PDA

View Full Version : Your city have a Juneteenth? Black festival type thing?

Brutalis
06-29-2008, 05:16 PM
I am not a racist person, as I have black friends. But of course anyone says that so whatever.

Here in Arkansas there is something called Juneteenth. It's a little festival thing they have on the river downtown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juneteenth

Well I went last year with my buddy Jay. We are both white dudes, but we won free tickets, well he did and invited me. He is all into rap and hip hop, I am not. I only went to drink and party, in which I did.

Anyways, after reading it in Wiki last year I thought it might be interesting also and a learning experience.

I was wrong. It was nothing but a poor mans Riverfest.
http://www.riverfestarkansas.com/ (the largest outdoor festival in america)

There was nothing but rap and hip hop music, everyone fighting, and people picking fights with me cause I was white. Well I got in a few but that's another story.

Anyways if you read the Juneteenth thing on Wiki you see it's supposed to be about emancipation, and celebrating freedom and all that. This was nothing but a bunch of racists pricks fucking with each other, cussing at women and touching them, and so on. There was reported 6 rape cases from last years Juneteenth on the river, 2 murders, and over 200 arrests. The cops were crawling all over the place, and I watched several of them get beat up.

Needless to say all this was is a gathering of blacks to trash the city and help the crime rate climb.

I think the only reason I made it out alive was because our friend Will went with us, and we all split his admission 3 ways to make it fair. He is black, and I think hanging out with him saved a lot trouble for us.

Is it like that in your area/city? Why even have it? The state of Arkansas tried to eliminate the whole Juneteenth but failed, over racial issues of course.

Anyways all I know is if white people had their own festival, we would be racist and wrong for it. If Mexicans did, they would be racist for it. Anyways Juneteenth came and passed again this year, and it was worse. On the news it talked about several people dying, being shot, stabbed and all that shit. Anyone remember the HBO series in the 90s called Bangin' in the Rock? It was about how bad the gangs were in Little Rock, and how the crime rate per population was the worst in the country for several years. Well, that's all it was wrapped up in a weekend. Pathetic.

Had to vent.

Brutalis
06-29-2008, 05:18 PM
I would like to add there was about 5 black guys I met there, and became friends with to this day. We play basketball every weekend at the park. So there were lots of cool people there too.

JoeChalupa
06-29-2008, 05:21 PM
San Antonio Juneteenth (http://www.juneteenthsanantonio.com/)

You can find something to dislike at almost any festival or event. I've seen fights break out during Fiesta, 4th of July, the Potteet Strawberry Festival. I've been to the one here in SA for years and have always had a good time. But I can also easily see your view of things as Zi've seen that too. Too bad some have to ruin it for others.

Brutalis
06-29-2008, 05:24 PM
San Antonio Juneteenth (http://www.juneteenthsanantonio.com/)

You can find something to dislike at almost any festival or event. I've seen fights break out during Fiesta, 4th of July, the Potteet Strawberry Festival. I've been to the one here in SA for years and have always had a good time. But I can also easily see your view of things as Zi've seen that too. Too bad some have to ruin it for others.

It would be awesome if there wasn't so much violence. I mean it was really scary.

When I get nice and drunk I love hip hop. It just makes me wanna bounce and shit. I would love going if I wasn't so afraid of dying. And you're right man, people fuck it up for everyone.

JoeChalupa
06-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Yeah, the violence sucks especially when I have my kids with me. If they only knew how stupid it makes them look and the bad impression it leaves on those like yourself who come with good expectations and then get treated to that kind of experience. How can you not come out having negative views about it? First impressions are a powerfiul thing.

Heath Ledger
06-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Ive been to several fireworks /freedom festivas on the Detroit River and they are alway nothing but trouble, i saw like 10 black chicks jump a white chick and a riot ensued. I think the girl actually died.

Ive also gone to the Hoedown in downtown Detroit still cant figure out why all the ganbangers think its cool to go down there and cause trouble and get beat up by Jethro and his buddies.

katyon6th
06-29-2008, 09:36 PM
When someone prefaces with "I am not a racist person, as I have black friends", you know what they're about to say is totally racist.

Awesome story.

CuckingFunt
06-29-2008, 09:39 PM
When someone prefaces with "I am not a racist person, as I have black friends", you know what they're about to say is totally racist.

Awesome story.

"I have black friends" is sooooooo ten years ago.

All the cool kids start their stories with "I have a gay cousin."

Avitus1
06-29-2008, 10:27 PM
I live in Killeen Texas and we do have one... dont know much besides that. I actually dont think anyone (black, white, or whatever) goes... this town has lame celebrations.

lebomb
06-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Im black and I will NEVER attend any event with tons of hip-hop music and a bunch of young black angry gangstuhs running around. You will definitely see fights and shit breaking out. I go to the taste of New Orleans festival during fiesta here in San Antonio......but I leave before it turns dark. There is all kinds of gangs and thugs running around starting shit. I hate to see it like this, but its the truth and the way it is. :depressed :depressed :depressed

TDMVPDPOY
06-30-2008, 10:08 AM
whether its clubs or festivals where its mainly one race at the event, should always avoid it, there will always be a fight or someshit..especially among young youths and wangsters

IX_Equilibrium
06-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Ive also gone to the Hoedown in downtown Detroit still cant figure out why all the ganbangers think its cool to go down there and cause trouble and get beat up by Jethro and his buddies.

It's called "racial hatred".

dickface
06-30-2008, 11:09 AM
I would like to add there was about 5 black guys I met there, and became friends with to this day. We play basketball every weekend at the park. So there were lots of cool people there too.

I'm sure he's very appreciative that you interact with him in his natural environment.

dickface
06-30-2008, 11:12 AM
kpUSElgJcyI