PDA

View Full Version : Horry wants to go home...

Matchman
06-28-2008, 01:02 PM
TO THE HOUSTON ROCKETS~! (from the AP article)
Please, San Antonio, do NOT resign Horry, we need him to carry T-Mac out of the first round! (Horry has always been out of the first round in his entire NBA career)
http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/228663.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934A2752006EF5F0ED6802061DE5209B3E 284831B75F48EF45

baseline bum
06-28-2008, 01:08 PM
I'll always give Rob another chance, and I hope the Spurs bring him back. Play him in a Tony Massenburg role if needed, but this guy needs to be on this team for the playoffs. Dude played his best game of the season in the ultimate must-win: game 7 in New Orleans.

JamStone
06-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Please, San Antonio, do NOT resign Horry, we need him to carry T-Mac out of the first round! (Horry has always been out of the first round in his entire NBA career)
http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/228663.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934A2752006EF5F0ED6802061DE5209B3E 284831B75F48EF45

T-Mac's playoff mojo might be stronger than Horry's playoff mojo at this point in their respective careers.

BacktoBasics
06-28-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm sick of Horry. The guy could barely run the court last year. Please Houston take this guy off our hands.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Horry is always welcome in San Antonio. Come on back Rob.

IronMexican
06-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Having Horry on the team already puts them in the second round, by default.

Findog
06-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Damn, I like those old red Houston jerseys. The Disney pinstripes and that shit they have now suck.

SPURSGOAT
06-28-2008, 02:00 PM
You can have him.... tired of Horry; time for him to retire already.

peskypesky
06-28-2008, 02:05 PM
I like Horry for what he gave us in the past, but time waits for no one. Let him go quietly into the night.

T Park
06-28-2008, 02:56 PM
I'll always give Rob another chance, and I hope the Spurs bring him back. Play him in a Tony Massenburg role if needed, but this guy needs to be on this team for the playoffs. Dude played his best game of the season in the ultimate must-win: game 7 in New Orleans.

Exactly.

Dudes got gas left in the tank.

The arrow may be a couple notches to the right of E, but theres plenty left.

T Park
06-28-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm sick of Horry. The guy could barely run the court last year. Please Houston take this guy off our hands.

Yeah I bet in that game 7 you were just sickened even more when he was making clutch shot after clutch shot.

BacktoBasics
06-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Yeah I bet in that game 7 you were just sickened even more when he was making clutch shot after clutch shot.Like always you bring a new level of stupid to the table.

I appreciated all that Robert brought this team and there was a time a few years back where he was a real difference maker but last season sealed the deal for me and I think he's done. I've had enough of Pop tossing him out there because he is who he is because in my eyes he's not the same guy he was 3 years ago. I found him to be a liability on the court and I never felt comfortable with his conditioning late in the season.

Hopefully you can make some sense of that. Although I doubt it.

Indazone
06-28-2008, 03:51 PM

NOOOOO We do not need two geriatric basketball players racing up and down the court to see who can get their wheelchair across the midcourt line. Mutumbo is all we need. Not big shot has-ben Bob.

T Park
06-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Like always you bring a new level of stupid to the table.

I appreciated all that Robert brought this team and there was a time a few years back where he was a real difference maker but last season sealed the deal for me and I think he's done. I've had enough of Pop tossing him out there because he is who he is because in my eyes he's not the same guy he was 3 years ago. I found him to be a liability on the court and I never felt comfortable with his conditioning late in the season.

Your level of stupid knows no bounds.

I bring up game 7 and your babbling about "what he was 3 years ago"

Look at what he did in the clinching game against Phoenix.

Against New Orleans.

Watch those games again and look at how great he was.

You then tell me hes washed up. But Im sure your too busy waxing a Prowler to know that.

manufor3
06-28-2008, 10:27 PM

look how young horry looks

GaryJohnston
06-28-2008, 10:35 PM
I don't want Horry back.

TDMVPDPOY
06-28-2008, 10:41 PM
horry for mutombo sounds like a fair deal

SAtown
06-28-2008, 11:40 PM
I wouldn't want Horry's last season ending in the 1st round.

