Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Why not just shut the door to the room he and his wife were in?
    I don't know the cir stances. I wasn't there. I don't even know that they were in a private room. I just know that he was supposedly very loud which led to the cop trying to calm him down, which led to Joe cussing and yelling at the cop, which led to his arrest.

Anyway, I doubt much will come from this unless he has a drinking history or something. They (KENS) will likely just treat it as an isolated incident. To me, if your spouse is in the hospital, then you might let your anger/frustration get out of hand ... especially if you have been drinking.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    I don't know the cir stances. I wasn't there. I don't even know that they were in a private room. I just know that he was supposedly very loud which led to the cop trying to calm him down, which led to Joe cussing and yelling at the cop, which led to his arrest.

Anyway, I doubt much will come from this unless he has a drinking history or something. They (KENS) will likely just treat it as an isolated incident. To me, if your spouse is in the hospital, then you might let your anger/frustration get out of hand ... especially if you have been drinking.

I don't know the cir stances either. I'm just pointing out possible alternatives to the action that the cop took.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I met Joe and his wife at a party one time and I just have to say that Mrs. Reinagel is a . Joe Reinagel is cool but I can imagine him getting "out of hand" for his drama queen wife.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    As always, it's the mean cop who should have been more sensitive.

If you're drunk and screaming profanity in a hospital then you deserve a trip to jail. There are people in there who are sick, suffering and dying and the last thing they need is some drunk-ass local hotshot cursing at the top of his lungs. And what should a cop do when a drunk is screaming in his face? Stand there and take it?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The report stated that a police officer said that Joe Reinagel had red eyes and smelled of alcohol.

The officer also stated in his report that while Joe Reinagel was visiting with his wife, the officer could hear the sportscaster using profanity to refer to him. The officer then pulled Reinagel from the room and tried to calm him down when Reinagel allegedly used more profanity -- this time to the officer's face.

"He, in fact, was intoxicated himself," San Antonio police spokesman Gabe Trevino said. "He was very aggressive as the officer tried to speak with him. It was a situation where he was yelling at the arresting officer in the waiting room."

Reinagel was then arrested. He appeared before a magistrate and was released on his own recognizance. He is scheduled to appear in court March 8.

"It's stupidity," Reinagel said about his arrest after he was released.
    More ... http://www.ksat.com/news/11115499/detail.html

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    And what should a cop do when a drunk is screaming in his face? Stand there and take it?
    Yeah, isn't that what we're expected to do when we're pulled over just for "matching" a description? We can be yelled at, pushed on the hood, etc, but we're supposed to show respect just because they have a badge?

I'm sure the cop was in the right this time, but don't pull the "putting up with drunkards" stuff. Disrespect goes both ways and it always will.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I sense a photoshop coming soon...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    When they said he was being loud, I didn't know they meant his shirt.

Give Peace a Chance....Imagine? ZStomp's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The officer should have left him alone. What is the point of pulling him out of the room? Cops are so full of themselves sometimes it's ridiculous.
    maybe cuz he was creating a disturbance in the hospital? People don't need to see that.

Give Peace a Chance....Imagine? ZStomp's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well it would be their job to calm him down if he was being loud and disorderly.

Thanks Kori.. I knew you would understand..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I guess he should have continued to try to reason with the intoxicated person at the expense of people who are suffering in hospital beds. Don't let your hatred of cops cloud your common sense.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's makes two sportscasters I've worked with who have fallen afoul of the law at some point.
    You're what they call a bad influence.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    When they said he was being loud, I didn't know they meant his shirt.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    didn't a local news broadcast a "fat cop" investigation in San Antonio? Was that KENS?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yeah, isn't that what we're expected to do when we're pulled over just for "matching" a description? We can be yelled at, pushed on the hood, etc, but we're supposed to show respect just because they have a badge? .
    No, we are expected to answer their questions and obey their requests. This is not very much to ask.

I'm sure the cop was in the right this time, but don't pull the "putting up with drunkards" stuff. Disrespect goes both ways and it always will.
    And this relates how? The cop was doing his job. And please don't misquote me again. It's not a matter of "putting up with drunkards", it's a matter of silencing a drunk who is causing a disturbance in a hospital.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No, we are expected to answer their questions and obey their requests. This is not very much to ask.

And this relates how? The cop was doing his job. And please don't misquote me again. It's not a matter of "putting up with drunkards", it's a matter of silencing a drunk who is causing a disturbance in a hospital.
    I'll answer their questions and obey their requests if they show respect in the first place. I show enough respect when I get pulled over to pull over to a safe, well lit area, turn off my vehicle and put my hands on the wheel. I don't reach for my id/insurance cards until asked for, just so I don't get a warning shot in my arm. Even after all this, I still get at ude from cops.

