PDA

View Full Version : What do the teams that made the playoffs last year all have in common?

Tacker
06-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Lakers
Denver - Allen Iverson
Utah - Deron Williams
Rockets
Spurs - Tony Parker
Phoenix - Steve Nash
Mavericks - Jason Kidd
Hornets - Chris Paul

Celtics
Hawks
Cavaliers-
Wizards - Gilbert Arenas
Raptors
Magic
Pistons - Chauncey Billups
76ers

Half of the teams that made the playoffs last year all had an allstar Point Guard.... Pretty much nowadays you cant go anywhere without a Point Guard.

Lakers sucked ass in 2007 but with the addition of Fisher, they became a deep playoff team , they were still badass before the additon of Gasol

Hawks were bad too but when they acquired Mike Bibby they became playoff teams.

Conclusion:- Its a good damn thing Paxon selected Derrick Rose over Mike Beasley....

tlongII
06-29-2008, 06:18 PM
None of them will win the title next year.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Half of the teams that made the playoffs last year all had an allstar Point Guard....Pretty much nowadays you cant go anywhere without a Point Guard.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/paul_forrester/12/14/perimeter.shooting/t1_rondo.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Oh yea, and wrong forum.

Juanobili
06-29-2008, 06:22 PM
yeah, how could you forget Rondo?

itzsoweezee
06-29-2008, 06:53 PM
how many teams (other than those having MJ on them) have won an nba championship without an all-star big man?

conclusion, chicago screwed up. especially considering that they desperately need a big man that can score.

ShoogarBear
06-29-2008, 06:54 PM
The two teams that made the Finals didn't have an All-Star point guard.

Tacker
06-29-2008, 07:15 PM
how many teams (other than those having MJ on them) have won an nba championship without an all-star big man?

conclusion, chicago screwed up. especially considering that they desperately need a big man that can score.

Before Big Men dominated but this time its PGs

Fail...

Spur-Addict
06-29-2008, 07:18 PM

80's Pistons.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-29-2008, 08:40 PM

Fail...

That explains why both the Finals teams didn't have an allstar point guard and had an allstar power forward.

Tully365
06-29-2008, 08:55 PM
I have nothing against point guards, but the way I look at it the two best Post Players of the past decade-- Duncan and Shaq-- have 8 rings between them, and the two best point guards-- Nash and Kidd have zero. The best Chicago team of the 90s featured a starting lineup of Harper/Jordan/Pippen/Rodman/what-his-face, which = no point guard at all.
In the last 20 years, I'd say the SG position has been more valuable than the PG position.

angelbelow
06-29-2008, 08:59 PM
did rondo also come from a small school?

ShoogarBear
06-29-2008, 09:24 PM
did rondo also come from a small school?

Kentucky? Hardly.

tp2021
06-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Half of the teams that made the playoffs last year all had an allstar Point Guard.... Pretty much nowadays you cant go anywhere without a Point Guard.

Lakers sucked ass in 2007 but with the addition of Fisher, they became a deep playoff team , they were still badass before the additon of Gasol

Conclusion:- Its a good damn thing Pop selected George Hill over anybody else....

true. now, with 2 all-star pg's, a rappin frenchman with a wicked teardrop, and the CP3-rondo-DWill stopper GEORGE HILL, the spurs will be unstoppable.

rj215
06-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Lakers
Denver - Allen Iverson
Utah - Deron Williams
Rockets
Spurs - Tony Parker
Phoenix - Steve Nash
Mavericks - Jason Kidd
Hornets - Chris Paul

Celtics
Hawks
Cavaliers-
Wizards - Gilbert Arenas
Raptors
Magic
76ers

Conclusion:- Its a good damn thing Paxon selected Derrick Rose over Mike Beasley....

Who gives a fuck. Rose is gonna have to be Jordan Jr. on that team with scrubs like Tyrus Thomas, Drew Gooden and Larry Hughes.

The George Hill
06-29-2008, 11:03 PM
The Spurs made a decision selecting George Hill.

Not right or wrong. It is understood that taking George Hill is the only thing to do.

