PDA

View Full Version : Was 2006 series Spurs vs Mavs rigged?

AC#21_TD ERA
06-29-2008, 02:05 AM
With the conspiracy theories affecting the NBA. Do you guys think the Spurs vs Mavs game 3 of 2005/06 series was rigged? Dallas shot 50 free throws to 30. Duncan got fouled out on a play that he didn’t even touch Dirk. In the last qtr they got most of their points from the free throw line. Nowitzki scored 21 of his 27 points from the foul line, There was so many bullshit calls. Watching that game I thought it was the biggest screw job in NBA history.

anakha
06-29-2008, 02:09 AM
Obsess too much about it and you'll end up no better than the Suns trolls.

timaios
06-29-2008, 02:13 AM
Who cares.
This is 2008/2009 season now.
Move on.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2008, 04:05 AM
If we lost, it was fixed.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-29-2008, 06:10 AM
If we lost, it was fixed.

Basically.

Obstructed_View
06-29-2008, 06:34 AM
Pop didn't play either of the two starting centers for five of the seven games, even when Horry and Duncan were in early foul trouble. Prove the league had something to do with that decision and I'll buy into the conspiracy theory. Otherwise, the Spurs had a chance to win the series in seven games despite smallball giving the Mavs a huge lead to start virtually every game.

mrspurs
06-29-2008, 07:44 AM
wasnt this the game pop told manu, no matter what dont foul?....and manu fouls...i dont think pop and manu conspired against us.....manu just didnt listen...and if this is the same game, then i remember it took all summer for tony to forgive manu....i still remember the look on tonys face....he looked like he wanted to kill manu...but thats history, for most

lakehorn
06-29-2008, 07:59 AM
wasnt this the game pop told manu, no matter what dont foul?....and manu fouls...i dont think pop and manu conspired against us.....manu just didnt listen...and if this is the same game, then i remember it took all summer for tony to forgive manu....i still remember the look on tonys face....he looked like he wanted to kill manu...but thats history, for most

I think that was in game 7, after Manu gives a 3 point lead he fouled Dirk driving to the basket.

AC#21_TD ERA
06-29-2008, 08:03 AM
Pop didn't play either of the two starting centers for five of the seven games, even when Horry and Duncan were in early foul trouble. Prove the league had something to do with that decision and I'll buy into the conspiracy theory. Otherwise, the Spurs had a chance to win the series in seven games despite smallball giving the Mavs a huge lead to start virtually every game.

Im mainly talking about game 3. But i do agree with you small was one of the reasons we lost that series. Small ball stinks and i hope Pop learned his lesson. Watching game 3 something was not right about that game.

AC#21_TD ERA
06-29-2008, 08:04 AM
I think that was in game 7, after Manu gives a 3 point lead he fouled Dirk driving to the basket.

Yeah that was defenitley game 7.

Obstructed_View
06-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Im mainly talking about game 3. But i do agree with you small was one of the reasons we lost that series. Small ball stinks and i hope Pop learned his lesson. Watching game 3 something was not right about that game.

The Spurs let the Mavs out to a 13 point lead early, and Nazr and Rasho played 1 minute combined, while Oberto, who hadn't played in the rotation at all up to that point, played 11 minutes. Horry started at the three position. Fucked up coaching equals bad defense. Guys playing out of position equals lots of fouling. Lots of trips to the free throw line for one team equals momentum and benefit of the doubt from the refs. Game over.

That scrub overrated bum that's now in New Jersey also caused a Spurs turnover right at the end of the game, sealing the win.

NRHector
06-29-2008, 10:01 AM
With the conspiracy theories affecting the NBA. Do you guys think the Spurs vs Mavs game 3 of 2005/06 series was rigged? Dallas shot 50 free throws to 30. Duncan got fouled out on a play that he didn’t even touch Dirk. In the last qtr they got most of their points from the free throw line. Nowitzki scored 21 of his 27 points from the foul line, There was so many bullshit calls. Watching that game I thought it was the biggest screw job in NBA history.
all the fucken games are rigged if David Stern is still the commisioner

Twisted_Dawg
06-29-2008, 10:33 AM

Dallas shot 125 FT's in gmes 3,4 & 5. This is double what they had averaged in the playoff series they had before they played the Spurs. 125 FT's for one of the best FT shooting teams in the league.

We had our coaching short comings, Manu's vey stupid foul.....but there were so many bad calls that went against us, that yes, I think this series as fixed.

MaNu4Tres
06-29-2008, 10:40 AM
I remember we were up 2 with 12 seconds left and it was mavs ball. I specifically remember dirk backing up bruce in the paint and BAVETTA calling a blocking foul on bruce playing post defense ( hands in the air) on dirk with 8 seconds left in the ball game which put him on the line to tie the game. The game went to overtime and mavs won.