PDA

View Full Version : Blazer Hate

tlongII
06-27-2008, 05:40 PM
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=817926

by Manhattan Project on Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:10 pm

Let me start this off by stating I actually dont hate the Blazers, but the ineptitude of what seems to be majority of the General Managers in the NBA. Over the years we have seen the Blazers rebuild like the Bulls and Hawks, two perfect examples. Teams loaded with lottery picks, but I dont hate them as much as the Blazers. These are the reasons why I hate the Blazers it seems these days.

- New Orleans Hornets, Phoenix Suns, Boston Celtics and Minnesota Timberwolves.

They have purchased two first round picks from the Hornets and Suns. Every owner in the league has cash to buy picks, yet it seems that people only want to sell to Paul Allen. Maybe he offers free anti virus software or something. You look at the 2006 draft, the Blazers clearly wanted to come away with Aldridge and Roy and sure enough they did it. They swapped Thomas for Aldridge at the expense of Viktor Khryapa. Sure enough he was never really supposed to be good, but that was the price to swap the second and fourth pick. With the Celtics they trade Sebastian Telfair for the seventh pick. All ranting aside, how? Then after that they flip Randy Foye who I never liked for the guy who I thought was the best in the draft Brandon Roy. We all knew what the Blazers did in the Draft of 06 was great, but seriously how is it fair? They did it with liquid assets that teams like the Suns and Hornets and Knicks are freely willing to give up.

- Vanna White

The luck of the ping pong balls, yeah simply put its not fair to follow up 2006 by giving the team the best big man prospect since Elton Brand. Heck to make it even worse, lets buy a foreign MVP in Fernandez for a couple of broken Window Vista's. I mean how can Phoenix be this cheap? I mean could a guy like Martell Webster really cause all of this?

- NY Sanitation

Im still pissed at the fact that the Blazers seem to handle every distraction so quietly. Maybe its because they are in Portland, but still how can one team trade Zach Randolph to NY for essentially Frye and a buyout. How does one GM find a team with Eddy Curry and say hey you know what would be great next to him... another big that dont play defense. Now we are talking about Darius Miles, I mean wasnt this the same guy that was viewed as a cancer, malcontent and what say you. Your telling me he cant "poison" a franchise with some off court comments? Essentially be the Anti-Knicks.

- Walk the Walk

I mean how does one team get to do all of these moves and not be talked about? How does one team make all of the small moves and allow it to turn into a snowball effect, yet a positive reaction from it. Any other team in the NBA it seems that if they have conversations the media knows about it and the deal is quickly dismissed. Whenever you hear about the Blazers, they get it done. Its not "Rumored" or "Hold Onto Your Shorts" its... ITS DONE.

In closing I hate what the Blazers have become mainly because every other team can do it, but none seem to be as creative in doing it. Now let me say this, I fully believe the Blazers will come away with either Bayless or Gordon in this draft. Why? Because this team is on the brink of greatness and one of them will help tremendously. The front office will find a way to do it and for that reason the Blazers suck.

*Disclaimer* I still love ya.

xtremesteven33
06-27-2008, 05:41 PM
im gonna love the Blazers next year.....too bad its an odd year

21_Blessings
06-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Bynum > Oden

xtremesteven33
06-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Bynum > Oden

:lmao

TheMadHatter
06-27-2008, 06:21 PM
I think I'd rather take my chances with Bynum who has had 2.5 NBA seasons under his belt and proven that he can play in this league.

Oden hasn't played 1 NBA game and yet people are crowning him. A little hypocritical IMHO.

rAm
06-27-2008, 06:27 PM
http://blkpreneur.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/kenan1.jpg

IronMexican
06-27-2008, 06:33 PM
I'd probably take bynum over oden, he has played in a game before, this is from a laker fan, so take it for what it is. He has some nice post moves and is taller and lankier. Oden does have more strength(from what i see) both players have had major injuries in their careers so far, and that isn't good.

TheMadHatter
06-27-2008, 06:43 PM

http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/16/58/0000001658_20060919150635.jpg

baseline bum
06-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Both are damaged goods.

mystargtr34
06-27-2008, 10:28 PM
I think I'd rather take my chances with Bynum who has had 2.5 NBA seasons under his belt and proven that he can play in this league.

Oden hasn't played 1 NBA game and yet people are crowning him. A little hypocritical IMHO.

Would you rather take Luis Scola over Micheal Beasley because hes proven he can play well in the league and Beasley hasnt.

21_Blessings
06-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Would you rather take Luis Scola over Micheal Beasley because hes proven he can play well in the league and Beasley hasnt.

You know nothing about basketball. Grats.

IronMexican
06-27-2008, 11:23 PM

great comparison.

tlongII
06-28-2008, 09:40 AM
I'd probably take bynum over oden, he has played in a game before, this is from a laker fan, so take it for what it is. He has some nice post moves and is taller and lankier. Oden does have more strength(from what i see) both players have had major injuries in their careers so far, and that isn't good.

Taller and lankier my ass. Oden is bigger than Bynum in every way. The dude is A BEAST!

Spur-Addict
06-28-2008, 09:45 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :dizzy

:toast

Mister Sinister
06-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Bawwwwww.

CubanMustGo
06-28-2008, 11:11 AM
You know nothing about basketball. Grats.

You fucking bandwaggoner. I wondered when your ass would show up again after the recent Faker humiliation.

You love to dish out shit but when the chips were down, you ran away like a sick dog with her tail between her legs. Grats.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-28-2008, 11:31 AM
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=817926

The GM of the Year award should probably just be renamed for Kevin Pritchard now to save time.

TheMadHatter
06-28-2008, 12:10 PM
The Blazers have a wonderful combination of a great GM and an owner who isn't afraid to spend money. They will be a great team for years to come IMHO. To make the jump from good to elite they will need to bring in some veteran talent though. They're still a little too young at the moment, gonna need at least 2-3 years before they will contend IMHO.

manufor3
06-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Both are damaged goods.

yep

RonMexico
06-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Paul Allen is the Anti-Robert Sarver. And for that reason, we do not have Rudy Fernandez waiting in the wings.

IronMexican
06-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Taller and lankier my ass. Oden is bigger than Bynum in every way. The dude is A BEAST!

if you really don't believe that Bynum is taller, then i wont waste my time with
you're blind homerism.

bostonguy
06-28-2008, 04:14 PM
When Oden can actually stay healthy, thats when the Blazers will be scary good. They will just be a nice team battling for a playoff spot if he cant overcome his injury prone problems. I love the team they put together but them being a potiential great team hinges on Oden staying healthy for an 82 game season.

mystargtr34
06-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Id say Bynum has about an inch on Oden in terms of height and standing reach... but Oden is definately more explosive of the two and a little more agile.