PDA

View Full Version : Lil Wayne?

PeterBurns
06-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Okay, was a serious big fan of his. Since the 400 Degreez, Juvenile CD.

But kid has got out of control.

Shooter was a good track, so was I'm Me.
But, he's getting a little wacked out lately.

2 Cents...

Kori Ellis
06-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Do you still need me to call you back? (sorry I didn't see the message til now)

BRHornet45
06-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Do you still need me to call you back? (sorry I didn't see the message til now)

Kori ... my lady. return my call NOW

Sausage
06-27-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm not sure about his other stuff, but the Lollipop remix with Kanye West is amazing. I can't ever get tired of that song.

mavs>spurs2
06-27-2008, 09:46 PM
"I lost my Mickey Mouse socks in the hurricane" :lmao

dKCTdOO3qGA

timvp
07-13-2008, 03:39 AM
Damn, I didn't realize how blown up Lil' Wayne is these days. I turned on the radio for the first time in forever and literally like eight out of ten songs either were Weezy songs or featuring Weezy. He did go pop but can't blame him for using his talents to get tha money.

I've been a fan since he was 11 years old (no pedo) and dropped True Story. His Lights Out in 1999 is still one of my favorite albums ever.

But ya his pop songs are wack but that's the kind of crap that sells. I give him props for hitting it big :tu

InRareForm
07-13-2008, 08:44 AM
Can't stand the guy now. Loved the Carter 2, and still do, but the guy is getting annoying.

stretch
07-13-2008, 09:56 AM
massively overrated. lives COMPLETELY off of punchlines (which i admit he has some very hot punchlines). the majority of his music has no substance.

Lupe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wayne

dickface
07-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Lil' Wayne is pure music anthrax.

InRareForm
07-13-2008, 10:42 AM
it is funny when people actually believe he is the best rapper alive.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

timvp
07-13-2008, 02:41 PM
ROFL at people basing his talent off songs that are on the radio.

Lupe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wayne

Lupe is a flamer who is only marginally talented at nerd rap. If I wanted to listen to songs about skateboards and star track I'd listen to Blink 185 or some ish.

stretch
07-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Lupe is a flamer who is only marginally talented at nerd rap. If I wanted to listen to songs about skateboards and star track I'd listen to Blink 185 or some ish.

You very obviously don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

timvp
07-13-2008, 06:05 PM
I like skateboarding and star track.

monosylab1k
07-13-2008, 06:08 PM
ROFL at timvp basing Lupe's talent off songs that are occasionally on the radio.

monosylab1k
07-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Anybody who thinks Lil' Wayne is better than Lupe at anything beyond brainless hood rat bullshit pop rap either doesn't know hip hop or enjoys being ignorant.

Lil' Wayne is the very definition of everything that is wrong with rap music today.

mavs>spurs2
07-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Lil wayne's new shit is retarded..major reason why I won't even listen to the radio

dirk4mvp
07-13-2008, 07:04 PM
it is funny when people actually believe he is the best rapper alive.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

at very least, he's by far the best mainstream rapper.

timvp
07-13-2008, 07:29 PM
ROFL at timvp basing Lupe's talent off songs that are occasionally on the radio.Bish, I've never heard Lupe on the radio. I listen to radio hip hop so infrequently that I wouldn't know if he's on there or not.

But seriously, with everyone all over Lupe's nuts the last year I decided to download just about every track he was ever on. I left it in my mix for about two months and the ish was weak as hell. I ended up deleted all the songs save for about three which were pretty decent. But for as much pub as Lupe got for being the next big thing, I was surprised by how lame he is. Wack voice, no presence, mediocre flows and rhyme schemes, and not overly deep. For a supposed intellectual artist, his ish is severely dull.

Compared to radio rap, yeah he's good -- but listening to a deaf person sing country music is good compared to radio rap. I know white people turn all emo when someone says Lupe is weak but that's probably because they enjoy listening to songs about skateboarding, anime, star track, comic books, video games, cult movies, cartoons and the such. I've never stood on a skateboard so maybe I'm missing some deep message about the skateboarding world when he mentions it in every third song ... who knows. All I know is this flavor of the month bligger is going to have an even shorter shelf life than your average flavor of the month artist. He doesn't have any redeeming qualities that will keep him popular once he goes even more pop.

I mean if you want intellectual hip hop, comparing Lupe to someone like Ras Kass is like comparing Jason Terry to Michael Jordan.

Anybody who thinks Lil' Wayne is better than Lupe at anything beyond brainless hood rat bullshit pop rap either doesn't know hip hop or enjoys being ignorant.

Lil' Wayne is the very definition of everything that is wrong with rap music today.Lil' Wayne went pop in about 2001. 500 Degreez was pop and I stopped downloading any of his new releases. But from 1993 to 2000, Weezy was one of the best artists of the south. True Story in 1993 was awesome and Lights Out in 2000 was his best work. I admit he went pop and his radio songs suck but 99.999% of artists in ever genre go pop and end up sucking. That Weezy was good for seven years is longer than most can claim.

The only way an artist doesn't go pop and start sucking is if they die. If someone like Kurt Cobain were alive today he'd probably have a reality show or some ish and his hardcore fans today would have disowned him. Same for Biggie, 2pac and any other dead legend.

Lil' Wayne is cashing in on women and children buying his albums ... so good for him. I don't listen to it but it doesn't mean his old ish got worse. Going back to Lupe, the fruit isn't even talented enough to go pop and become mainstream famous so you probably don't even have to worry about that. Someone like Nas went pop but then went back and released a classic like Stillmatic to prove he still had it. Lupe will flame out before he ever even has a chance to go pop and come back.

Lil wayne's new shit is retarded..major reason why I won't even listen to the radioAgreed. But it sells. Real hip hop doesn't sell.

As Ras said...

I write truly fat shit for the core audience
But sometimes I wonder does it really exist?
Cuz true lyricists in hip-hop Joe Public be dissin
Niggas don't relate
Elevate and its treated like elevator music
Cuz' nigga don't listen
But ridicule is the burden of genius
Have you ever seen this socioeconomic guillotine rip?
A nigga's hopes and dreams
And now I'm lead to believe that life is all about CREAM
I'm living a life idealistically principle over profit
But realistically good intentions are microscopic to fat pockets
Exploitation is world's oldest occupation
And it's the task of Jamaican chicken when a nigga gets jerked
Causing me to revert to verses -
Versus snapping like your neighborhood post office worker
(Before the Source and Rap Pages)
Niggas said my rhyme wasn't fly now I have the juice like Omar Epps
And crooked I
Fools be on my dick like foreskin
But what before then, so now when niggas prop me I'm skeptical
Becuz this rap shit is extremely unethical

Fillmoe
07-13-2008, 07:32 PM
lil waynes a bum...

Sense
07-13-2008, 07:33 PM

Lil' Wayne is the very definition of everything that is wrong with rap music today.

