Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Finished Season 5. Overall weak season but that finale was ing awesome.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I came around to liking Season 2 quite a bit by the end. Still think Season 4 is the best but I liked Season 2 a lot.
    I think I rank the seasons 4,2,3,5,1. Favorite moment of the series is still McNulty crashing his car twice, grabbing breakfast about to pass out at the table, banging that big ty waitress and then seeing his car all ed up and parked crooked outside her apartment in Season 2 I think.

Either that, or when they did that pros ution sting and he was banging two of them when the police bust in.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Don't understand the hate for Season 1, it's still my favorite--aside from the Brother Mouzone scenes in 2&3 it's the best imo. The finger-wagging scene between Avon and Daniels is still a great moment every time I see it. A virtually unknown nemesis until that point

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I think I rank the seasons 4,2,3,5,1. Favorite moment of the series is still McNulty crashing his car twice, grabbing breakfast about to pass out at the table, banging that big ty waitress and then seeing his car all ed up and parked crooked outside her apartment in Season 2 I think.

Either that, or when they did that pros ution sting and he was banging two of them when the police bust in.
    McNulty is just a great character. (I vote here and now for a True Detective Baltimore w/ Jimmy and Bunk.) I think right now I rank 'em as 4,3,1,2,5. But the middle 3 are always flipping around for me depend on what I've watched last. 5 is always at the bottom though. The whole made up serial killer angle from season 5 was just too much of a stretch for me; made me think Simon had such a hard on to prosecute the press that season that all the blood left his head and he missed the obvious - not even Jimmy McNutty would pull that .

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Unrelated, but I am watching The Sopranos for the first time. Really good show so far, and only towards the end of season 2.

That scene with the black guys trying to whack Tony was such , though. Looked so fake. The Wire would never do some awful like that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Unrelated, but I am watching The Sopranos for the first time. Really good show so far, and only towards the end of season 2.

That scene with the black guys trying to whack Tony was such , though. Looked so fake. The Wire would never do some awful like that.
    Mah .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seriously Season 5. They couldn't have ed up McNulty more if they tried. I've still got a couple of episodes to go but they seriously went from the best season to the worst.
    Yeah I hated season 5 too. Omar became like a character out a of a Wesley snipes movie too I thought.

Name
    Ubuntu
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Orlando Magic
    Season 2, 3. 4, 1, 5

Actually no season was really terrible. The show in its entirety was entertaining. Its a hard show for others to watch who don't want to follow the police end. To me, no HBO show has disappointed me at all. However, True Blood gets less love each season.

I also can tell by the acting that the cast doesn't seem to have a great chemistry. They look like they don't get along.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Starting my first re-watch of the series.

Snapback on, OE 40oz in hand.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I also can tell by the acting that the cast doesn't seem to have a great chemistry. They look like they don't get along.
    I don't understand this post. The acting's phenomenal, even with the actual hood s they picked up off the street.

Every character is edgy and angry, but...that's kinda the whole show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Starting my first re-watch of the series.

Snapback on, OE 40oz in hand.
    Damn. ing 8-ball? I loved that when I was 16, but every time I have tried to drink a 40 since then I have ended up pouring at least half the mother er out. The thing with 40s is you have to finish quick, because the is horrible when it gets warm. Well, unless it's your second or third 40.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 07-26-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Damn. ing 8-ball? I loved that when I was 16, but every time I have tried to drink a 40 since then I have ended up pouring at least half the mother er out. The thing with 40s is you have to finish quick, because the is horrible when it gets warm. Well, unless it's your second or third 40.
    I go all out when I do this . Leave the cracka ass craft burr in the fridge.

Name
    Ubuntu
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Orlando Magic
    I don't understand this post. The acting's phenomenal, even with the actual hood s they picked up off the street.

Every character is edgy and angry, but...that's kinda the whole show.
    I was talking about true blood

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I was talking about true blood
    Hahahahaha Ohhhh, my bad, O.

That makes a uva lot more sense.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I go all out when I do this . Leave the cracka ass craft burr in the fridge.
    You think Stringer drinks OE and Ides man?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    You think Stringer drinks OE and Ides man?
    Rofl. Pretty sure he's a tail and green tea-type . I'm more 'bout that Bodie and Snoop life.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    At the very least, one great thing about Ssn 2 is how they on white boys tryna' ack " ."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Been watching it since HBO shows were added to Prime. Season 1 was solid. Then kinda dragged myself through the first part of Season 2 and at that point didn't understand what the big deal was...second half of the season was good though as was Season 3.

Season 4 though, hands down the best season of any show Ive ever seen. I've always been a Sopranos guy but if Season 5 is close to as good as 4 The Wire might take over the top spot for me. Can't believe I waited this long to watch it tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Through Season 4...

Cops
    1. McNulty
    2. Colvin
    3. Carver
    4. Freeman
    5. Prez as a teacher

Criminals
    1. Omar
    2.Stringer
    3. Michael
    4.Prop Joe
    5. Frank Sobotka
    6. Partlow
    7. Slim Charles
    8. Bodie

Worst
    1. Herc
    2. Walker
    3. Fat sergeant in charge of homicide
    4. Most of the Western district

1. Mouzone
    2. Marlo
    3. Snoop
    4. Avon
    5. Kenard

Really rooting for Bubs but I'm expecting him to OD or something seeing how most good guys on this show end up. The way Michael and Randy ended up was pretty ed up. Dukie too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Season 2 is always better on the 2nd viewing IMO..

Everybody dislikes it at first, myself included, since it deviates from the original premise/characters of the show, but after I watched it again, I became a big fan, tbh..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Season 2 is always better on the 2nd viewing IMO..

Everybody dislikes it at first, myself included, since it deviates from the original premise/characters of the show, but after I watched it again, I became a big fan, tbh..
    Not knowing much about Baltimore, I didn't understand the need for it then I saw that the ports are a big part of the city so I guess it made more sense to me that it was necessary to have a season devoted to it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The first three episodes of Season 2 are so ing slow, but yeah, the buildup is worth it. Especially for my favorite scene of the entire series, when Ziggy is trying to act hard when Frog shorts him and then Cheese comes and beats his ass and steals his car while Frog is watching.

Always liked Zig's character and how he was obsessed with street cred like Avon, but Nick Sobotka was a got.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The first three episodes of Season 2 are so ing slow, but yeah, the buildup is worth it. Especially for my favorite scene of the entire series, when Ziggy is trying to act hard when Frog shorts him and then Cheese comes and beats his ass and steals his car while Frog is watching.

Always liked Zig's character and how he was obsessed with street cred like Avon, but Nick Sobotka was a got.
    That actor was perfect in Orange is the New Black tbh

Thread Information