Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Argentina Is Golden
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Argentinean National Team Point guard Pepe Sanchez ( Who played in the NCAA Temple Uni.) Is now free agent.

Why don't give him a try, is a classic point guard, pass first, smart, and good D. On the weak side he is not fast and not a scorer.

Gus.

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's already been tried bro, remember? couldn't cut it. He played for the Hawks, the Sixers and Detroit... and I think Washington

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's already been tried bro, remember? couldn't cut it. He played for the Hawks, the Sixers and Detroit... and I think Washington

But that was before his emergence as a legitimate 3-pt threat....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey! what can be worse than udrih???

Argentina Is Golden
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't remember Washington or the Hawks, but yes, I remember Detroit where he got 0 time with Carslile and with the Sixers where he got 0 time with Larry Brown, then I think he was moved to Golden State who cut him inmediately.

Ko Ko
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't remember Washington or the Hawks, but yes, I remember Detroit where he got 0 time with Carslile and with the Sixers where he got 0 time with Larry Brown, then I think he was moved to Golden State who cut him inmediately.
    He started his first season with Philadelphia, then was traded to the Hawks, cut, and resigned with the Sixers, who reached the finals that year. After playing some seasons in Europe, he came back to Detroit and then was traded to Golden State, where he didn't make the roster in training camp.

The Defense doesn't rest Manu'sMagicalLeftHand's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he has the body to play through an entire 82 games season and playoffs. During his last year in Unicaja he was a big game player, but pretty much couldn't be arsed to put some effort during the regular season. He is a guy who plays much better with the national team than with his different clubs (except for his university period with Temple).

That said, if somewhat he can be motivated as with the National Team to bring it night in, night out, and his body can take the challenge....that would be great, light-million years improvement from Vaughn and Udrih together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have Alejandro Montecchia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but who would you rather have play?

Ko Ko
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is playing in the Argentinian League, and near retirement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm happy to see this thread. I think Pepe is the f*cking Master, my favorite player in the NT. Take a look at this video:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=txBAoqt45ic

It's the final minute of an Euroligue quarter-finals game. See what Pepe does with 8 seconds left in the clock, game tied. That's cold blood.

Pepe did great in Temple. Unfortunately, the NBA is not a good place for these true PGs. But the Spurs could make a good use of him. I'd rather have him on the floor in crunch time, instead of Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pepe did great in Temple. Unfortunately, the NBA is not a good place for these true PGs. But the Spurs could make a good use of him. I'd rather have him on the floor in crunch time, instead of Parker.
    I thought a Finals MVP would stop this nonsense, obviously not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought a Finals MVP would stop this nonsense, obviously not.
    no kidding.

Argentina Is Golden
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow...

Wait a second. As a starter of the thread I would say that this is not
    to bash Tony Parker who is an absolute beast and super player. I am addressing a suggestion to a reserve point guard, who has a different style -more "pointguardish" to complement the roster.

So no bashing to Tony pleaseˇˇˇ.

Gus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is playing in the Argentinian League, and near retirement.
    I know, but he's still a great floor leader and wouldn't it be great to go out with an NBA Championship ring? Drink the Kool-Aid Alejandro!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, we know, and you'd rather have Scola out there, instead of Duncan. We get it.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm happy to see this thread. I think Pepe is the f*cking Master, my favorite player in the NT. Take a look at this video:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=txBAoqt45ic

It's the final minute of an Euroligue quarter-finals game. See what Pepe does with 8 seconds left in the clock, game tied. That's cold blood.

The above is precisely why I don't want any more players from Argentina on the Spurs.

The Defense doesn't rest Manu'sMagicalLeftHand's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know, but he's still a great floor leader and wouldn't it be great to go out with an NBA Championship ring? Drink the Kool-Aid Alejandro!
    It would be nice, but his knees are completely destroyed, he couldn't handle an NBA playoffs run, much less an 82 game regular season.

Optomistic but Realistic MrChug's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've watched alot of this guy and he's a BRILLIANT selfless passer. I love him but he's a defensive liability most plays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The above is precisely why I don't want any more players from Argentina on the Spurs.
    yes, and this take is SO much better than his

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the Spurs could make a good use of him. I'd rather have him on the floor in crunch time, instead of Parker
    Yeah Parker blows.

How many Finals MVPs does Pepe have?

ing argentina.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You sure know how to ofend people, don't you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Parker blows.

How many Finals MVPs does Pepe have?

ing argentina.
    what is it T Park? were you born without that which keeps the rest of us normal folk from blurting out stupid ? seriously! what the is wrong with you??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, I'm just seeing the replies. I just said *I* personally prefer Pepe instead of Parker *in crunch time*, but just because I prefer pure PGs to handle those situations. I never said "Pepe is better than Parker".

But, even *if* I said something like "Pepe is better than Parker", that's no reason to bash and/or insult an entire country. Hey, that's not even a reason to bash me, since I'm just stating a personal opinion.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, and this take is SO much better than his
    It's not a take, , it's an opinion.

Thread Information