I completely agree....

I'm slowly by the day starting to dislike rap music because of people like Lil' Wayne.. but more importantly.. the people supporting his shit

Fillmoe
07-13-2008, 07:35 PM
lupe is boring to me... i mean there was some dope tracks on the cool but after about the first week it came out i havent gone back and listened to it....

timvp
07-13-2008, 07:38 PM
I completely agree....

I'm slowly by the day starting to dislike rap music because of people like Lil' Wayne.. but more importantly.. the people supporting his shitWho supports his new ish other than preteen females?

dirk4mvp
07-13-2008, 07:40 PM
The only way an artist doesn't go pop and start sucking is if they die. If someone like Kurt Cobain were alive today he'd probably have a reality show or some ish and his hardcore fans today would have disowned him. Same for Biggie, 2pac and any other dead legend.

good point. kobain would definately have already made songs with panic at the disco and john mayer by now.

dirk4mvp
07-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Who supports his new ish other than preteen females?

preteen males who want to be just like him.

Fillmoe
07-13-2008, 07:45 PM
J3Sd2gDkSV8

best track on stillmatic

Pistons < Spurs
07-13-2008, 07:52 PM
But seriously, with everyone all over Lupe's nuts the last year I decided to download just about every track he was ever on. I left it in my mix for about two months and the ish was weak as hell. I ended up deleted all the songs

:clap

Finally... someone who doesn't like Lupe!!!!

After seeing everyone go on and on about his shit in the Hip Hop thread, I decided to DL all his stuff like you did, and came away hugely disappointed. There was a track or two that was alright ... but overall I couldn't get into it. 3 months later I dumped it all.

monosylab1k
07-13-2008, 08:04 PM
I mean if you want intellectual hip hop, comparing Lupe to someone like Ras Kass is like comparing Jason Terry to Michael Jordan.

lolololol calling Ras Kass an intellectual rapper is like calling Dirk a post player.

Hint: if you've ever gotten into "beef" with a rapper like The Game, you may not be quite the intellectual you think you are.

timvp
07-13-2008, 08:12 PM
lolololol calling Ras Kass an intellectual rapper is like calling Dirk a post player.

Hint: if you've ever gotten into "beef" with a rapper like The Game, you may not be quite the intellectual you think you are.ROFL. Did you start listening to hip hop in like 2006? WTF? Post Lupe's best verse and I can post ten Ras Kass versus that will destroy it.

Just because a rapper changes it up to try to sell records doesn't mean the talent disappears. And just because Lupe raps about skateboards rather than getting into fake beef doesn't make him anymore intellectual.

atxrocker
07-13-2008, 08:14 PM
what in the fuck? how in the fuck did a thread about how shitty lil wayne is turn into a bash lupe thread ? jesus chris, wayne apologists are getting desperate.

timvp
07-13-2008, 08:15 PM
:clap

Finally... someone who doesn't like Lupe!!!!

After seeing everyone go on and on about his shit in the Hip Hop thread, I decided to DL all his stuff like you did, and came away hugely disappointed. There was a track or two that was alright ... but overall I couldn't get into it. 3 months later I dumped it all.Yeah I just don't get the internet hype Lupe gets. He's like a poor man's Kanye West ... and Kanye is overrated as it is.

Fillmoe
07-13-2008, 08:16 PM
RAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY!

Y2hDLrT6Il8

monosylab1k
07-13-2008, 08:16 PM
And just because Lupe raps about skateboards rather than getting into fake beef doesn't make him anymore intellectual.

Lupe's written one song about skateboards. And it's not even about skateboards. Not at all.

Ras Kass wrote one line that kills anything halfway intelligent he might have accidentally spit -

"Understand all whites must be perceived as potential predators"

Anybody who can write a song as misguided and hateful as Nature can't possibly be considered intelligent.

Fillmoe
07-13-2008, 08:17 PM
And Spit Poison Like Devo Biv Bell!

timvp
07-13-2008, 08:17 PM
what in the fuck? how in the fuck did a thread about how shitty lil wayne is turn into a bash lupe thread ? jesus chris, wayne apologists are getting desperate.A Weezy apologist wouldn't say he has sucked for the last seven years. I don't see anyone in this thread saying his new stuff is good. Lupe Fan threw his name out there, not the non-existent modern day Wayne Fan.

Pistons < Spurs
07-13-2008, 08:22 PM
and Kanye is overrated as it is.
QFT

timvp
07-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Lupe's written one song about skateboards. And it's not even about skateboards. Not at all.He talks about skateboard and skateboard lingo in a bunch of songs. And that "one song" happened to be the song that got most Lupe Fans all hot and bothered to begin with. Kick and Push or whatever that wack track was called.

Ras Kass wrote one line that kills anything halfway intelligent he might have accidentally spit -

"Understand all whites must be perceived as potential predators"

Anybody who can write a song as misguided and hateful as Nature can't possibly be considered intelligent.

Awwww :cry

Would you have rather he rapped "Understand all hand rails must be perceived as potential skateboard targets"?

Seriously though, you took that out of context.

When slaves came here whites would take a
pregnant women, hang her from a tree by her toes
Slice her stomach with a knife
and let the unborn baby fall to the floor
And stomp an unborn child in front of all the slaves
to inbreed fear, so they'd be scared and behave
and not rebel more
Understand all whites must be perceived as potential predators
The last line is explaining why the slave owners did what they did. Which is true. They scared slaves into believing that the masters were vicious predators so they'd work the fields and not ask any questions. What is factually incorrect about that?

He's talking about slave owners, not Lupe fans :rollin

resistanze
07-13-2008, 08:33 PM
iVkJnh7kxPA
Rassy is the shit.

InRareForm
07-13-2008, 10:38 PM
People who haven't listened to Lupe's mixtapes have no right to critique. And if you say he still sucks, you are lying about getting his mixtape stuff.

lupe is a breath of fresh air. Don't understand the hate at all. In the world of hip hop being in a dissarray, some actual skill at the mainstream level is a GREAT thing.

aQiDMIdimVE

InRareForm
07-13-2008, 10:42 PM
"cuz if you go platinum, it's got nothing to do with luck
it just means that a million people are stupid as fuck"

- immortal technique

stop using the "skateboard" crutch too..

Fillmoe
07-13-2008, 10:55 PM
lol... i used to have that technique quote as my sig for the longest time on this forum.....

dirk4mvp
07-13-2008, 11:00 PM
lol... i used to have that technique quote as my sig for the longest time on this forum.....

who cares?

Fillmoe
07-13-2008, 11:01 PM
you bitch... SHUT UR MOUTH!

PeterBurns
07-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Sweet lord baby jesus.

I've got no problem. TIMVP has tried to get me into Ras Kass.
Didn't really dive into it.

I think both Kayne and Lupe are good, and I have to say, that since my original posts about Lil Wayne, I've turned the corner, and really like his new stuff.

dirk4mvp
07-14-2008, 12:06 AM
Sweet lord baby jesus.

