PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight (movie thread) 7/18 baby

Pages : [1] 2

mFFL03
06-28-2008, 11:24 PM
way too many threads about separate incidents over the last year and a half.

this movie deserves it's own thread...and i'm gonna give it to em.

this is for hopes, hypes, reviews, and concerns. plus any of that oscar-hope crap going on already, pics, clips, etc.

i got my imax tix already....not midnight, not friday...but saturday. there's no way i can compete with all the kids running around out of school. i got a hunger to feed jack, and a job that pays me.

by the way....have you seen the movie clips released?

http://www.knight-fall.com/TDK.html

12 new clips.....the joker is in 8 and 12...enjoy!

curtismedellin
06-29-2008, 01:04 AM
way too many threads about separate incidents over the last year and a half.

this movie deserves it's own thread...and i'm gonna give it to em.

this is for hopes, hypes, reviews, and concerns. plus any of that oscar-hope crap going on already, pics, clips, etc.

i got my imax tix already....not midnight, not friday...but saturday. there's no way i can compete with all the kids running around out of school. i got a hunger to feed jack, and a job that pays me.

by the way....have you seen the movie clips released?

http://www.knight-fall.com/TDK.html

12 new clips.....the joker is in 8 and 12...enjoy!

This movie deserves it's own thread????
Are you kidding????

I mean are you fucking kidding????

Shit...another Dark Knight thread?

I thought this is what the geek zone was for....shit

curtismedellin
06-29-2008, 01:08 AM
Fuck this...someone please help this moron stop the fuckin madness...

Use the search this thread to add your opinion about this shit.

Damn I was looking foward to seeing this movie.

T Park
06-29-2008, 01:33 AM
I clicked on the links and they were sound, no video.

curtismedellin
06-29-2008, 01:39 AM
^^^^^^
geek zone

dirk4mvp
06-29-2008, 01:43 AM
i remember that one Red Rider faggot starting a million dark knight threads everytime a new joker pic was released.

let's just turn this into a Christian Bale thread.

J.T.
06-29-2008, 02:15 AM
let's just turn this into a Christian Bale thread.

I liked him in American Psycho.

mFFL03
06-29-2008, 02:15 AM
yeah all the other threads are...."OMGZORGZ new pics!"

so this should put an end to that....

as for the links, you gotta download holmes....right click and save as...it's in avi...

i was streaming it to my xbox 360, not the best picture, but certainly a loud one

might want to hurry on it too, apparently WB released them exclusively only to a website and some media outlets, but the filmmakers made them take it down...

curtismedellin
06-29-2008, 02:46 AM
yeah all the other threads are...."OMGZORGZ new pics!"

so this should put an end to that....

as for the links, you gotta download holmes...

Still lame HOLMES, your thread adds nothing to all the other OMGZORGZ new pics threads.

IMO

I may be wrong.

mFFL03
06-29-2008, 02:49 AM
back on topic Hellboy fan, we'll see your frickin movie too, jezus

curtismedellin
06-29-2008, 02:55 AM
not a hellboy fan, tired of all the dark knight shit.
and i wanna see the movie but give me a fuckin break....

Ill watch Step brothers before Dark Knight

Geek

mFFL03
06-29-2008, 03:00 AM
you don't exist to me...bye now

curtismedellin
06-29-2008, 03:31 AM
[QUOTE=curtismedellin;2631682]

Ill watch Step brothers before Dark Knight
/QUOTE]

I'll stand by that quote and probably laugh my ass off.

1Parker1
06-29-2008, 10:27 AM
This is probably just me, but does anyone else think they did a really bad job on the makeup for The Joker (Health Ledger's character)??? It looks like it was sloppily applied. When I picture the Joker, I picture the kind of makeup they did on Jack back in the day.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a165/miss_whisky/HeathLedgerJackNicholsonJoker.jpg

Health Ledger's character looks more like a zombie or something.

Mister Sinister
06-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Zomg, motherfucking Deathstroke!

mFFL03
06-29-2008, 11:36 AM
This is probably just me, but does anyone else think they did a really bad job on the makeup for The Joker (Health Ledger's character)??? It looks like it was sloppily applied. When I picture the Joker, I picture the kind of makeup they did on Jack back in the day.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a165/miss_whisky/HeathLedgerJackNicholsonJoker.jpg

i prefer sloppy psychopath as opposed to pompous paintbrush joker...but thats just me

mFFL03
07-03-2008, 08:53 AM
new joker clip!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BqJeHW53Lp0

its after all the swedish talk

peewee's lovechild
07-03-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm going to start a new thread when the movie comes out.

BigZak
07-03-2008, 09:16 AM
there's a new batman coming out?

PM5K
07-03-2008, 10:49 AM

That's the freakin idea, also notice how his clothes look like they came out of a dumpters and Jacks look like he just got them from the cleaners?

mFFL03
07-03-2008, 02:34 PM

hmmm....you may have a loophole....this isn't "The OFFICIAL...." thread now is it?

ComfortablyNumb
07-03-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm looking forward to it. I'm staying away from all the trailers and such though.

T Park
07-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Haha

I think I like Heath's version better. It more fits the psychopath that his character is supposed to be.

The makeup isn't supposed to be "perfect" either. Dudes nuts, and whatever :lol

I dunno, movie looks pretty kick ass to me.

JoeChalupa
07-04-2008, 12:56 AM
I'm going to have to break down and see this on the big screen.

angelbelow
07-04-2008, 01:53 AM
last 3 times i went to the movie theaters, 50% of me just wanted to watch the dark knight trailer.

curtismedellin
07-04-2008, 02:48 AM

what will you name it???
How about The New Dark Knight Movie Thread?

or how about

The End All Be All Dark Knight Movie Thread??

Just throwing it out there.

mFFL03
07-11-2008, 12:45 AM
7 days!

Sherlock Holmes
07-11-2008, 12:49 AM
I just saw a trailer for it on TV. Looks to be really good.

mFFL03
07-12-2008, 05:48 PM
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/07/11/dark-knight-exclusive-clip/

this clip could be spoilerish depending on which way you look at it.

here's six words that sum it up:

joker, batman, tumbler, 18wheeler, bazooka, OWNed

midgetonadonkey
07-12-2008, 10:00 PM
A six minute bank heist scene in terrible cam quality.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/147082.html

mFFL03
07-13-2008, 12:44 AM
come on now, thats from december...

here's from july ripped from the new DVD....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fDyFC9oFDkM

florige
07-14-2008, 08:31 AM
I was watching him on Good Morning America a few minutes ago and had no idea that he was from Wales. I heard his accent and started thinking WTF? He and Colin Ferrell are the best at hiding their accents during their acting roles.

PM5K
07-14-2008, 11:52 AM
I was watching him on Good Morning America a few minutes ago and had no idea that he was from Wales. I heard his accent and started thinking WTF? He and Colin Ferrell are the best at hiding their accents during their acting roles.

I thought he was still hiding it to avoid confusion.

I'll have to search for some video because I've never heard him talk with his accent...

florige
07-14-2008, 12:16 PM
I thought he was still hiding it to avoid confusion.

I'll have to search for some video because I've never heard him talk with his accent...

Here is the interview right here dude. It's not as thick as Colin Ferrell's, but you can still def tell that he isn't from here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2SW9FYz9oY

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-15-2008, 04:07 PM
http://is.gd/Ugd

Here's the cake we got and the accompanying story about the marketing campaign.

http://preview.ksat.com/2008/0715/16891620.jpg

T Park
07-15-2008, 06:46 PM
This movie just might be the best comic book movie ever made.

Looks to be very well written, and very well done.

O-Factor
07-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Can't wait.

http://media.funlol.com/content/img/heath-ledger-as-joker.gif

PM5K
07-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Yeah he should have stayed in character like I read he was.

Anyone see the trailer on the side of the Palladium Imax?

Sherlock Holmes
07-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Can't wait.

http://media.funlol.com/content/img/heath-ledger-as-joker.gif

The guy in the back looks like he is doggy-styling someone.

brettn
07-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Yeah he should have stayed in character like I read he was.

Anyone see the trailer on the side of the Palladium Imax?

I saw wanted a few nights ago, and yes i saw it. Got me even more excited for the movie.

Seeing it late Friday, getting tickets tommorow!

PM5K
07-16-2008, 12:22 AM
I saw wanted a few nights ago, and yes i saw it. Got me even more excited for the movie.

