Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if this is best for the Spurs board or the College board...

Wangmene's that kid from Cameroon living with R.C. Buford. Congrats to him, to R.C., and to Rick Barnes.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewpr...2&pr_key=40536

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats to Alexis and the rest of the Buford family.

I think he might be a little bigger than that listed height of 6'8 now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though I'm Aggie, I'm happy for Alexis.

This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend sandman's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgive me for being outside of the local high school hoop news, but wasn't he going to go a big prep academy up North? Is he staying at CC?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I read that he's Wangmene transferring for his senior season to Blair Academy in New Jersey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cameroon has talent, es. Much love to my countryman

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Cameroon has talent"

I suppose all of Africa has playing talent, they're black after all. But not the coaching talent, not the league play and compe ion to develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Cameroon has talent"

I suppose all of Africa has playing talent, they're black after all. But not the coaching talent, not the league play and compe ion to develop.
    I am from Cameroon and I am just boosting about it.

Of course Africa has plenty of talent especially speed and power. All of that talent is put into football (soccer). It is just now that many African countries including Cameroon are beginning to develop their talents towards basketball. When I was growing up in Cameroon, the was only one court in a large section of the capital. Now, a few more basketball courts are getting built. As a result, more scouts are attracted towards the area to lure players towards compe ive leagues. Not merely for football anymore.

It's true that the small Cameroon leagues don't have the quality of other leagues because it is difficult to instill something that has never been part of the culture. Children grow up watching football and wanting to become the next Roger Milla and now the next Samuel Eto'o.

It's just like introducing soccer to the United States. There has never been a strong history of soccer in the US. It's always Fooball, Basketball, and Baseball. It takes time. Unfortunately for Cameroon, it doesn't nearly have the same resources as the United States to implement a starting point for success. You combine that with the fact that the president is a dictator ass clown who spends all of the country's money on himself and his family, things don't look too good. If it hasn't happened for fooball, it won't for basketball. But that's for the political forum.

Every time I see an athlete or person from Cameroon succeed, I have to gloat. I will always stay true to my roots.

And I find that comment about how "they're black after all" offensive and ignorant. I'll just leave it at that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nigeria has talent to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congratulations to R.C. and family.

The Big Three Southwest Texas Fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am from Cameroon and I am just boosting about it.

Of course Africa has plenty of talent especially speed and power. All of that talent is put into football (soccer). It is just now that many African countries including Cameroon are beginning to develop their talents towards basketball. When I was growing up in Cameroon, the was only one court in a large section of the capital. Now, a few more basketball courts are getting built. As a result, more scouts are attracted towards the area to lure players towards compe ive leagues. Not merely for football anymore.

It's true that the small Cameroon leagues don't have the quality of other leagues because it is difficult to instill something that has never been part of the culture. Children grow up watching football and wanting to become the next Roger Milla and now the next Samuel Eto'o.

It's just like introducing soccer to the United States. There has never been a strong history of soccer in the US. It's always Fooball, Basketball, and Baseball. It takes time. Unfortunately for Cameroon, it doesn't nearly have the same resources as the United States to implement a starting point for success. You combine that with the fact that the president is a dictator ass clown who spends all of the country's money on himself and his family, things don't look too good. If it hasn't happened for fooball, it won't for basketball. But that's for the political forum.

Every time I see an athlete or person from Cameroon succeed, I have to gloat. I will always stay true to my roots.

And I find that comment about how "they're black after all" offensive and ignorant. I'll just leave it at that.

It's the same with Mexico. Mexico has the talent yet soccer and baseball are considered more important. But Mexico is making strides on finding young basketball talent as well. I believe that Eduardo Najera started a BB program in the state of Chihuahua a few years back but it will take time. People just tend to be stereotypical.

Thread Information