I've got no problem. TIMVP has tried to get me into Ras Kass.
Didn't really dive into it.

I think both Kayne and Lupe are good, and I have to say, that since my original posts about Lil Wayne, I've turned the corner, and really like his new stuff.

Do you like Tha Carter 3?

mavs>spurs2
07-14-2008, 12:22 AM
:vomit:

Fillmoe
07-14-2008, 12:23 AM
lol at people still spelling kanyes name wrong

timvp
07-14-2008, 12:34 AM
People who haven't listened to Lupe's mixtapes have no right to critique. And if you say he still sucks, you are lying about getting his mixtape stuff.

lupe is a breath of fresh air. Don't understand the hate at all. In the world of hip hop being in a dissarray, some actual skill at the mainstream level is a GREAT thing.

aQiDMIdimVEFirst of all, the songs I downloaded included tracks off mixtapes.

Second of all, the world of hip hop really isn't in disarray. It's more like radio rap sucks and a lot of weak crap like Lupe gets hot for no reason. Radio rap is getting worse and worse because rappers and producers have figured out that you market songs to preteens and E poppin' club goers to sell the most records. Talent has been replaced by whoever can manufacture the most annoying chorus that can become the next big hit. That said, the underground is still strong and the talent is still there. You just have to dig deeper than before.

And third of all, that Lupe song is a classic example of how overrated he is. Please tell me anything that is good about that track. Production was pretty good but everything besides that is mediocre. Voice and flow mediocre at best. Lyrics meant nothing. Dennis the Menace and Sesame Street mentions ... wow :jack

Seriously, what lyric, line or rhyme scheme makes that anything more than just a run of the mill average forgettable song? Was it the chorus:

"Now thats L as in little. U as in opposite of me and P as in pistolin' and E as in ... E".

That's the kind of horrible ish that give hip hop a bad name. This is supposedly Lupe's best work and he goes with a dumbed down nursery rhyme as the chorus. "E as in E". How many hours did it take this supposed hip hop rising star to come up with that line? And of course, he mixes in a skateboarding line up in that boring azz song.

Seriously, Lupe >>>>> radio rap but that isn't saying much. If you like hip hop where the rapper name drops things like the Revenge of the Nerds movie and Sesame Street and Transformers and crap like that, then yeah I guess Lupe is for you. But beyond that, I'm waiting for a Lupe fan to point to anything that suggests he's above average in any aspect of hip hop.

InRareForm
07-14-2008, 12:37 AM
that wasn;t his best i was showing.

just good songs i am showing, theres good lyrics in there, i don't see why the hate ignores that.

here is a deep wordplay song that not many can match:

1pPeecR7d_w

Fillmoe
07-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Hip Hop is still here... you just gotta search harder for it, and you damn sure aint gonna find it on the radio

Fillmoe
07-14-2008, 02:08 AM
PxqUHp4YFL4

i miss gangstarr

Fillmoe
07-14-2008, 02:12 AM
lH3hrtp1T84

Fillmoe
07-14-2008, 02:12 AM
GSszWXkDHa8

stretch
07-14-2008, 01:02 PM
:lmao at timvp still thinking he knows what the fuck he is talking about

InRareForm
07-14-2008, 01:49 PM
fillmoe you heard this remix by KNO with young buck?

nTkDwc0Tu3Q

monosylab1k
07-14-2008, 02:01 PM
He talks about skateboard and skateboard lingo in a bunch of songs.

Care to enlighten me on all those songs? Because Lupe himself has said he's not a big skateboarder and that Kick, Push was entirely a metaphor. He might use that lingo occasionally, but does that mean that every time someone raps about killing somebody, it automatically means they're a serial killer? But nice try.

And Ras Kass is a racist.

DannyT
07-14-2008, 02:21 PM
First of all, the songs I downloaded included tracks off mixtapes.

Second of all, the world of hip hop really isn't in disarray. It's more like radio rap sucks and a lot of weak crap like Lupe gets hot for no reason. Radio rap is getting worse and worse because rappers and producers have figured out that you market songs to preteens and E poppin' club goers to sell the most records. Talent has been replaced by whoever can manufacture the most annoying chorus that can become the next big hit. That said, the underground is still strong and the talent is still there. You just have to dig deeper than before.

And third of all, that Lupe song is a classic example of how overrated he is. Please tell me anything that is good about that track. Production was pretty good but everything besides that is mediocre. Voice and flow mediocre at best. Lyrics meant nothing. Dennis the Menace and Sesame Street mentions ... wow :jack

Seriously, what lyric, line or rhyme scheme makes that anything more than just a run of the mill average forgettable song? Was it the chorus:

"Now thats L as in little. U as in opposite of me and P as in pistolin' and E as in ... E".

That's the kind of horrible ish that give hip hop a bad name. This is supposedly Lupe's best work and he goes with a dumbed down nursery rhyme as the chorus. "E as in E". How many hours did it take this supposed hip hop rising star to come up with that line? And of course, he mixes in a skateboarding line up in that boring azz song.

Seriously, Lupe >>>>> radio rap but that isn't saying much. If you like hip hop where the rapper name drops things like the Revenge of the Nerds movie and Sesame Street and Transformers and crap like that, then yeah I guess Lupe is for you. But beyond that, I'm waiting for a Lupe fan to point to anything that suggests he's above average in any aspect of hip hop.

in debating if i really wanna get into this discussion or not I have chosen to enter the fight for Lupe and the rest of Hip Hop. Its not their fault that people like 50 Kanye and Lupe are forced to make Pop music to sell records for a long time I hated Puff for doing it back in the day but its just being smart and they can do that now. I just dont listen to fm radio when I can help it. But mix tapes is where they can give real hip hop fans what they want: beef, gangsta shit and remixes. To go out and call Lupe garbage is not right. Yes he sounds like Kanyes little brother but he speaks with a purpose and I rate him higher then Jeezy(yeeeeeeeeeeeah), Paul Wall(I Said), and several other rappers who use the same shit over and over again allowing it to get old and wack even on mix tapes. American terrorist is a dope joint on Food and Liquor as well as kick push, Real, pressure, instrumental I mean that album is tight and thats just the tracks I can list off the top of my head. As far as mix tapes go please listen to the Fahrenheit 9/11 tapes and then speak...1st and 15th

Thanks for making pull out that revenge of the nerds tape cause not only do I like the crucial conflict original joint but Fiascos verse was dope. Let me guess you dont like Twister cause he sounds like do or dies step brother. come on dude...make its best that you venture off and keep listening to a little bit more of that ride the lightning and nirvana so you can come back to the game and appreciate the people who are actually saying something more then I got King Kong in the Trunk!!!

timvp
07-14-2008, 05:56 PM
:lmao at timvp still thinking he knows what the fuck he is talking aboutGreat points here. Well said.

