Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm looking for some reviews and/or suggestions as to where to go to get some minor paint and body work. I tried calling around to some Yellow Pages places last night and all I kept getting was the "Paintless Dent Removal" people. The only problem with that is that the paint where the dent is has been broken. The dent would have to be pulled, repainted and blended.

The dent is only about the size of a quarter, but it's bugging the out of me. I'm not necessarily looking for a cheap deal, I just want top quality work that doesn't take a week to do. If anyone has any insight as to where to go to have quality work done, it'd be helpful.

The Usual Suspect
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Personally, I would not go anywhere except this place:

http://www.autocollisionworks.com/

I don't know what part of town you are in, this place is located in Schertz off FM 3009. I have known the owner/operator, Mark Roberts, since he was a little kid. He does excellent work. He has only had the full-service auto shop for a couple of years, but the body shop has been there for about 7-8 years and has an excellent reputation and following.

They have done body work on two of my vehicles (both of them were in the shop for work twice) and they did an excellent job. The prices are compe ive and they do not give you the runaround or bull , they are straight-up people. We have had 4 different vehicles in the garage for mechanical work; all except 1 actually cost less than they originally quoted when we picked up the vehicle.
    Last edited by pache100; 06-27-2006 at 10:16 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Before I drive all the way out there, do you think he'd give me a ballpark estimate over the phone, if I told him pache sent me?

The Usual Suspect
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Before I drive all the way out there, do you think he'd give me a ballpark estimate over the phone, if I told him pache sent me?
    Email me [email protected]

I can't PM at work.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I just had my car repaired at Gunn collision center and they did a wonderful job. I went to the one off of 410/Broadway

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thanks for everyones advice.

I went to Alamo Body and Paint, the guy looked at the ding. He said, "yeah it sucks when you get your first ding, but spending $500 + on a door dent isn't worth the time and money." He said they'd have to remove all the molding and trim from the door then repaint and blend. A 3 day job.

He referred me to his "paintless dent removal" buddy. I went to the guy and he pulled the dent in 10 mins. He scared me a little bit when he said the dent didn't come out as good as he hoped. But when he showed me his work, it was completely gone. He told me to go to Pep Boys for a permanent marker type touch up pen to fix the paint.

Thank God for honest people. If not for the guy at Alamo Body, I would've easily paid $500+ to fix a dent that'll end up costing me around $80 now. I hate being so anal about things like this, but this IS my first new automobile.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, it takes a while to get over the new car thing but you finally get used to it. Now when I get a new truck the first thing I do is drive it down ranch roads in South Texas and get brush scratches all over it right away so I don't sweat the little stuff LOL.

Thread Information