Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC-NO game 3 now on.

OKC (2-0) up 14 at the half. OKC has a legit shot at making the WCF imo. Denver still wins it, I believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 3 teams in the west look head and shoulders above the rest of the compe ion. East is a little flatter. Been VERY impressed with Orlando's defense.

Have to imagine another big shake up coming for Phoenix, in addition to CLE, LAC, LAL gonna have to take a hard look in the mirror at WTF they are doing with their teams.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC already looks scary and I hate it. Not scary as in being the favorites right now, but with their roster and stash of assets it would take some major ing up or injury trouble to not contend over the next decade. I guess we can hope their ownership refuses to pay the luxury tax again a few years down the line.
    NOLA needs some major retooling. Ingram and CJ need to go. Either build around Zion or blow it up if he can't stay healthy.

Clippers are the Clippers, duh. Joke franchise. Kind of feel sad for Ballmer, he should've tried to bring the Sonics back because he clearly loves basketball and wants to spend as much as it's needed to contend.
    Mavs are looking good. But not enough to get to the finals, imo.

Suns are another joke franchise, I'll be enjoying their downfall.
    Timberwolves defense is scary, but I want to see how their offense functions against a top contender. I think Nuggets will be too much for them.

Lakers need to decide if they're going to stay Lebron's hostage or get rid of him.
    Nuggets are half-assing it and easily taking care of business.

Celtics will probably win the series, but something's wrong there. Too chaotic, I think Mazzulla is not up to the task.
    Heat are just amazing. They keep pulling no names out of their ass and outplaying stacked teams.

Cavs are in for a rough summer. Mitc is gone, but the bigger issue is that everyone else has been underwhelming.
    Magic are the most pleasant surprise. Scary defense, they just need a true point guard because their offense looks rough and Banchero is a black hole.

Bucks are also cooked. Too old with no way out. I give Giannis one more year before he asks out.
    Pacers are onto something, just need experience.

Sixers are the team I'm hating right now because Embiid is a , no other way around it.
    Knicks are great to watch, as much as I hate to admit it. I just love Thibs basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 3 teams in the west look head and shoulders above the rest of the compe ion. East is a little flatter. Been VERY impressed with Orlando's defense.

Have to imagine another big shake up coming for Phoenix, in addition to CLE, LAC, LAL gonna have to take a hard look in the mirror at WTF they are doing with their teams.
    PHO is in pretty bad shape after going all in with Durant and Beal. LA will always find a way but Clips are locked with Nephew's 100M corpse for the next 2 years.

NO giving up apparently, down 23 in the 4th... Series over. Hard to build a team around a guy like Zion. Unless he really slims down, he'll watch the POs from the sidelines whatever his career lasts. Can't have the game he has with the body he has.
    Last edited by JPB; 1 Week Ago at 04:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fckn Butler hairdoo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we doing the NBA on Spurs Forum now?

Spurs related:
    Excellent Ginobili level flop or cheap crap?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a banner start for those in favor of significant change. Continuity, chemistry and in a related note homegrown talent (Nuggets, Celtics, Thunder, Timberwolves) are winning the day, while the an hesis (Lakers, Suns, Clippers, Bucks) are floundering.

Of course, that's an oversimplification that lacks context, but I'm sure this organization will treat it as further proof of concept.

NOLA needs some major retooling. Ingram and CJ need to go. Either build around Zion or blow it up if he can't stay healthy.

Clippers are the Clippers, duh. Joke franchise.

Lakers need to decide if they're going to stay Lebron's hostage or get rid of him.

Celtics will probably win the series, but something's wrong there. Too chaotic, I think Mazzulla is not up to the task.
    The Pelicans, Cavaliers (and Hawks) are the same type of team. Good (if overrated) talent, but terrible fit.

Not sure how S bag's softness and probably damaged psyched at this point has anything to do with the Clippers being a "joke franchise".

Blame Ishbia, who spearheaded the idiotic Beal trade (a drastically overpaid, worse version of Durant and Booker for a team filled with holes) and will probably fire the coach again.
    Vogel is lucky he's white, or the media would be killing him for historically awful 4th quarter offense and overall underwhelming team.

James is a cash cow and what's the alternative?

Nuggets are not as good as perceived, but Jokic and greater than sum of their parts starting five obscures it.

It's not about Mazzulla, it's about the same, old issues: No MVP caliber player and in related note, elite play maker.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuggets need to put the Lakers out of their misery tonight. ESPN wasting all that air time trying to convince their idiot fanbase/casuals that the Lakers were contenders and had a chance. lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

To me, this is what makes 'calling your ideal off-season' so tough. There's just no way to know if those teams blow it and how that'll present opportunities that are either direct or indirect. I think it does create alot of interesting scenarios though..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Concur these Ritchie Rich owners, in particular
    Balmer
    Isbia

Have certainly shot themselves in the foot trying to buy a Chip with the wrong players.
    Any GM worth a dime could have known Durbeta and Beal are way past prime.
    Kahwi and Playoff Pee, insane giving them the years and money Balmer did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For SA locals, is the Nuggets/Lakers game showing on ABC tonight? Mine is showing SA’s fiesta parade lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, this is what makes 'calling your ideal off-season' so tough. There's just no way to know if those teams blow it and how that'll present opportunities that are either direct or indirect. I think it does create alot of interesting scenarios though..
    But it's also why I wanted to start it before the playoffs start... opinions can always evolve as we progress through the offseason, and it will be fun to see how everyone's "ideal" offseason changes throughout!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC already looks scary and I hate it. Not scary as in being the favorites right now, but with their roster and stash of assets it would take some major ing up or injury trouble to not contend over the next decade. I guess we can hope their ownership refuses to pay the luxury tax again a few years down the line.