Care to enlighten me on all those songs? Because Lupe himself has said he's not a big skateboarder and that Kick, Push was entirely a metaphor. He might use that lingo occasionally, but does that mean that every time someone raps about killing somebody, it automatically means they're a serial killer? But nice try.

It's sad that I know more about Lupe than you. I'm not going to go through his discography and tell you all the songs that mention skateboarding. Bro is a skater straight up. It's not my cup of tea but to deny that he's a rapping skater means either you don't listen to the words of his songs or you are ashamed of his skateboarding ways.

He's not a big skateboarder? Let's see what Google says . . .

Lupe is also an avid skateboarder, which influenced his debut single "Kick, Push."

SF Station (SFS): Do you skateboard?

Lupe Fiasco (LP): Yeah, I skate.

SFS: “Kick Push” sounds like an underground hip-hop track, but it’s been getting a lot of airplay on urban radio, which usually has more street and club songs. Did you expect that track to go that far?

LP: I don’t know. We understood what it was and what it could be, and it’s potential. But, I don’t think we knew it would go this far. It’s been out for a year and it’s still strong. That’s crazy.

We didn’t think it would have that much of an impact. It also has a social impact. It’s more than just a song. It has traveling outside of music and is having an impact on certain aspects of peoples’ lifestyles. To have that kind of power this early is crazy.

SFS: What kind of social impact has the song had?

LP: Another MC from Harlem walked up to me the other day and said he saw a kid rolling down the street in Harlem on a skateboard. He said he had never seen that before in Harlem. The song has gotten kids who probably would have never thought about skateboarding on a skateboard in parts of town where skateboarding has never happened before. It kind of changes the makeup of the social structure a little bit when you bring in elements of pop culture and “white successful” culture into the mix. ROFL. Yeah, it's just a metaphor. :lmao

Lupe is proud that he white-ified hip hop so that skaters will now listen to this genre of music. He's proud that he has some black kids skateboarding.

Nobodysmiling.com : OK. Now you said you’re a bigger fan of skate culture than Hip Hop culture because it’s more progressive. Could you get more specific about that?

Lupe Fiasco : All the experiences that I had in skating-just going in lil street wear stores or art galleries or whatever-people will take you on and absorb you as they family just like that. And you know it’s some real. It’s not because I’m Lupe Fiasco. Nah, like, yo I rock with you cause you a cool dude. You didn’t come in here tryna stunt. You didn’t come in here tryna be bigger than what you are. It’s like you just come-we didn’t even know you was a rapper. We just-you was this kid. And, like, the way it embraced me-and I been in Hip Hop forever. I been in the music business forever. And to be fresh into like skate culture and for people to accept you like that, I know that it’s like this is a healthy thing. It’s always growing. It’s just the people. It’s the people that’s different. :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Flamer doesn't even consider himself a hip hop artist apparently. I knew he liked skateboarding but I didn't know that he officially has joined the skating culture. Damn, this is gold.

"Lupe doesn't like skateboarding he just used it in one song as a metaphor" :rollin

"I'm not the greatest skateboarder, but I'm a damn good rapper, so I made a damn good skateboarding song."
-Lupe Fiasco

Yep, metaphor the whole way.

http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/0/1/8/0/15710810-15710813-slarge.jpg
http://www.lupefiasco.us/lupe/lupefiasco39.jpg
http://www.sfstation.com/images/articles/72/2072c.jpg

Damn, bro has talent riding a metaphorical skateboard :tu

Care to enlighten me on all those songs? Because Lupe himself has said he's not a big skateboarder and that Kick, Push was entirely a metaphor.

Consider yourself enlightened. I see a bunch of other Lupe and skateboarding crap on Google if you want to look. I got bored reading about his skateboarding ways. Him talking about skateboarding is almost as boring as most of his tracks.

TacoCabanaFajitas
07-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Great points here. Well said.

It's sad that I know more about Lupe than you. I'm not going to go through his discography and tell you all the songs that mention skateboarding. Bro is a skater straight up. It's not my cup of tea but to deny that he's a rapping skater means either you don't listen to the words of his songs or you are ashamed of his skateboarding ways.

He's not a big skateboarder? Let's see what Google says . . .

ROFL. Yeah, it's just a metaphor. :lmao

Lupe is proud that he white-ified hip hop so that skaters will now listen to this genre of music. He's proud that he has some black kids skateboarding.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Flamer doesn't even consider himself a hip hop artist apparently. I knew he liked skateboarding but I didn't know that he officially has joined the skating culture. Damn, this is gold.

"Lupe doesn't like skateboarding he just used it in one song as a metaphor" :rollin

Yep, metaphor the whole way.

http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/0/1/8/0/15710810-15710813-slarge.jpg
http://www.lupefiasco.us/lupe/lupefiasco39.jpg
http://www.sfstation.com/images/articles/72/2072c.jpg

Damn, bro has talent riding a metaphorical skateboard :tu

Consider yourself enlightened. I see a bunch of other Lupe and skateboarding crap on Google if you want to look. I got bored reading about his skateboarding ways. Him talking about skateboarding is almost as boring as most of his tracks.

Probably the greatest piece of ownage I have ever witnessed in my life. :owned

bugmenot
07-14-2008, 07:41 PM
What is wrong with being a skater? Lupe is an avid skateboarder and I've seen him at skate parks and on the xgames. He even got into an argument with a skateboard star who literally doesn't have testicles. But I don't see how that makes him any less of a hip hop artist. I hate hip hop but I love Lupe. He has mad talent! He doesn't care what people think and will represent the skater life in a lot of his songs even though most ghettoe rappers would rather give up eating watermelon than be on a skateboard. On the xgames they asked him if he'd rather be the worlds best xgamer or the worlds best rapper and he said xgamer. Whoever disses him either hates white culture or doesn't know good hip hop when they hear it.

Pistons < Spurs
07-14-2008, 07:51 PM
"white culture"..... :lmao :lmao

stretch
07-14-2008, 07:55 PM
What is wrong with being a skater? Lupe is an avid skateboarder and I've seen him at skate parks and on the xgames. He even got into an argument with a skateboard star who literally doesn't have testicles. But I don't see how that makes him any less of a hip hop artist. I hate hip hop but I love Lupe. He has mad talent! He doesn't care what people think and will represent the skater life in a lot of his songs even though most ghettoe rappers would rather give up eating watermelon than be on a skateboard. On the xgames they asked him if he'd rather be the worlds best xgamer or the worlds best rapper and he said xgamer. Whoever disses him either hates white culture or doesn't know good hip hop when they hear it.

well said. timvp sounds like one of those fucking dumbasses who think if you arent shooting and robbing people, you aint a real rapper. fuck that shit. timvp is a hater, plain and simple, and it is evident when he was whining like a little bitch about how Lupe "white-ified" hip hop. what a fucking dumbass.

btw - im a little curious as to why rapping about skateboarding here and there is "white-ifying" hip hop? how are you supposed to "black-ify" it?

timvp
07-14-2008, 08:06 PM
well said.ROFL. You just agreed with a guy who verified everything I've said about Lupe. He's a skater who raps. You and fellow Mav Fan say he's not a skater.

