View Poll Results: Lebron James as a Spur for the vet min?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely. Welcome him ASAP

23 30.26%
  • Just what the Spurs need. Fills 5 boxes.

3 3.95%
  • Great for Wama to have a mentor like Lebron

3 3.95%
  • Only if he will be a sub

1 1.32%
  • I'd rather we extend Tre Jones

0 0%
  • Yes but nothing over 10 mil a year

4 5.26%
  • No

35 46.05%
  • My butt is still sore from Pop and GNob giving that 2013 Champ away

3 3.95%
  • Lebron stole my girlfriend and I'm not over it.

2 2.63%
  • Other. Specify in comments

2 2.63%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would LBJ take the vet minimum when he's playing like a top 20 NBA player? I think he would be insulted by someone asking him to take the vet minimum. He's won les. There is no reason to come here. He's staying in LA where he can work on his career outside of basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's not going to take a paycut, so its not happening

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not need for Victor to mentor some random 45 old vet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not need for Victor to mentor some random 45 old vet.
    Pop is 90, not 45.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would LBJ take the vet minimum when he's playing like a top 20 NBA player?
    He himself floated the idea.
    That was before Bronny had his heart issue.

Lebron was real big on being a son/father combo on the same team.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would definitely take him, but never fear people who despise Lebron, he will never come here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you could sign lebron you do it no brainer. It would be arguably the smartest and best basketball player ever teaching our franchise player.

And the absolute best part about signing lebron is that you know he would get collins, sochan, branhim, and wessley up out of here. First thing he does when he goes to a team is get rid of the bums. I would want him signed for that alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron should spend next season doing 10-day deals for all the teams he hasn't played for yet. Add yet another record to his resume: first player to play for every team.
    for all teams. 30. Ring is sure thing as member of the winning crew.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you could sign lebron you do it no brainer. It would be arguably the smartest and best basketball player ever teaching our franchise player.

And the absolute best part about signing lebron is that you know he would get collins, sochan, branhim, and wessley up out of here. First thing he does when he goes to a team is get rid of the bums. I would want him signed for that alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't need a drama queen right now, and Bronny is only a high draft pick because of name only and not worth it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Storytelling DO work on people...

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    1. LBJ is a ing diva / often mastermind and will never let you know what he is thinking… ultimate poker face.

2. He cares more about money generally yes… till now as he looks defeated yet still in his prime and ready to go out on top.

3. If you think Wemby falling in our hands was a conspiracy consider LBJ is already trying to work his way to dollars, legacy and whatever else suits him and some organization may bend over backwards for it. Unlikely us.
    This is called capitalism. He should get every single penny he can get from the billionaires that have made several fortunes from his presence over the past 21 years.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Storytelling DO work on people...
    He's top 2 for sure. He was the best player for LA in that series even though AD had some stretches. For a guy people say is about to retire, he looks top 10 in the league.

Don't need a drama queen right now, and Bronny is only a high draft pick because of name only and not worth it.
    Any pick at that level is seriously hit or miss. If you get Lebron with it you cannot lose.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's top 2 for sure. He was the best player for LA in that series even though AD had some stretches. For a guy people say is about to retire, he looks top 10 in the league.

For sure?? What are your criterias?

He's very smart in a cynical way and storytelling driven.

He knows when and how to score to secure his stats and rarely appears when it really matters. The whole team would have to be centered around him bc he can't play with a PG anyway.

I'm not a hater but as usual it's all about the balance between the positive and the negative. The latter wins by a large margin to me.

You could also make a strong case as him being one of the worst leader of all time (among the greats), refusing any accountability and historically putting all the blame on his teamates.

Why would anyone want him?

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only possible benefit of Lebron coming to San Antonio is that Pop would finally be forced to retire after the spurs fail to do anything meaningful. That is the Lebron MO — trade assets to get his guys, then skip town or fire the coach when the team fails.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He knows when and how to score to secure his stats and rarely appears when it really matters.

You could also make a strong case as him being one of the worst leader of all time (among the greats), refusing any accountability and historically putting all the blame on his teamates.

Why would anyone want him?
    Too many instances of showing up when it matters to mention.

He's a better pg then 90% of the pg's he's played with. Yes, he is a better pg then Tre Jones.

"refusing any accountability and historically putting all the blame on his teamates."
    Give several examples please.
    Since there must be soo many.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only possible benefit of Lebron coming to San Antonio is that Pop would finally be forced to retire after the spurs fail to do anything meaningful. That is the Lebron MO — trade assets to get his guys, then skip town or fire the coach when the team fails.
    Poor Cleveland. All he did is bring that hole a Championship and increase the teams and towns revenue but at least a billion.
    Poor Miami only 4 straight Finals with 2 wins, albeit one a gift

So if some one on ST has a skill, lets say computers. They work at Google but get a better off from Samsungs new Texas digs. You're saying they are a traitor and bandwaggoner for moving freely in the capitalistic system we live under?

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor Cleveland. All he did is bring that hole a Championship and increase the teams and towns revenue but at least a billion.
    Poor Miami only 4 straight Finals with 2 wins, albeit one a gift

So if some one on ST has a skill, lets say computers. They work at Google but get a better off from Samsungs new Texas digs. You're saying they are a traitor and bandwaggoner for moving freely in the capitalistic system we live under?
    His MO has not changed, the results have. The baggage is clearly not worth it in 2024. This is wemby’s team now. Any move that suggests otherwise is beyond stupid

Fantasy Football Guru Guru of Nothing's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, maybe he can teach Champaignie how to dunk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No to LeBron. Players on other teams all suck unless they are 25-year-old superstars in their primes, and the players already on the Spurs are all diamonds in the rough who just need more time to develop.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is called capitalism. He should get every single penny he can get from the billionaires that have made several fortunes from his presence over the past 21 years.
    It never ceases to amaze me how blue collar fans will always take the side of billionaire owners who get taxpayer funding for their arenas and stadiums, but expect players to take less than their value out of some moral obligation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It never ceases to amaze me how blue collar fans will always take the side of billionaire owners who get taxpayer funding for their arenas and stadiums, but expect players to take less than their value out of some moral obligation.
    100%.

It's like these fans are hoping Holt or Jerry Jones is going to cut them a check for saving a little bit on payroll, instead of raising the price of hotdogs by another dollar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because its not a zero sum game between whether lebron takes more money or [hypothetical owner] keeps money. its about the cap flexibility to build a better team.

i didnt love it when duncan took team friendly deals because it lined holt's pockets, i loved it because it allowed us to build great teams, eventually sign aldridge, etc

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because its not a zero sum game between whether lebron takes more money or [hypothetical owner] keeps money. its about the cap flexibility to build a better team.

i didnt love it when duncan took team friendly deals because it lined holt's pockets, i loved it because it allowed us to build great teams, eventually sign aldridge, etc
    It's the responsibility of the owner and GM to build a compe ive team. I have no problem celebrating players who take pay cuts, but that's different than calling them greedy if they don't.

The owners could always renegotiate the CBA and get rid of the salary cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Lebron can get Pop fired for us. Seems to be a trend for him

Thread Information