Seeing it late Friday, getting tickets tommorow!

I already have my Friday morning tickets for the 12:00 am showing...

brettn
07-16-2008, 12:31 AM
I already have my Friday morning tickets for the 12:00 am showing...

Nice. I didn't really feel like fighting the shit storm that I'm sure will ensue at Thursday at midnight and going to work tired as fuck the next morning. Not that Friday will be much better, but at least I'll feel better about myself. And I can sleep in =)

ComfortablyNumb
07-16-2008, 12:33 AM
It'll be interesting to see the reviews from the common viewers.

PM5K
07-16-2008, 01:38 AM
Nice. I didn't really feel like fighting the shit storm that I'm sure will ensue at Thursday at midnight and going to work tired as fuck the next morning. Not that Friday will be much better, but at least I'll feel better about myself. And I can sleep in =)

I don't know, I can't imagine it will be any worse than it usually is, I'm going to the Palladium Imax which is always busy.

So far they have it playing on seven screens, including the IMAX, four of them are sold out, and the 3:15 AM IMAX is also sold out.

They are also having something at 8:30, don't know what though...

MaNuMaNiAc
07-16-2008, 03:01 AM
The movie premiers on the 17th here in Buenos Aires

ATRAIN
07-16-2008, 07:36 AM
got my tickets for Sat. Does anyone have the Blu Ray of Batman Begins?

ATRAIN
07-16-2008, 08:57 AM
no but i have it on laser disc

God damn your fucking retarded aren't you?

slowchild25
07-16-2008, 09:26 AM

I think that's the point though. In Burton's Batman the Joker is permanently scarred like that so the make up has to be perfect. In the Dark Knight it's actually the Joker applying make up to himself not a deformity.

T Park
07-16-2008, 10:31 AM
got my tickets for Sat. Does anyone have the Blu Ray of Batman Begins?

Did they make it on blu ray?

The movie that NEEDS to be on Blu Ray is freaking Wedding Crashers.

ATRAIN
07-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Did they make it on blu ray?

The movie that NEEDS to be on Blu Ray is freaking Wedding Crashers.

Yeah just came out like a week or so ago? I ordered it online today so im going to watch it before I go watch Dark Knight.

dickface
07-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Yeah just came out like a week or so ago? I ordered it online today so im going to watch it before I go watch Dark Knight.

shoulda got the laserdisc instead

ATRAIN
07-16-2008, 10:51 AM
shoulda got the laserdisc instead

and chimes in retard number 2

dickface
07-16-2008, 10:57 AM
what, laserdisc has better special features.

stretch
07-16-2008, 10:59 AM
no but i have it on laser disc

LMAO

Whisky Dog
07-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Screw going this weekend. I'll just go see it on Monday when it'll be slower. All of the IMAX showings for this weekend are sold out here anyway.

ATRAIN
07-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Screw going this weekend. I'll just go see it on Monday when it'll be slower. All of the IMAX showings for this weekend are sold out here anyway.

I tried getting tickets to the Imax, but the imax here in Austin isnt selling the tickets online.

macdude06
07-17-2008, 03:00 AM
Just saw this movie in the Imax.. It was awesome to say the least..

Heath amazingly played joker

everyone see this..

ttdog
07-17-2008, 11:06 AM
I tried getting tickets to the Imax, but the imax here in Austin isnt selling the tickets online.

Austin Imax tickets are sold online here:

http://www.museumtix.com/ticket/ord_eventdate.asp?pvt=tsh&vid=569&pid=10362316&evd=7%252F17%252F2008&code=

They're sold out thru Sunday.

brettn
07-17-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm hoping for Arnold to make an appearance and renew his role from the classic, though unrelated, Batman & Robin movie!

VNaDZIrxh-0

midgetonadonkey
07-17-2008, 05:37 PM
I just bought tickets for Monday night showing at the Palladium IMAX. Hopefully it won't be as packed as this weekend.

T Park
07-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Yeah Im heading down to the Irvine Spectrum monday night to watch it too.

Fuck this shit this weekend, gonna be a madhouse.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Saw it today. Other than the fact that Heath Ledger gave one hell of a performance, the movie was mediocre. Heath just carries the whole thing. Before I saw the movie, I had to agree with Chump, I thought Heath was being overhyped because of his death. Man, was I wrong! The dude was awesome! He overshadowed EVERYONE.

With regards to the rest of the cast, I thought Maggie Gyllenhaal was crap in this movie. The little lines she got to deliver, she fucked them up. Now, I've always been a fan of Bale, and I thought he gave a very decent performance, I just can't get over the stupid voice he uses when he puts the costume on. It was fucking ridiculous, to the point where I just cringed every time he spoke. Eckhart I thought was quite good.

All in all the movie was just alright. The amount of bullshit hype surrounding the movie is unbelievable though. I mean they're giving it a 9.7 at IMDB.com... give me a fucking break! they're calling it a masterpiece?? the only masterpiece in this movie is Heath's portrayal of the Joker.

macdude06
07-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Saw it today. Other than the fact that Heath Ledger gave one hell of a performance, the movie was mediocre. Heath just carries the whole thing. Before I saw the movie, I had to agree with Chump, I thought Heath was being overhyped because of his death. Man, was I wrong! The dude was awesome! He overshadowed EVERYONE.

With regards to the rest of the cast, I thought Maggie Gyllenhaal was crap in this movie. The little lines she got to deliver, she fucked them up. Now, I've always been a fan of Bale, and I thought he gave a very decent performance, I just can't get over the stupid voice he uses when he puts the costume on. It was fucking ridiculous, to the point where I just cringed every time he spoke. Eckhart I thought was quite good.

All in all the movie was just alright. The amount of bullshit hype surrounding the movie is unbelievable though. I mean they're giving it a 9.7 at IMDB.com... give me a fucking break! they're calling it a masterpiece?? the only masterpiece in this movie is Heath's portrayal of the Joker. After watching the damn thing I feel quite sad that we won't be able to see him in the third installment. In fact, I think the third installment is going to blow because of this.

I saw it and have to disagree.. Yes heath delivered extremely well.. this movie was awesome..it was never dull and always something happening or on your edge to about to happen..

ZStomp
07-17-2008, 10:23 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yavK0mnE3wI

haha

dirk4mvp
07-18-2008, 03:24 AM
badass fucking movie.

Heath should win every award he's eligible for with that performance.

Sec24Row7
07-18-2008, 03:32 AM
I am having geek spasms because of how good that movie was...

Incredible... best movie of the Summer so far....

Fuck Wall E

KidCongo
07-18-2008, 04:05 AM
Saw it last night. Pretty good. Maniac, Batmans voice pissed me off too. Heath was pretty fucking good.

PM5K
07-18-2008, 04:08 AM
Batmans voice was the same as it was in Begins except for near the end, I can only assume it was because of his injuries that he spoke differently.

KidCongo
07-18-2008, 04:15 AM
Batmans voice was the same as it was in Begins except for near the end, I can only assume it was because of his injuries that he spoke differently.

yer i haven't seen begins

misterx91578
07-18-2008, 05:02 AM
just saw it the movie is fucking awesome

v2freak
07-18-2008, 05:17 AM
It is my belief that there are only 4 types of movies being made right now:

1.) Movies based on comic books
2.) Spoofs
3.) Pixar cartoons
4.) Movies that feature children as protagonists

Why the obsession with movies based on comic books?

Ex: not enough to have one Hulk in 4 years, gotta make two versions!
Ex: gotta reboot the whole Batman and Superman series!

Fillmoe
07-18-2008, 05:38 AM
Just got back from the movie..... shit was DOPE!

florige
07-18-2008, 07:39 AM
Man I might have to end up seeing it before Sunday if I keep reading these reviews everywhere.

batman2883
07-18-2008, 07:49 AM
Watched The 12:01 Showing At The Imax Last Night And Oh My Fucking God!!!!! Best Batman Movie Ever, And Heath Ledger Seriously Deserves An Academy Award, He Completely Nailed The Joker Role, He Was The Best Part Of The Movie....

florige
07-18-2008, 08:01 AM
Watched The 12:01 Showing At The Imax Last Night And Oh My Fucking God!!!!! Best Batman Movie Ever, And Heath Ledger Seriously Deserves An Academy Award, He Completely Nailed The Joker Role, He Was The Best Part Of The Movie....

It figures he nails the role and he isn't around anymore....:rolleyes

monosylab1k
07-18-2008, 08:03 AM
Damned impressive. Lives up to the hype, which is remarkable considering how much hype there is.

