Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry about Balmer, he's right where he wants to be

As much as winning is always the goal, his main focus is Clippers's brand developement. It makes no sense sporting wise but it's very efficient economically speaking.

PSG in football did the same a few years back, their team made no sense, it was closer to a Disney team, but the brand value itself raised like never before. Now they start fixing the sporting issues with a roster that makes sense. (I can't wait for Mbappe to gtfo lmao)

Clippers will do the same imo.

Big picture Balmer has steadily narrowed the gap with the Lakers and it won't stop
    Yeah, I hate the Clippers because Kawhi....but you have to admit that Ballmer has made the Clippers far more relevant than they have ever been even if their ceiling seems to be the 2nd round.

I also always thought it was stupid to have two NBA teams sharing the same arena so he fixed that as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry about Balmer, he's right where he wants to be

As much as winning is always the goal, his main focus is Clippers's brand developement. It makes no sense sporting wise but it's very efficient economically speaking.

PSG in football did the same a few years back, their team made no sense, it was closer to a Disney team, but the brand value itself raised like never before. Now they start fixing the sporting issues with a roster that makes sense. (I can't wait for Mbappe to gtfo lmao)

Clippers will do the same imo.

Big picture Balmer has steadily narrowed the gap with the Lakers and it won't stop
    Yeah, I hate the Clippers because Kawhi....but you have to admit that Ballmer has made the Clippers far more relevant than they have ever been even if their ceiling seems to be the 2nd round.

I also always thought it was stupid to have two NBA teams sharing the same arena so he fixed that as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "This is not who we are"!!!
    It's who I am, pop, sorry. neph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being from southern California, I don't hate the Clippers or the Lakers overall , but I seriously dislike a few players on both teams. Kawitter is one of them. He is always hurt. Oh my leg hurts, oh my ass hurts, I can't play. Doubt that half of his injuries are even real. What a wuss. How about giving Balmer back some of your salary since you haven't earned most of it anyway. In contrast Paul George gets injured a lot but at least he tries to play thru some of the pain.

Lebron is my least favorite Laker of all time. Yeah he's talented and all that (Jordan is still the GOAT), but man he whines about everything, like an injured mule who got kicked in the nuts. Can't wait till the Nuggets eliminate the fakers so Lebron can move to another team showing how much of a ring chaser he is. Dude You're pushing 40, retire already.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks dog out there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors
    Lakers

Just need the Mavs to keep acting like somebody

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi losing the clippers this game and maybe the series

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    He's tired, he's old and he s in a bag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Westbrook is the most likeable of this bunch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers have Playoff Pee vs SGA

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers have Playoff Pee vs SGA + Jalen Williams + 2024 LAC first + 2025 unprotected swap with LAC + 2025 MIA (lottery protected) + 2026 LAC first (unprotected)
    FIFY

Makes the Herschel Walker trade look even in comparison

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns also

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nephew’s knee is quitting on him like he quit the Spurs. His knee is hiding in New York while he’s trying to win playoff games. I can’t believe Clippers were stupid enough to give him the bag before the playoffs. He keeps falling apart when the games a must wins. He wasn’t going anywhere, Uncle Dennis must have pushed hard on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow
    The Clips owe him 150 million.

Is that correct?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow
    The Clips owe him 150 million.

Is that correct?
    Yep.

and not a draft pick in sight.

Playoff Pee will undoubtedly opt in for a 48 mil continued fleecing for this upcoming season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep.

and not a draft pick in sight.

Playoff Pee will undoubtedly opt in for a 48 mil continued fleecing for this upcoming season.
    PG should leave if he wants to ring. He should know by now that nephew is washed too much to carry them. I think the Philly rumors are very real.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Disagree, if they want to be relevant they should move back to San Diego or go to Vegas. No in LA gives a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PG should leave if he wants to ring. He should know by now that nephew is washed too much to carry them. I think the Philly rumors are very real.
    Would be hilarious to see him leave one china doll for another

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree, if they want to be relevant they should move back to San Diego or go to Vegas. No in LA gives a .
    Ballmer said many times he'll never move the team and that they'll never do a hard reset. He'll keep paying the tax to compete. But they'll never be good enough.

Watching these three games, I kept thinking that I wouldn't be against the idea of giving Harden a two year deal. He's still an elite playmaker and it would be worth it just to see the Clutchfans meltdown.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was also one of the few who were against giving him the supermax in here. I still remember getting crucified on those horrible Kawhi threads.
    I do recall you and another poster or two being against it, which at the time, I thought was crazy. I think KobesAchilles was another guy that was against it. I thought you guys were wrong and that the Spurs not offering it would be an insult. Turns out. those of you that were against it, you made the right call. Freaking gutsy call at that time, too. I can't remember your reason/s, what made you guys against giving him the supermax?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty nuts to think about in hindsight.
    At the time, if it were a 1:1 trade, the only player I wanted to trade for was Anthony Davis, but since NO would never have done that, I wanted the Spurs to trade Kawhi for a pick (1 or 2 pick) to draft Doncic. I thought Doncic would be good/maybe close to Manu someday, but I was not expecting him to be as good as he was as soon as he was. My next best trade well before the Bulls one, was to try and get SGA or the 11th & 12th pick for Kawhi, but people say none of those were offered by the Clippers. I really liked SGA, but again, sort of like Doncic, I didn't think he'd become this good. i thought he was a more realistic target and could have been a very good player for us going forward. I thought he was really good with more potential still to come, but he's playing great now (better than I ever thought he would), and I think the Clippers really screwed up trading him away. When they didn't trade him to us, I thought they're not looking to trade him at all to anyone. I guess Kawhi forced their hand, though, and maybe if it wasn't for that, they would have kept him at the Clippers the rest of his career. Oh, well, at least I am happy for SGA as his first season or two in OKC, I felt bad for him having to carry the load and play for a bad team. Looks like it's paid off for him and the Thunder now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do recall you and another poster or two being against it, which at the time, I thought was crazy. I think KobesAchilles was another guy that was against it. I thought you guys were wrong and that the Spurs not offering it would be an insult. Turns out. those of you that were against it, you made the right call. Freaking gutsy call at that time, too. I can't remember your reason/s, what made you guys against giving him the supermax?
    Kawhi really did us a solid by being such an unprofessional pos. If he wasn't such a got ghosting the team and disappearing they probably would have supermaxed him and here we'd be six years later wondering if we could get 50 games and a playoff series out of him next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the time, if it were a 1:1 trade, the only player I wanted to trade for was Anthony Davis, but since NO would never have done that, I wanted the Spurs to trade Kawhi for a pick (1 or 2 pick) to draft Doncic. I thought Doncic would be good/maybe close to Manu someday, but I was not expecting him to be as good as he was as soon as he was.
    Yeah I so badly wanted to fleece Ranadive for that #2 pick for Doncic. I don't think anyone expected him to be this good but he was certainly one of the most exciting prospects we had seen probably since Davis at the time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi really did us a solid by being such an unprofessional pos. If he wasn't such a got ghosting the team and disappearing they probably would have supermaxed him and here we'd be six years later wondering if we could get 50 games and a playoff series out of him next season.
    Seriously? He destroyed their reputation, set the franchise back years (without his antics, he'd have went for a Davis esque haul) and had they not lucked into Wembanyama, they'd still be reeling with no end in sight.

Thread Information