Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wow you didn't call 911 for a cut on your head...just about everyone does....
    Did you steri strip or what? Do you need me to look at it?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wow you didn't call 911 for a cut on your head...just about everyone does....
    Nope. Should I have?

Did you steri strip or what?
    Yeah.

Do you need me to look at it?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well if you can drive yourself to a clinic or ER you can save $$$. Insurance can be stupid last time they billed me for $900 when I took a ride.

Like Kori said infection is the biggest thing. If you have a family doctor then make appt tomorrow. Just tell them what happened. Normally you can at least see a PA or RN to see if it need s ches.

Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I cut my head at about the beginning of the hairline.

It's long and seems kinda deep (although its no longer bleeding) should I get s ches?

You are not in need for stiches if you can type on the internet w/o having blood drip all over the keyboard.

Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You can use Superglue, the next time this happens.

I actually invented the use of Superglue to close a wound. About 8 yrs ago, we were at some friends' lake house and our friend ran into a glass sliding door, because one of the kids closed it, and she was walking towards the outside just looking out at the lake, and could not see that the door had been closed. Anyway, she cut her nose across the bridge about 3 mm deep, and we did not have any bandaids, so I used Superglue to close the wound and the bleeding stopped. We took her to an emergency clinic, and when the doc saw her, he asked what we did to get the bleeding to stop. I told him and he said that s ches were no longer needed and he said that I had a great idea.
    Next thing I know, about one year later, there was an article in the New England Journel of Medicine about using Super Glue to close wounds, even after surgery.

I think that doc stole my idea.....I could have been a multi millionaire, had I marketed that idea...the little weasel.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    it

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

I actually invented the use of Superglue to close a wound. About 8 yrs ago, we were at some friends' lake house and our friend ran into a glass sliding door, because one of the kids closed it, and she was walking towards the outside just looking out at the lake, and could not see that the door had been closed. Anyway, she cut her nose across the bridge about 3 mm deep, and we did not have any bandaids, so I used Superglue to close the wound and the bleeding stopped. We took her to an emergency clinic, and when the doc saw her, he asked what we did to get the bleeding to stop. I told him and he said that s ches were no longer needed and he said that I had a great idea.
    Next thing I know, about one year later, there was an article in the New England Journel of Medicine about using Super Glue to close wounds, even after surgery.

I think that doc stole my idea.....I could have been a multi millionaire, had I marketed that idea...the little weasel.

so all this happened before world war 2, when superglue was first used for that purpose? you saved many a soldier, jim.

Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    uper
    so all this happened before world war 2, when superglue was first used for that purpose? you saved many a soldier, jim.
    That was not Super Glue, that was probably methyl cyanoacrylate, which was rejected due to its potential tissue toxicity or local foreign body reactions.

The article in The Journal mentions other glues that were tried and discarded over the years, but it recommended the use of Super Glue because of the inert properties and effectiveness w/o complications. Super Glue is now used in surgery in Canada and Europe quite often.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well, I bet I can guess how Jim saves costs on putting crowns in.

Nostradamas Jr.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well, I bet I can guess how Jim saves costs on putting crowns in.

Actually I hate it when patients recement temporaries with the stuff, it makes it impossible to get them off without grinding off the temps and then the crown might not fit afterwards.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think you hit a new low...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    got any pics?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Actually I hate it when patients recement temporaries with the stuff, it makes it impossible to get them off without grinding off the temps and then the crown might not fit afterwards.
    People actually try to recement their own temps at home?

Do they ever try to do their own drilling too?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    People actually try to recement their own temps at home?

Do they ever try to do their own drilling too?
    The temps come loose all the time. They actually make temporary cement you can buy at HEB or wherever. But there is always some dumbass who decides to use superglue instead. The temporary caps only come loose at night and on weekends and holidays (it's a contractual thing).

Thread Information