Apology Accepted.

timvp sounds like one of those fucking dumbasses who think if you arent shooting and robbing people, you aint a real rapper. Link to anywhere I said anything close to that? Did you miss the part where I said radio rap sucks?

fuck that shit. timvp is a hater, plain and simple, and it is evident when he was whining like a little bitch about how Lupe "white-ified" hip hop. what a fucking dumbass.

btw - im a little curious as to why rapping about skateboarding here and there is "white-ifying" hip hop? how are you supposed to "black-ify" it?Did you ride the short bus to the forum?

I said white-ified in response to what your boy Lupe said.

It kind of changes the makeup of the social structure a little bit when you bring in elements of pop culture and “white successful” culture into the mix.Can you read? "Bringing elements of "white successful" culture into mix" = "white-ifying hip hop".

If you have a problem with that, be mad at Lupe -- not me. He's the one who said it.

timvp
07-14-2008, 08:21 PM
in debating if i really wanna get into this discussion or not I have chosen to enter the fight for Lupe and the rest of Hip Hop. Its not their fault that people like 50 Kanye and Lupe are forced to make Pop music to sell records for a long time I hated Puff for doing it back in the day but its just being smart and they can do that now. I just dont listen to fm radio when I can help it. But mix tapes is where they can give real hip hop fans what they want: beef, gangsta shit and remixes. To go out and call Lupe garbage is not right. Yes he sounds like Kanyes little brother but he speaks with a purpose and I rate him higher then Jeezy(yeeeeeeeeeeeah), Paul Wall(I Said), and several other rappers who use the same shit over and over again allowing it to get old and wack even on mix tapes.Ya, like I said I don't blame the artists who sell out to make money. That's what most would do in their situation. And ya, I also said Lupe > radio rap. Jeezy and Paul Wall are garbage.

American terrorist is a dope joint on Food and Liquor as well as kick push, Real, pressure, instrumental I mean that album is tight and thats just the tracks I can list off the top of my head. As far as mix tapes go please listen to the Fahrenheit 9/11 tapes and then speak...1st and 15th

I've listened to all those tracks and yes there are a few good ones in there but on the whole Lupe is not nearly as talented as Lupe Fan makes him out to be. Decent and definitely better than radio rap garbage but overall in his specific genre of hip hop he is average to slightly below average.

Let me guess you dont like Twister cause he sounds like do or dies step brother. WTF are you talking about. Twista was out long before Do or Die.

That was actually a good guess because I've been a Twista fan since his name was Tung Twista and he dropped Runnin' Off at Da Mouth in 1991. Adrenaline Rush in 1997 was a fantastic release. In fact, this is one of my favorite tracks of all-time:

sozrh3y3mz0

I'm not sure why you brought Twista into the conversation but yeah he's one of my favorite 10-15 artists.

come on dude...make its best that you venture off and keep listening to a little bit more of that ride the lightning and nirvana so you can come back to the game and appreciate the people who are actually saying something more then I got King Kong in the Trunk!!!ROFL. For the millionth time in this thread, radio rap sucks. Just because I think Lupe is wack for the most part doesn't mean I like radio rap. Lupe just isn't that good at what he does. He has cornered the skater market and that's who he aims to sell records to. Props to him for that but compared to other artists of his same genre, he's pretty damn weak.

Sherlock Holmes
07-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Vanilla Ice in his prime >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone else.

Sherlock Holmes
07-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Bone Thugs!!!!!!!!!!1

monosylab1k
07-14-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm not going to go through his discography and tell you all the songs that mention skateboarding.

because you can't

Bro is a skater straight up.

http://music.zeeks.com/fpaq/lupe-fiasco.html

Z: Did you face racism being a black skateboarder?

Lupe: I'm not a skater

consider yourself enlightened.

monosylab1k
07-14-2008, 08:59 PM
ROFL @ wikipedia being Lupe's "bio"

monosylab1k
07-14-2008, 09:01 PM
So because Biggie raps about shooting people, and there's pictures of him holding guns.......he's automatically a murderer.

:lmao keep listening to your racist black supremacist bullshit 11 year old Katrina refugee rappers. i'll stick to something at least slightly more intelligent.

Fillmoe
07-14-2008, 09:02 PM
difference of opinion..... STFU and keep it moving

stretch
07-14-2008, 09:15 PM
ROFL. You just agreed with a guy who verified everything I've said about Lupe. He's a skater who raps. You and fellow Mav Fan say he's not a skater.

Apology Accepted.

I think mono got that point covered well. Skating from time to time does not make you a skater. Using wikipedia as your source doesnt help your case much either. But my point was, that because he has an appreciation for skating and does it from time to time himself, it has absolutely nothing to do with his rapping abilities.

Did you ride the short bus to the forum?

I said white-ified in response to what your boy Lupe said.

Can you read? "Bringing elements of "white successful" culture into mix" = "white-ifying hip hop".

If you have a problem with that, be mad at Lupe -- not me. He's the one who said it.

You fucking idiot. You clearly missed his point completely... not to mention the quotation marks around "white successful culture". No wonder why Lupe does not appeal to you. You have a serious inability to think outside the box, you fucking dimwitted douchebag.

Fillmoe
07-14-2008, 09:19 PM
lol.... why yall so mad? really though... it aint that serious

stretch
07-14-2008, 09:24 PM

whether someone likes lupe or not doesnt matter that much to me. acting like a know-it-all prick and not knowing what the fuck you're talking about is another story (aka timvbitch)

DannyT
07-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Ya, like I said I don't blame the artists who sell out to make money. That's what most would do in their situation. And ya, I also said Lupe > radio rap. Jeezy and Paul Wall are garbage.

I've listened to all those tracks and yes there are a few good ones in there but on the whole Lupe is not nearly as talented as Lupe Fan makes him out to be. Decent and definitely better than radio rap garbage but overall in his specific genre of hip hop he is average to slightly below average.

WTF are you talking about. Twista was out long before Do or Die.

That was actually a good guess because I've been a Twista fan since his name was Tung Twista and he dropped Runnin' Off at Da Mouth in 1991. Adrenaline Rush in 1997 was a fantastic release. In fact, this is one of my favorite tracks of all-time:

sozrh3y3mz0

I'm not sure why you brought Twista into the conversation but yeah he's one of my favorite 10-15 artists.

ROFL. For the millionth time in this thread, radio rap sucks. Just because I think Lupe is wack for the most part doesn't mean I like radio rap. Lupe just isn't that good at what he does. He has cornered the skater market and that's who he aims to sell records to. Props to him for that but compared to other artists of his same genre, he's pretty damn weak.

