View Poll Results: Is the right to fart at work more important than the right of workers to clean air?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right to fart

33 71.74%
  • Right to clean air

13 28.26%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Which is more important, the right of workers to fart in the workplace, or the rights of other workers to stench-free air in their workplace?

Put another way, is your right to fart in the workplace more important than your responsibility not to impose that stench upon your colleagues?

Too weird to live, and too rare to die. midgetonadonkey's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I fart when I need to fart. anyone else.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    youre an idiot if you don't know how to make just one of the same.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    youre an idiot if you don't know how to post in the right thread.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Silent farts rule.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Which is more important, the right of workers to fart in the workplace, or the rights of other workers to stench-free air in their workplace?

Put another way, is your right to fart in the workplace more important than your responsibility not to impose that stench upon your colleagues?
    Why are you taking the piss? I put up the poll because I really want to know what Americans think. I mean, in Australia it's not even an issue - people understand that passive smoking causes cancer, and that it can trigger asthma attacks, so smokers go outside to smoke. It's a national law, and people have adjusted to it with minimal upset.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die. midgetonadonkey's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why are you taking the piss? I put up the poll because I really want to know what Americans think. I mean, in Australia it's not even an issue - people understand that passive smoking causes cancer, and that it can trigger asthma attacks, so smokers go outside to smoke. It's a national law, and people have adjusted to it with minimal upset.
    Australians sound like a bunch of pussies to me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Australians sound like a bunch of pussies to me.
    Yeah, because only pussies make rational decisions.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well, I feel like one has a responsibility to himself as well.

The health effects of ripping are well do ented and can not be overlooked.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    College
    Michigan State Spartans
    Whomever farts in front of me losses a vital part of his body.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Yes, because farts and smoking are consistent analogies.

One is a NECESSARY body function to accommodate for air in the intestinal tract, and is inconsistent and released in extremely small quan ies of gas. The other is a 99% voluntary addiction which is completely controllable and is produced in extremely large quan ies per cigarette.

Your basis of comparison is absolutely warped and as inaccurate as it could possibly get. Everyone farts because it's a bodily function. Many people will NEVER smoke, because it's an VOLUNTARY ADDICTION. If you can't clearly see the difference, perhaps you shouldn't post on the subject?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

One is a NECESSARY body function to accommodate for air in the intestinal tract, and is inconsistent and released in extremely small quan ies of gas. The other is a 99% voluntary addiction which is completely controllable and is produced in extremely large quan ies per cigarette.

Your basis of comparison is absolutely warped and as inaccurate as it could possibly get. Everyone farts because it's a bodily function. Many people will NEVER smoke, because it's an VOLUNTARY ADDICTION. If you can't clearly see the difference, perhaps you shouldn't post on the subject?
    2-for-2! Cry Havoc, you are my new favourite club denizen!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I fart when I need to fart. anyone else.

Preach on, reverend, preach on!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What exactly is the difference between having to smell a fart and getting cancer? They both suck.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Mexican food is a VOLUNTARY ADDICTION.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I work with three men that think it's cute and funny to fart in the office. Luckily, I grew up with four brothers who thought it was cute and funny to pin me down on the floor, sit on my face and let one rip. So, I deal.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The only time I compare farts to smoking is if someone asks if I mind if they smoke. My reply is "mind if I fart?"

And if you're going to fart in the workplace, do it right. Don't limit it to the confines of your office or workspace. When you feel a really bad one coming on, take the opportunity to meander through your office saying "hi" to your co-workers as you crop dust the office.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It really takes a lot to impregnate the carpeting and walls with fart odor the way you can with smoking, but with enough effort it can be done.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    The only time I compare farts to smoking is if someone asks if I mind if they smoke. My reply is "mind if I fart?"

And if you're going to fart in the workplace, do it right. Don't limit it to the confines of your office or workspace. When you feel a really bad one coming on, take the opportunity to meander through your office saying "hi" to your co-workers as you crop dust the office.
    Does your co-worker fart a lot?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Does your co-worker fart a lot?

Not the one I posted about, but another one does.

And when you saw me upstairs yesterday, I was crop-dusting.

Optomistic but Realistic MrChug's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I should be allowed to cleanse my colon any place I please. If you see me in the office and I hand you a gas mask, affix it immediately. At least I'll do THAT for you...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    New Mexico Lobos
    Women aren't supposed to fart got damnit!!

They're just supposed to be little dolls made of china for me to look at and play with. They are to look hot...talk naughty to me...and nothing foul is allowed to be excreted from any orifice...ever.

I'm owed at least that much from you ladies...get with the program!
    Last edited by Ed Helicopter Jones; 01-16-2008 at 01:09 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I Just Farted.

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Women aren't supposed to fart got damnit!!

They're just supposed to be little dolls made of china for me to look at and play with. They are to look hot...talk naughty to me...and nothing foul is allowed to be excreted from any orifice...ever.

I'm owed at least that much from you ladies...get with the program!
    Like I say...I live in a house full of testosterone. It's fair game.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Columbia Lions
    Can we get a poll on nose-picking in the workplace -- rights vs. responsibilities, too?

Thread Information