The Franchise
06-29-2008, 09:24 AM
I wouldn't want Horry's last season ending in the 1st round.

Then you had better not sign him.

Deuces88
06-29-2008, 09:49 AM
It's funny how idiots looks at one or two good games from Horry this playoffs and neglect to notice that he played like hot shit in all the other playoff games. We wouldn't even need to go 7 games against N.O. if Horry didn't play like hot garbage for game 1, 2, and 5. If we had someone who is actually a presence on the court and will not go 0-5 for a game, then we could of beaten the Hornets earlier than game 7.

True fans realize the liability of the teams. A person having 1 good game and 10 crap games is NOT a reliable player =\

Deuces88
06-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Horry is old and busted. He's consistent, but that consistency is in playing like garbage. He's too old, he's past due for retirement. He's just in here for rings, not for the team.

The Franchise
06-29-2008, 09:55 AM
God no!!!!

Indazone
06-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Leave him on the Spurs Roster. It helps them to stay the 'oldest' team in the NBA. :lol

Deuces88
06-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Yeah I bet in that game 7 you were just sickened even more when he was making clutch shot after clutch shot.

Hornets Series

Horry
Game 1 - 0-2 FG Fabulous
Game 2 - 0-2 FG Greeeeeeaat
Game 3 - 1-1 FG Uh oh, he's a superstar
Game 4 - 1-5 FG OMG, this man's greatness knows no bounds
Game 5 - 0-0 FG Woah, awesome
Game 6 - 0-3 FG OMG, I'm cumming
Game 7 (Game you're referring to where he's "making clutch shot after clutch shot") - 2-4 FG He made two shots. OMG, he should of been season MVP

For the hell of it, let's do the Suns series too

Suns Series

Horry
Game 1 - DNP (It was the first game of the playoffs, Pop didn't want to unleash Horry's greatness just yet)
Game 2 - 0-1 FG Oh man, he's greatness begins
Game 3 - 0-0 FG I'm in awe of this man's ability
Game 4 - 2-7 FG Wow, Michael Jordan has nothing on this man
Game 5 (Also the game you were referring to) - 1-2 FG Whew, he sure made that difference. We should give this man a parade

jack sommerset
06-29-2008, 10:44 AM
I would love Horry to play for Houston again.

Indazone
06-29-2008, 11:09 AM
I would love Horry to play for Houston again.

Hah! Morey ain't that dumb.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Damn, I like those old red Houston jerseys. The Disney pinstripes and that shit they have now suck.

I agree very good uniforms they have before. Why they change them?

Indazone
06-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Cause the Management is color blind. Remember the Pajamas? Worst uniforms in the entire NBA. Then they went to the Gothic blood dripping current Rockets logo superimposed on a Toyota logo. Maybe it's because Toyota is the main sponsor of the Rockets at the Toyota center.

http://www.clwill.com/wp-content/uploads/toyota-logo-sm.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/hawks/rockets_logo.jpg

Indazone
06-29-2008, 11:42 AM
http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/6/229/full/5744.gif

ahh well at least it wasn't like the old Nuggets Uni's.
http://www.nba.com/media/history/den_uni_06.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-29-2008, 11:44 AM
What are you talking about? Those Nuggets jerseys rocked the shit.

Indazone
06-29-2008, 11:45 AM
What are you talking about? Those Nuggets jerseys rocked the shit.

Ya if you're a fruitloop and live in San Francisco

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Ya if you're a fruitloop and live in San Francisco

Ooh, touchy!

SenorSpur
06-29-2008, 02:35 PM

:toast

Couldn't have said it any better.

As far as I'm concerned, Horry lost his "sacred-cow" status with me during last season too. Frankly, I didn't see the commitment from him that we've become accustomed to seeing. Clearly, he lacked motivation.

I'll always be appreciative of Horry for his contributions and his clutch performances. However, it's clear that hs days are done. The fact of the matter is his skills have deteriorated. He simply can't muster enough of those performances, on a game-by-game basis, to warrant another year invested in him on this roster.