Im just glad you took the time to look that shit up on wiki or somewhere else...but maybe you did listen to them back in 91 and he was brought up because you said lupe sounded like a weak version of Kanye or some shit like that...list your all time top 10 artist and we can go from there
My only argument is that Lupe's not as bad as you make him out to be, if anything else he doesnt get enough wreck that other wack rappers get...Im just curious on what makes him below average for todays hip hop

mavs>spurs2
07-14-2008, 11:05 PM
:lmao Vanilla ice :lol :lol :lol The only good white emcee is Eminem, his underground mixtape and freestyles from back in the day are ridiculous.

Fillmoe
07-14-2008, 11:06 PM
shut up bitch.. you dont know shit

InRareForm
07-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Yea I mean you can hate Lupe all you want but please recognize the skill he has. I mean I have listened to hip hop all my life...and Lupe is one of the few that are in the upper echelon of lyricism. I consider myself a hip hop nut, i breathe, eat, and live good hip hop music, and lupe is the truth.

However, he does have some drawbacks. His beats he chooses are mainly wack and synth beats (just look at his personal producer). He does breathe heavily on his flow, and he can often times say things that too forced. But overall the guy has skill.

Fillmoe
07-14-2008, 11:10 PM
no ones saying he doesnt have skill... he can just get boring at times...

mavs>spurs2
07-14-2008, 11:18 PM
shut up bitch.. you dont know shit

Fuck you A-rab

Fillmoe
07-15-2008, 01:27 AM
max b >>>>>>> this thread

DannyT
07-15-2008, 02:12 AM
yet your dumb ass keeps coming back like you have something to note worthy to say...

Fillmoe
07-15-2008, 02:13 AM
almbllyL7xk

Fillmoe
07-15-2008, 02:17 AM
At the end of the day its just all different levels of hip hop. I tend to listen to shit with an open mind. Is lil wayne hip hop? Unfortunately he is. Even the bootleg shit you hear on the radio is hip hop, but its not in its purest form and it has been watered the fuck down.

timvp
07-15-2008, 02:17 AM
http://music.zeeks.com/fpaq/lupe-fiasco.html

consider yourself enlightened.ROFL. He says he doesn't skate everyday. Nice hatchet job on that copy and paste.

Just admit he's a skater. WTF is so wrong with being a skater? I can find you hundreds of quotes where he says he's a skater and it influences his music -- specifically his first single. If you are going to be a fanboy for an artist who has disowned disowned hip hop and now reps the skating culture, you can't go around saying he doesn't skate.

Wipe away the tears and admit it.

ROFL @ wikipedia being Lupe's "bio"
Wikipedia? Which part of that sentence is untrue?

So because Biggie raps about shooting people, and there's pictures of him holding guns.......he's automatically a murderer.

:lmao keep listening to your racist black supremacist bullshit 11 year old Katrina refugee rappers. i'll stick to something at least slightly more intelligent.:lol Damn bro, I know Lupe fans get all emo when you question his wackness but you are taking emo to the next level. You call someone a black supremacist and then your very next thought is to call someone a Katrina refugee rapper? If you want to get all sissy PC up in here at least put a comma before you contradict yourself.

And this "Lupe is intelligent" crap is exactly what is so funny about emo Lupe fans. They think the fruit is so fantastic but when you ask for lyric proof or rhyme scheme proof or content proof, all they can come up with his supposedly intelligence. Again, post his best verse or point to his best song and I can post verses from 50 other artists who'd crap all over Lupe's best.

I know you are impressed with "E as in E" level nursery rhyme BS but damn just because you can relate to Lupe or whatever doesn't make him any better than lyricists that have been dominating the game since Lupe was in diapers.

I think mono got that point covered well. Skating from time to time does not make you a skater. Using wikipedia as your source doesnt help your case much either. But my point was, that because he has an appreciation for skating and does it from time to time himself, it has absolutely nothing to do with his rapping abilities.First, pick whose junk you want in your mouth -- Mono or Lupe. There's room for both but you need to pick one. If you are going to go with Mono, you should realize that he hasn't even admitted Lupe rides skateboards. He says Kick and Push was a metaphor.

You two emo Lupe fans aren't even on the same page. Align your menstrual cycles before you come complaining to me about me being hard on your hero.

You fucking idiot. You clearly missed his point completely... not to mention the quotation marks around "white successful culture". No wonder why Lupe does not appeal to you. You have a serious inability to think outside the box, you fucking dimwitted douchebag.ROFL. I fully understood the point. You come out and give your version. But we all know you won't because you can't. Lupe said he was bringing in the "white successful" culture into hip hop. That means he's white-ifying hop hip so that the "white successful" culture will relate and buy it.

And it worked for you. But you're too dumb to know it.

whether someone likes lupe or not doesnt matter that much to me. acting like a know-it-all prick and not knowing what the fuck you're talking about is another story (aka timvbitch)You can keep saying I don't know what I'm talking about but it'd be nice if you put some sort of substance behind that claim. Show me where I'm wrong. Anywhere. And like I told Mono, show me a verse, lyric, anything that justifies Lupe current standing as one of the best lyricists or intelligent hip hop artists in the game. Stop getting all emo on me and come correct with something.

Exactly. Like I said when I first starting speaking on Lupe, he has the most emo fan base I've ever seen. These emos think that just getting all riled up and think turning cry baby is enough to prove Lupe is worthy of his current label of greatness bestowed on him by Lupe fans. I mean it took three pages to halfway admit the guy rides skateboards.

Lupe gets boring as hell unless you enjoy the topics he covers or unless you don't know there is much better out there. Couple good tracks, way better than radio rap but he's just not that great. Lupe fan needs to either come correct or put down the razor blade.

Fillmoe
07-15-2008, 02:20 AM
Buddens > Lupe...

Fillmoe
07-15-2008, 02:28 AM
xEv8dpd5CYU

"Waitin on an alley, ni99as just won't lob it"

JOEEEY!

DannyT
07-15-2008, 02:43 AM
see but atleast you are now giving him more and more props so maybe they did their jobs...at first he was a little better then hip hop radio now he's much better next he's gonna be there with J and Nas

I dont claim the dude to ride the skateboard to the top of hip hop but at least give him credit and dont say he is below average

timvp
07-15-2008, 03:00 AM
see but atleast you are now giving him more and more props so maybe they did their jobs...at first he was a little better then hip hop radio now he's much better next he's gonna be there with J and NasI said all along that he is much better than radio rap. Check my first couple of posts in this thread. Lupe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Radio Rap.

I dont claim the dude to ride the skateboard to the top of hip hop but at least give him credit and dont say he is below average

Depends who you want to compare him to. If you have wack radio rap in the equation, then ya Lupe is above average. If you want to compare him to the best lyricists in the game, he's below average.

