Why always Boris?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Red, you didn't like the Greeks, tbh?..

I absolutely hated Ziggy, I was hoping he would be killed, tbh..same for Nick, one of the most irritating characters in the series..

D'Angelo is my favorite character on the show, but I enjoyed his death in season 2..
    You can't tell me Zig getting punked by Frog and then two minutes later by Cheese as Frog is standing there watching wasn't classic .

Or the "Love Child" scene and Ziggy's reaction the next episode (Legend of the Docks )

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I didn't hate the Greeks.

What did Nick do wrong besides put up with his asshole cousin?

I prefer Avon over Stringer partly because of what Stringer did to D'Angelo. D'Angelo, Bodie, and Avon were basically my favorite characters on the criminal side.
    ed up the way Bodie did Wallace in Season 1 though. So who is the worse mother between D'Angelo's mom and Wee-Bey's fat wife?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Of course, it was. But for every scene like that, there was one of him doing unfunny stupid like burning $100 bills or throwing money out a car window.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    ed up the way Bodie did Wallace in Season 1 though. So who is the worse mother between D'Angelo's mom and Wee-Bey's fat wife?
    ed up, but Wallace brought it on himself by coming back. he wasn't bout that life to a certain extent. plus he was a snitch.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    ing Wallace, the downfall of Dee.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Namond's mom is a complete . She didn't give a damn about what happened to her son.

D'Angelo's mom seemed to actually care about him to an extent, even though she got him to roll over and take the years. Her abandoning Avon at the end of season 3 in the courtroom showed it.

, season 3 probably had the best finale montage. I actually felt bad for Avon. The only person who would acknowledge him in the end was the guy he was feuding with for a large part of the season.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    With more time to take in the show, I think season 5 could have used 2 more episodes. Marlo's reign and fall seemed way too rushed. Simon said HBO offered to give him a full season, but he only needed 10 episodes. I don't buy it. Writing and development seemed way too rushed towards the end.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Wee-Bey's fat wife?
    Ugh. One of the most annoying things about the series to me from a writing point of view. There is absolutely zero leading up to season 4 that would indicate Wee-Bey had a wife or a kid or that he would have had even the slightest involvement in their lives. Needing a reason to tie the kids to the main cast always felt like too much of a contrivance (perhaps a reaction to negative feedback after season 2 introduced a whole new cast as their focus?) and kept season 4 from being as great for me as it was for everyone else.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I don't think Dee's mom gave a with her whole take the years so I'm not on welfare speech. I love when McNulty came in and told her she killed her son with that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Ugh. One of the most annoying thing about the series to me from a writing point of view. There is absolutely zero leading up to season 4 that would indicate Wee-Bey had a wife or a kid or that he would have had even the slightest involvement in their lives. Needing a reason to tie the kids to the main cast always felt like too much of a contrivance (perhaps a reaction to negative feedback after season 2 introduced a whole new cast as their focus?) and kept season 4 from being as great for me as it was for everyone else.
    Namond and the mother wouldn't have really served a purpose in Season 1; it's not like Wee-Bey was some kind of family man.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Namond and the mother wouldn't have really served a purpose in Season 1; it's not like Wee-Bey was some kind of family man.
    I'm less annoyed by the fact season 1 didn't suggest a family life than I am by the need to shoehorn in a connection to Wee-Bey and the Barksdale crew.

It's not horrible, by any means. And, sure, maybe if you don't think about it too much you can accept that Wee-Bey had all this other going on behind the scenes in season 1 (though I stand by the fact it doesn't add up -- doubtful Wee-Bey was ever eating at the family dinner table or helping Namond with his homework at night, but he also wasn't a completely absent father based on his level of involvement in their lives season 4). But it's just one of those moments where you can too clearly see the machinations of the plot instead of just having everything fall into place smoothly.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I always assumed weebay kinda got more involved with his family on an emotional level, after being in prison.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'm less annoyed by the fact season 1 didn't suggest a family life than I am by the need to shoehorn in a connection to Wee-Bey and the Barksdale crew.

