PDA

View Full Version : Step Brothers

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-29-2008, 11:42 AM
This looks like a great movie. Hopefully Ferrell and Reilly deliver as much as they did on Talladega Nights.

x6Nx61qtdbg

The burying scene always makes me laugh out loud. :lol

curtismedellin
06-29-2008, 11:49 AM
check out the R rated preveiw. It'll have you in tears.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Here we go :lol.
K6FUldvRYY0

monosylab1k
07-25-2008, 05:08 PM
I just got back from seeing it.......not bad. Pretty hit & miss, but when it hits, it hits perfectly.

Will Ferrell's act is getting tired, though, he better come up with a new bit besides "angry overgrown 11 year old who is a tv newsman/nascar driver/basketball player/step brother" or his career is going to sink.

brettn
07-25-2008, 05:11 PM
I just got back from seeing it.......not bad. Pretty hit & miss, but when it hits, it hits perfectly.

Will Ferrell's act is getting tired, though, he better come up with a new bit besides "angry overgrown 11 year old who is a tv newsman/nascar driver/basketball player/step brother" or his career is going to sink.

Agreed, I love the guy, but you can only play the same character so many times before you feel like you're seeing the same character EVERY single movie he's in. Except for Stranger than Fiction. I thought he was strangely good in that.

That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing this. Looks like it'll provide a few good laughs.

j-6
07-25-2008, 07:09 PM

So this is a good place to post that an Anchorman sequel is in the works?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainment/sfl-anchorman072508,0,1152222.story

duncan228
07-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Except for Stranger than Fiction. I thought he was strangely good in that.

I'm not the biggest Ferrell fan, but I really liked Stranger Than Fiction.

exstatic
07-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Will Ferrell is the comedy equivalent of fast food. What's happening to some of you now is that you've become Super Sized.

monosylab1k
07-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Will Ferrell is the comedy equivalent of fast food. What's happening to some of you now is that you've become Super Sized.

He's the In-N-Out of comedy fast food if that's the case. He isn't complete McDonald's shit like Adam Sandler or Tyler Perry.

Trainwreck2100
07-25-2008, 11:21 PM
He's the In-N-Out of comedy fast food if that's the case. He isn't complete McDonald's shit like Adam Sandler or Tyler Perry.
not a House of Payne fan i take it?

j/k nobody watches that shitty show

tp2021
07-26-2008, 12:01 AM
"A family that moves together, grooves together."
That makes NO SENSE as an adage. Its just a stupid statement.
That commercial/line just annoys me...
DAMN YOU, HOUSE OF PAYNE!!!!!!!!!!

Trainwreck2100
07-26-2008, 12:06 AM
"A family that moves together, grooves together."
That makes NO SENSE as an adage. Its just a stupid statement.
That commercial/line just annoys me...
DAMN YOU, HOUSE OF PAYNE!!!!!!!!!!

The line that annoys me is "Number 1 cable sitcom of all time"

or course it's #1 its "cable sitcom" competition is the other crap sitcoms on TBS Nobody watches the "The bill Engvall show" Or the one about that lesbian and all her guy friends that is "my Boys" Fuck you TBS for ruining the playoffs

Bigzax
07-26-2008, 09:28 AM
the only movie i've ever paid to see that had ferrell in it was oldschool...

this movie won't change that fact...

ididnotnothat
07-26-2008, 09:35 AM
Tyler Perry has had hit after hit. Maybe not what the MSM covers but his films are hits.

Trainwreck2100
07-26-2008, 01:16 PM
So has Michael Bay, doesn't mean they're any good.

The Rock was good.`

ShoogarBear
07-26-2008, 05:12 PM

Either come up with a new bit, or start doing Scorsese films.

ShoogarBear
07-26-2008, 05:15 PM
The line that annoys me is "Number 1 cable sitcom of all time"

or course it's #1 its "cable sitcom" competition is the other crap sitcoms on TBS Nobody watches the "The bill Engvall show" Or the one about that lesbian and all her guy friends that is "my Boys" Fuck you TBS for ruining the playoffs

Inside the NBA makes everything else forgiven.

curtismedellin
07-27-2008, 03:26 PM

Couldn't agree more. Just saw the movie about an hour ago, some parts had me laughing pretty good. I was hoping for a little more. It seems that John C Rielly and Ferrell make a good team but they do need to take thier comedy to a different level. If you're a Will Ferrell fan this is a funnier movie than his last outing (Semi-Pro) and as stated elsewhere the act is starting to wear a little thin, but enjoyable nonetheless.
If you're not a fan of Ferrell and his type of comedy then this movie will do nothing to change you're opinion of his films and is not worth the hard earned cash you will put down at the window.
IMO.

Ginofan
07-27-2008, 09:28 PM
I loved this movie! Maybe I was just hard up for a good comedy this summer and this one fit the bill...but I seriously laughed myself to tears. The first sleepwalking scene was super hilarious, I just about died!

If you think Will Farrell's act is tiring and old then just don't see it, but as long as his shit it making money I doubt he's going to change it up. As the saying goes...If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

PakiDan
07-28-2008, 12:27 PM
I loved this movie! Maybe I was just hard up for a good comedy this summer and this one fit the bill...but I seriously laughed myself to tears. The first sleepwalking scene was super hilarious, I just about died!

If you think Will Farrell's act is tiring and old then just don't see it, but as long as his shit it making money I doubt he's going to change it up. As the saying goes...If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I agree... I laughed myself to tears. Funny, funny movie.