PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Inge angles for a lucrative pillow endorsement

misterx91578
06-27-2008, 12:21 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Brandon-Inge-angles-for-a-lucrative-pillow-endor?urn=mlb,90675

Friday, Jun 27, 2008 8:53 am EDT
Brandon Inge angles for a lucrative pillow endorsement

By 'Duk

We've heard about players getting hurt while sneezing, while sleepwalking through a nightmare about spiders and after kicking an iron bar stool.

But we had never heard of a pillow-lifting injury in baseball — that is, until Detroit Tigers' everyman Brandon Inge reported an overstuffed owie on Wednesday, earning a feather-paved (and probably overdue) path to the injury list.

The details, from the Free Press:

"It was the stupidest, most freakish thing," Inge said Wednesday, explaining why he had just been placed on the 15-day DL with the pulled side muscle (oblique) he suffered 3 1/2 weeks ago.

"I have a 3-year-old son who sleeps in the bed with my wife and me," Inge said. "I was trying to push the pillow down behind his head (two nights ago), and when I did ... I repopped (the strained muscle).

"You take swings in baseball, and it's not as bad as pushing a pillow down."

Upon hearing this story, manager Jim Leyland said, "That's a first."

It definitely is a first, but I think anyone who's getting up there in age — like myself and Mr. Inge — can relate to feeling a little pain in the obliques or lower back when doing random things.

Heck, while formatting this blog, I threw my back out three different times. I'm guessing a few people probably did while reading it, too. It's a dangerous world out there.