Mister Sinister
06-29-2008, 11:04 PM

Fail...
Pot, kettle.....

gmanrulz
06-30-2008, 12:10 AM
Lakers - Pau Gasol
Denver -
Utah - Carlos Boozer
Rockets - Yao Ming
Spurs - Tim Duncan
Phoenix - Amare Stoudemire
Mavericks - Dirk Nowitzki
Hornets - David West

Celtics - Kevin Garnett
Hawks
Cavaliers-
Wizards -
Raptors - Chris Bosh
Magic - Dwight Howard
Pistons - Rasheed Wallace
76ers

Gorge Hill
06-30-2008, 12:28 AM
Lakers
Denver - Allen Iverson
Utah - Deron Williams
Rockets
Spurs - Tony Parker
Phoenix - Steve Nash
Mavericks - Jason Kidd
Hornets - Chris Paul

Celtics
Hawks
Cavaliers-
Wizards - Gilbert Arenas
Raptors
Magic
76ers

The all lack of ---------------------------->

Wait for it....

George Hill!!! babe!

wait for me bring in 7 more championships rings!

Spur-Addict
06-30-2008, 01:24 AM
The all lack of ---------------------------->

Wait for it....

George Hill!!! babe!

wait for me bring in 7 more championships rings!

:lmao

That one was good I must say. The others? Eh, but that one was good.

:clap

Tacker
06-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Lakers - Pau Gasol
Denver -
Utah - Carlos Boozer
Rockets - Yao Ming
Spurs - Tim Duncan
Phoenix - Amare Stoudemire
Mavericks - Dirk Nowitzki
Hornets - David West

Celtics - Kevin Garnett
Hawks
Cavaliers-
Wizards -
Raptors - Chris Bosh
Magic - Dwight Howard
Pistons - Rasheed Wallace
76ers

Major Fail, Yao Ming and Dwight Howard are Centers leaving that 7 forwards less than my 8 pgs

stretch
06-30-2008, 08:23 AM
didn't your thread title say "what do the teams that made the playoffs last year ALL have in common?"

so why do only like 8 of the teams have this common factor?

8=16???

go shoot yourself

you still owe me $50

douche

stretch
06-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Major Fail, Yao Ming and Dwight Howard are Centers leaving that 7 forwards less than my 8 pgs

you fucking idiot

he listed 11 guys

11-2=9

so where do you get the "7 forwards" from?

Rip-Hamilton32
06-30-2008, 08:37 AM
yao didn't even play in the playoffs

MavDynasty
06-30-2008, 09:24 AM
you fucking idiot

he listed 11 guys

11-2=9

lol he is a dumbass stretch

1Parker1
06-30-2008, 09:33 AM
The two teams that made the Finals didn't have an All-Star point guard.

:lol That's what I was going to say. And not only that, both PG's in the Finals were basically complete non-factors for the series.

1Parker1
06-30-2008, 09:37 AM
While having a great PG can certainly help a team, it's definitely not the be all and end all to winning a championship. You look at the teams that have made it to the Finals the past couple years, Lakers, Celtics, Miami Heat of 06, Cavs of 07, etc. non of those teams had a great PG, but they were still able to win it.

More than anything I would argue you always need to have the best player, regardless of their position, on the court to win it all or even a series in the playoffs. See DWade, Tony Parker, Paul Pierce, etc.

wildbill2u
06-30-2008, 09:37 AM
What did they have In common?

At least two and perhaps three quality players of all-star caliber. One star player won't cut it in this game.

urunobili
06-30-2008, 09:39 AM
attention whoring thread until opened in the right forum

stretch
06-30-2008, 09:40 AM
While having a great PG can certainly help a team, it's definitely not the be all and end all to winning a championship. You look at the teams that have made it to the Finals the past couple years, Lakers, Celtics, Miami Heat of 06, Cavs of 07, etc. non of those teams had a great PG, but they were still able to win it.

More than anything I would argue you always need to have the best player, regardless of their position, on the court to win it all or even a series in the playoffs. See DWade, Tony Parker, Paul Pierce, etc.

Tim Duncan is the best player on the Spurs, not Tony "1-dimensional" Parker. Manu is better too.

Tacker
06-30-2008, 02:29 PM
you fucking idiot

he listed 11 guys

11-2=9

100% sure thats rage right there

stretch
06-30-2008, 02:36 PM
100% sure thats rage right there

:cry