Heath Ledger is incredible. He's always intriguing, unpredictable, and completely insane but somehow his performance is never over the top. The only reason Heath Ledger doesn't get nominated for Best Suppporting Actor is because he gets nominated for Best Actor instead. You can make a case that this movie is about the Joker & Harvey Dent, and that Batman is a supporting character.

Only 2 complaints:

1) A little too long. Drags on a bit. But lately it seems like all great movies suffer from being about 10 minutes too long.

2) SPOILERS: Harvey Dent, District Attorney is a great character. Harvey Dent, Two-Face is pretty damn terrible. They completely fouled up Two-Face, and it's really disappointing. Granted, it's not a "Topher Fucking Grace As Venom" level of complete, devastating annihilation of a villain to the point where you can never take that villain seriously ever again. It's more along the lines of seeing Star Wars Ep. III and you see Vader for the first time near the end and you think "hell yes!" but then immediately Vader let's out an emo "Nooooooooooooooo!" and you get kinda disappointed because your favorite villain just became a whiny bitch for a moment. It's kind of like that. Won't ruin the movie, or even the character of Two-Face, for you, but at the same time you leave the theater disappointed that they mishandled a great villain like that.

All in all, go see it. This movie is worth every dollar.

johnsmith
07-18-2008, 08:18 AM
After watching the damn thing I feel quite sad that we won't be able to see him in the third installment. In fact, I think the third installment is going to blow because of this.

If I go see this movie and the Joker lives and I already knew it because you were too fucking stupid to get off your high horse and leak it on your weak ass review, I'm flying to Argentina and kicking you in the nuts.

Fuck you're an ass hole.

:bang

stretch
07-18-2008, 08:28 AM
movie was amazingly good.

only thing that pissed me off was that i had too much water before the movie and about an hour into it i had to piss like a bitch but didnt wanna get up so i had to gut out another hour and a half before i could go, but it was even worse cuz i got stuck behind some fatass who was the size of the entire fucking hallway i was exiting out of and walked about the pace of a grizzly bear that just got shot up the ass with novocaine. after i finally got out of the damn theatre, it seemed like every fucking douchebag in existence decides to walk in my path and bump into me to delay my trip to the restroom. when i finally get there, there is piss all over the floor in front of the urinal i was about to use, but i had to whizz so bad that i didnt care at that point. my piss was so long that i was pissing for the entire time that it took for my brother to walk into the restroom, pee, wash his hands, dry them with one of those shitty air blowing machines that take 5 minutes to get your hands dry (why cant we just use fucking paper towels?), and walk out before i finished my business.

but it was quite possibly the best pee ive ever taken, so in the end i was even more thrilled with batman. amazing movie that lead to an amazing piss (despite everything in the fucking world trying to prevent it)

to21
07-18-2008, 08:29 AM
Saw it today at 12:01 AM.......great, great movie. I must have been the oldest person in the theater at 35 :lol

The ONLY complaint I have is it was a little too long (I know, I should not complain when a good movie is too long).

stretch
07-18-2008, 08:29 AM
If I go see this movie and the Joker lives and I already knew it because you were too fucking stupid to get off your high horse and leak it on your weak ass review, I'm flying to Argentina and kicking you in the nuts.

Fuck you're an ass hole.

:lmao

stretch
07-18-2008, 08:30 AM
The ONLY complaint I have is it was a little too long (I know, I should not complain when a good movie is too long).

that was about the only complaint i had. and Rachel Dawes looked kinda old to me. but fact is, those points are simply nitpicking for flaws, and thats all i could really find. thats how good this movie is.

florige
07-18-2008, 08:31 AM

Fuck you're an ass hole.

:lol Maybe he was talking about Heath Ledger himself not the Joker character as a whole....

MaNuMaNiAc
07-18-2008, 08:32 AM

Fuck you're an ass hole.

WTF are you rambling on about you stupid fuck! I meant that its a sad thing Heath Ledger is dead and won't be able to give anymore performances like this one. If your stupid ass jumps to fucking conclusions its not my problem. Now STFU and go cry somewhere else, bitch!

MaNuMaNiAc
07-18-2008, 08:33 AM
:lol Maybe he was talking about Heath Ledger himself not the Joker character as a whole....

BINGO!! Shit, every goddamn post in here has to be idiot proof now a days... :bang

johnsmith
07-18-2008, 08:37 AM
WTF are you rambling on about you stupid fuck! I meant that its a sad thing Heath Ledger is dead and won't be able to give anymore performances like this one. If your stupid ass jumps to fucking conclusions its not my problem. Now STFU and go cry somewhere else, bitch!

Look you argie twat, I said "if".

So you are the one jumping to conclusions now aren't you?

Fucking douche bag hypocrite.

johnsmith
07-18-2008, 08:39 AM
BINGO!! Shit, every goddamn post in here has to be idiot proof now a days... :bang

I agree.

I mean, clearly I wrote, "if the joker lives" and yet you assumed I said "The joker lives? Fuck, now the movie is ruined for me".

Look, if you want me to board a plane, or whatever the hell transports one to that shitty sliver of a country way down there and kick you in the nuts, that's fine, just let me know.

Otherwise, continue with your "high and mighty" movie reviews that make you seem like an arrogant jackass reviewing movies for USA Today.

MaNuMaNiAc
Look you argie twat, I said "if".

So you are the one jumping to conclusions now aren't you?

Fucking douche bag hypocrite.

Go fuck yourself johnny boy! What's the matter? did I hurt your little batman fanboy feelings? Eat shit. You misunderstood, jumped to conclusions and made an ass of yourself. STFU already!

to21

only thing that pissed me off was that i had too much water before the movie and about an hour into it i had to piss like a bitch but didnt wanna get up so i had to gut out another hour and a half before i could go, but it was even worse cuz i got stuck behind some fatass who was the size of the entire fucking hallway i was exiting out of and walked about the pace of a grizzly bear that just got shot up the ass with novocaine. after i finally got out of the damn theatre, it seemed like every fucking douchebag in existence decides to walk in my path and bump into me to delay my trip to the restroom. when i finally get there, there is piss all over the floor in front of the urinal i was about to use, but i had to whizz so bad that i didnt care at that point. my piss was so long that i was pissing for the entire time that it took for my brother to walk into the restroom, pee, wash his hands, dry them with one of those shitty air blowing machines that take 5 minutes to get your hands dry (why cant we just use fucking paper towels?), and walk out before i finished my business.

but it was quite possibly the best pee ive ever taken, so in the end i was even more thrilled with batman. amazing movie that lead to an amazing piss (despite everything in the fucking world trying to prevent it):lmao Yeah this happen to me to. Did you shiver when the stream of relief exited your system? I do after a long one.

I really thought the movie was about to be over when I realize we had another hour to go.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-18-2008, 08:40 AM
I agree.

I mean, clearly I wrote, "if the joker lives" and yet you assumed I said "The joker lives? Fuck, now the movie is ruined for me".

Look, if you want me to board a plane, or whatever the hell transports one to that shitty sliver of a country way down there and kick you in the nuts, that's fine, just let me know.

Otherwise, continue with your "high and mighty" movie reviews that make you seem like an arrogant jackass reviewing movies for USA Today.

internet tough guy routine? seriously???

johnsmith
07-18-2008, 08:41 AM
Go fuck yourself johnny boy! What's the matter? did I hurt your little batman fanboy feelings? Eat shit. You misunderstood, jumped to conclusions and made an ass of yourself. STFU already!

I'm a batman fanboy now? Fuck, when did that happen?

Eat shit..............sweet insult.

I didn't misunderstand anything, you implied that he possibly could have lived and I said if he does I'm going to kick you in the nuts.

So I will continue to post, and not STFU as you have requested.

Thanks anyway.

johnsmith
07-18-2008, 08:43 AM

Who's being a tough guy?

You told me to eat shit, but that's not being an internet tough guy?

Do you ever tire of being a hypocrite?

Better yet, why don't you fly up to a real country and I'll kick you in the nuts on American soil, that way you can tell your one friend about what happened to you in America.

monosylab1k
I really wonder who in Hollywood convinced everybody that Maggie Gylenhaal is good looking? She is as big a root as there is. She is really not good looking at all. At all. I'd sooner fuck Christian Bale than that ugly skank. She needs to stop being in movies that I watch.

monosylab1k
Better yet, why don't you fly up to a real country and I'll kick you in the nuts on American soil, that way you can tell your one friend about what happened to you in America.

