San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Duncan a hall-of-famer? I don't really know

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Duncan a hall-of-famer? I don't really know
    Tim Duncan?

Tim Duncan is a mortal lock for the Hall of Fame.

Ohhhh MommmMA !! LilMissSPURfect's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Manu, what have you done for me lately??

he's just warming up

perdido en latinoamérica ATX Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan?

Tim Duncan is a mortal lock for the Hall of Fame.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Never thought of Ginobli in terms of the basketball HOF but if they take into account all the int'l accomplishments like you guys say then he has a decent chance. He has zero chance based on nba accomplishments alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never thought of Ginobli in terms of the basketball HOF but if they take into account all the int'l accomplishments like you guys say then he has a decent chance. He has zero chance based on nba accomplishments alone.
    I don't think anyone is arguing that Manu is a Hall of Famer based on his NBA resume. There can be little doubt, though, that he is among the most dominant players in the international game in this generation. When you add his international accomplishments (and his accomplishments while playing in Italy) to what he's accomplished in 4 NBA seasons, it becomes pretty clear-cut that he's very well qualified for enshrinment. If he plays a major role in the Spurs winning another le -- and if the Spurs win in the next couple of seasons, he's going to have to play a major role -- I think he will be an absolute lock.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I don't think anyone is arguing that Manu is a Hall of Famer based on his NBA resume. There can be little doubt, though, that he is among the most dominant players in the international game in this generation. When you add his international accomplishments (and his accomplishments while playing in Italy) to what he's accomplished in 4 NBA seasons, it becomes pretty clear-cut that he's very well qualified for enshrinment. If he plays a major role in the Spurs winning another le -- and if the Spurs win in the next couple of seasons, he's going to have to play a major role -- I think he will be an absolute lock.
    I absolutely agree. I was just unaware that the HOF took into consideration all the int'l accomplishments. I guess there weren't many int'l stars when I went to the HOF back in 1979 (in Springfield, MA)-lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I absolutely agree. I was just unaware that the HOF took into consideration all the int'l accomplishments. I guess there weren't many int'l stars when I went to the HOF back in 1979 (in Springfield, MA)-lol
    It's very, very different than the NFL or MLB Halls of Fame -- something I think many people forget. I get that you understand it -- your post just gives me a jumping off point.

Purely collegiate coaches and players like John Wooden, Bob Knight, Dean Smith, Jim Boeheim, Lou Carnasecca, and others are in the Hall, as are players and coaches who never participated in a minute of American basketball.

Here's a complete list: Hall of Fame Enshrinees

I understand why some, who don't comprehend that difference, are skeptical about an argument that Ginobili is a Hall of Fame player. But using criteria that consider accomplishments beyond what one does in the NBA makes that case fairly clear.

Thread Information