Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zsnes is by far the best SNES emulator..

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Zsnes is by far the best SNES emulator..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ffdshow tryouts -- A very good alternative to installing many seperate audio/video codecs, and it allows you to enable and disable each individual codec as you please (permitting you to use your media player's built-in codecs if you prefer). GOM Player plus ffdshow is a great combination, so if you are looking for something new, you should give it a try.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ccleaner just fixed several problems of mine namely firefox crashing and system speed...thank you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if your guys want programs that monitor ur computer like temps/fan speeds/cpu etc

goto www.cpuid.com and dl these free programs:
    CPU-Z http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php = give you full detail of ur CPU/ram settings
    pc wizard http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php <<< mouse has already provided this ...all-in-one program very detail
    HW MONITOR http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php <<< TEMPs inside ur case/cpu/video card, shows fan speed...
    coretemp http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ <<< shows temp of cpu

mind you alot of these monitoring programs sometimes arent accurate, but it will show you what to expect....or you can always check the fan speed and temps inside bios....seems like every enthusiasts is using it.

hence check out www.tomshardware.com for any good articles to read if ur into computers....
    Last edited by TDMVPDPOY; 11-22-2008 at 02:26 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any good programs for making video files that you didn't buy from itunes compatible with an ipod?

Don't drink the Watah! Smackie Chan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any good programs for making video files that you didn't buy from itunes compatible with an ipod?
    Total Video converter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Total Video converter.
    It doesn't look like it works with my Mac.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HandBrake should do the trick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    WindowsBlinds Build 6.1 + 100 themes
    A really good skin program for xp and vista with 100 themes, some of which are ty, some of which are awesome.
    This isn't freeware though and you'll have to apply a crack. Directions in a notepad file after the download.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/16330464...100T-Enjoy.rar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay well my computer is starting to get really screwed up, so I'm gonna start seriously look for a good security program. Are avast and spybot program really that good?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recently bought a Macbook Pro, and I am moving all of my files from 2 other PCs to it. Everything has went great, but all my videos play with quicktime on the mac, and I really don't like it. It can't play all of my movies. I am guessing that WMP wouldn't work on the mac. Any (free) solutions?
    vlc is a great media player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey does anyoen know how to tweak vista to run more efficiently or get rid of the stuff you dont need?

for example, how do i turn of that where it keeps on askin you for permission to open/install program, its pissin me off
    i think it's in your control panel under administrator settings/services ect... i have no clue exactly what it's called to get into to change it.

thank god i have a mac!

Believe.
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    For adjusting your Services - Google BlackViper

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned emacs, an incredible text editor (think notepad on HGH+Clear).

I still prefer Vi, but Emacs is nice for doing LISP work.

If you can't slam with the best then jam with the rest sabar's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who needs text editors, I echo everything into files!

Seriously, I use Vim and Kate for 99.9% of everything.

Speaking of Kate, KDE for windows sounds like a neat concept but it just performs poorly from my experience. A shame really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't code in ed like a real UNIX hacker?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aegisub - A nice sub le editor. It's appearance may seem too colorful for some, but that can be changed if you want. It's very good.

DVD43 - A DVD decrypter that runs in the background (works well in tandem with HandBrake for ripping DVDs).

ImgBurn - I switched from CDBurnerXP to ImgBurn recently, and it's definitely a better fit: a simpler interface with more options.

Psi - I also decided to ditch MSN/AOL and just use Jabber for instant messaging. Psi seems like a very good Jabber client, but I need to use it more. Still, I can recommend it.

Sygate Personal Firewall - The ers at Symantec bought Sygate a number of years ago, and discontinued the free version of this firewall (Personal), but it is still available online. After using Comodo for many months, I'm happy to be using this again. It's interface isn't pretty, but it's a perfect fit for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice post man... appreciate it.
    I'll second that. What a wealth of information. thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Visual Studio Express is free for Windows coders now, and their C++ development environment/debugger is top notch
    I feel bad for recommending that now. LOL. That compiler doesn't even do basic things like create a jump table for switch statements, instead producing an executable with a long line of cascading branches when you use that construct. Use g++ if you want a free C++ compiler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    had to clean my mother's pc up the other week and here's what i used and what didn't work...

first installed avast which didn't do crap but waste a ton of time acting like it was working, so onto aČ which is awesome and actually cleaned the crap out of her pc, ran sdfix(always works), and then installed the latest(not cracked) kaspersky av. computer is running great now.

so in conclusion... avast!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's wrong with avast? I'm using it, but I don't really know how good it is working... It appears to be working, and also it keeps itself updated pretty frequently (like almost every 1 or 2 days).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i never used it before until i tried it on my mother's pc. had a friend suggest it to me so i used it and it didn't do a damn thing! nothing at all. granted my mother's pc was so ed with malware/spyware/etc but damn avast did absolutely nothing to help.

all the other software used help me clean that pc right up. aČ is awesome as is sdfix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my machines are already clean, so I'm just using avast for preventative measures, not removing stuff.

My wife's machine was so screwed up with trojans and spyware and hijackers that it was totally unusable. Installed ubuntu, wiping out the entire H-D.

My mom would not touch a computer, and would never, ever email anybody. She only does things the old way...

Thread Information