My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boring offseason is boring.

Who went first: John Wall, was compared to RW

Who should have went first: Paul George, DeMarcus Cousins or Hassan Whiteside

Spurs drafted: James Anderson (wow, so bed)

Who Spurs should have drafted: Lance Stephenson. Why not Whiteside, you ask? Because if we did this over he would have been 1-3. Thats like saying we should have drafted John Wall.

Summary: Really decent, deep draft. Turned out some dynamite key players. Lots of teams whiffed on this day.

Who went first: Kyrie, was compared to CP3. Not a fair comparison, more like Tony Parker with 3 point range. Or Marbury with an IQ above 100

Spurs drafted: Cory Joseph (decent pick that took awhile to develop)

Who Spurs should have drafted: Chandler Parsons to replace Bonner (why no Jimmy Butler? No way he drops to us if we re draft).

Summary: Kind of an average-to-above-average top heavy draft.

Who went first: Anthony Davis (no brainer)

Who should have went first: ^

Spurs drafted: Marcus Denmon

Who Spurs should have drafted: zzzz

...wait, what?

Summary: zzzz

how the did we not end up with a real pick here, I forgot. Maybe thats how we got Jefferson or something

Who went first: Anthony Bennett (LOL)

Who should have went first: CJ McCollum

Spurs drafted: Livio Jean-Charles (WTF?)

Who Spurs should have drafted: Nobody. Unload the pick for a future late 2nd rounder or cash.

Summary: One of the worst drafts in NBA history lives up to its name. However some names have yet to be realized, like Steven Adams, Tim Hardaway Jr, Mason Plumlee, Rudy Gobert, Alex Len. But all likely just role players and no all stars.

Who went first: Andrew Wiggins, the forgotten man

Who should have went first: Aaron Gordon

Spurs drafted: SloMo

Who Spurs should have drafted: Ahhhh! JordanClarkson!

Summary: Very average draft that was hyped up something huge. Many of these guys are already out of the league or trash players

Who went first: KAT

Who should have went first: Kristaps Porzingis. What. A. Beast.

Spurs drafted: Nikola Milutinov (who? Mike Jones?)

Who Spurs should have drafted: trade pick for cash

Summary: Bad draft positions suck. But the reason for the bad draft position is pretty cool.

Who went first: Ben Simmons, compared to LeBron (!) ...or Lamar Odom. Big range there guys.

Spurs drafted: DeJounte Murray

Who Spurs should have drafted: I like the pick.

Summary: We'll see, but hopefully our guy does turn into a RW/Jamal Crawford-LeBron/Durant clone.
    Last edited by phxspurfan; 07-10-2016 at 10:21 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last several drafts have been pretty bad. The league will suffer as its not replenishing its stars. Perfect time for the GS wads.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KAT shouldn't have been first in his draft? Porzingis is great, but KAT is on a different level.

Assume you're putting Kawhi at #2 behind Irving? Nearly every team would take Kawhi over Irving if drafting today. Parsons doesn't fall to Spurs at 29 just like Butler doesn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KAT shouldn't have been first in his draft? Porzingis is great, but KAT is on a different level.

Assume you're putting Kawhi at #2 behind Irving? Nearly every team would take Kawhi over Irving if drafting today. Parsons doesn't fall to Spurs at 29 just like Butler doesn't.
    Yeah I forgot that year. Kawhi would probably go 1-2

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What a ty thread aaron gordon over Wiggins?!
    Based on what some exhibition dunks?
    He is Not even a sure starter.
    And porzy over Kat?!
    Gtfo!!!
    I like Porzy but he is becoming very overrated and at this point is a poor homeless man Unibrow at best ..m

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2013 Greek Freak should've been #1. Spurs should've drafted Allen Crabbe maybe or Goodwin from the Suns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should probably acknowledge that the Spurs didn't have enough roster spots to go around for years, and they figured that their best bet for the draft was to pick stash players that weren't ready, but showed significant upside. There were times that they literally couldn't afford to draft someone in the first round who wouldn't get to play, but would have a guaranteed contract and roster spot - unless they renounced, and why draft someone to renounce them?

Should they have sold some picks, or traded for future picks? Maybe. Did they miss some late-draft sleepers? Happens to every team, every year.