:lmao

stretch
07-18-2008, 08:48 AM

you posted that after posting these?

wow. i think you got a little too butthurt over what was clearly a joke by johnsmith from the get go.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Who's being a tough guy?

You told me to eat shit, but that's not being an internet tough guy?

Do you ever tire of being a hypocrite?

I'm not the one throwing around threats of kicking people in the nuts (which is particularly pathetic to begin with). The internet tough guy routine doesn't consists of insults you jackass, its people like you that think threatening someone over the internet message boards is somehow cool :lol.

and let me just :lmao @ the country smack! Yeah, I live in a third world country. Let me tell you something, living in America doesn't preclude you from being a complete and utter fucking tool. Ex. YOU!

MaNuMaNiAc
07-18-2008, 08:52 AM
you posted that after posting these?

What? insults? that's not me being a tough guy. That's be describing what johnsmith can do with his little whiny ass bullshit. Just a suggestion. Again, I'm not the one with the threats.

wow. i think you got a little too butthurt over what was clearly a joke by johnsmith from the get go.

I don't take too well to being called an asshole, especially by a whiny little shit like johnsmith.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-18-2008, 08:54 AM
By the way johnsmith, I already deleted that part to prevent others from making the same stupid mistake you did. You can stop crying now.

johnsmith
07-18-2008, 08:54 AM
I'm not the one throwing around threats of kicking people in the nuts (which is particularly pathetic to begin with). The internet tough guy routine doesn't consists of insults you jackass, its people like you that think threatening someone over the internet message boards is somehow cool :lol.

and let me just :lmao @ the country smack! Yeah, I live in a third world country. Let me tell you something, living in America doesn't preclude you from being a complete and utter fucking tool. Ex. YOU!

Yes you fucking idiot. I was actually planning on boarding one of those planes with the chickens in the back, coming to Argentina and kicking you in the nuts. Is everyone in your country as big a pussy as you and deems things like this as a threat?

LoL, Argentina.

johnsmith
07-18-2008, 08:56 AM
By the way johnsmith, I already deleted that part to prevent others from making the same stupid mistake you did. You can stop crying now.

So basically you're admitting that others could come to that conclusion based on your original post and that you were indeed an asshole from the get go and that this all could have been avoided had you just apologized and deleted it the first time.

Basically that's it huh?

stretch
07-18-2008, 08:56 AM
What? insults? that's not me being a tough guy. That's be describing what johnsmith can do with his little whiny ass bullshit. Just a suggestion. Again, I'm not the one with the threats.

I don't take too well to being called an asshole, especially by a whiny little shit like johnsmith.

welcome to internet forums. if you dont like it, then make him look like an idiot. doing nothing but hurling insults back makes you look like a chode.

stretch
07-18-2008, 08:57 AM
LoL, Argentina.

okay, now you went too far by ripping from my line you faggot.

lol cutler

MaNuMaNiAc
07-18-2008, 08:57 AM
Yes you fucking idiot. I was actually planning on boarding one of those planes with the chickens in the back, coming to Argentina and kicking you in the nuts. Is everyone in your country as big a pussy as you and deems things like this as a threat?

LoL, Argentina.

How am I supposed to know? You might just be that stupid. Point is you were wrong in your assumption and called me an asshole. I'm just giving you your response.

to21
07-18-2008, 09:01 AM
^^ Wow relax.

Asshole is a term of endearment here in the States.

MaNuMaNiAc
So basically you're admitting that others could come to that conclusion based on your original post and that you were indeed an asshole from the get go and that this all could have been avoided had you just apologized and deleted it the first time.

Basically that's it huh?

No, I'm simply taking steps to prevent other idiots like you (or is it your ego is so big you think you're unique in your idiocy?) from jumping to fucking conclusion and calling me names, thereby igniting yet another one of these stupid fucking situations. Clear enough for ya?

to21
Yeah the movie was good......BTW.

johnsmith
07-18-2008, 09:02 AM
okay, now you went too far by ripping from my line you faggot.

lol cutler

Fuck, I forgot to do the copyright thing. Forgive?

MavDynasty
07-18-2008, 09:03 AM
lol @ John Smith.

First he yells at Manu and then he tries to hide the fact he doesnt know shit.

johnsmith
How am I supposed to know?

Not being a complete fucking idiot would be a good start.

johnsmith
lol @ John Smith.

then he tries to hide the fact he doesnt know shit.

????

florige
07-18-2008, 09:04 AM

but it was quite possibly the best pee ive ever taken, so in the end i was even more thrilled with batman. amazing movie that lead to an amazing piss (despite everything in the fucking world trying to prevent it)

Thats why for a movie like that I don't eat or drink crap before a movie of that calliber... Screw that!!!

johnsmith
07-18-2008, 09:05 AM
No, I'm simply taking steps to prevent other idiots like you (or is it your ego is so big you think you're unique in your idiocy?) from jumping to fucking conclusion and calling me names, thereby igniting yet another one of these stupid fucking situations. Clear enough for ya?

So the general public should be able to determine through the use of an internet message board on what you are trying to convey, even when you are vague?

So who has the ego issues again?

LOL, Argentina. copyright stretch.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-18-2008, 09:08 AM
So the general public should be able to determine through the use of an internet message board on what you are trying to convey, even when you are vague?

So who has the ego issues again?

LOL, Argentina. copyright stretch.

It doesn't take much to realize I was talking about Legder and not the fucking Joker. Just a bit of intelligence... I'm sorry if that was too much to ask in your case.

Tell you what, next time you choose to call someone "too fucking stupid" and "fuck you're an ass hole" because of one of your own fucking misconceptions, THINK TWICE!

florige
07-18-2008, 09:09 AM
:lol You guys are a trip.....

johnsmith
07-18-2008, 09:16 AM
It doesn't take much to realize I was talking about Legder and not the fucking Joker. Just a bit of intelligence... I'm sorry if that was too much to ask in your case.

Tell you what, next time you choose to call someone "too fucking stupid" and "fuck you're an ass hole" because of one of your own fucking misconceptions, THINK TWICE!

Jesus, you're really holding on to this ass hole, and stupid comment aren't you? For someone saying that I'm crying about it, you sure dribble out the same shit.

Look argie, you typed something that I obviously miscontrued and you obviously acknowledge that it could be confusing by deleting it later on. It was a simple matter of communication gone wrong.

Having said that, it doesn't change the fact that you are indeed "fucking stupid", and you certainly are an "ass hole". And that goes without saying really.

LOL, Argentina.

Mister Sinister
07-18-2008, 09:19 AM
Movie was the shit. Stay tuned, there *will* be video of me reeling off the spiel in my sig.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Jesus, you're really holding on to this ass hole, and stupid comment aren't you? For someone saying that I'm crying about it, you sure dribble out the same shit.

Look argie, you typed something that I obviously miscontrued and you obviously acknowledge that it could be confusing by deleting it later on. It was a simple matter of communication gone wrong.

Having said that, it doesn't change the fact that you are indeed "fucking stupid", and you certainly are an "ass hole". And that goes without saying really.

LOL, Argentina.

Man, you sure are one consistently retarded pain in the ass, aren't you? Just a bit of advice, try and work on those lapses in communication of yours, they sure are fucking annoying.

johnsmith
07-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Man, you sure are one consistently retarded pain in the ass, aren't you? Just a bit of advice, try and work on those lapses in communication of yours, they sure are fucking annoying.

LOL, Argentina.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-18-2008, 09:44 AM
LOL, Argentina.

I rest my case :lol

johnsmith
07-18-2008, 09:44 AM
I rest my case :lol

LOL, 3rd world.

monosylab1k
07-18-2008, 09:45 AM
:lol see this exchange has really helped me get through the morning, considering I'm working on 1 hour or so of sleep.

johnsmith
07-18-2008, 09:46 AM
:lol see this exchange has really helped me get through the morning, considering I'm working on 1 hour or so of sleep.

Same here. Nothing cracks me up and entertains me the way the posters of the club just get so riled up.