DannyT
07-15-2008, 03:13 AM
list your top 10 dont worry he aint in mine fave 5 or shit like that but there are way too many weak rappers to put him below ave....that like right there with lil wyte and some cats like that....what do you think about cats from san antonio who beside question and kyle lee have you heard from here...

stretch
07-15-2008, 08:24 AM
First, pick whose junk you want in your mouth -- Mono or Lupe. There's room for both but you need to pick one. If you are going to go with Mono, you should realize that he hasn't even admitted Lupe rides skateboards. He says Kick and Push was a metaphor.

Kick Push was a metaphorical song. But you obviously are too ignorant to understand the meaning behind it, and the whole point of the song.

ROFL. I fully understood the point. You come out and give your version. But we all know you won't because you can't. Lupe said he was bringing in the "white successful" culture into hip hop. That means he's white-ifying hop hip so that the "white successful" culture will relate and buy it.

Pull your head out of your ass. If its about trying to change it to fit "white culture" so white people will buy it, then why was he talking about its effect on the black community? Better yet, why is it that the average hip-hop buyer is actually a white male? Why would he need to market to the "white community" if 80% of hip hop buyers are white?

His point was that his song had an effect on people that wasn't expected (something he actually said, no thought process required to understand that part), for instance seeing black kids in harlem riding around on skateboards... something that is usually considered a white thing. His song led to people thinking outside the box, which is something you constantly have to do when listening to Lupe. Unfortunately for you, you have demonstrated in your analysis and posts in this thread that are utterly incapable of doing such a thing.

You can keep saying I don't know what I'm talking about but it'd be nice if you put some sort of substance behind that claim. Show me where I'm wrong. Anywhere. And like I told Mono, show me a verse, lyric, anything that justifies Lupe current standing as one of the best lyricists or intelligent hip hop artists in the game. Stop getting all emo on me and come correct with something.

How about this... it is widely aknowledged that he is an amazing lyricist. You are among the few that deny he is. So in this case, YOU are the one that needs to show proof that he is less than what most people say. How about you show me proof that he is a "below average" rapper.

monosylab1k
07-15-2008, 08:29 AM
So I read on Wikipedia that Lil' Wayne is the illest bestest most badassest kickassest motherfuckingest 11 year old rapper to ever live. It also said that Lupe Fiasco was a fartyhead with diarrhea. I think that settles it.

Wikipedia rules!

monosylab1k
07-15-2008, 08:29 AM
:bking

stretch
07-15-2008, 08:54 AM
so we can go ahead and settle the Kick Push meaning debate...

In one hand, for the simple minded listeners (such as Timvp) its a story about a skater and skateboarding. Neat.

Now for people that think outside the box a little more, they see that its metaphorically talking about different challenges in life that all people face, such as "falling" and getting back up, love, acceptance/fitting in, stereotypes, choices to make in life between whats good/bad and leaving things behind us (emphasized more in Kick Push II).

MannyIsGod
07-15-2008, 01:19 PM
I really really really like Lupe Fiasco. LJ is one of the few people on this board I'd never argue with. You guys always call me a know it all and all that shit blah blah blah. I probably know about a tenth of the shit LJ does.

Don't argue with him unless you want to look really stupid is all I'm saying.

Spurminator
07-15-2008, 01:39 PM
I think timvp and mono should rap battle.

stretch
07-15-2008, 02:11 PM
I really really really like Lupe Fiasco. LJ is one of the few people on this board I'd never argue with. You guys always call me a know it all and all that shit blah blah blah. I probably know about a tenth of the shit LJ does.

He looks pretty stupid in this thread. Or at least ignorant anyways.

Again, I don't care about his personal preference. But when someone starts talking like they know what they are talking about (when they really dont) and acting like a condescending douchebag about it is another thing.

CuckingFunt
07-15-2008, 02:36 PM
He looks pretty stupid in this thread. Or at least ignorant anyways.

No he doesn't. He comes across as having a different opinion than you, and you come across as having your feelings really hurt by that fact.

Personal taste is about the silliest thing in the world to try and argue.

monosylab1k
07-15-2008, 02:49 PM
oh shit, here come all the timvp nut riders!

monosylab1k
07-15-2008, 02:50 PM
anyways I just read on Wikipedia that Lil' Wayne is Gay McGaygay and that Lupe has a 12-inch circumference cock, so after further review, I'm giving the victory to Lupe on this one.

Out.

CuckingFunt
07-15-2008, 02:55 PM
oh shit, here come all the timvp nut riders!

I happen to disagree with a lot of what he's said in this thread, actually. I just don't think he comes across as ignorant in his argument.

DannyT
07-15-2008, 03:07 PM

Im just surprised you were able to say all that with daddys phat sax in your mouf....:wow

stretch
07-15-2008, 03:29 PM
No he doesn't. He comes across as having a different opinion than you, and you come across as having your feelings really hurt by that fact.

I appreciate your opinion on this matter. Mine differs. Thanks.

stretch
07-15-2008, 03:31 PM
anyways I just read on Wikipedia that Lil' Wayne is Gay McGaygay and that Lupe has a 12-inch circumference cock, so after further review, I'm giving the victory to Lupe on this one.

Out.

I also read that safety cannot be acquired unless you push it to the limit.

Fillmoe
07-15-2008, 10:30 PM
BhsTmiK7Q2M

dirk4mvp
07-15-2008, 11:55 PM
chamillionaire shits on both these guys

GuerillaBlack
08-15-2008, 03:29 PM
chamillionaire shits on both these guys

I actually agree.

StylisticS
08-15-2008, 11:48 PM
I actually agree.

I don't. I like Chamillionaire but Lupe is just a bit better. BOTH are better than wayne which is what this thread is about. He is massively overrated. I really don't understand how he is as popular as he is. I hear people tell me he's the "best rapper alive" and "he's a beast," and I ask them in what way is he the best and nobody can tell you. His delivery, flow, lyrics are subpar at best. The remixes he is doing now are terrible.

GuerillaBlack
08-15-2008, 11:51 PM
I don't. I like Chamillionaire but Lupe is just a bit better. BOTH are better than wayne which is what this thread is about. He is massively overrated. I really don't understand how he is as popular as he is. I hear people tell me he's the "best rapper alive" and "he's a beast," and I ask them in what way is he the best and nobody can tell you. His delivery, flow, lyrics are subpar at best. The remixes he is doing now are terrible.

i guess so. i mean chamillionaire can definitely hold his one against lupe. and wayne is the best rapper alive.....if you compare him to other radio hits. after that weak ass plies song, then soulja boy, then wayne comes on with a milli, he looks like a god.

InRareForm
08-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Lil Wayne is a hype rapper. He has clever punchlines and similies but other than that he is nothing great, and just sounds like a dude saying random sentences and thinks it make sense while as the same time the audience mistakenly listens in awe. He does pick amazing beats and this is where he has the advantage. Often times on really dope beats, you get somewhat of a pass on lyrics, and sometimes get over credited as well.

