Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My professor just dropped me off a subject for incurring 3.5 absences when only 3 was allowed.

Talk about not having consideration. I want to beat the crap out of her outside school.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    She wouldn't be your spelling professor, would she?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Try turning up to class next time.

needs a margarita
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I guess being the Supreme Being didn't give you any clout, huh?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    New Mexico Lobos

Sounds more like the Supreme Being missed too much math class to me.

If greater than 3 absences gets you dropped, then why miss 3.5 and expect to not be cut?

Mrs. Chopper is actually Dr. Mrs. Chopper and teaches at the university and I have to laugh at the "students" that come to her with a week left in the session and will ask her if they can withdraw-pass because they are failing even though the deadline for a WP is something like two months before the end of the semester. The she'll get a barrage of emails after the semester ends from kids asking if their "C" can get changed to a "B-" so they don't lose scholarship money, etc.

Then, when she says no, the kids get p!ssed off at her like she's done something wrong. And all this is after she does things like drop their lowest test grades and offer various extra credit projects during the weeks of the course.

When I was in school if I passed I passed. If I failed I failed. I might of tried to discuss matters with the teacher during the semester, but I never would about falling victim to established rules of conduct or grading. I earned what I earned.

Kids whine way too much these days. Must be the blameless culture we're raising these brats in.

Ranting is fun.
    Last edited by Ed Helicopter Jones; 01-15-2008 at 08:08 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Sounds more like the Supreme Being missed too much math class to me.

If greater than 3 absences gets you dropped, then why miss 3.5 and expect to not be cut?

Mrs. Chopper is actually Dr. Mrs. Chopper and teaches at the university and I have to laugh at the "students" that come to her with a week left in the session and will ask her if they can withdraw-pass because they are failing even though the deadline for a WP is something like two months before the end of the semester. The she'll get a barrage of emails after the semester ends from kids asking if their "C" can get changed to a "B-" so they don't lose scholarship money, etc.

Then, when she says no, the kids get p!ssed off at her like she's done something wrong.

When I was in school if I passed I passed. If I failed I failed. I might of tried to discuss matters with the teacher during the semester, but I never would about falling victim to established rules of conduct or grading.

Kids whine way too much these days. Must be the blameless culture we're raising these brats in.

Ranting is fun.

DAMN STRAIGHT TO ALL OF IT.

In my third year at uni I had lost motivation and was driving the taxi/partying/playing ball too much and not studying enough.

At the end of semester I crammed for 3 days straight, stopped at 5am before my first exam for a nap, and awoke at 10.30am, half way through the exam! What did I do? After the mini-mental breakdown, I didn't try to bull my way to a supplementary exam, I realised that failure was my fault, took my fails on the chin, came back the next year and finished the degree.

Where the has PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY gone? Why won't people take responsibility for their actions? I am by no means a paragon of virtue, but man do I hate all the weaseling that goes on in the world. Stand up and take your punishment.

/rant

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Trinity Tigers
    Where the has PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY gone? Why won't people take responsibility for their actions? I am by no means a paragon of virtue, but man do I hate all the weaseling that goes on in the world. Stand up and take your punishment.

/rant

QFFT

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Columbia Lions
    My professor just dropped me off a subject for incurring 3.5 absences when only 3 was allowed.

Talk about not having consideration. I want to beat the crap out of her outside school.
    She really should have changed the rules for you. I mean, how unreasonable to insist that a rule is a rule!!! Even if the black letter of the rule says that you should be dropped from the class, she should understand the cir stances of your case and make an exception because of those cir stances. It's really not fair at all! Is she married to the NBA commissioner by any chance.

By the way, it's January 15 and you already have missed 3.5 class meetings?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I've never understood why some profs find it necessary to take role in college. If you can pass the class without showing up everyday, who gives a .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've never understood why some profs find it necessary to take role in college. If you can pass the class without showing up everyday, who gives a .
    Another Spelling Class dropout?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    didn't the semester just start?

I forgot my mantra ThomasGranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's an easy way to cull the herd. Profs get paid the same amount for a small class that they do for a big one (unless of course it's so small it doesn't make).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well I've never understood why students are paying for college and not going to class... I mean the Teachers are provding thier service to you that you paid for.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

It's for the best. If you had stayed in the class, she probably would have done something TOTALLY unreasonable, like failing you for averaging 50.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Well I've never understood why students are paying for college and not going to class... I mean the Teachers are provding thier service to you that you paid for.
    I've never been dropped from a class for excessive absence, but I've passed many classes while only showing up for the tests and doing the reading and studying on my own. Why show up to class when I can earn an A without showing up? I couldn't have done this with say a Calc/Trig class but History/English/Econ, sure.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've never been dropped from a class for excessive absence, but I've passed many classes while only showing up for the tests and doing the reading and studying on my own. Why show up to class when I can earn an A without showing up?
    Well I guess whatever works for you. I'm just saying I might be able to do the same, but I prefer the lecture because I'm paying for them to share what they think and what they know. So thats why I always go to class. To me, it makes no sense not to

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Plus I'm an accounting major so maybe thats why I go. Taking classes like Stats and Calculus.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Plus I'm an accounting major so maybe thats why I go. Taking classes like Stats and Calculus.
    Yeah, those are the types of classes where if I miss, I fall way behind and can't catch myself up by reading alone.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, those are the types of classes where if I miss, I fall way behind and can't catch myself up by reading alone.
    Yeah I c what you mean....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans

Follow the ing rules next time.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    College professors are the most worthless type of educator. Most everything they teach doesn't apply in the real world because they've never been in the real world. I graduated with a BA in 2002 and have yet to apply one single course from college to my current job.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Columbia Lions
    college is for losers
    or loosers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    victoria is for losers

Thread Information