My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Full Name: Taurean Green
    Position: Guard
    Height/Weight: 6-0 / 177
    Birthdate: November 28, 1986 (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.)
    High School: Cardinal Gibbons HS (Raleigh, N.C.)
    College: Florida

nbadraft.net profile
    nba.com profile
    draftexpress.com profile

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a feeling that Green could be the guy at 33.

1) He has championship experience.
    2) Knows how to quarterback a pro style offense.
    3) Came up big in big games.
    4) Solid defender.
    5) His dad (Sidney) played for the Spurs when Pop was an assistant coach.
    6) Good outside shot.
    7) Isn't rattled easily.

I think Pruitt, Dowdell and Green will be in the running for Spurs @ 33.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    alright lets say the 33rd goes this way.

Who the are they looking at for 28?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the are they looking at for 28?
    No clue. I'm guessing foreign but I'm not sure which one.

33, though, is looking more and more like a point guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    28 = trade up with Scola?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    How far up would you say that gets us?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he could definitely be the backup point answer after a year of learning the system. its funny, he couldnt be any more different from his dad. i remember sidney being a pretty big banger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something is up. No foreigner is acting like they got a promise from the Spurs. So either the Spurs have gone to new CIA heights or they are up to something they haven't done before.

Let's just hope the Spurs aren't planning to trade it away yet again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing foreign but I'm not sure which one
    in other words, more and more likely a cheap summer.

My excitement is waining....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably 17-22. But probably closer to 22.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know. Late teens, maybe higher?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's just hope the Spurs aren't planning to trade it away yet again.
    More and more, my money is going twords that.

Be cheap in the best draft crop in a long time. heaven forbid get younger and better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably 17-22. But probably closer to 22.
    If all you can get is the 22 for Scola, then I'd hope we bring him over ourselves. That's Charlotte, anyway - I can't see them wanting him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-spk...orts-headlines

Signs point to Green for Knicks
    BY ALAN HAHN

June 27, 2007, 10:38 PM EDT

The conventional approach to the latter stages of the first round of any pro draft is to take the best player available. But considering the past, and Isiah Thomas' penchant for the unexpected, don't for a moment think the Knicks will follow conventional thinking when they make their choice tonight in the NBA draft.

"We could possibly pass on the best player to get the thing that we need," Thomas said recently.

After a 33-win season, one could argue the Knicks have a lot of needs. But with 14 players already under contract, there's room for only one more on the roster. Though Thomas recently has toyed with the idea of adding another pick via trade, he publicly has maintained that in tonight's draft, when the Knicks select 23rd overall, he is looking to get a player to fill a need down the road. He even specifically mentioned a two-year window.

Coincidentally, that's when Stephon Marbury's contract expires.

If you follow this theory, and the hints that Thomas has dropped over the past few weeks, you might be convinced that Thomas -- despite apparent interest in baggage-heavy big man Sean Williams or relative-unknown swingman Wilson Chandler -- will be looking for a future franchise point guard.

Meet Taurean Green, the junior from Florida who was Billy Donovan's floor general for consecutive NCAA championship teams.

Green is by far the most unheralded of the four Gators -- along with Corey Brewer, Joakim Noah and Al Horford -- expected to hear their names called tonight. And yet everyone from Green's teammates to anticipated No. 1 pick Greg Oden -- who lost to Florida in this year's le game -- to Thomas himself has raved about Green over the past few weeks.

At the Orlando pre-draft camp in late May, Green said Thomas "loved the way I played."

That wasn't the first time they met. Green was just a toddler when his dad, Sidney, a power forward, was Thomas' teammate on the Detroit Pistons in 1986-87. Sidney then had a two-season stint with the Knicks, from 1987-88 to 1988-89, as part of his 10-year NBA career. As Taurean grew up in the game, Sidney encouraged his son to emulate the best point guard he ever played with: Isiah Thomas.

"He learned the Isiah Thomas philosophy from me," Sidney Green said Wednesday from his Orlando home, where the family, including Taurean, will watch the draft together. "He wears No. 11 for a reason."

Thomas and the Knicks had Green in for a workout earlier this month, but Green also has received attention from several other teams looking for point guard depth, such as the Seattle SuperSonics and Phoenix Suns.

Sidney said he's "like any parent, you want the best for your child," but didn't hesitate to admit it would be extra special to see his son in a Knicks uniform. The connection with Thomas, along with the connection to New York -- Sidney was born in Brooklyn and starred at Thomas Jefferson High School -- would make it a comfortable fit.

"I feel he can complement what they are trying to do," Sidney said of the Knicks' rebuilding process.

Green would fit easily into an understudy role with plenty of time to develop his game in practice (and no pressure to get playing time) while Marbury remains a fixture at the point. In two years, Green could be ready to take over, though some scouts don't consider him to have big-time NBA potential.

Green has mostly been considered a second-round pick, at best, though his stock has risen since the Orlando camp. Some believe Green's 6-foot height will be detrimental in the NBA.

"He loves proving people wrong," Sidney said of his son.

Notes & quotes: Thomas has considered acquiring another pick in the first round. He also is believed to be shopping Jared Jeffries and is paying very close attention to the Kevin Garnett/Jermaine O'Neal situations. It is believed that Thomas is determined to either do something big or nothing at all this offseason. A sign-and-trade for Seattle's Rashard Lewis seems to be the most likely scenario ... Allan Houston is considering a comeback, according to a report in the Daily News. However, a person with knowledge of the situation said it is unlikely the Knicks would have an interest . . . The Knicks will once again go with the NFL-style "war room" approach and bunker down at the MSG Training Center in Greenburgh during the draft. Along with ESPN's exclusive coverage, MSG Network will run a special NBA draft edition of the MSG, NY show from 10 to 11 p.m.

Thread Information