PDA

View Full Version : Undrafted Free Agents

JamStone
06-28-2008, 01:38 AM
List some of the players projected to be drafted that did not get drafted and comment on where they might be a good fit to latch onto an NBA team or whether they should find work in Europe.

Jamont Gordon - a little surprised he wasn't drafted. Looks to be a potentially solid combo guard. Clippers could use another Gordon combo guard. They need all the help they can get in their back court. Cleveland might be an option as well.

Gary Forbes - got some hype playing well in some of the pre-draft combines and workouts. Don't know if he has NBA talent.

Josh Duncan - thought someone would take a chance on him in the late second round. Teams can always use a strong, hard worker at power forward. Dallas, San Antonio, Milwaukee, Denver could all be potential suitors.

Davon Jefferson - lazy ass talent that probably should use the rule where he can go back to school... if USC is willing to take him back. Measured smaller than expected and came to pre-draft workouts out of shape while showing lack of effort. He may want to pack up and go to Greece to work on his game.

Reggie Williams - had a decent shot of being drafted in the second round but not a great surprise he was left on the board. Might be a very good Euro player.

Will Daniels - everything I read about him made him appear to be a solid high to mid second round selection. Unless there's something wrong with him that caused a red flag, I think there should be plenty of teams trying to get him to play on their summer league teams. 6-8, 225 small forward with elite athleticism sounds too good to not get drafted. I wonder why he wasn't drafted.

Richard Roby - was a borderline lottery projection in previous years by mock drafts. Has great athleticism and supposedly a great jump shot. I guess little else. Looks like a career D-leaguer unless he finds a perfect situation and circumstance.

Pat Calathes - hey if Steve Novak can get drafted, I figured Calathes had a shot as well. May carve out a nice little career in Spain.

traitoravery
06-28-2008, 02:15 AM
Don't forget Demarcus Nelson...

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Calathes will still make it in the NBA.

loveforthegame
06-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Reggie Williams will be on the Dallas Mavericks summer league team.

I was surprised no one drafted Will Daniels or Jamont Gordon.

manufor3
06-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Calathes will still make it in the NBA.

since when have you been a portland fan?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-28-2008, 12:52 PM
since when have you been a portland fan?

:lol I'm not.
I just think tlongII should have some company.

Biggems
06-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Keith Brumbaugh and Marcus Dove weren't drafted either.

I would definitely like to see the Spurs get both of these guys on their summer league rosters......even Will Daniels, if he were available.

manufor3
06-28-2008, 09:30 PM

:lol

Vinnie_Johnson
06-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Where is James White? Where did he go?

exstatic
06-29-2008, 09:28 AM

If TBong needs company, he can jump into the commode for a quick Jaccuzzi the next time I take a dump.

Girasuck
06-29-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm hoping Jaycee Carroll (Utah State) finds a team. There was talk of him going in the second round but he had a couple bad workouts which hurt his chances. The kid can flat out shoot the ball which will give him a shot at the NBA.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
07-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Pat Calathes has Greek citizenship. If he doesnt make it to the NBA he will still be making mad bank playing in Europe. Pat will be playing for Miami's summer league team
Jaycee Carroll will be on Nets Summer League team
James White is playing for Fenerbache in Turkey

Darkwaters
07-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Any word on where Jamont Gordon will spend SL?

Kindergarten Cop
07-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Any word on where Jamont Gordon will spend SL?

Philadelphia 76ers