Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    goddam boutons, the hate that holds us all together.
    what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you don't notice that everyone here hates on you?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you don't notice that everyone here hates on you?
    WTF cares? it's internet, a POLITICAL forum, you lookin for love?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep

It's a ING GAME, it's ENTERTAINMENT.

The right-wing-dingers, Repugs, tea baggers, Christian Taleban/supremacists, here and everywhere are HILARIOUS, they're the INANE CLOWN POSSE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (pots jeering at kettles)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The prosecutor who saw to the execution of Cameron Todd Willingham with iffy evidence now also faces a grievance with the State Bar of Texas related to the use of testimony from a jailhouse informant.

Same song, different verse:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/nat...xas-execution/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sebesta disbarred:

In a sweeping ruling released this morning, the bar found that Sebesta had violated no fewer than five tenets of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct, including:

• 3.03(a)(l ): “A lawyer shall not knowingly make a false statement of material fact or law to a tribunal.”
    • 3.03(a)(5): “A lawyer shall not knowingly offer or use evidence that the lawyer knows to be false.”
    • 3.09(d): “A prosecutor in a criminal case shall make timely disclosure to the defense of all evidence or information known to the prosecutor that tends to negate the guilt of the accused or mitigates the offense…”
    • 8.04(a)(l): “A lawyer shall not violate these rules, knowingly assist or induce another to do so, or do so through the acts of another…”
    • 8.04(a)(3): “A lawyer shall not engage in conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct"

... has the same "blind squirrel" policing effectiveness and fear of enforcement as the Texas State Ethics Commission and Texas Commission (Omission?) on Environmental Quality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    taking away a lawyer's license is an administrative action, not a legal one, so calling it enforcement seems overstated at first blush -- disbarment has real implications for the erstwhile lawyer:

Disbarment

This is the most severe discipline resulting in a complete loss of a respondent lawyer’s license to practice law. Once disbarred, the lawyer’s name is removed from the membership rolls of the Supreme Court and the lawyer is required to remit his or her law license and bar card.

After five years, a disbarred lawyer may pe ion a district court to be reinstated to the practice of law. The disbarred lawyer must prove that reinstatement is in the best interest of the public and the profession, as well as the ends of justice. If such an application is granted, the disbarred lawyer is not automatically granted a law license. The disbarred lawyer must still pass the Bar Exam administered by the Texas Board of Law Examiners.

During the 2011-12 Bar year, 8 disbarred lawyers filed pe ions for reinstatement. Of those, 1 was dismissed by the respondent attorney, 1 was denied, and 6 remain pending.
    https://www.texasbar.com/Content/Nav...Misconduct.htm
    Last edited by Winehole23; 06-13-2015 at 08:52 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    back on track:

The Chief Disciplinary Counsel operates the discipline system with 91 full-time employees, including 34 lawyers, 11 investigators, 31 legal support staff, 11 administrative support staff, and 4 administrative managers. In addition to its headquarters in Austin, the CDC has Regional Offices in San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston. Each Regional Office is responsible for the investigation and prosecution of disciplinary matters within its region and is managed by a Regional Counsel.

CDC obtained sanctions in 402 cases resolving 516 complaints in the 2011-2012 Bar year. Fifty-four of these cases were resolved through the Grievance Referral Program. CDC pursued 19 compulsory discipline cases before BODA, obtaining disbarment in 7 cases, suspensions in 3 cases, resignations in lieu of discipline in 4 cases, and interlocutory orders of suspension in 5 cases. CDC obtained judgments ordering reciprocal discipline in 6 cases, including 3 disbarments, 1 suspension, and 2 public reprimands. CDC sought and obtained 2 revocations of probation resulting in active suspensions for the respondent attorney.
    http://www.texasbar.com/Content/Navi...fficeOfCDC.htm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thematically related, these mentally challenged brothers were coached to provide confesssions by SBI agents and spent 30 years in the pokey for it. this week they were awarded $75M in compensation in a federal civil right lawsuit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kicker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another one bites the dust

Thread Information