Clippers are the Clippers, duh. Joke franchise. Kind of feel sad for Ballmer, he should've tried to bring the Sonics back because he clearly loves basketball and wants to spend as much as it's needed to contend.
    Mavs are looking good. But not enough to get to the finals, imo.

Timberwolves defense is scary, but I want to see how their offense functions against a top contender. I think Nuggets will be too much for them.

Heat are just amazing. They keep pulling no names out of their ass and outplaying stacked teams.

Cavs are in for a rough summer. Mitc is gone, but the bigger issue is that everyone else has been underwhelming.
    Magic are the most pleasant surprise. Scary defense, they just need a true point guard because their offense looks rough and Banchero is a black hole.

Bucks are also cooked. Too old with no way out. I give Giannis one more year before he asks out.
    Pacers are onto something, just need experience.

Sixers are the team I'm hating right now because Embiid is a , no other way around it.
    Knicks are great to watch, as much as I hate to admit it. I just love Thibs basketball.
    Embiid has taken a page out of Draymond's playbook when it comes to being dirty. I can't let it go what he did to Mitc Robinson. That was a bush league foul he pulled on Mitch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But it's also why I wanted to start it before the playoffs start... opinions can always evolve as we progress through the offseason, and it will be fun to see how everyone's "ideal" offseason changes throughout!
    No doubt... that thread should have a long run...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You Lebron Haters that don't want him on the Spurs for a year or two can blow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a banner start for those in favor of significant change. Continuity, chemistry and in a related note homegrown talent (Nuggets, Celtics, Thunder, Timberwolves) are winning the day, while the an hesis (Lakers, Suns, Clippers, Bucks) are floundering.
    Not so sure about "homegrown talent". MINNY sold the farm for Gobert and OKC got their main star by trade too, then Denver lucked into Jokic in the second round, which you should'nt really bet on every year, right

I beleive it shows taking risks and not entirely building through the draft pays off, becasue it's really hard and rare to get your 2 or 3 stars via the draft, both statistically and techically.

the hardest part is getting your franchise player. From that point on, you should focus on free agency and trades to find your second banana if you ask me because the probalbity you find another star via the draft slims down, specially with a franchise player like Wemby who won't be OK for another tanking year, plus 3-4 years of development for that other hypothetical star.
    Last edited by JPB; 1 Week Ago at 10:56 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not so sure about "homegrown talent". MINNY sold the farm for Gobert and OKC got their main star by trade too, then Denver lucked into Jokic in the second round, which you should'nt really bet on every year, right

I beleive it shows taking risks and not entirely building through the draft pays off, becasue it's really hard and rare to get your 2 or 3 stars via the draft, both statistically and techically.

the hardest part is getting your franchise player. From that point on, you should focus on free agency and trades to find your second banana if you ask me because the probalbity you find another star via the draft slims down, specially with a franchise player like Wemby who won't be OK for another tanking year, plus 3-4 years of development for that other hypothetical star.
    Rotational "homegrown" players . . .

Timberwolves: Towns, Reid, McLaughlin (fringe), Edwards, McDaniels
    Thunder: Dort, Giddey, Wiggins, (Jalen), Williams, (Jaylin) Williams, Holmgren, Wallace
    Nuggets: Jokic, Murray, Porter Jr., Braun, Watson

I'm not advocating for this approach, I'm just saying from a Spurs perspective, there isn't anything happening that's likely to change their preference or stance.

I’M A DAMN SPUR!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For SA locals, is the Nuggets/Lakers game showing on ABC tonight? Mine is showing SA’s fiesta parade lol
    Even SA’s local affiliate says FTL.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC-NO game 3 now on.

OKC (2-0) up 14 at the half. OKC has a legit shot at making the WCF imo. Denver still wins it, I believe.
    Zion has not played so that was a Huge break for OKC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NEW YORK (2-1) - PHILLY game 3

New York up 5, 8min to go in the 4th. If Knicks get this one, series might be over. With Milwaukee in pretty bad shape too (down 1-2 with Giannis and Dame ruled out for game 4), it should be a boulevard for Boston this year in the East.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NY 90 - 89 PHI

3:59 in the 4th. We have a thriller.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oubre and Harris taking decisive threes, good job flopper.

Most embarrassing MVP in NBA history. Noone else was such a playoffs underperformer without even trying.

One (!!!) point in the fourth. Took out Robinson only to get locked up by Achiuwa and OG.

Can't wait for G5, must see television, he might start crying in MSG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NY winning this. That was awful BB honestly. Knicks being 2nd in the East is freaky. It's Brunson and a bunch of guys. But you're not winning anything with Brunson as your top guy.
    Last edited by JPB; 1 Week Ago at 05:42 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not an Embiid fan, but I don't see how he could receive criticism for this.

He logged 43:58, including the entire 2nd half, on one leg, with Bell's palsy and despite being medically cleared, as always in the playoffs looks like he has no business playing and they fall apart with him off the floor.

The masses can't blame favorite whipping boy Rivers this time and the media is too in bed with unethical Nurse, so Morey will probably receive the lion's share.

Despite solid assets, he didn't do enough at the deadline (Embiid's health may have played a role).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing a generation of old stars getting smacked forcibly to the ground -- Harden, Westbrook, Curry, Durant, LeBron, all getting dumped hard this year.

Thread Information