Still a fun thread. Funny to see pictures of a bunch of pop icons and think about how I still don't give a about those people, but I'm still willing to think about who should have gotten drafted those years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porzingis is not better than Towns.
    And Hassan Bynum isn't a top 3 pick.
    OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what an awful take

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to read the redraft of the Tony and Manu drafts.

Nice post anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to read the redraft of the Tony and Manu drafts.

Nice post anyway.
    Manu would have a legit chance to go all over from #57 to #1 in a re-draft, as for Tony it's either him or Pau

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the redraft idea, but I don't follow the logic here.

I mean let's look at 2011

Spurs got Leonard and Cojo. They got the best player from that draft with the 15th pick and got a PG with the 29th.

You say the Spurs should have drafted Parsons and you refused to say Jimmy Butler because in a redraft he probably goes top 3. But Parsons is a lottery pick in a redraft.

So in a redraft you should just follow the draft order. The question in a redraft should be : Who did the Spurs pass that they shouldn't ?

In 2010 : Whiteside or Lance
    In 2011 : it's Jimmy Butler.
    In 2012 : SA could have kept the pick ( /S-Jax trade) and drafted Draymond Green
    in 2013 :SA could have bought the Denver pick or at least made a trade proposal better than the trash that the Jazz offered for that pick and got Gobert themselves.
    in 2014 : Kyle was not a bad pick, but in hindsight Clarkson or Jokic would have been better.
    in 2015 : Josh Richardson or Norman Powel over Milutinov
    in 2016 : Dejounte Murray

PG : Jordan Clarkson / Dejounte Murray
    SG : Jimmy Butler / Josh Richardson
    SF : Kawhi Leonard
    PF : Draymond Green
    C : Rudy Gobert / Hassan Whiteside

Obviously, with hindsight everything is easier and 1 different pick in the past could have changed the Spurs position in the draft and the rest of the picks . The only thing that I really feel bad about is not having a young C prospect in the roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, never realized how loaded the 2010 to 2012 drafts were, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the redraft idea, but I don't follow the logic here.

I mean let's look at 2011

Spurs got Leonard and Cojo. They got the best player from that draft with the 15th pick and got a PG with the 29th.

You say the Spurs should have drafted Parsons and you refused to say Jimmy Butler because in a redraft he probably goes top 3. But Parsons is a lottery pick in a redraft.

So in a redraft you should just follow the draft order. The question in a redraft should be : Who did the Spurs pass that they shouldn't ?

In 2010 : Whiteside or Lance
    In 2011 : it's Jimmy Butler.
    In 2012 : SA could have kept the pick ( /S-Jax trade) and drafted Draymond Green
    in 2013 :SA could have bought the Denver pick or at least made a trade proposal better than the trash that the Jazz offered for that pick and got Gobert themselves.
    in 2014 : Kyle was not a bad pick, but in hindsight Clarkson or Jokic would have been better.
    in 2015 : Josh Richardson or Norman Powel over Milutinov
    in 2016 : Dejounte Murray

PG : Jordan Clarkson / Dejounte Murray
    SG : Jimmy Butler / Josh Richardson
    SF : Kawhi Leonard
    PF : Draymond Green
    C : Rudy Gobert / Hassan Whiteside

Obviously, with hindsight everything is easier and 1 different pick in the past could have changed the Spurs position in the draft and the rest of the picks . The only thing that I really feel bad about is not having a young C prospect in the roster.
    Jokic was a Spurs-like pick and steal...would love to have him here one day

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    1. Butler
    2. Kyrie
    3. Klay
    4. Kawhi
    5. Isaiah

tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Butler
    2. Kyrie
    3. Klay
    4. Kawhi
    5. Isaiah

tbh
    I was saying Isaiah was a beast but the whole league thought he was too short. Serves them right

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slomo was the right pick. Was hard to forecast Clarkson being that good. That said, I've said we should trade Slomo while his stock is relatively high.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was saying Isaiah was a beast but the whole league thought he was too short. Serves them right
    He's not though. Too small; bad defender; makes poor decisions. Shoots too much. Teams wisely lay off him and let him get his points while the team doesn't get into a rhythm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slomo was the right pick. Was hard to forecast Clarkson being that good. That said, I've said we should trade Slomo while his stock is relatively high.
    he's not good anyway. Kyle is the far better player and prospect.

Thread Information