor the young players especially PGs, he’ll get hurt and they still get to play. It gives him a small part in Wemby’s career. Play in national televised games throwing him lobs, hitting game winning 3s. Spurs sign him to a large 1 year deal eventually buy him out if he desires and he can play for a le contender in the playoffs. Spurs retain cap space for next offseason. Better FA class in 2025 and Spurs still have a their own pick and ATL pick.

D.I.R.T.Y. till we die manufor3's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes a lot of sense, especially if you're not sold on any of the point guards in this year's draft. If we draft a wing, makes sense to go with Tre and a vet point next season and go fishing again for the long term solution in the 2025 draft or in the trade market.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sum type of pg who can pass and shoot.Either tyus jones,chris paul or draft a pg in topic,dilly,castle or collier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would prefer Killian Hayes get a shot. Big PG who plays good defense and is fair passer and shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is not playing his last years with a rebuilding team.

I think Tre remains the starting PG until Topic or Dillingham takes it from him. While Wesley will also put up a fight. Some posters giving up on Wesley, but I think he improved so much this season. The kid just turned 21 geez. I think Pop loves his defense and fight. He seems like a great kid and will work harder this off-season.

I’m not discounting signing an all-star like Trae, to please Wemby who seems hinting with his posting. Will PATFO concede will be interesting to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he'll accept the role of mentor for whatever guard(s) get drafted, sure. But anything more than spot minutes in the rotation is a hard pass from me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather give those minutes to Topic or Dilllngham or Castle or whoever we draft. If we need a veteran PG, it's Tre Jones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’ll be playing with Ringling Lakers before he plays for the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs and CP3 free agency rumors, name a better duo
    Normally I’d agree, but this one might have some legs to it. All depends on what we do in the Draft tbh.

Thread Information