No Spurs Preview yet. Somebody needs to step up to the plate. I might suggest a community effort here...
1. Team Name: San Antonio AKA The Boring Boring EVIL...
2. Biggest Star: Manu (Yes, he's probably got the most Fan Cred)
3. Playoff Seed: 3 - 6.
4. Mascot's Name: Coyote
5. Best player: Tim Duncan
6. Most important player: Tim Duncan
7. Better at zone or man: Man.
8. Grade your offense going into the playoffs: D
9. Grade your defense going into the playoffs: A-
10. Worst player: Matt Bonner (I'm sorry Red Rocket, but Pop has killed your confidence, and it's going gangrenous on you)
11. Glue guy: BB (Bruce Bowen? Brent Barry?)
12. Five words to describe the team heading into the playoffs: Yawn, Stretch, Ooh Playoffs finally
13. Best-case scenario: NBA championship
14. Worst case scenario: Blown out by the Suns in Round 1...
15. First player that comes to mind, "Thunder": Ian Mahinmi (D-LEAGUE!)
16. First player that comes to mind, "Twinkie": Mighty Mouse
17. Current emotion you feel about this team: Kick them in the ass till they wake up PLEASE...
18. Team you don't want to see in the next two months: Utah (I hate playing Utah; you KNOW you'll beat up, even if you win...)
19. Team you want to see in the next two months: Boston (Yes, we can crush even more media dreams...)
20. What food best describes this team? Chicken Soup (for my dark, dark soul), old school fundamental goodness... just like used to make it...
PAD300's Take: I yet hope that this team wakes the fuck up. If it does, they are in a good to decent position to repeat. Particularly if they avoid the Utah side of the west. A draw going say Suns, Hornets, Lakers, Boston, would be challenging, but would not involve the sort of Mortal Kombat basketball one might expect from say the Pistons, and Utah...