It's not horrible, by any means. And, sure, maybe if you don't think about it too much you can accept that Wee-Bey had all this other going on behind the scenes in season 1 (though I stand by the fact it doesn't add up -- doubtful Wee-Bey was ever eating at the family dinner table or helping Namond with his homework at night, but he also wasn't a completely absent father based on his level of involvement in their lives season 4). But it's just one of those moments where you can too clearly see the machinations of the plot instead of just having everything fall into place smoothly.
    I can understand him being a more involved father in season 4. The guy has nothing left by then with Bird, Dee, Stinkum, etc. gone and him doing life. And he's really only involved because Colvin is pushing on him. I don't see a way you tie the family into Wee-Bey in season 1. He doesn't bring them to the towers early on when Bubbles is doing the red-hat scheme. He doesn't bring them to the lake trout joint when they're celebrating Stinkum's promotion. He doesn't bring them to the party when one of Orlando's girls ODs. They can't be worked into the scene when Omar kills Stink and shoots Bey in the leg, nor the scene where he protects Avon from Omar. Nor the scene where he's taking all the murders in the interrogation room. Wee-Bey is one of the most one-dimensional characters of the first season. Now if it was a really central character like D'Angleo who has this kid we never heard of until Season 4 I could see the complaint, but Wee-Bey's just a supporting guy who wasn't explored in a lot of depth. And I love the Namond tie-in and how it explains the pressure he's under when he really doesn't want to slang. Plus how the whole game ties into making Prezbo's job a nightmare; I actually thought it was pretty brilliant the way they defined Namond.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 07-02-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yeah Bodie kind of speaks for the viewer when he meets naymonds mom, and states that he understands now why naymond is the way he is.
    Only its ironic because we are learning who he is, already knowing his mom and then realizing who his dad is, where Bodie is coming from the opposite, knowing bey, then realizing his mom is such a

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    My problem with season 4 is Omar eating up time that could have been given to people like Bodie and Cutty. Yeah, we get it--Omar is great, but was there any reason to get him involved with Marlo, too? Season 5 had better Marli scenes, anyway.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    , is you taking notes on a criminal ing conspiracy?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Halfway through season 2.

Season 2>>>>>>>>>Season 1

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn, son. Looks like I need to watch season 2

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Season 2 is so beautifully written, doesn't get any better (well for now)...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Season 2 is so beautifully written, doesn't get any better (well for now)...
    You might feel differently after season 4... , maybe after season 3 too (though I like 2 a little better than 3).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Damn, I knew I recognised Bird from somewhere: he's Fredro Starr from Onyx. Check his verse is at the 1:00 mark below:

Another verse by Fredro (1st verse)

Last edited by baseline bum; 07-27-2012 at 03:38 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Halfway through with season 3. Got tripped up with school but I think I might be able to knock the season off by today.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    I love this show, and I wish I had watched it when it was on. So many likeable characters. My fave detectives were :
    1: Daniels. Tall, Stern, Intelligent and Disciplined. A very good man overall.
    2. Bunk. Funny ass guy, consistently saying classic lol.
    3. Freamon. Such a genius, highly intelligent.
    4. McNulty. He should be higher on the list but somehow I started disliking him after the Serial killer issue.
    5. Greggs. I love that lady and I really don't know why. I know she's lesbian on the show but something about her tells me she would make a great mom in real life.

Criminals.
    1. Bodie. That's my guy, always a soldier all the way till the end. I love how he was one of the few to actually stand up to Chris and Snoop.
    2. Omar. Just a clever guy who really couldn't be stopped throughout most of the show. I hate the way he went out though
    3. Michael Lee. I believe Michael will eventually become a boss on the streets. He's one of those guys who doesn't have a menacing personality but will do whatever it takes to survive. (Tristan Wilds is actually from the city I live in now, so hopefully I run into him one of these days)
    4. Chris. One Word to describe this guy : Relentless. He put in so much work for Marlo without asking questions. A loyal soldier all the way till the end.
    5. Weebay. Funny guy, who also was loyal and got the job done. Very fitting to see him and Chris link up in the series finale.

Thread Information