Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    I'm aksing y'all because I've known all of you for almost two years and have seen some similar questions asked and answered before.....

I'm looking to move closer to work (Commerce and Zarzamora) and have found some pretty decent four-plexes/ six-plexes on craigslist in the Mahncke Park area. In the high $500 range some with bills paid, others with some bills paid. Do you all, for that area, think that's a good price for a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom place? Do you know any other areas within the loop that would be safe and in the low $600s with the city-vibe closer to where I work that would work too? Any help would be appreciated.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just please think of your neighbors and get a first-floor apartment.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I'm aksing y'all because I've known all of you for almost two years and have seen some similar questions asked and answered before.....

I'm looking to move closer to work (Commerce and Zarzamora) and have found some pretty decent four-plexes/ six-plexes on craigslist in the Mahncke Park area. In the high $500 range some with bills paid, others with some bills paid. Do you all, for that area, think that's a good price for a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom place? Do you know any other areas within the loop that would be safe and in the low $600s with the city-vibe closer to where I work that would work too? Any help would be appreciated.
    Find out what professional property managers are renting similar places for, and that will give you a good idea of the market rent.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Find out what professional property managers are renting similar places for, and that will give you a good idea of the market rent.
    I'm pretty sure there aren't any complexes in the area. It's all converted single family homes, if I'm not mistaken. I'll plead ignorance if someone corrects me later on. I'll look for those too, though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I'm pretty sure there aren't any complexes in the area. It's all converted single family homes, if I'm not mistaken. I'll plead ignorance if someone corrects me later on. I'll look for those too, though.
    Professional property manager =/= apartment complex. If any of those single family homes or other four-/six-plexes are being used as rentals, there are likely property managers involved.

Name
    Jason
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Professional property manager =/= apartment complex. If any of those single family homes or other four-/six-plexes are being used as rentals, there are likely property managers involved.
    funt ! did you get that email ?!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Duh. What a am I thinking? Sorry. I knew that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    funt ! did you get that email ?!

Yes, I did.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just please think of your neighbors and get a first-floor apartment.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    screw all of you except for CF for not answering my question. No wonder I didn't ask it earlier.

Name
    Jason
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    well ?! what do you think? was it nice ? am I still a liar ?!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I really need to get out of the MD/DC area. That is ghetto around here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    well ?! what do you think? was it nice ? am I still a liar ?!
    You're no longer a liar.

And, it was hard to judge the niceness when I couldn't stop laughing about her "hoot."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    I really need to get out of the MD/DC area. That is ghetto around here.
    Well that's what I'm trying to find out, if that's ghetto, borderline ghetto, or alright for the area its in. Where i'm at now you'd be lucky to get what I want in a cook cutter complex for $650-675.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I assume Mahncke Park is like a cross between Alamo Heights and Monte Vista.

High $500's inside the loop probably gets you something built in the 1950's or earlier with little in the way of amenities.

I'm not sure there's much of anything "ghetto" in 78209. But I haven't lived in SA in a long time.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    It also helps to drive by the places you're seeing on craigslist. You can tell a lot about how well the inside of a property may be kept by how well the outside is maintained. And, not just landscaping and such -- check the roof, look at the gutters, look for dry-rot and other issues of differed maintenance.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

I'm looking to move closer to work (Commerce and Zarzamora) .
    May I suggest the following items if you serious about living in that area...........

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    May I suggest the following items if you serious about living in that area...........
    guera guera guera guera guera guera guera guera guera guera guera...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    I work in the area, in a safe and secure building. I will not be living in that area. Thanks for the laugh though.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You should definitely check the pro property managers first; some of the rentals on CL may be by them. If it's your first rental experience you may need their support. When I was renting I always went with the pros and I found they provided excellent service and took good care of their renters.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I lived in the soap works apartments you can see commerce street from your front door. There was never any crime i guess your to close to town. many Cops lived in those apartments. You don't ever need to park for fiesta or any downtown parade or events. You can walk to the Farmers market.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cl...num=1&ct=image

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

my abuela's got these 2 items! an extra room too if your interested bee...but we gotta move all my tio's out of there first...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Now that Bigzax has a huge two story house he should rent her a room for 75.00 a week bills included. Make sure I set up the spy cams first!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    don't waste your money. buy land or a house.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    don't waste your money. buy land or a house.
    I'm sure where your from it's like 4.00 dollars an acre!

sorry bad Katrina joke!

Thread Information