It always transitions me into the weekend quite nicely.

stretch
07-18-2008, 09:58 AM
this has been a good start to my friday i know.

batman2883
07-18-2008, 11:50 AM

Fuck you're an ass hole.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

batman2883
07-18-2008, 11:51 AM
went to midnight showing got home at 330 and got to work at 630 and i work till about 3 this morning now too dang it!!!

jman3000
07-18-2008, 11:58 AM
great movie... but:

was it me or did bale's batman voice sound a bit more retarded than it did in Begins?

also ... that part where batman dies and comes back to life as superbatman was just a bit retarded and felt rushed.

midgetonadonkey
07-18-2008, 12:45 PM
I heard the movie was so good people were high fiving each other.

monosylab1k
07-18-2008, 12:48 PM
oh yeah, forgot to mention before:

stay through the credits people, you get to see a setup for the next one. Looks like the next villain will definitely be The Riddler.

stretch
07-18-2008, 12:57 PM
also ... that part where batman dies and comes back to life as superbatman was just a bit retarded and felt rushed.

:wtf

Ronaldo McDonald
07-18-2008, 01:07 PM
I won't be going to the movie on opening day for the simple fact that 75% of the people who are going to be going are going because everybody is going to go where they are going and vice versa.

monosylab1k
07-18-2008, 01:09 PM
I won't be going to the movie on opening day for the simple fact that 75% of the people who are going to be going are going because everybody is going to go.

nonconformist. i like that. way to take a stand.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-18-2008, 01:11 PM
nonconformist. i like that. way to take a stand.

thanks.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-18-2008, 01:15 PM
It's a shame Heath died, but it could have been worse: his last film could have been Broke Back, in which case he would have been remembered as the "guy who played the gay cow boy" and not the much cooler "joker".

Spurminator
07-18-2008, 01:16 PM
It was a little unnerving when Bruce Wayne and Alfred kissed after the opening credits, but I can't believe they had an Alicia Silverstone Batgirl cameo. That ruined the whole movie for me.

CuckingFunt
07-18-2008, 05:23 PM
It was a little unnerving when Bruce Wayne and Alfred kissed after the opening credits,

You should've seen what they did after the closing credits.

Actually, no. I take that back. NO ONE should have seen that.

jman3000
07-18-2008, 06:54 PM
having nick fury ask batman to join the avengers over the phone was a bit disrespectul to batman.. i mean... at least meet with him in person... you gave that courtesy to iron man.

almost ruined the movie for me.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-18-2008, 07:20 PM
You should've seen what they did after the closing credits.

Actually, no. I take that back. NO ONE should have seen that.

Batman struggling with his sexuality would make for an an interesting movie...

monosylab1k
07-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Batman struggling with his sexuality would make for an an interesting movie...

Which makes the after-credits appearance of Robin all the more interesting.

Ronaldo McDonald
Maybe he'll think about going by "Doveman"

Ronaldo McDonald
The Dovemobile?

dallaskd
07-18-2008, 07:26 PM
about to leave my house to see this...

lefty
07-18-2008, 07:49 PM
I'll watch it in IMAX tomorrow :hat:hat:hat

ShoogarBear
07-18-2008, 09:20 PM
:lmao The #3 movie of all-time at IMDB.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

MaNuMaNiAc
07-18-2008, 09:32 PM

I know... ridiculous. I mean, I liked it and all, but its getting ridiculous how overrated its becoming.

angelbelow
07-19-2008, 01:32 AM
it was very entertaining, but the film as a whole is overrated.

atxrocker
07-19-2008, 01:43 AM
hate to say it, because i really liked it but i agree with ManuManiac and angelbelow about the movie being overrated. just got back and i have to say that i didn't bust a nut over it.

T Park
07-19-2008, 01:51 AM

stay through the credits people, you get to see a setup for the next one. Looks like the next villain will definitely be The Riddler.

Nice.

I wonder who Nolan has in mind for the Riddler.

The Riddler is an awesome villain too ruined by the previous franchise.

mFFL03
07-19-2008, 09:23 AM

fo real?

Sherlock Holmes
07-19-2008, 01:34 PM

I don't get why that is so funny.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-19-2008, 01:57 PM
I don't get why that is so funny.

Come on man! You're seriously telling me you think this movie is top 3 all time?? what are you smoking?

Sherlock Holmes
07-19-2008, 02:14 PM
Come on man! You're seriously telling me you think this movie is top 3 all time?? what are you smoking?
That's IMDB's fault. That whole list is subjective on IMDB. Those are all fan votes and in the end all lists are subjective. The reason Dark Knight is tied for number 1 right is because the movie just came out and it's lived up to all it's hype so it's probably been getting 10's across the board by regular viewers and critics alike. In fact the lowest grade I've seen by a critic for this movie is a B- and his main complaint was that it was a comic book movie. Also another reason that list is flawed is that it combines every single type of movie genre, when it shouldn't. When I rate the Dark Knight I am not going to rate it on the same standards on what people review the God Father as, it doesn't make sense. Two totally different movies, one is an action comic thriller, the other is drama. Furthermore that list has Wall-E at number 26 or something........WTF. Point is that list doesn't make any sense at all , I will rank Dark Knight as the number 1 comic book movie, but to have a list that compacts every single movie genre into 1 and rate it is ridiculos. Also Dark Knights around 10000 votes whereas GodFather and ShawShank Redemption have more, it's a matter of time where people who want to perserve those spots start giving Dark Knight 0's to lower it on the list. So based on how the Dark Knight is and what it's main goal as a movie is, of course it's going to get a high rating for what it was trying to accomplish, and that is IMDB's fault for combining all types of movies in 1 catogery. It's like saying: I'm going to dismiss Rambo because of the lack of acting. That's stupid to say, because Rambo's main goal is not about acting it's about action and on that basis I would give Rambo a 9. The Dark Knight's has reached it's main goal of being a movie, so once again of course it's going to get high ratings. Also another example is Finding Nemo got a 9/10 and so did Shawshank Redemption, does that mean Finding Nemo = Shawshank redemption? No. It's what the movie was trying to accomplish, once again IMDB's fault for compiling such a list.

I went a little overboard

lefty
07-19-2008, 02:23 PM
I just watched the movie in IMAX

:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow

J.T.
07-19-2008, 03:30 PM

You're a dirty fucking piece of shit.

monosylab1k
07-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Nice.

I wonder who Nolan has in mind for the Riddler.

The Riddler is an awesome villain too ruined by the previous franchise.

You only hear the Riddler's voice, but I must say, it sounded eerily similar to Steve Carell's.

monosylab1k
07-19-2008, 07:21 PM
You're a dirty fucking piece of shit.

so you missed it?

lefty
07-19-2008, 07:52 PM

Crap

I didn't stay :bang:bang:bang

So we'll have 2 face and Riddler...

J.T.
07-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Crap

I didn't stay :bang:bang:bang

So we'll have 2 face and Riddler...

http://photo.gangus.com/d/26788-2/ackbar.jpg

lefty
07-19-2008, 09:04 PM
I really wonder who in Hollywood convinced everybody that Maggie Gylenhaal is good looking? She is as big a root as there is. She is really not good looking at all. At all. I'd sooner fuck Christian Bale than that ugly skank. She needs to stop being in movies that I watch.

Natacha and all the other Bruce Wayne's groupies were 100000000000 times better

T Park
07-19-2008, 09:34 PM
You only hear the Riddler's voice, but I must say, it sounded eerily similar to Steve Carell's.

Oh god no.....

God god god no....

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-19-2008, 10:54 PM

That was so cruel. I believed you.

J.T.
07-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Oh god no.....

God god god no....

It's a trap, there is nothing after the movie.

dirk4mvp
07-20-2008, 12:37 AM
I thought there would have been at least a Heath Ledger tribute or something.

J.T.
07-20-2008, 01:27 AM
I thought there would have been at least a Heath Ledger tribute or something.

There is a dedication after all of the paged credits, before the rolling credits that says something like "In memory of our friends Heath Ledger & ..." some other person, but I didn't recognize the other name.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-20-2008, 01:40 AM
There is a dedication after all of the paged credits, before the rolling credits that says something like "In memory of our friends Heath Ledger & ..." some other person, but I didn't recognize the other name.

The other name is one of the stunt specialists. It was very cool of the filmmakers to include his name in the same line as Heath Ledger's.

Classy move :tu

J.T.
07-20-2008, 01:45 AM
It would have glorified Ledger's death too much if they personalized the tribute to him. Death is still death whether you're a famous, Oscar-nominated actor or not.

midgetonadonkey
07-20-2008, 01:56 AM
Mary Kate = Courtney Love

atxrocker
07-20-2008, 02:04 AM

:lol:lol

dirk4mvp
07-20-2008, 02:10 AM

I don't think Ledger was as big a emo fag as Cobain was though.

