PDA

View Full Version : Meeting the Spurs

Juanobili
06-29-2008, 06:11 PM
So which Spurs players have you met? and where?

I haven't met a Spur in a long time. But my favorite moment was when I met Sean Elliott. I was about 4 or 5 and he came to my town's high school along with Pop, Avery and the Coyote. There might have been someone else. I took a pic with Sean as he was carrying me :)

jdaveah
06-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Tony had lunch at Rudy's the day of the Laker series game 3.

Brutalis
06-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Eh I met Tim briefly at a preseason game at the Pyramid. A whole 7 seconds probably as I had tickets to be on the court and on the other side of the rope coming out of the tunnel.

Solid D
06-29-2008, 09:47 PM
I said hi to Timmy one time but he didn't hear me. I was in section 222 at the time.

:smokin

Solid D
06-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Actually, I've met several Spurs here and there over the years. All of the occasions were brief encounters or conversations. I've also seen several, just bumpin' around town at the movies, etc.

Juanobili
06-29-2008, 09:57 PM
My parents saw Ime leaving an Old Navy a few months ago

and my dad's boss lives close to the Dominion (is that what it's called?) and sees them frequently

ashbeeigh
06-29-2008, 10:06 PM
My mom had a conversation with Ime when he was furniture shopping a few months ago (I think All Star break).

I met Beno the day of the 2005 championship and my sister and mom also met him and his dog at the PetsMart on De Zavala. Another dog story, we saw Sean Elliott at the annual dog show looking at rotweillers (is that how you spell it?) in the mid 90s.

El_Mago
06-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Robert Horry partied with me in my VIP section the last weekend of May.

It was at a club downtown called Metro.

We waved our hands in the air to some rap song and just chilled.

Cool dude...real laid back.

sa_butta
06-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Ive met David Robinson at the San Antonio airport. I met Terry Cummings at North Star mall years ago. Ive met Bruce Bowen, Mark Bryant, and Ira Newble at a place called Stonewerks when they all use to play for us. Ive met Antonio Daniels several times at various bars and night clubs. I met Rasho, Beno and Robert Horry at the Loft two years ago. I also met Samaki Walker at the Atrium and ran into him at fiesta one year. And I think that is about it aside from being on the court for player introductions during a game this past season.

The George Hill
06-29-2008, 11:01 PM
I met the incomparable George Hill, savior of the San Antonio Spurs, the stopper of all things Paul, Williams, and Rondo.

carina_gino20
06-30-2008, 12:37 AM
I saw Gino back in 2006 when he played a tune-up tournament in Singapore. I sat behind the Argentine bench but the ushers wouldn't let us bother the players.

I met Beno in that same tournament, asked him for his signature, and sent him love from Angel. :)

Gorge Hill
06-30-2008, 12:39 AM
Have you meet Mr. George Hill?

bigdog
06-30-2008, 02:06 AM
I met George Gervin, he was just walking around the AT&T Center, and he signed my ticket and some other stuff. I met Tony Parker when he came to my town and came to my high school. He gave me a shirt. I recently met Bruce Bowen who came to my town because he is good friends with the Browns who own 2 dealerships over here. He signed a cap and took a picture with me.

Cool guys, all of them.

spurscenter
06-30-2008, 03:21 AM

I haven't met a Spur in a long time. But my favorite moment was when I met Sean Elliott. I was about 4 or 5 and he came to my town's high school along with Pop, Avery and the Coyote. There might have been someone else. I took a pic with Sean as he was carrying me :)

I/we play ball with Jack Haley (does he count?), everyone always goes for the ribs. mofo talks like Will Ferrell, then Will plays and it's hilarious.

This guy plays too, shoots well but D sucks balls.

http://82muchf00d.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/dirty_work_r1_custom-cdcovers_cc-front.jpg

urunobili
06-30-2008, 07:44 AM
never had the pleasure :(

tlongII
06-30-2008, 09:36 AM
I haven't met any of them. Thankfully.

rlballin1
06-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Here goes another comment by this Trailblazer fan.
Thankfully? LOL
Please tell me what the benefit is of meeting a Portland player????
.................................................. .....

TDMVPDPOY
06-30-2008, 10:17 AM
i met the silverstars in my dreams.....yeh baby

djohn14
06-30-2008, 10:51 AM
I havent meet a Spur while they were a Spur...I met Kurt Thomas 2 years ago at a St. Louis Cardinal game. I dont know why but i didnt care. He was pretty cool. He signed a baseball for me...kinda strange but he was nice.

dmac
06-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Here goes another comment by this Trailblazer fan.
Thankfully? LOL
Please tell me what the benefit is of meeting a Portland player????
.................................................. .....

scoring a lid or two.

rAm
06-30-2008, 11:15 AM
I used to live in the Dominion so I've met a handful of the spurs players.

