Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So... moving past the rhetoric, and personal attacks that distract us from the main topic of conversation... do you actually support the 'bad' soldiers that executed innocent people? Where do you stand on that? (and please, I could not care less what you think about me or anybody else in this forum, so you can save the personal attacks until you run out of intelligent things to say ...)
    decades too late Nono, decades

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to go for the head, we could start by trying to find Bin Laden, blackops or not. I mean, it's been 6 years and counting...
    Maybe we already have.

"Have to check the film" PixelPusher's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Maybe we already have.
    Well, we certainly wouldn't want to report or confirm that to the public, now would we?

I'd be in favor of systematically assassinating the leaders and supporters of (EDIT) Al Qaeda until they stop their killling, destroying their command and control structures with Tomahawk missiles, etc...
    Yep...Saddam, Zarkawi...once OBL is added to that list it will stop islamic terrorism dead in it's tracks.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we already have.
    So mission accomplished. He wasn't in Iraq?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dubya and head have taken the high road, keeping America's Beacon of Civilization shining brightly

General claims Bush gave 'marching orders' on aggressive interrogation at Guantanamo

10/22/2007 @ 1:34 pm

Filed by Nick Juliano

New book says US uses 'methods of the most tyrannical regimes'

More than 100,000 pages of newly released government do ents demonstrate how US military interrogators "abused, tortured or killed" scores of prisoners rounded up since Sept. 11, 2001, including some who were not even suspected of having terrorist ties, according to a just-published book.

In Administration of Torture, two American Civil Liberties Union attorneys detail the findings of a years-long investigation and court battle with the administration that resulted in the release of massive amounts of data on prisoner treatment and the deaths of US-held prisoners.

"[T]he do ents show unambiguously that the administration has adopted some of the methods of the most tyrannical regimes," write Jameel Jaffer and Amrit Singh. "Do ents from Guantanamo describe prisoners shackled in excruciating 'stress positions,' held in freezing-cold cells, forcibly stripped, hooded, terrorized with military dogs, and deprived of human contact for months."

Most of the do ents on which Administration of Torture is based were obtained as a result of ongoing legal fights over a Freedom of Information Act request filed in October 2003 by the ACLU and other human rights and anti-war groups, the ACLU said in a news release.

The do ents show that prisoner abuse like that found at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq was hardly the isolated incident that the Bush administration or US military claimed it was. By the time the prisoner abuse story broke in mid-2004 the Army knew of at least 62 other allegations of abuse at different prisons in Iraq and Afghanistan, the authors report.

Drawing almost exclusively from the do ents, the authors say there is a stark contrast between the public statements of President Bush and then-Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and the policies those and others in the administration were advocating behind the scenes.

President Bush gave "marching orders" to Gen. Michael Dunlavey, who asked the Pentagon to approve harsher interrogation methods at Guantanamo, the general claims in do ents reported in the book.

The ACLU also found that an Army investigator reported Rumsfeld was "personally involved" in overseeing the interrogation of a Guantanamo prisoner Mohammed al Qahtani. The prisoner was forced to parade naked in front of female interrogators wearing women's underwear on his head and was led around on a leash while being forced to perform dog tricks.

“It is imperative that senior officials who authorized, endorsed, or tolerated the abuse and torture of prisoners be held accountable," Jaffer and Singh write, "not only as a matter of elemental justice, but to ensure that the same crimes are not perpetrated again.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe we already have.
    If you want to be taken seriously, you could start by actually backing up what you say with some kind of information/report/news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to be taken seriously, you could start by actually backing up what you say with some kind of information/report/news.
    Thanks.

"Have to check the film" PixelPusher's Avatar
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Does plagiarizing wingnut blogs count?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MUSLIM GROUP Announces Support For Islamo-Fascism Awareness Week

Good for them!

As a part of "Islamofascism Awareness Week", Nonie Darwish spoke at U.C. Berkeley on October 22. As usual, Islamofascists and their Dhimmi supporters have shown their unwavering resolve to crush any type of dissent. One the members of the "Students for Justice in Palestine" claimed that the purpose of the "Islamofascism Awareness Week" is to reinvigorate anti-Muslim and anti-Arab campaign.

Given the fact that the speaker, Nonie Darwish, is both Muslim by birth and Arab it truly shows the depth of brainwashing on campus.

Thread Information