Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    The DVD Fab I found on a search for free players. It appears it gave me the pro version with a 30 day. I assume it will downgrade after 30 days.

http://www.dvdfab.cn/media-player.htm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Bluetooth. Built in speakers and plugin headphones. Been playing DVDs with no issues since I bought the laptop.

My searches came up with the term "lip sync." When I installed a bluray rewriter on my tower, it had no issues. Just a couple days ago, I bought an external USB3 bluray rewriter for my laptop. It does DVD's just fine, but the audio notably lags on some blurays. Reading different sites have claims that the sync gets lost due to differing clock speeds of the CPU and graphics processors, and some players are better than others. I have Power DVD v10 on both computers. I does just fine on my win7 tower for both DVD and Bluray, but only plays DVD on my winX laptop. It appears the drivers that came with my first rewriter in the tower were all I needed. The external player is plug~n~play for the tower with V10 tower DVD even. Just not the WinX.

I then upgraded to Power DVD v15, and everything plays fine except for the lag. No matter what I tried, reboots, remover, reload, etc... the notable lag persists, until....

Just today, downloaded the DVD Fab player. It works just fine, no lag. Now, so does Power DVD 15.

Go figure.

Maybe DVD Fab had the right time base correction?

This MSI Leopard Pro 486 plays Blurays very, very crisp on it's 1080P screen. Cost me $1,050 new.
    I heard good stuff about PowerDVD... seems to be rated highly. Perhaps the other player installed or reconfigured the Blue Ray driver and it works now?

Frankly, these are the little things I hate about Windows. Install or uninstall a program and breaks/fixes somewhere else.

Good to hear you got it running.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I heard good stuff about PowerDVD... seems to be rated highly. Perhaps the other player installed or reconfigured the Blue Ray driver and it works now?

Frankly, these are the little things I hate about Windows. Install or uninstall a program and breaks/fixes somewhere else.

Good to hear you got it running.
    Thank-You.

It's running real sweet now, and I hate accidentally fixing something, Drives me nuts not to have the complete solution.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disable Windows 10 Spying easily with this program. Literally one click then a restart. It's free with no spyware attached.

http://dws.wzor.net/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disable Windows 10 Spying easily with this program. Literally one click then a restart. It's free with no spyware attached.

http://dws.wzor.net/
    Interesting. Will kee it in mind.

Although, how trusted can they themselves be with this "program?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hosted and repped on Majorgeeks so it's all good. If you're joking I'm sorry I'm quite dense

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hosted and repped on Majorgeeks so it's all good. If you're joking I'm sorry I'm quite dense
    No I am being for real. I recently bought a new PC online with Windows 10 that should be getting here any minute day now. I've read a that a lot of people dont like the snooping from Windows. I dont know if that is blown out of porpotion or what. I shall find out. LOL

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MajorGeeks is notorious for bundling crapware into their .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MajorGeeks is notorious for bundling crapware into their .
    Notorious? where did u hear that? If anything is bundled into the software it's by the programmers design and they will tell you in the description. They run ads and live on donations, also they test all of the software and delete anything that has some kind of hidden service or bloatware. Majorgeeks is the best imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I am being for real. I recently bought a new PC online with Windows 10 that should be getting here any minute day now. I've read a that a lot of people dont like the snooping from Windows. I dont know if that is blown out of porpotion or what. I shall find out. LOL
    There is a lot of extra like Cortana that runs in the backround that it either disables or completely gets rid of. Also adds "notorious" ip's to your firewall's block list to eliminate the snooping. It creates a restore point in case you don't like what it does so there is zero risk using this program.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Notorious? where did u hear that? If anything is bundled into the software it's by the programmers design and they will tell you in the description. They run ads and live on donations, also they test all of the software and delete anything that has some kind of hidden service or bloatware. Majorgeeks is the best imo
    Nah, Majorgeeks puts crapware into their just like CNET, SourceForge, and all the other download aggregator sites. I don't ever download anything with an installer from any of them.

http://www.howtogeek.com/207692/yes-...res-the-proof/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, Majorgeeks puts crapware into their just like CNET, SourceForge, and all the other download aggregator sites. I don't ever download anything with an installer from any of them.

http://www.howtogeek.com/207692/yes-...res-the-proof/
    All MajorGeeks does is host files, they don't put or tamper with the source codes at all. Yes, they have crapware on the site but it's clearly listed and there's usually warning as well. The article you posted cites this.
    "We had more geeks write in defending MajorGeeks as a trusted source than any other site, so we were really hoping that they would be the one site that doesn’t allow any bundled crapware. Sadly, that’s not the case. The first thing we downloaded — some stupid screensaver — included four pieces of really terrible crapware, including two that had adware like ShopperPro and BoBrowser that just take over your system.

It’s worth noting that if you know where to look, MajorGeeks does actually tell you which items contain bundled crapware, as they put the license as Bundleware for those terrible items. They also have a notice in red text in the description of the item that it contains adware, although just like Softpedia, it’s too far down on the page.

Now if they would just make that warning in 40 point red font we’d be happier.

We actually talked to the owner of MajorGeeks about this, and he said that if he only listed freeware downloads that don’t contain bundled crapware, he’d have almost no downloads to list and would just have to close up shop. So he makes sure to mark things as containing bundled crapware, and there’s a notice at the bottom. We wish the notice was bigger, and more prominent, but we’ll have to give him credit for at least trying to do the right thing. And for testing every single thing that they put on the site before they put it up there."
    This article is nitpicking, MajorGeeks is nothing like CNET etc.. there is no downloader or catch, just free programs.

Blaaaah
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well, the code is open, you can build it from source. That is one thing that makes it at least somewhat "serious".

But I wouldnn' trust any webite like majorgeeks &all. Not a proof for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been using this for awhile....makes it easy to extract product keys and turn on/off firmware

http://rweverything.com/

Thread Information