Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can tell you he was being sarcastic.

Do you follow what the regular political posters write?

101A is not liberal.

Ray doesn't do sarcasm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which non-muslim group would that be?
    One doesn't have to be "Islamofascist" to stone a woman to death. This April a 17 year old girl from a gnostic sect in northern Iraq was stoned to death by her people for going out with a sunni.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which non-muslim group would that be?
    In the case I brought up, the Yezidi. There are a couple hundred thousand of them in Iraq, so we should be able to just kill them all.

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You missed the joke.

Just to be clear, I'm against the war and I'm against getting stoned with stones.

I lose track sometimes of who are the good guys.. my apology. You anology was pretty funny..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Properly executed occupations can certainly bring about such changes. Hasn't happened in Iraq.
    I agree occupation is a problem. We invaded Germany; wouldn't call it an occupation. We never occupied Japan - we just killed alot of them.

Radical Islamists wasn't the problem in Iraq (although it probably is now).

I think killing a WHOLE bunch of radical islamists, if we could figure out how to, would be an effective deterrent to them. Can't get 'em all in one place, at one time, however.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can tell you he was being sarcastic.

Do you follow what the regular political posters write?

101A is not liberal.
    Thank you.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think killing a WHOLE bunch of radical islamists, if we could figure out how to, would be an effective deterrent to them. Can't get 'em all in one place, at one time, however.
    can't be too hard to find them, can it?

"Have to check the film" PixelPusher's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    One ing 13th century backwards country at a time, please.
    "...Bomb, Bomb, Bomb...Bomb, Bomb Iran..."[/MIRROR CHECK]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree occupation is a problem. We invaded Germany; wouldn't call it an occupation. We never occupied Japan - we just killed alot of them.
    Are you kidding me? We had twice as many troops in Japan after WWII than we ever had in Iraq and formally occupied it for six years. We still have troops in both countries.
    Radical Islamists wasn't the problem in Iraq (although it probably is now).

We had the main group of them in Afghanistan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can't be too hard to find them, can it?
    Separating them from people who have not vowed to destroy us is very difficult.

You might not have noticed; we don't fire-bomb cities randomly anymore; separating the wheat from the chaffe; that's what we're about, now. It's more humane, more defensible, but not as effective.

We bombed EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE in both Germany and Japan until each of those countries gave up, cried uncle, whatever you want to call it.

There is still certainly "collateral damage" now, but it is nothing like the carpet bombing massacres that took place in WWII; 50 MILLION + people died in that war!

With the more modern sensibilities (and I don't think they are a bad thing, btw) surgical warfare is what we are left with (although we fight an enemy without that sensibility - fortunately they don't have the means to do much about it).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you kidding me? We had twice as many troops in Japan after WWII than we ever had in Iraq ...
    My bad, I should have been more clear; I was thinking in terms of when Shintoism "gave up"; which was when the Emperor (God) did. Before they stopped fighting, we didn't occupy.

The analogy doesn't hold, however, we can't get Mohammed to surrender, can we?

We had the main group of them in Afghanistan.
    I think many of the Radicals were in Afghanistan; but it was far too easy for them to move over to friendly territory in Pakistan. Also, I think there are plenty in other countries and areas. Syria, Iran, Palestine, Great Britain....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Separating them from people who have not vowed to destroy us is very difficult.

You might not have noticed; we don't fire-bomb cities randomly anymore; separating the wheat from the chaffe; that's what we're about, now. It's more humane, more defensible, but not as effective.

We bombed EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE in both Germany and Japan until each of those countries gave up, cried uncle, whatever you want to call it.

There is still certainly "collateral damage" now, but it is nothing like the carpet bombing massacres that took place in WWII; 50 MILLION + people died in that war!

With the more modern sensibilities (and I don't think they are a bad thing, btw) surgical warfare is what we are left with (although we fight an enemy without that sensibility - fortunately they don't have the means to do much about it).
    Like you said. How do you tell the good guys from the
    bad guys, or women or children for that matter, when
    no one wears a uniform and all of the above have been
    proven to be used to blow you up.