Rockets fans, you can have him back. Take Finley too, if you want. Just get them both the hell outta here!

sprrs
06-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Hornets Series

Horry
Game 1 - 0-2 FG Fabulous
Game 2 - 0-2 FG Greeeeeeaat
Game 3 - 1-1 FG Uh oh, he's a superstar
Game 4 - 1-5 FG OMG, this man's greatness knows no bounds
Game 5 - 0-0 FG Woah, awesome
Game 6 - 0-3 FG OMG, I'm cumming
Game 7 (Game you're referring to where he's "making clutch shot after clutch shot") - 2-4 FG He made two shots. OMG, he should of been season MVP

For the hell of it, let's do the Suns series too

Suns Series

Horry
Game 1 - DNP (It was the first game of the playoffs, Pop didn't want to unleash Horry's greatness just yet)
Game 2 - 0-1 FG Oh man, he's greatness begins
Game 3 - 0-0 FG I'm in awe of this man's ability
Game 4 - 2-7 FG Wow, Michael Jordan has nothing on this man
Game 5 (Also the game you were referring to) - 1-2 FG Whew, he sure made that difference. We should give this man a parade

If FGs are all you're going by to determine a player's effectiveness, Bowen should have been gone a loong time ago. Horry did and does the little things that you need to do to win games.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_heoknxyYQAM/SA-NaVf8NxI/AAAAAAAAAEM/TvOCqgQU93I/s400/Horry-Shaq.jpg

pauls931
06-29-2008, 09:42 PM
I think Horry needs to call it a day. No need to stick around and have a painful season like Kareem did. Old timers will remember how painful it was to watch Kareem play his last 2 seasons where it got to the point where he'd celebrate if he got a basket.

angelbelow
06-30-2008, 01:21 AM
he wants spurs first, so it'll be in our hands.

Spurtacus
06-30-2008, 02:33 AM
If the Spurs cannot find someone to fill in that last big man role I'm all for him coming back. I'd rather have him over Bonner.

Blackjack
06-30-2008, 02:45 AM
If the Spurs cannot find someone to fill in that last big man role I'm all for him coming back. I'd rather have him over Bonner.

:tu

Indazone
06-30-2008, 02:54 AM
he wants spurs first, so it'll be in our hands.

Keep him

BacktoBasics
06-30-2008, 08:52 AM
Your level of stupid knows no bounds.

I bring up game 7 and your babbling about "what he was 3 years ago"

Look at what he did in the clinching game against Phoenix.

Against New Orleans.

Watch those games again and look at how great he was.

You then tell me hes washed up. But Im sure your too busy waxing a Prowler to know that.
Why would I be waxing a Prowler? I'm not Jim or CC you stupid fat fuck. Its great a guy can hit a basket or two but if he's a liability 75% of the time he's on the court and does nothing for you during the regular season I think there way more value out there for the roster spot.

You can't possibly think keeping a guy around for one maybe two baskets a year has more value over a potential regular contributor. Defensively he's lost a good two steps too and the Spurs help defense isn't what it once was. Judging by the general consensus I'm not the only one thinking this way.

SynicFan
06-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Keep him

Let him retire a Rocket.
Horry's not any worse than Loren Woods.

hater
06-30-2008, 01:59 PM
If there is a God, Horry AND Finley will retire.

Deuces88
06-30-2008, 02:50 PM
If FGs are all you're going by to determine a player's effectiveness, Bowen should have been gone a loong time ago. Horry did and does the little things that you need to do to win games.

You're really dumb, aren't you. Bowen plays defense and is actually capable of hitting more than 2 shots a game. Of all those games in those first 2 series, he's hit no more than 2 shots in a game. The guy's trash and you know nothing about this sport.

Get the cancer off the team so Spurs can move towards the :lobt2: in 09

angel_luv
06-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Rob is already home here in San Antonio.

T-Mac should take his repeated extended vacations and be grateful.
After all, he always gets first pick of fishing spots. :)

SynicFan
06-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Rob is already home here in San Antonio.

