PDA

View Full Version : Can George hill be a CP3-Rondo-DWill stopper?

Ignignokt
06-29-2008, 11:21 AM
i'm not to caught up on his vitals, his speed. But on youtube, Hill seemed to have adequate speed for defense and seems to sport a huge wingspan for his height.

With CP3 being only 5'11, i was thinking Hill's lenght could bother him.

Dex
06-29-2008, 11:25 AM
He seems pretty athletic, but I haven't heard anybody raving about his defense. Let's put the kid through some run, first.

picnroll
06-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Rondo stopper?

whottt
06-29-2008, 11:37 AM
He seems pretty athletic, but I haven't heard anybody raving about his defense. Let's put the kid through some run, first.

I've heard some nice things about his defense...

More importantly, the dude has insanely long arms for a PG. Those arms will be a great boon to shutting down Paul's passing.

Nobody is going to completely shut Paul down...he's just too damn good, at both passing and scoring, and smart, to shut down completely.

JamStone
06-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Chris Paul faces players that are always bigger, taller, and longer than him. Didn't really bother him much this past season.

TheProfessor
06-29-2008, 12:03 PM
We should probably see how he does in Summer League first :lol

Bruno
06-29-2008, 12:06 PM
The bigger question is : How CP3-Rondo-DWill will be able to stop or at least slow down Hill ?

intlspurshk
06-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Ok now G Hill is the next savior and he is the top PG stopper and D Wade no.2. Keep on dreaming.

jack sommerset
06-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Ok now G Hill is the next savior and he is the top PG stopper and D Wade no.2. Keep on dreaming.

:lol

all_heart
06-29-2008, 01:09 PM
We can only hope he turns into all things good, he certainly has a lot of potential. Time will tell, as well as Pop giving him some decent minutes to bring his confidence up to NBA level. Confidence and raw talent is the foundation to a good NBA career.. ie TP. With all these new guys hopefully Pop won't have an an aneurysm... it's been awhile since he's really thrashed some youngins.. :lol

I also agree about CP3, he's damn good, team D and defensive strategy is the way to keep him from going off.

SenorSpur
06-29-2008, 01:13 PM
We can only hope he turns into all things good, he certainly has a lot of potential. Time will tell, as well as Pop giving him some decent minutes to bring his confidence up to NBA level. Confidence and raw talent is the foundation to a good NBA career.. ie TP. With all these new guys hopefully Pop won't have an an aneurysm... it's been awhile since he's really thrashed some youngins.. :lol

I'm sure he hasn't lost his touch. Besides it's about time Pop identified some new potentials residents for his doghouse. :lol

The Franchise
06-29-2008, 01:28 PM
No.

taps
06-29-2008, 01:34 PM
With all these new guys hopefully Pop won't have an an aneurysm... it's been awhile since he's really thrashed some youngins.. :lol

I'm sure he hasn't lost his touch. Besides it's about time Pop identified some new potentials residents for his doghouse. :lol

Feels like it's been two rings since Pop has had (a lot of) new young blood on the team. Maybe the added finger bling has calmed him down some. Still, I never underestimate his ire.

tlongII
06-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Nobody stops CP3 or DWill. Least of all some rookie from IUPUIPIUUIPPU.

tempest186
06-29-2008, 02:05 PM
I love off-season threads

SPURSGOAT
06-29-2008, 02:18 PM
It's too early to tell... we don't know much about him til we see him in Summer league and the first couple of months of the season...

lotr1trekkie
06-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Team defense is the name of the game at the NBA level . Spurs fans, above all, should realize this. We are one the least "athletic" teams in the league but play D as well as anyone else. 1 on 1 nobody can stop Tony either. Bruce is a great defender but the incredible offensive skills most of these guys possess he also needs to know someone is covering for him. It sounds to me that Pop is convinced tha Hill can fit into the Spurs system in terms of energy and committment. My hope is that Vaughn will take Hill under his wing and groom him as his successor by mid-season. Ditto Kurt Thomas with Mahamni. Then all we need is a starting #2 who can generate enough O so that Manu doesn't have to be called on 220 seconds into most games.

SCdac
06-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Roughly speaking, if Hill turns out to be as good as Delonte West, I'll be happy. Anything more than that is wishful thinking at this point, right?

Delonte was taken just two spots ahead of Hill in the draft (#24) back in 2004. West is a little taller than Hill, but he too has long arms, can play capable defense, and can shoot from pretty much all over the court. If Hill can manage that from a backup role, that would be awesome.