One other difference between WWII and now. If you
    were captured during WWII out of uniform, on both sides,
    it was presumed you were involved in espionage and
    tried as such and executed with few questions ask.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My bad, I should have been more clear; I was thinking in terms of when Shintoism "gave up"; which was when the Emperor (God) did. Before they stopped fighting, we didn't occupy.
    But we occupied and fundamentally transformed their society with over 300,000 troops to make sure it happened.
    I think many of the Radicals were in Afghanistan; but it was far too easy for them to move over to friendly territory in Pakistan.
    Yes, because we tried to outsource the job of eliminating the Arab radicals to folks who really didn't care that much about them.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Like you said. How do you tell the good guys from the
    bad guys, or women or children for that matter, when
    no one wears a uniform and all of the above have been
    proven to be used to blow you up.

One other difference between WWII and now. If you
    were captured during WWII out of uniform, on both sides,
    it was presumed you were involved in espionage and
    tried as such and executed with few questions ask.
    that's a perfect example of how antiquated neocons have become.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But we occupied and fundamentally transformed their society with over 300,000 troops to make sure it happened.
    Agreed; but what was germane to my original argument works; about whether you could make an ideology surrender - we could, but with different means than we are capable of utilizing now (at least I think that was the original point, I'm frankly confused; if we need to still debate, get me up to speed, and I'll run with it).

Yes, because we tried to outsource the job of eliminating the Arab radicals to folks who really didn't care that much about them.
    Yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's a perfect example of how antiquated neocons have become.
    Your post makes absolutely no sense. antiquated. That
    was a fact. And it is a fact, terrorist do not wear uniforms
    and people in civilian clothes caught in their situation
    are still considered involved in espionage under
    international norms. Get real in your arguments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anybody thought a better solution than total anhiliation?

I haven't.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Your post makes absolutely no sense. antiquated. That
    was a fact. And it is a fact, terrorist do not wear uniforms
    and people in civilian clothes caught in their situation
    are still considered involved in espionage under
    international norms. Get real in your arguments.
    that's the point ray. their theory of military action no longer exist in this theater. go to a movie house, the drive-in is dead.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Is there a Darfur Genocide Awareness Week? And if so, what would Yoni and the Iraquettes suggest we do about THAT? I'm guessing...

Exactly what we're doing.
    ...which is not a goddamn thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a Darfur Genocide Awareness Week? And if so, what would Yoni and the Iraquettes suggest we do about THAT? I'm guessing...

...which is not a goddamn thing.
    I'd like to end that .

No oil there.

What a strange coincidence.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be in favor of systematically assassinating the leaders and supporters of the Janjaweed until they stop their killling, destroying their command and control structures with Tomahawk missiles, etc...

Unfortunately, the left is opposed to black ops. They'd rather we send in our best and brightest into the middle of an intractable genocide where both sides are so desperate we'd have no ally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since when are Tomahawk missiles black ops?
    They'd rather we send in our best and brightest into the middle of an intractable genocide where both sides are so desperate we'd have no ally.
    Add another few sides and you have Iraq.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I'd be in favor of systematically assassinating the leaders and supporters of the Janjaweed until they stop their killling, destroying their command and control structures with Tomahawk missiles, etc...
    Tomahawk missles? How very Clintonian of you.

Unfortunately, the left is opposed to black ops. They'd rather we send in our best and brightest into the middle of an intractable genocide where both sides are so desperate we'd have no ally.
    If it is an intractable genocide, then offing a couple of chief-du-jours isn't going to stop it. But it's all academic anyway; our best and brightest are already booked in a desperate, intractable cluster .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets see, we have:
    ElNono
    PixelPusher
    ChumpDumper
    elpimpo4cc
    101A
    Oh, Gee!!
    clambake
    George Gervin's Afro

that a military man can depend on.
    But, as an ex-military person, I don't think I will. I know
    they will support me, but not my mission.

Don't you just feel the warmth of their love for the American
    Solider. And the compassion for the women of the ME. I
    know I do.
    So... moving past the rhetoric, and personal attacks that distract us from the main topic of conversation... do you actually support the 'bad' soldiers that executed innocent people? Where do you stand on that? (and please, I could not care less what you think about me or anybody else in this forum, so you can save the personal attacks until you run out of intelligent things to say ...)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you want to go for the head, we could start by trying to find Bin Laden, blackops or not. I mean, it's been 6 years and counting...

Thread Information