Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    My girlfriend recently moved to a new appartment and discontinued her internet service, so I'm looking for a sponge off her neighbors WiFi when I go and visit her. Does anybody know of a program that cracks WiFi passwords or any kind or trick?

One of her neighbors has a WiFi connection called "linksys." I'm going to try using the default passwords for linksys routers but I doubt that if the person went through the trouble of securing the connection they probably changed the password, but then again they didn't change the name of the router. I need to find a program that cracks the password or some sort of hacker's trick if the defualt passwords don't work. Anybody?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So you want to get your girlfriend arrested, interesting...

EDIT: And there is a big difference between changing a password and changing the SSID, although it's recommended, it doesn't go hand and hand that someone that doesn't change the SSID also wouldn't change their password...
    Last edited by PM5K; 08-04-2006 at 02:05 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings

pay for it maybe?
    You think I want to pay $50 a month for internet service that I'll use less than 10 days a month? Sorry, out of the question.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    So you want to get your girlfriend arrested, interesting...

EDIT: And there is a big difference between changing a password and changing the SSID, although it's recommended, it doesn't go hand and hand that someone that doesn't change the SSID also wouldn't change their password...
    You really think my girlfriend would get arrested for me connecting to her neighbors WiFi connection? Get real. They wouldn't even know I was using their internet.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Trinity Tigers
    If they are smart, they have configured their router to prevent pricks like you from connecting. Some routers allow you to specify the MAC addresses of machines that are allowed to connect. Anything else is rejected, proper key/SSID or no.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You think I want to pay $50 a month for internet service that I'll use less than 10 days a month? Sorry, out of the question.
    If I was at my gf's apartment, I don't think I'd be using the internet as much as you...........

Priorities, man, priorities.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    MAC / SSID = nearly impenatrable without spending big $$$ on really extreme hardware.

So, basically, your answer is no. Youll actually have to pay.

But here is a tip...F

Find where the cable comes into the apartment. All the apartments are wired for cable, they just restrict your access by "capping" the appropriate node on the apartment matrix. If you remove said cap (it uses a special tool, but a pair of pliars works wonders, practice on one that sint yours first), you will have cable.

If you have cable, you can buy a cheater-modem, input the manual config, and wha-la. Internet and Cable.

Name
    Danny T
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If I was at my gf's apartment, I don't think I'd be using the internet as much as you...........

Priorities, man, priorities.

truuuuuue trueeeeeeeeee....but have you seen his gf.....?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    *note to self*

change wireless router password when i get home from work

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Man, it is one thing leaching off someone who doens't have a password up, but actually breaking into someone's network is pretty damn weak.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Man, it is one thing leaching off someone who doens't have a password up, but actually breaking into someone's network is pretty damn weak.
    but he's only using it 10 days out of the month........

I guess he doesn't realize thats 1/3 of a in month.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    You're a . Say a prayer for me the sinner, when you are in church on Sunday.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I'm all for leeching someone who leaves their connection open. But someone who closes it obviously doesn't want you in, so wtf?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I won't be in a church and I could care less if you sin, but I think breaking into someone's computer network is really wrong. If you don't, then do what you want man, but breaking into someone's computer can get you throw in jail.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Do you even realize that you're stealing or you can't comprehend that?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    but he's only using it 10 days out of the month........

I guess he doesn't realize thats 1/3 of a in month.

I don't really give a , if I can get the internet for free then I will with no guilt or remorse. Think it is hurting the neighbor? No, and I could give a about the cable company. BTW, I said at the most 10 days a month, probably more like 4-6 days out of the month, which isn't worth $50 to me. So get off your high horse and eat my petty criminal ass.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Do you even realize that you're stealing or you can't comprehend that?

You're right, I'm just a bad person. I'll be sure to include it in my next confession, I hope that it doesn't keep me out of heaven when my time comes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I don't know what kind of responses you expected when you come in here and post that you plan on breaking into a secured network.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I won't be in a church and I could care less if you sin, but I think breaking into someone's computer network is really wrong. If you don't, then do what you want man, but breaking into someone's computer can get you throw in jail.
    I'm not trying to break into their computer, I'm trying to use their internet service, maybe you don't see the difference but it seems quite different to me. And as far as jail goes, how do you suppose that would ever happen? I have router at my place that is password protected, and if somebody was able to do what I'm trying to do, how would I even know? Or even how to prove it?

Too weird to live, and too rare to die. midgetonadonkey's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'd kick someone ass for stealing my bandwidth. I hope the same happens to you.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I'd kick someone ass for stealing my bandwidth. I hope the same happens to you.
    You think assult is justified? Well, then it's a good thing that I probably won't be able to crack the password then.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I'm all for leeching someone who leaves their connection open. But someone who closes it obviously doesn't want you in, so wtf?

Leeching off an open connection isn't stealing?

Too weird to live, and too rare to die. midgetonadonkey's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You think assult is justified? Well, then it's a good thing that I probably won't be able to crack the password then.
    I justify everything with violence.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I'm not trying to break into their computer, I'm trying to use their internet service, maybe you don't see the difference but it seems quite different to me. And as far as jail goes, how do you suppose that would ever happen? I have router at my place that is password protected, and if somebody was able to do what I'm trying to do, how would I even know? Or even how to prove it?
    Dude, are you serious? Almost every router has a list of MAC addresses which connect to it. A MAC address identifies YOUR computer. If their network is password protected, you could be charged with unauthorized access to a computer network which is usually a felony in every state.

I'm not sure how far it would be prosecuted, but if you think you're not going to leave footsteps then you're a really foolish man. You don't think that trying to crack a password isn't going to leave or trigger a log file? Cracking is the cyber equivilant of using a large blunt object to break down a door: it isn't very subtle.

If keep my Wifi network secured because I don't want anyone packet sniffing my poker account information. If not for that, I'd have an open network that anyone could connect to and I wouldn't mind. But if I found someone had gone to the trouble to break my encryption key I would probably find out who it was and press charges.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Leeching off an open connection isn't stealing?
    I never said it was stealing, that was Danyo and Midge. If somoene leaves their connection open, it is broadcasting an open network into your home then I say it is fair game. But what you're doing is breaking into something, which is a huge difference.

Thread Information