E20
07-20-2008, 02:58 AM
I wonder who the next villian will be............

We can pencil in Two-Face, but who will also tag along, there were 2 villians both in TDK and Batman Begins both having a major role and minor role.

Mad Hatter?
Penguin?
Riddler?
Ventriloquist?

lefty
07-20-2008, 10:23 AM

We can pencil in Two-Face, but who will also tag along, there were 2 villians both in TDK and Batman Begins both having a major role and minor role.

Mad Hatter?
Penguin?
Riddler?
Ventriloquist?

Tlong

J.T.
07-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Nolan said Penguin is not a realistic enough villain for his movies.

Mister Sinister
07-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Ra's comes back and they introduce Talia as well. Or something.

Hank the Tank
07-20-2008, 12:07 PM
anybody got a badass joker wallpaper they would be willing to share?

damn....i wish i was good with photoshop...

lefty
07-20-2008, 12:44 PM
anybody got a badass joker wallpaper they would be willing to share?

damn....i wish i was good with photoshop...

http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/movies/wallpapers/batman-dark-knight-joker.jpg

E20
07-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Nolan said Penguin is not a realistic enough villain for his movies.

Why did he say that? According to the Red Hood, the Penguin was supposed to be in this movie, but was crossed out by Goyer and replaced with the Maroni family. I could see any of those villians being realistic options.

J.T.
07-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Why did he say that? According to the Red Hood, the Penguin was supposed to be in this movie, but was crossed out by Goyer and replaced with the Maroni family. I could see any of those villians being realistic options.

Some actor said he wanted to be Penguin in the Nolan version of Batman, I think it was this dude (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001364/). But Nolan said that Penguin was not realistic enough and wouldn't be included in his films. The next film will probably be Catwoman, since when Batman is talking to Morgan Freeman about making his suit stronger, he says it will protect him from cats.

lefty
07-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Some actor said he wanted to be Penguin in the Nolan version of Batman, I think it was this dude (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001364/). But Nolan said that Penguin was not realistic enough and wouldn't be included in his films. The next film will probably be Catwoman, since when Batman is talking to Morgan Freeman about making his suit stronger, he says it will protect him from cats.

Well done, JT

E20
07-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Oh fuck no! :bang

Catwoman blows. Male Superhero and Female villian never go good together ever.....IMO

monosylab1k
07-20-2008, 01:21 PM
The next film will probably be Catwoman, since when Batman is talking to Morgan Freeman about making his suit stronger, he says it will protect him from cats.

Paging Halle Berry!

http://www.celebrityfashionwatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/halle-berry-catwoman.jpg

monosylab1k
07-20-2008, 01:22 PM
It's a trap, there is nothing after the movie.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3225/2314043560_476634f52b.jpg?v=0

monosylab1k
07-20-2008, 01:23 PM
and everyone realizes that Harvey Dent died, right? So no Two-Face for the next one.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Who would make a good Catwoman?

I think Angelina Jolie would.

I personally don't like catwoman too much.

Heath Ledger
07-20-2008, 02:02 PM
I cant wait for that Mortal Kombat vs. DC Comics video game to come out the trailer kicked ass.

Avitus1
07-20-2008, 02:20 PM
I don't want to see Catwoman but I think now that Rachel is out of the picture they'll bring her in.

lefty
07-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Paging Halle Berry!

http://www.celebrityfashionwatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/halle-berry-catwoman.jpg

Her acting sucks

LuvBones
07-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Well I'm glad they wouldn't let us wait through the credits at the IMAX otherwise we would've sat there like idiots, lol. That movie was awesome! I wanna see it again already.

*possible spoiler alert johnsmith*

Could they have the joker in the next film? If they bring him back who would play him?

Heath Ledger
07-20-2008, 02:38 PM
OMG!!! Did you see The Dark Night?
Keith Ledger was so fuckin' good as the Riddler...he better win a grammy.
His performance was so much better than his last movie when he played Johhny Cash!
I hope he is in the next one too!
That black guy from Shawshank was pretty fuckin' good too!

O-Factor
07-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Fuck Catwoman as the next villian IMO.

After Ledgers performance as Joker the next film will have to cast the perfect actor for the next villian.

If the villian is in fact The Riddler, I can think of no better actor that can keep on par with Heath's performance than Johnny Depp as The Riddler.

leemajors
07-20-2008, 02:46 PM

After Ledgers performance as Joker the next film will have to cast the perfect actor for the next villian.

If the villian is in fact The Riddler, I can think of no better actor that can keep on par with Heath's performance than Johnny Depp as The Riddler.

yeah it would be great to bring someone in and ham it up.

atxrocker
07-20-2008, 02:49 PM
"Knight" earned $155.3 to beat opening weekend record of $151.1 million

"Dark Knight" brought in $66.4 million on its first day in theaters

Previous record was $59.8 million, held by "Spider-Man 3"

Film has received a boost from stellar reviews, buzz around Heath Ledger

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- A Warner Bros. executive says the Batman sequel "The Dark Knight" has taken in $155.34 million to top "Spider-Man 3" for best opening weekend ever at the box office.

The figures released Sunday show "The Dark Knight" more than $4 million ahead of the $151.1 million first weekend for "Spider-Man 3" in May 2007.

Studio distribution chief Dan Fellman says "The Dark Knight" also broke the "Spider-Man 3" record for best debut in IMAX large-screen theaters with $6.2 million. "Spider-Man 3" opened with $4.7 million in IMAX cinemas.

Stoked by fan fever over the manic performance of the late Heath Ledger as the Joker, "The Dark Knight" also set a one-day box office record with $66.4 million on opening day, Fellman said Saturday.

The movie's Friday haul surpassed the previous record of $59.8 million set last year by "Spider-Man 3." iReport.com: Did you see 'Dark Knight'?

"The Dark Knight" began with a record $18.5 million from midnight screenings, topping the previous high of $16.9 million for "Star Wars: Episode III -- The Revenge of the Sith."

The opening day grosses for "The Dark Knight" far exceeded the full weekend haul of its predecessor, "Batman Begins," which took in $48.7 million in its first three days in 2005.

Reviews were excellent for director Christopher Nolan's "Batman Begins," but they were stellar for his "Dark Knight."

"We've really never seen anything like this," said Paul Dergarabedian, president of box-office tracker Media By Numbers. "The death of a fine actor taken in his prime, a legendary performance and a movie that lives up to all the hype. That all combined to create these record-breaking numbers."

Buzz had been high for the Batman sequel well before Ledger died of an accidental prescription-drug overdose in January. Trailers last fall revealing Ledger's demented Joker, with crooked clown makeup, turned up the heat even more. The critical acclaim over his performance that built from advance screenings left fans in a frenzy.

"It's a combination of things. Certainly, that's a great part of it, but I think this movie's gross was partly because of the reviews it received and the incredible buzz and word of mouth that preceded it with our early screenings," Fellman said. "And the success and quality of the last one, 'Batman Begins,' delivered by Chris Nolan just set the tone for the opening of this movie."

"The Dark Knight" reunites Christian Bale as Batman, the vigilante crime-fighter tormented by personal tragedy, and co-stars Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Gary Oldman.

The film spins an epic crime duel as Ledger's Joker orchestrates a reign of terror on the city of Gotham aimed to spread chaos and break down the restraint that keeps Batman on the right side of the law.

Although critics are taking the film seriously enough to suggest that Ledger could be in line for an Academy Award nomination, the action-packed movie also delivers as pure summer movie escapism.

"If you're worried about mortgage payments and gas prices, when you're sitting in 'The Dark Knight' for two and a half hours, you're not thinking about any of that stuff," Dergarabedian said.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/20/dark.knight.ap/index.html

J.T.
07-20-2008, 02:56 PM
and everyone realizes that Harvey Dent died, right? So no Two-Face for the next one.

The lack of a casket at his memorial service has me doubting this.

Heath Ledger
07-20-2008, 02:59 PM
If Batman survived the same fall why couldnt Dent? You can rule nothing out in the comic world.

J.T.
07-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Could they have the joker in the next film? If they bring him back who would play him?

Johnny Depp is about the only person in Hollywood that could pull it off without insulting Ledger's take on the Joker. Ed Norton would have been a good Riddler, but I think Marvel's lawyers wouldn't take too kindly to that now.

dirk4mvp
07-20-2008, 03:32 PM

Come to think of it, Depp would be the perfect Riddler.

