Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, Fisher never hits the deck.
    OK, Fisher excluded!

But it isn't like the Lakers entire strategy is to flop. It is pathetic to see big guys like Horry, Duncan and Thomas diving to the floor when bumped into by a guard.

Be a man, go for a shot block instead of a flop once in a while.

Even I went to a GTG iminlakerland's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I love how he wants to pin point game 6 of that series as being rigged. LOL was anyone really watching game 5 of that series? People decided to do pull ups on Shaq's arms, Kobe damn near got molested...and the Kings won that game...yet no one wants to mention that game now do they.

Texans-Spurs-Rangers traitoravery's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you say....Fisher Foul on Barry in GM 4 this year..... HMMMMM

Even I went to a GTG iminlakerland's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Actually have you seen me state that it wasnt a foul?

Believe.
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    no foul,no game。

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see so many instant re s in this thread.

All the I took for calling the NBA out..

A lot of you ers look stupid as and I'll leave the names to your wondering. You know who you are.

Proof. Today. Finally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyways.

2002 Lakers = *Champs
    Derek Fishers shot = Finally closure.
    2006 Finals = Fixed, although I'm glad the Mavs lost.

Man, this feels good. NBA does not make money off the Spurs going deep. They have been so good over the years they couldn't be denied. I think the NBA has used a give and take strategy involving the Spurs.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    If the NBA is fixed they sure do a bad job of fixing it. Unless they had plans to have dismal finals for the past 8 years, have popular teams like PHX not make it to the finals, have the past two top picks (Oden and Durrant) go to Portland and Seatle, and have tv ratings crash.

Sorry not one of these people that believe there is a fix... and like I said if there is a fix they are really really bad at doing it.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I see so many instant re s in this thread.

All the I took for calling the NBA out..

A lot of you ers look stupid as and I'll leave the names to your wondering. You know who you are.

Proof. Today. Finally.
    All the you took?

I have been pointing this crap out since 2001 at least.

LakerLanny VINDICATED!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakerfan say what? Laugh, what a funny sounding mumble.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I love how he wants to pin point game 6 of that series as being rigged. LOL was anyone really watching game 5 of that series? People decided to do pull ups on Shaq's arms, Kobe damn near got molested...and the Kings won that game...yet no one wants to mention that game now do they.
    You forgot the ball clearly going off Webber out of bounds and then being given back to the Queens anyway before there bogus "game winning shot"

Games 2 and 5 of that series were far worse than anything that happened in Game 6. And why can't won media moron that mentions all the foul shots in the 4th qtr for the Queens in Game 6 ever mention that at least 10 of them were off INTENTIONAL fouls that the Queens obviously WANTED the refs to call?

Lazy reporting, stupid urban legend. Top 5 fixes in recent NBA history:

1. Games 2-5 of 2004 NBA Finals
    2. Games 3-6 of 2006 NBA Finals
    3. Game 2 of 2008 NBA Finals
    4. Games 2 and 5 of 2002 Lakers-Queens series
    5. Game 1 of 2003 Lakers-Spurs series

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryant G1 AND G2: 13 FTs.

Bryant G3 ALONE: 18 FTs.

Ehi Stern, how about some decency?

True, fools want to be fooled, but you are aiming at the foolest among the fools here!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Manu was starting to say something about the 04 Fisher's farce shot.

Coming from latin countries, he hadn't picked up the habit yet.

They must have told him to shut up if he wanted to be in the league any longer.

One should also honestly question the Spurs-Phoenix 07 series, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's not forget 1993 WCF and the Suns 64 Free throws, biggest fix ever.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Yes.. The NBA conspiracy.. have your biggest market be in the lotto for the past five years (NY) and have one of your smallest market win the championship every other year.. THE FIX IS IN!!!! And while we are at it lets send Bron to Cleveland instead of NY and send Oden and Durrant to the Northwest instead of Boston or NY. The NBA.. Fixing at it's finest!

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Think of it this way.. if the refs were helping and this game were fixed.. why were they down 20?

You guys aren't considering the source here. He is trying to plea bargain his way out of jail by saying whatever it takes. He is not the only ref to be fired. So why is he the only one coming out with this information that those other referees would also have? Because it's self serving.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    If the NBA is fixed they sure do a bad job of fixing it. Unless they had plans to have dismal finals for the past 8 years, have popular teams like PHX not make it to the finals, have the past two top picks (Oden and Durrant) go to Portland and Seatle, and have tv ratings crash.

Sorry not one of these people that believe there is a fix... and like I said if there is a fix they are really really bad at doing it.
    do u lie to everyone everytime u speak??? of course not, because then nobody will take ur words if u lie everytime. the nba can only fix a few series at a time to make the fix not so obvious.

and regarding the mavs-rox series, all most of the rockets fans and i have to say is - justice is served and i told yall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part fools. You know not what you do.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Yes not obvious.. you mean like letting the team you want to win dig a 20 point hole then "fixing" them out of it in one quarter? I get it.. Even if the refs are under orders to fix a game they still have to make it dramatic and to throw them off the trail of the Federales. If you let the winning team go down 20 and then allow them to come back and win, I say you are doing the job well. Any ref can call it one sided to make sure a certain team is winning it, but these aren't just regualr refs, these are NBA refs. That means a certain amount of showmanship is required. This NBA fixing is quite compicated
    I can hear Stern on the conference call now before game 6.

"We'll let them go down 20 and come back, so as not to draw su ion..."

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Donahy took an easy target, he picked the most controversial game of the last 15 years and said it was fixed. Wow, what a leap. He's got nothing and is trying not to go to jail. Don't believe everything a criminal tells you.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    AND.. If the NBA was fixing games, only letting 2 of 3 refs in on it makes no sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AND.. If the NBA was fixing games, only letting 2 of 3 refs in on it makes no sense.

While having a single "criminal" referee (official version) determining scores makes a whole lot MORE sense......

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    If this was at all true and Tim Donaghy had some actual dirt on the refs and the league, he would have turned in his evidence to the Feds at the time of his guilty plea and they would have cut his sentence in return.

I love that it was a league wide conspiracy... to fix one series in 2002. Why didn't they, say, fix a series win over the Pistons in 2004?

You'd think they would've wanted Lebron to win a game in the finals last year, if they control it so much...

Donaghy has no proof and has every reason to lie.

Plain and simple, only a fool would believe him.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    If this was at all true and Tim Donaghy had some actual dirt on the refs and the league, he would have turned in his evidence to the Feds at the time of his guilty plea and they would have cut his sentence in return.

I love that it was a league wide conspiracy... to fix one series in 2002. Why didn't they, say, fix a series win over the Pistons in 2004?

You'd think they would've wanted Lebron to win a game in the finals last year, if they control it so much...

Donaghy has no proof and has every reason to lie.

Plain and simple, only a fool would believe him.
    You do understand that Donaghy has said this stuff from the time he was investigated?
    I wonder if you have read the letter that Donaghy has sent to the judge.

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/pdf/.../donaghy03.pdf

This will show that they have been saying this all along. It is the NBA that is trying to cover this up. And in watching Stern who was pissed that this came out. Do I think Donaghy is a piece of for what he did, but do you really think he was the only one?? I really do not. And how do you prove that a league did not verbally instruct the refs. Just like the MLB and steroids, where the MLB turned a blind eye, you cannot prove that they did, but you have the feeling that they did.

And Sterns only responce is that donaghy is a felony and that he is a rogue ref.

Lets see what happens when congress gets involved, and I am 95% sure they will at this time.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    wow you guys sound so jealous of the lakers

Thread Information