When I first got my truck, I was pulled over multiple times. I had all my dealer papers for proof of purchase, the cop told me I could easily print those out. I told him to call the dealer if he needed to, he said it could be one of my friends at that number. And this was the number off a ing printed business card from Domingo Vara Chevrolet, not some rundown used car lot on Military Dr. I told him, I can call 411 and have you ask for Domingo Vara Chevrolet and they'll tell you the truth. He said, "are you being smart?". This was all unprovoked, I showed no at ude in my speech to him. I said yes sir, no sir. And he still gave me . Another time, my truck was actually searched for no reason at all. There was nothing to find, but I still refused. Then he gave me the whole about "are you resisting", so I just said go ahead and look if it'll get me on my way, so off I go to the back of the squad car until his fat ass climbs in and out of my truck.

Must've been upsetting to him that a "punk kid" like me can afford such a nice truck and he's barely making ends meet even by working odd security jobs on his days off. That's not a lie either, I recognized him working traffic duty out front of Grahams. I'm sure he recognized my truck too.

And please don't misquote me again. I suck off anyone with a badge.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    and before you take it seriously or this thread gets trolled, cornbread, that last quote was a joke.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    and before you take it seriously or this thread gets trolled, cornbread, that last quote was a joke.
    No worries man. I can take some internet smack. It's just that I really appreciate what cops do everyday. They've come through for me when I've needed them so I try to stick up for them in these kind of arguments. As long we're not talking about some Rodney King kind of .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    maybe cuz he was creating a disturbance in the hospital? People don't need to see that.

Was there a door to the room? Why not shut it? Are you the one that decides what people need or need not see? When was this rule enacted?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No worries man. I can take some internet smack. It's just that I really appreciate what cops do everyday. They've come through for me when I've needed them so I try to stick up for them in these kind of arguments. As long we're not talking about some Rodney King kind of .
    I just have never had a good experience with police officers. It's good that they've come through for you, but thats not the case with everyone. I always hear, "well who is there for you when you're in trouble?" My answer? Well if I need someone 30 mins later, then I guess the cops are the ones to call. Anyone from the southside can verify this, but if you ever need a cop, just go to the Exxon on Military and Roosevelt, because that seems to be the hangout.

One thing that really pissed me off one time was my fiance was called by her Mom who lives off of Commercial and Military. She was home alone and someone was trying to break in. My fiance and I were at the Target on Goliad and Military, quite a ways away. We immediately left the store and headed west on Military Dr., passed that Exxon full of cops and got to her house and the cops still weren't there. I drive a Tahoe, so I can go real fast or I'll burn my whole gas tank. So wouldn't it had been safe to assume that one of those 5-6 patrol cars would've left that comfy Exxon? I know those cops in particular might not have been called specifically, but 30-45 mins is quite a while to wait for a cop to show up.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Was there a door to the room? Why not shut it? Are you the one that decides what people need or need not see? When was this rule enacted?
    I guess when someone's family member passes away and people started bawling and wailing, it's ok for the cops to take them away, because they're creating a disturbance.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I back the blue.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm surprised too. He's very nice and relaxed every time I see him. But I can imagine that if he was worried about his wife and had been drinking, then you never know.
    I've drank with both of the Reinegal's and I will say that this story is COMPLETELY believable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    I just have never had a good experience with police officers. It's good that they've come through for you, but thats not the case with everyone. I always hear, "well who is there for you when you're in trouble?" My answer? Well if I need someone 30 mins later, then I guess the cops are the ones to call. Anyone from the southside can verify this, but if you ever need a cop, just go to the Exxon on Military and Roosevelt, because that seems to be the hangout.

One thing that really pissed me off one time was my fiance was called by her Mom who lives off of Commercial and Military. She was home alone and someone was trying to break in. My fiance and I were at the Target on Goliad and Military, quite a ways away. We immediately left the store and headed west on Military Dr., passed that Exxon full of cops and got to her house and the cops still weren't there. I drive a Tahoe, so I can go real fast or I'll burn my whole gas tank. So wouldn't it had been safe to assume that one of those 5-6 patrol cars would've left that comfy Exxon? I know those cops in particular might not have been called specifically, but 30-45 mins is quite a while to wait for a cop to show up.

They were probably too busy keeping the peace in hospitals.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They were probably too busy keeping the peace in hospitals.
    now that's believable.

Thread Information