Honestly, I don't mind if Hill doesn't become a "starter" quality player just yet (meaning, this season). Parker is our youngest and most up-and-coming starter/all-star, so we should take advantage of his prime IMO. I don't think we need to cut down his 33 MPG just yet. When you look back at our championship years, our backup pg's didn't necassarily get huge minutes in the post season (Claxton - 14 MPG, Udrih - 12 MPG, Vaughn - 10 MPG, Kerr - 8 MPG, etc).

timvp
06-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Rondo stopper?:lol That was my first thought.

Defense is by far Rondo's strength. Teams don't even guard him offensively.

angelbelow
06-29-2008, 04:27 PM
im thinking... its too early to tell??

Ocotillo
06-29-2008, 04:50 PM
One of the best ways to slow down CP3 is to make him work on defense. I think a reved up Tony Parker with an athletic 2 guard running mate will be the best way to "defend" Chris Paul.

Hopefully, GHill pans out and he and Manu will see a lot of playing time together.

1Parker1
06-29-2008, 04:52 PM
:lol He doesn't need to stop any of those players. He just needs to be a better backup PG than Jacque Vaughn.

George Gervin's Afro
06-29-2008, 05:08 PM
when we had speedy claxton we always had a point guard on the court who could break defenses down. we were really good then ... If Hill can come in and keep the offenisve pressure on opposing teams then yes he can help us...I envision some Hill and TP tandoms reeking havoc on a defense. Oh and he seems to have the right defensive attitude.. That's a plus.

Brutalis
06-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Rondo?! Haha I needed that laugh woooo weee.

TJastal
06-29-2008, 05:49 PM
If this kid lives up to his billing, I see him getting 25-30 mins a game, splitting time at PG and SG

Kori Ellis
06-29-2008, 06:00 PM
:lol He doesn't need to stop any of those players. He just needs to be a better backup PG than Jacque Vaughn.

:lol That's what I was thinking. They just need him to play 10-12 minutes a game and hold his own against backups. He doesn't even have the body style that would allow him to guard a strong point guard and he's certainly not skilled enough (at least at the moment) to think about him playing against the best PG's in the league such as CP3 and DWill.

Darkwaters
06-29-2008, 06:43 PM

Any chance Hill could be our small ball PF?

Spur-Addict
06-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Any chance Hill could be our small ball PF?

HuH?....:lmao....No wait, i'm sorry what did you say? you must be :drunk

Darkwaters
06-29-2008, 06:52 PM
HuH?....:lmao....No wait, i'm sorry what did you say? you must be :drunk

Why not? If hes our savior, elite PG stopper and D Wade v 2.0 then why can't he be our small ball PF too? Maybe even our new athletic post shot blocker?

Spurtacus
06-29-2008, 07:02 PM
This was a good laugh. Thanks.

nil.ball
06-29-2008, 09:08 PM
not only George Hill will be a CP3-Rondo(i mean who the fuck is rondo)-Dwill stopper, he will practically put michael jordan's legacy to shame. I mean this guy is a future 13 times all star and a lock at HOF by the age of 25, and 7 times nba champion by the age of 29. michael who?

TDMVPDPOY
06-29-2008, 09:35 PM
u lost all creditbility when you mention rondo...on the same sentence with cp3 and dwill

Tully365
06-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Latest rumor is Obama & McCain are offering the running mate position to Hill. Insiders say he will accept both offers.

tp2021
06-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Latest rumor is Obama & McCain are offering the running mate position to Hill. Insiders say he will accept both offers.

So when both tickets tie, they will correctly deduce that the outcome was a result of Hill's presence on both of them. So, they will appoint him as president, and his VP will be george hill, too.

of course then, george hill serves under no man, and will appoint VP Hill as Co-President. After all, Hill would be honored to serve alongside a man as great as himself.

George Hill went with Timmy to the Virgin Islands. Now they're just the Islands.

rj215
06-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Hill recently told reporters that he plans on retiring before camp starts since he's already cemented his legacy as one of the greatest Spurs ever.

They will also build a statue of him in from of the AT&T center in which Hill has Duncan and Pop on his back as he climbs a mountain made of dead Lakers.

tp2021
06-29-2008, 10:51 PM
instead of his last name and a number, the back of his jersey will read
"THE GEORGE HILL EXPERIENCE"
When asked what it means, he will simply reply
"Ask your mother"

And if you're wondering what the officials will indicate as his number when he is whistled for a foul, stop it.

He will kill you, just like the officials. They know better.

Donaghy was smart, he got out while he still could.

The George Hill
06-29-2008, 11:00 PM
This thread pleases George Hill.

And the answer is, No.

"Can" implies that George Hill might not be capable of such a mundane feat.
George Hill has sent the greatest messenger for George Hill, George Hill, to inform you that indeed, George Hill is capable. George Hill knows, because George Hill is.
By "is," George Hill means that George Hill is already a lockdown defender. Or does George Hill mean that George Hill is omniscient? Only the great George Hill knows.