Druggie
07-20-2008, 03:52 PM
I saw this movie while candy flipping. Twas a lot of fun. I liked all of the "Gotcha" moments from the Joker.

lefty
07-20-2008, 03:56 PM

I agree.

Remember when Batman turned Dent's head, saying that people should remember only his good side?
The memorial service was held not only to honor the good Dent, but also to hide his new identity from everybody.

I think they put Dent in a secret prison, and he will escape in the next Batman

GEICO Caveman
07-20-2008, 04:48 PM
don't they take sunday into account for total weekend earnings?

Usually the three day weekend totals are released Monday morning. The numbers for Dark Knight are likely to go up even more. It's re-watch value is pretty high, and if it sustains, it could outsell Titanic. The only people who paid to see Titanic more than once are women getting wet over DiCaprio. Kate Winslet's tits weren't enough to bring back men because you could have gotten better and more content in a Playboy mag for the same price. This movie will have lots of people going back more than once to see it. Dunno if it will make more money than Titanic, but it's probably the only movie to come out since then with the potential.

But one thing it has working against it is Internet piracy is so much bigger now...there's already decent audio/video quality versions of the film on streaming sites, and it usually takes two weeks to a month to get that level of pirated quality out to the public. For this it only took two days.

Trainwreck2100
07-20-2008, 04:55 PM
"Before we beging let me do a magic trick. I'll make this disappear"

Fuggin classic

mardigan
07-20-2008, 05:18 PM
I agree.

Remember when Batman turned Dent's head, saying that people should remember only his good side?
The memorial service was held not only to honor the good Dent, but also to hide his new identity from everybody.

I agree with both of you. Im pretty sure he didnt die. He will be in Arkam or something.

And as far as Ekhart, he almost stole the movie for me. His Two Face was disturbing. Not much more can be said about Ledgar, he was awesome. I also really loved Gary Oldam is this movie, thought he did a fine job. As far as Bale's Batman voice, it was the same as the last one, so I dont know why people thought he would change his voice for this one. Damn good movie overall, 8/10

mardigan
07-20-2008, 05:21 PM

Mad Hatter?
Penguin?
Riddler?
Ventriloquist?

Hopefully it will be someone dark. Maybe like a combo of Killer Croc and Clayface or something. I also wouldnt mind seeing a Bane movie. The Clooney Batman fucked up that character so bad, it would be nice to see an actual good story based around him.

T Park
07-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Johnny Depp as the Riddler would be perfect.

Penguin? That would be tough. I don't know who you could portray as the penguin, as honestly, I don't know his background story that well.

The whole penguins with rockets, sigh, pathetic..

Mad Hatter? Ventriloquist? Never heard of em.

E20
07-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Johnny Depp as the Riddler would be perfect.

Penguin? That would be tough. I don't know who you could portray as the penguin, as honestly, I don't know his background story that well.

The whole penguins with rockets, sigh, pathetic..

Mad Hatter? Ventriloquist? Never heard of em.

I was having the exact same thought that Johnny Depp = Perfect Riddler while I was watching Batman Forver just an hour ago. Penguin is supposed to be an upper class rich dude who isn't really a hands on villian, but a person who instigates crime for his own needs, Tim Burton fucked it up with Danny Devito being so dark.

Mad Hatter and Ventriliquost are two of the more disturbing Batman villians, they both suffer from pyschological problems, (like all batman villians) which makes it realistic. Mad Hatter at first was actually sort of funny (LMAO @ The shit he tries to pull), but later on he's become more shadier/darker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ventriloquist_%28comics%29 (Ventriliquost)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Hatter_%28comics%29

E20
07-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Hopefully it will be someone dark. Maybe like a combo of Killer Croc and Clayface or something. I also wouldnt mind seeing a Bane movie. The Clooney Batman fucked up that character so bad, it would be nice to see an actual good story based around him.
Bane would be the most realistic. JT said that NOlan is looking for realistic and he wouldn't cast Penguin on the basis that he isn't realistic, let alone Crock or clayface.

1Parker1
07-20-2008, 05:56 PM

:lol I think she gets casts because she's a good actress (supposedly), I don't see her making any "Beautiful Lists" She's not attractive I don't think. But her brother on the hand? Yummy! :makeout

1Parker1
07-20-2008, 05:57 PM

Goodness, I hope it's not Jim Carrey again...:lol

TheTruth
07-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Yeah, it was a great movie. Heath Ledger totally owned that role. Unbelievable how good he was. Never once did I think I was watching Heath Ledger playing a character, he was The Joker.

Trainwreck2100
07-20-2008, 06:05 PM
I think this time Katie Holmes would have been a perfect cast, imagine the satisfaction of watching her get blown to shit after having to sit through 90 more minutes of her crappy acting.

monosylab1k
07-20-2008, 06:15 PM

All they showed was Gordon and that big ass picture of Nick Naylor. How you can that decipher that he's still alive from just that?

I'll assume that he's dead based on the fact that he wasn't breathing after he fell, and they didn't exactly go out of their way to rush him to help.

E20
07-20-2008, 06:19 PM
If that is true and they killed off two face that is a pretty shitty thing to do.

Trainwreck2100
07-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Why would the writers kill off two face and go out of their way to keep Scarecrow and The Joker alive?

J.T.
07-20-2008, 06:35 PM
All they showed was Gordon and that big ass picture of Nick Naylor. How you can that decipher that he's still alive from just that?

I'll assume that he's dead based on the fact that he wasn't breathing after he fell, and they didn't exactly go out of their way to rush him to help.

If he's really dead then there would have been no reason to avoid showing a casket at his funeral. He could be dead but I think they are leaving the possibilities for the third film wide open.

Leetonidas
07-20-2008, 06:38 PM
All in all, this movie was definitely all it was built up to be. Heath Ledger gave the best performance of any villain I have ever seen. He was downright amazing. This movie kicked so much ass.

monosylab1k
07-20-2008, 06:47 PM
if he isn't dead, i'll skip the 3rd film out of principle due to the fact that this will be like the 18th time Nolan has used the "he's dead! j/k no he's not, rofl" trick in these movies.

monosylab1k
07-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Why would the writers kill off two face and go out of their way to keep Scarecrow and The Joker alive?

Probably because they realized that they turned Two-Face into another whiny emo-Vader. He even had his own "noooooooooooooooooo!" scene.

I loved this movie but was sorely disappointed in their use of Two-Face.

E20
07-20-2008, 06:50 PM
Probably because they realized that they turned Two-Face into another whiny emo-Vader. He even had his own "noooooooooooooooooo!" scene.

But Two-Faces character is orginally whiney and emo. The only reason he became schizo/crazy and a criminal because he became ugly/deformed, his backstory is emo if you ask me, but the character is cool.

O-Factor
07-20-2008, 06:56 PM

A Christopher Nolan Bane story line would be nice.

E20
07-20-2008, 06:59 PM
A Christopher Nolan Bane story line would be nice.
You know what would be awesome? If they stopped it at the third batman movie and bane was the main villian and he broke batman's back. What a way to end the nolan/bale Batman franchise.

Leetonidas
07-20-2008, 06:59 PM
This movie shouldn't have been called The Dark Knight, it should've just been called "The Joker."

Biggems
07-20-2008, 07:07 PM
my friend was telling me he heard rumors that Anthony Michael Hall may become the Riddler.

I like the Penguin and if done right, he could be a nice villian...though I would rather have Catwoman....and if they did do a catwoman, who would you like to play her.....what actress out there can get away with sexy and sinister at the same time? maybe a charisma carpenter or alyssa milano.

I know if the joker comes back, it will have to be a whole new actor, and that quite frankly sucks. Ledger did an amazing job with the character.

I am glad they introduced two-face.

Maybe they can introduce the Riddler in the 3rd and bring back two face and the scarecrow (i cant remember if scarecrow died in the first one or not)

I dont think they should use Bane just yet. I think they should save him for the 4th or 5th one, if they are going to make more than 3.

lefty
07-20-2008, 07:07 PM

I think it was just a setup for the next episode.