My mom tripped avery accidentally one time in the clubhouse a while back and Pop was joking around and said, "Are you trying to kill my players??" it was pretty funny.

I went trick or treating at Pop's house and he gave my sister and I his whole bowl of candy because he said we were the only ones to come to his house (my mom knew where he lived and drove us up there hahaha).

And back when I was reaaaal young, David Robinson picked me up over his head and I just remember being way high off the ground.

rj215
06-30-2008, 12:00 PM
I haven't met any of them. Thankfully.

Becuase they would've laughed at how much your team sucks.

xtremesteven33
06-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Ive met...

-Sean Elliott at Univeral studios at Orland Florida in 1998
-Antonio Daniels at a Pep Boys in 2000
-Tony Parker at Sea World in 2007
-Jacque Vaughn at Fiesta Texas in May of 2008

VaSpursFan
06-30-2008, 12:29 PM
briefly met tim and drob at the 2001 all-star game in dc. met sean elliott at my 10 year college reunion, did know why he was there but then learned he married a classmate, claudia zapata. i'm friends with jaren from undergrad and most recently saw him and his wife terri at my 15 year college reunion last year.

Sausage
06-30-2008, 01:34 PM
I've met Malik Rose, Sean Elliott, Devin Brown, and David Robinson

dragonpride2001
06-30-2008, 01:41 PM
(my first post on this website) i have come across a few spurs players the first one was doc rivers when he played for the spurs it was a decade ago 1995 i think he was at a sports authority it may have been around christmas time i think.

i when shopping with my mom and my aunt and we were about to go when they(my mom and my aunt) asked my who is that i wasnt really paying attention untill i saw it was doc river i then went to say hi and shake his hand.

i also saw a group of spurs at a club called the lexington place(i think that is what the club was called) it was after a spurs home game (i went with my sister and her husband) the first spur we saw i think was robert horry he was at the bar we were on the higher level of the club and the later i saw mario elle i dont think he was playing with them but he was in the spurs orgaization or the spurs staff the last spurs player we came across was manu but we were already leaving and we passed by him going downstairs to leave

cornbread
06-30-2008, 01:50 PM
In order of appearance:

Willie Anderson at the JCC
Terry Cummings at North Star
Dwayne Schintzius at North Star
Sean Elliott at Blockbuster Music
Coby Dietrick at Toys R Us
Larry Brown at HEB
Johnny Moore at my middle school
Vinny Del Negro at my church
Antonio Daniels at Jim's
Tim Duncan at Embassy Miniature Golf
Tony Parker and Melvin Ely at two different Best Buy's on the same day!
Devin Brown practicing in the offseason at UTSA
Manu and Fab shopping together at La Cantera
Pop at Lion and Rose
I've been waiting 20 years to run into D-Rob somewhere and it just hasn't happened.

The George Hill
06-30-2008, 02:58 PM
You may all say that you have had the honor of meeting The George Hill, for George Hill is currently gracing every one of you with George Hill's presence.

angel_luv
06-30-2008, 03:03 PM

I met Gino at an autograph signing at Ihop.

Most everyone else I met at the arena at one time or another- Timmy, Malik, Bruce, Rasho, Beno, Sean Marks, Matt Bonner, Robert Horry, Brent Barry.

I talked to Bruce once at the airport. He was on the same flight as my mom.
I talked to Malik at the grand opening of his second restaurant.

I ran into all the Spurs two separate years in the lobby of the Four Seasons in Houston, Tx.
The first time was by complete chance.

I ran into Beno at Best Buy the night of a Robert Horry autograph signing.

Matt Bonner made an appearance at the mall where I worked. So did Beno.
( So did Rob and Bruce and Ime Udoka but those guys I didn't get to speak to.)

bigfundamental21
06-30-2008, 07:15 PM
I have met several Spurs through autograph appearances in the community-Duncan, Parker, Manu, Bowen, Horry, Finley, Bonner, Barry, Elson, Vaughn, Udoka, Sean and Malik Rose.

I also met Avery Johnson at a Fan Fiesta event back in the late 90s.

Saw J. R. Reid at the movies once. Also saw Francisco Elson at the movies right after he signed with the team last year.

I've seen David Robinson at Best Buy with his sons.

I saw Tony Parker at North Star Mall once during his rookie year.

I used to work at the George Gervin Youth Center and George would come by frequently to visit the center. I would also see Johnny Moore and Mike Mitchell there with him on occasion.

Matt Bonner visited my school this past school year along with the Coyote and the Silver Dancers. (I work at an elementary school).

I've had the opportunity to get autographs from the players before games and have had brief opportunities to talk to all of the players on this past year's team and last year's team. I have numerous autographs from players past and present.

I was once co-captain of the game and got to shake hands with Duncan and Parker back in 2005.

manufor3
06-30-2008, 07:26 PM
ive met sean elliott at the apple store.