There are tons of current rappers better than Wayne. just to name a few

1. Black Thought
2. One Be Lo
3. Lupe Fiasco
4. Blu
5. Immortal Technique
6. Talib Kweli

GuerillaBlack
08-16-2008, 12:58 AM
K-Rino is one of the most slept on rappers out there. straight out of houston.

DynastyBuilder
08-16-2008, 01:01 AM
lil waynes a bum...

lupe is boring to me... i mean there was some dope tracks on the cool but after about the first week it came out i havent gone back and listened to it....

J3Sd2gDkSV8

best track on stillmatic

Hip Hop is still here... you just gotta search harder for it, and you damn sure aint gonna find it on the radio

PxqUHp4YFL4

i miss gangstarr

At the end of the day its just all different levels of hip hop. I tend to listen to shit with an open mind. Is lil wayne hip hop? Unfortunately he is. Even the bootleg shit you hear on the radio is hip hop, but its not in its purest form and it has been watered the fuck down.

Damn Fill, you just said everything I would've said had I been here...:tu

:music

dirk4mvp
08-16-2008, 11:33 AM
mixtape messiah 4 is gonna be a beast sons

TheSanityAnnex
08-16-2008, 02:05 PM
and wayne is the best rapper alive.....if you compare him to other radio hits. after that weak ass plies song, then soulja boy, then wayne comes on with a milli, he looks like a god.Problem here, and its bolded.

dirk4mvp
08-17-2008, 02:50 AM
L9QhkU7Q2b8

mavs>spurs2
08-17-2008, 02:55 AM
project pat kicks ass..along with old school three 6 mafia..memphis rap sons

dirk4mvp
08-17-2008, 02:59 AM
project pat kicks ass..along with old school three 6 mafia..memphis rap sons

watchuknow bout dat memphis rapz?

mavs>spurs2
08-17-2008, 03:04 AM
watchuknow bout dat memphis rapz?

I used to listen to a lot of old school 3 6..along with playa fly skinny pimp indo g killa klan kaze scanman mc mack dirty red etc..

dirk4mvp
08-17-2008, 03:07 AM
I used to listen to a lot of old school 3 6..along with playa fly skinny pimp indo g killa klan kaze scanman mc mack dirty red etc..

win

i never expected mavfan to listen to such gold.

mavs>spurs2
08-17-2008, 12:22 PM
6RBJQ1xanX8

paul and juicy were known for their beats..this one is tight ReDrUm

dirk4mvp
08-17-2008, 01:24 PM
project pat brings that fire!

RcLLQetV7Pg

GuerillaBlack
08-17-2008, 03:29 PM
K-Rino kills em!

(K-Rino comes in at about 1:15)
c53H-IPU02k

c32dJTWmdCo

MI21
08-18-2008, 01:02 AM
Lupe in my mind kicks ass. Lyrically, I think he is brilliant. That's just me though.

It depends what you like though. timvp doesn't like him very much? So what. I know that he and I would both really enjoy other artists, it's just a difference of opinion over one artist. Who cares?

I can see his side of the argument, but, I don't agree with the whole thing of Lupe mentioning Skateboarding all the time.

nsrammstein
08-18-2008, 01:30 AM
this shit we call rap is ruining the world's youth....we need to get rid of this shit the fastest we can or else we are going to see ''pimps'' and ''ho's'' with thick gold chains hanging from their necks and a ring on every finger and a hat that is sideways

GuerillaBlack
08-18-2008, 01:38 AM
this shit we call rap is ruining the world's youth....we need to get rid of this shit the fastest we can or else we are going to see ''pimps'' and ''ho's'' with thick gold chains hanging from their necks and a ring on every finger and a hat that is sideways

stereotyping for the win!

brianrocks7
08-18-2008, 02:32 PM
man..lil wayne used to be tight

sribb43
08-19-2008, 11:03 AM
I loved Hot Boys Lil'Wayne but I cant stand the new Weezy. He has some nice tracks but some are garbage to me. Some Ol' School 3 6 Mafia cant be touched but nowadays, its all about Lupe and Chamillionare....

Watch out for Mixtape Messiah 4 dropping 8.27.08. that "Put On" and "Foolish" freestyles are crazy

http://www.chamillionaire.com/

to21
10-07-2008, 10:04 AM
It it me, or is this he gettn' harder and harder to understand. I heard a couple of songs were I'm like, "What the FUCK is he sayn'?"

And does he have to giggle after every damn line? Dude has some talent but now he's getting lazy on the mic with his mumbling.

Rip-Hamilton32
10-07-2008, 03:21 PM
anyone heard chamillionaires version of my life? it shits on games and waynes

TheSanityAnnex
10-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Styles P and Pharoah Monche's MY LIFE shits on chamillionaires/games/waynes etc.

vZUpfTzHgGo

TheSanityAnnex
10-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Can anyone explain to me why Lil Wayne's voice now sounds like the voice from Daft Punk's "one more time"????

InRareForm
10-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Can anyone explain to me why Lil Wayne's voice now sounds like the voice from Daft Punk's "one more time"????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-Tune

??

can't believe people are using this damn gimmick. shit is horrible

TheSanityAnnex
10-07-2008, 09:03 PM
lil autotuneezy

dirk4mvp
10-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Autotune sounds good when it's done right.

TheSanityAnnex
10-08-2008, 12:04 AM
examples please?

dirk4mvp
10-08-2008, 12:48 AM
Nah if i post examples I'll just get the mainstream commercial drones lecture you give in every music thread.

TheSanityAnnex
10-08-2008, 12:54 AM
at least I don't have to repeat the truth.
And if you truly believed it wasn't mainstream garbage you'd have no problem giving examples.

TheSanityAnnex
10-08-2008, 12:56 AM
Autotune sounds good when it's done right, especially when talking about lick lick lick lickin ya like a lollipop.

dirk4mvp
10-08-2008, 12:58 AM
exactly. I'm not gonna sway your opinion either way so why bother.

InRareForm
10-08-2008, 01:06 AM
I won't front, Lollipop is a very addicting song. So are a lot of pop songs. That ain't hip hop tho.

baseline bum
10-08-2008, 01:56 AM
K-Rino is one of the most slept on rappers out there. straight out of houston.

:tu

KUYcioA-SgQ

K-Rino had the only good verse on the South Park Psycho album (first time I heard him). The rest of this song sucks after K-Rino's verse.

baseline bum
10-08-2008, 02:01 AM
:lmao Vanilla ice :lol :lol :lol The only good white emcee is Eminem, his underground mixtape and freestyles from back in the day are ridiculous.

LIyyZFLaUOk

jGHCXRcZTzE

o46rQyvxtas

MI21
10-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Anything good coming out before Christmas? I've been listening to the same newish shit for to long.

to21
10-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Autotune sounds good when it's done right.

cBeUo9ahnfQ