Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point it's obvious that there are pieces missing. Will anyone be available off waivers that can contribute? Can we afford to gamble on another player that doesn't know the system this late in the year or will new blood bring new energy to a team that looks uninspired and frustrated?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pieces for what? we are not going anywhere anytime soon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has Bonner and Finley riding the bench, why woule he need anyone else? He said this is the team we are riding to the ship and will not add anyone else.. If you ask me this is the ship he is going to sink.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with a good chance that the Spurs might miss the PO and the look of a 1st round out at best, the chance to get one of the better buy out players are pretty slim. the better will join Cavs, Lakers, Celtics, Nuggets.
    best option might be Raja Bell, who looks for a buy out. but as said, why should he choose the Spurs?
    Larry Hughes might be a similar case.
    btw. does anyone know about the health status of Etan Thomas? he could be a buy out candidate.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to rebuild, youth is the way of the future. Perhaps we can get a 2011 lockout win and start the odd numbers again in 2015, 2017, and 2019

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw. does anyone know about the health status of Etan Thomas? he could be a buy out candidate.
    I haven't heard anything about Thomas, but I did hear the Thunder were looking at waiving Matt Harpring.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody. Don't you know Pop doesn't swing that way. The Spurs will work with what they got. No money in the bank to splurge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Z

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    h + z

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one worth the min salary, let alone min salary plus lux tax hit, is going to put the Spurs significantly closer to the top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either Big Z if he dont resign with Cleveland.... Or I like Von Wafer.... But It looks like Dallas is Gonna Sign Wafer.... So, Nobody!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with a good chance that the Spurs might miss the PO and the look of a 1st round out at best, the chance to get one of the better buy out players are pretty slim. the better will join Cavs, Lakers, Celtics, Nuggets.
    best option might be Raja Bell, who looks for a buy out. but as said, why should he choose the Spurs?
    Larry Hughes might be a similar case.
    His health is fine, but he won't be getting any minutes due to Ibaka's emergence..there was an article yesterday saying they aren't sure of what they're going to do with him because he's complaining about his PT, but they like his "veteran presence" for the young guys..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just as in the OTHER WAIVERS THREADS, no one. If they wanted to pay a 14th salary, they'd have kept Theo. A salary dump usually signals the end of any and all transactions for that season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs failed to upgrade the roster via trade, they're certainly not going to pick up anyone off waivers. Even if they did, Pop would never play the acquired player anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He jumps to high for Pop. He might block a shot too so you kbow he's outta the question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they traded away Ratliff to help reduce the luxury tax only to pick someone up off of waivers. This is it this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh, it's come to this, Spurs fans are hoping to pick up someone else's cast-off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh, it's come to this, Spurs fans are hoping to pick up someone else's cast-off.
    Some team's garbage is another team's treasure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow we really are done huh?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point it's obvious that there are pieces missing. Will anyone be available off waivers that can contribute? Can we afford to gamble on another player that doesn't know the system this late in the year or will new blood bring new energy to a team that looks uninspired and frustrated?
    Is Jon Sunvold available?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rashad McCants? Couldn't be any worse than Bogans...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they're gonna sink with this ship, as someone else said. To them, and probably many here, there isn't a difference between a 1st round exit or a 3rd round exit so unless you can find a way of winning it all then there's no point.

But since Pop has gone crazy, if he were to sign anyone it could be Minut Bol, Hakeem, Sabonis, or Sam Bowie. You have to be collecting social security to make it on his radar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop is just draining the life out of this team.....spurs still have a chance to be better if he gave Ian some min...maybe hairston....but for some reason he rather give up and lose pop has lost his touch

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sean williams anyone? (just waived by nets)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Larry hughes waived by kings...

Hughes anyone?

Thread Information