PDA

View Full Version : Andris Biedrins

twilo73
06-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Anyway we can get him?

Biendrins
Artest
Hill

And we call it an off season. Our team would be very strong next year.

ChumpDumper
06-27-2008, 12:27 PM
That would be nice, but pretty much impossible.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-27-2008, 12:28 PM
I doubt it, if we want Artest too.

A.H 21-50
06-27-2008, 12:29 PM
Anyway we can get him?

Biendrins
Artest
Hill

taking both biedrins and artest will be impossible

artest or biedrins for a MLE will be difficult too

if we can get them no pb but imo not likely

mardigan
06-27-2008, 12:30 PM
I think he is restricted, and I'm pretty sure that the Warriors arent going to let him go. He would be the shit though.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-27-2008, 12:32 PM
Warriors are gonna let a RFA go, but I doubt it's Biedrins.
More than likely Azubuike.

anakha
06-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Warriors are gonna let a RFA go, but I doubt it's Biedrins.
More than likely Azubuike.

Passable enough of a consolation prize, I think.

BiZNicK
06-27-2008, 12:37 PM
LOL no way Warriors are letting go of Biedrins. He's really their only big...unless the warriors plan to go with a full guards/fowards lineup.

Though I wouldnt mind him with the spurs. Good rebounder and shot blocker

Indazone
06-27-2008, 12:40 PM
If you got rid of Kurt Thomas for Biedrins I'd do that in a heartbeat but the Warriors aren't going to do that. They need bigs. They got too many small players. They will trade some of their guards out.

rayray2k8
06-27-2008, 12:57 PM
might be possible in fantasy basketball.

twilo73
06-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Then I think we really need to trade for a center... I'm about to give up on Oberto as someone who can contribute other than intangibles.

loveforthegame
06-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Warriors have already come out and said they'd match any max offer for Ellis and Biedrins. Those two will be Warriors for a long time.

Indazone
06-27-2008, 03:34 PM
damn and I wanted to get Ellis for ourselves :(

mrspurs
06-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Then I think we really need to trade for a center... I'm about to give up on Oberto as someone who can contribute other than intangibles.

agreed..fab chokes way to much...keep his passing and his tipping the ball to someone for someone who can (Grab the ball and Swat balls that are coming in for alley-oops and layups,)...a center who can still jump wouldnt hurt either. if the spurs live and die with the bigs we have now....duncan will have another rough season...duncan deserves better...go spurs :flag:

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-27-2008, 06:13 PM
They will re-sign Ellis and Biedrins for sure.

Kelenna's the one we need to pry away.

ChumpDumper
06-27-2008, 06:15 PM
This is silly. If Nellie has a center that can play in his system, he will hold onto him like grim death.

bigdog
06-27-2008, 06:15 PM
We already have Biedrins, he just goes by the name of Javtokas.

IronMexican
06-27-2008, 06:16 PM
I doubt the Warriors are that dumb, why build a guy up and then let him go.

I always think it's dumb for a team to do that.

exstatic
06-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Biedrins doesn't work in the Spurs offense. The "other" big must have a semblance of a jumper to space the floor.

rj215
06-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Biedrins doesn't work in the Spurs offense. The "other" big must have a semblance of a jumper to space the floor.

very true. which is why bosh in 2010 would be perfect. who knows, after a few years of playing with the ghost of jermaine o'neal he might be excited to get the hell out of toronto.

SRJ
06-27-2008, 07:58 PM
agreed..fab chokes way to much

Explain. Fabricio doesn't see the ball nearly enough to have a chance to choke.

...keep his passing and his tipping the ball to someone for someone who can (Grab the ball and Swat balls that are coming in for alley-oops and layups,)...

1. The vast majority of ORBs Oberto is tipping out are ORBs Dwight Freaking Howard couldn't get. How do people not see this? It's like you people think Fab is tipping available rebounds just because he feels like it. Grow a fucking brain.

2. "Keep his passing"? How many bigs do you think can pass well? And why do you seem to think it's a worthless skill?

3. "Swat balls that are coming in for alley-oops and layups"...and of course, the only games that New Orleans won all year were matchups against the Spurs. The alleyoop is a very easy play to defend for every other team in the NBA.

How about this - instead of watching the end of a Chandler alley-oop, watch the beginning. They run a screen for Chris Paul. Paul, the runner-up for the NBA MVP award and undisputed bad-ass, now has space to operate - and often against a big guy who's way too slow for him. If you play him too close off that screen, he's gone right by you for the easy deuce. You play back, he'll either pop a mid-range J or throw the lob to Chandler. If the backside defender is overplaying Chandler, then Paul crosses over and gets into the paint. Now you've got serious problems because with all that defensive attention, Paul might get to the line or find a shooter waiting to pop an open three.

But if we just had someone other than Fabricio Oberto, this wouldn't be a problem, right? :rolleyes

Fabricio Oberto is no all-star, but he's hardly a liability.

timvp
06-27-2008, 08:05 PM
0% chance.

TDMVPDPOY
06-28-2008, 02:35 AM
its either kalena or the french dude....

Indazone
06-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Aren't there any other bigs on other teams that are in free agency? Przybilla maybe?

exstatic
06-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Aren't there any other bigs on other teams that are in free agency? Przybilla maybe?

I think Pryz is locked up for at least two more seasons.

Just checked: two seasons, plus a player option in 2010/2011

nfg3
06-28-2008, 01:46 PM
its either kalena or the french dude....

Yes and hell no!

angelbelow
06-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Anyway we can get him?

Biendrins
Artest
Hill

dream, but a nice one.

angelbelow
06-28-2008, 03:20 PM
We already have Biedrins, he just goes by the name of Javtokas.

lol