You'll see more of him in Batman 3, as he escapes from a secret prison he was put in after he fell along with Batman

Spurminator
07-20-2008, 07:13 PM
I saw Anthony Michael Hall in the credits but I didn't remember seeing him in the movie...

mFFL03
07-20-2008, 07:26 PM
harvey's dead...I don't know about two-face though....

they fell the same height...sure batman has a lil armor, but come on. I don't believe he's dead.

why is everyone saying the riddler should be played by depp or norton? the only reason why people are mentioning the character is because the accountant Reese vaguely follows a similar riddler storyline.

we definitely should have had more scarecrow "effects" too...waste of screen time for that villian

duncan228
07-20-2008, 07:38 PM
I saw Anthony Michael Hall in the credits but I didn't remember seeing him in the movie...

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I found this:

Hall has a role in The Dark Knight, as Gotham City newscaster Mike Engel

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/06/the_dark_knight_fake_newscast.html

An interview with Hall about it:

y_aEhG5XmxM

Biggems
07-20-2008, 07:42 PM
how could u not tell that anthony michael hall was the reporter?

lefty
07-20-2008, 08:00 PM

they fell the same height...sure batman has a lil armor, but come on. I don't believe he's dead.

why is everyone saying the riddler should be played by depp or norton? the only reason why people are mentioning the character is because the accountant Reese vaguely follows a similar riddler storyline.

we definitely should have had more scarecrow "effects" too...waste of screen time for that villian

dallaskd
07-20-2008, 08:13 PM
The next film will probably be Catwoman, since when Batman is talking to Morgan Freeman about making his suit stronger, he says it will protect him from cats.

I just saw this for the second time today and i think you read into that too much. Batman asked if it would protect him from dogs. and freeman jokingly asked how big. and said they will protect against cats. i read on a website somewhere already saying it will be the riddler.

dallaskd
07-20-2008, 08:14 PM
(i cant remember if scarecrow died in the first one or not)

he didnt

dallaskd
07-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Im guessing the last batman will end with mr. freeze. and i dont really care who the villians are though i hope its not catwoman. please do not bring back joker.

dallaskd
07-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Yeah, it was a great movie. Heath Ledger totally owned that role. Unbelievable how good he was. Never once did I think I was watching Heath Ledger playing a character, he was The Joker.

yeah he demolished Jim Carrey and Jack Nicholson. :lol

god they were both awful

Trainwreck2100
07-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Im guessing the last batman will end with mr. freeze. and i dont really care who the villians are though i hope its not catwoman. please do not bring back joker.

Mr Freeze has one of the best backstories of Batman's antagonists, but i doubt Nolan thinks he's realistic enough for a movie.

O-Factor
07-20-2008, 08:39 PM
You know what would be awesome? If they stopped it at the third batman movie and bane was the main villian and he broke batman's back. What a way to end the nolan/bale Batman franchise.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. This series isn't the typical "everything is perfect at the end of the movie" hollywood ending.

That way if Bale is done with Batman, they could bring in another actor to be Batman like they did in the comics.

O-Factor
07-20-2008, 08:40 PM

excellent point

dallaskd
07-20-2008, 08:48 PM

two face should have been dead. he fell out of a building onto concrete. he wasnt breathing and they had a funeral. but yeah the lack of casket makes me wonder if in the movie they're playing it off as if Harvey died and the body was destryoed, while in reality Two face is locked up somewhere once they found out he's loco.

dallaskd
07-20-2008, 08:48 PM
wow nvm i just restated what lefty said

florige
07-20-2008, 08:53 PM
I think this movie is going to shatter all kinds of records for a long time. I just got back from the theater and I have NEVER seen a line that freakin long for one movie on a Sunday night.... NEVER!!!! I'll take my chances and hope nobody doesn't ruin it for me and see the X-Files next week and hopefully the week after that it will have calmed down some.....

dirk4mvp
07-20-2008, 08:54 PM
I know it's a long ways away, but doesn anybody know when it comes out on dvd?

florige
07-20-2008, 09:07 PM
I know it's a long ways away, but doesn anybody know when it comes out on dvd?

Waaaay to early for an exact date. They are gonna milk this for as long as they can. But my guess is somewhere between Nov-Dec in time for the holidays....

J.T.
07-20-2008, 09:16 PM
i read on a website somewhere

I can find sites on the internet that prove Tupac, Elvis and Heath Ledger are all living in a condo in the Bahamas, sipping mai-tais and watching the sun go down every day, but that doesn't mean it's true. Comic book fansites, fanboys, and speculation are a ménage à trois of stupidity. People were wanting Riddler to be in The Dark Knight back in 2005 after Batman Begins came out. The reason I think it's dumb to do a Riddler movie right after a Joker movie, is cuz the Joker just spent the entire film fucking with Batman and every other character by leaving clues or doing crazy shit no one expected. The Riddler is too similar of a villain to make the next film exclusively about him. Catwoman makes sense because they killed off Rachel and now Bruce Wayne needs another female to fall in love with.

lefty
07-20-2008, 09:19 PM
excellent point

Plus, neither Batman or Gordon said Danton was dead.

I also just read somewhere on the internet that in the comics, after a fight with Batman, 2 face was put in an asylum and escaped later

CuckingFunt
07-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Catwoman makes sense because they killed off Rachel and now Bruce Wayne needs another female to fall in love with.

That's the angle I was thinking, personally, as they could never have done a Catwoman story while Bruce was pining for someone else. Or, at least, not a good one.

What's with all the Catwoman hate around here, anyway? She's a great villain.

J.T.
07-20-2008, 09:22 PM

Yeah Batman and Maggie Gyllenhaal falling from the top of a skyscraper and landing on a taxi and not dying is believable but Nick Naylor surviving a considerably shorter fall is just beyond the scope of reason, isn't it.

CuckingFunt
07-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Yeah Batman and Maggie Gyllenhaal falling from the top of a skyscraper and landing on a taxi and not dying is believable but Nick Naylor surviving a considerably shorter fall is just beyond the scope of reason, isn't it.

Well... he probably got a wicked infection when Batman turned the crispy side of his face into all that dirt.

dallaskd
07-20-2008, 09:35 PM

yeah but batman was the one that landed on the car first and im sure he has some super protective shit on him. but still they walked it off like nothing as did batman when he took the same exact fall as two-face.

Spurminator
07-20-2008, 09:36 PM
I thought Batman slowed their fall with his cape.

dallaskd
07-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Mr Freeze has one of the best backstories of Batman's antagonists, but i doubt Nolan thinks he's realistic enough for a movie.

wow so mr. freeze and penguin arent realistic enough? Spiderman sure isnt taking the "realistic" angle with fucking sand monsters flying around.

dallaskd
07-20-2008, 09:39 PM

he did but if you watch it he slammed into the hood and it left huge damage in the taxi so it was still a hard slam...from the top of a freaking skyscraper. no way the girl lives that...and mr freeze isnt real enough my ass...

CuckingFunt
07-20-2008, 09:39 PM
wow so mr. freeze and penguin arent realistic enough? Spiderman sure isnt taking the "realistic" angle with fucking sand monsters flying around.

And the Spiderman movies suck.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-20-2008, 09:41 PM

:lol I had forgotten about that part. Normally shit like that ruins a movie for me, but Ledger's performance was so entertaining that one tends to forgive ridiculous stupid crap like that and just keep watching.

I agree though, if Rachel Dawes can survive a fall from a skyscraper without so much as a fracture, Two Face surviving a gay ass two story fall shouldn't be a problem.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-20-2008, 09:43 PM

Hence why Nolan should stay the fuck away from that formula!

MaNuMaNiAc
07-20-2008, 09:50 PM

Actually, I don't even think he did. I think the premise was that he broke Rachel's fall with this body. I only watched it once, so I'm not entirely sure, but I don't remember his cape opening up the way it does when Batman flies, which would have been the only way to slow the fall down. Either way, that whole scene is bullshit except for Ledgers "ooh, poor choice of words" part :lol

Mister Sinister
07-20-2008, 10:02 PM
I can find sites on the internet that prove Tupac, Elvis and Heath Ledger are all living in a condo in the Bahamas, sipping mai-tais and watching the sun go down every day, but that doesn't mean it's true. Comic book fansites, fanboys, and speculation are a ménage à trois of stupidity. People were wanting Riddler to be in The Dark Knight back in 2005 after Batman Begins came out. The reason I think it's dumb to do a Riddler movie right after a Joker movie, is cuz the Joker just spent the entire film fucking with Batman and every other character by leaving clues or doing crazy shit no one expected. The Riddler is too similar of a villain to make the next film exclusively about him. Catwoman makes sense because they killed off Rachel and now Bruce Wayne needs another female to fall in love with.
Talia.