T-Mac should take his repeated extended vacations and be grateful.
After all, he always gets first pick of fishing spots. :)

Actually, any Mavwreck would have FIRST PICK of fishing spots since the last two years they've exited the playoffs faster than CLUTCH CITY.

SPURSGOAT
06-30-2008, 03:56 PM
If there is a God, Horry AND Finley will retire.

BlackSwordsMan
06-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Why do spurs fans want him back? He didn't do shit in the playoffs and was hurt in the 2nd half of the year

BlackSwordsMan
06-30-2008, 05:42 PM
seriously this guy needs to hang it up

SenorSpur
06-30-2008, 06:56 PM

:tu :tu

Finally some voices of reason are starting to emerge.

sprrs
06-30-2008, 07:01 PM
You're really dumb, aren't you. Bowen plays defense and is actually capable of hitting more than 2 shots a game. Of all those games in those first 2 series, he's hit no more than 2 shots in a game. The guy's trash and you know nothing about this sport.

Get the cancer off the team so Spurs can move towards the :lobt2: in 09

Make a coherent argument next time you wanna insult me. I can't even make out what you're trying to say.

If you knew anything about basketball, you'd know that there's more to winning than just making shots. Bruce Bowen is the perfect example. Sure he can make shots, but even on nights when he's scoreless, he has a huge impact on the game. Just because Horry isn't making shots doesn't mean he's useless. Get that through your thick skull.

Deuces88
06-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Make a coherent argument next time you wanna insult me. I can't even make out what you're trying to say.

If you knew anything about basketball, you'd know that there's more to winning than just making shots. Bruce Bowen is the perfect example. Sure he can make shots, but even on nights when he's scoreless, he has a huge impact on the game. Just because Horry isn't making shots doesn't mean he's useless. Get that through your thick skull.

This is the biggest idiot ever. He basically repeats the case I made for Bruce Bowen that I used to show why his other post was stupid. You compared Horry to Bowen and I corrected you by telling you that Bowen actually plays defense.

:lol I can't believe how dumb you are. You repeat my argument. An argument that contradicts your other post. Horry is a non-factor on both the offensive and defensive end. Just get the hell out of here. You know nothing about this game.

Horry
-Offensive: Crap
-Defensive: He doesn't play any
-Conditioning: He can barely run up the floor

What little things? Don't bring up the psychological crap because the commentators just say that to make it seem like he's actually doing something. All Horry was known for is making big shots (because he sucks on defense), so offense was his only good trait before. He completely sucks on offense no so he's USELESS.

You're also useless in this thread. Just leave :lmao

sabar
06-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Horry plays no defense? What team do you watch?

sprrs
06-30-2008, 09:36 PM
What little things? Don't bring up the psychological crap because the commentators just say that to make it seem like he's actually doing something. All Horry was known for is making big shots (because he sucks on defense), so offense was his only good trait before. He completely sucks on offense no so he's USELESS.

I'm not wasting my time arguing with someone who doesn't know basketball. Go join a little league team and learn a thing or two before you come back here.

Deuces88
07-01-2008, 05:13 AM
Horry plays no defense? What team do you watch?

If you think he plays defense then just leave the forum because the guy can barely get up the floor. There are times when you don't even know he's in the game because he's a non-presence.

I'm not wasting my time arguing with someone who doesn't know basketball. Go join a little league team and learn a thing or two before you come back here.

Yea, just repeat what I said to you. Only thing is I show your lack of intelligence in this game because you don't know crap about basketball. You actually but into the "little things" argument. Shows you truly are an amateur.

sprrs
07-01-2008, 04:14 PM
If you think he plays defense then just leave the forum because the guy can barely get up the floor. There are times when you don't even know he's in the game because he's a non-presence.

Yea, just repeat what I said to you. Only thing is I show your lack of intelligence in this game because you don't know crap about basketball. You actually but into the "little things" argument. Shows you truly are an amateur.

Find one person to agree with you on the "little things." Just one. You won't be able to.